Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    A) No.. the $4500 rebate isn't taxable as income (it may have been subject to sales tax, before being deducted from the price).

B) A $2356 federal income deduction for the sales tax is worth about $600 to most buyers...

Still... a good deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• newhampsternewhampster Member Posts: 11
    Just bought a new 2009 NAH in New Hampshire, even though NH is not officially one of the 8 states. Current Nissan rebate (Oct. & Nov. 2009) for the '09 NAH is $3,500, and there may be an additional $500 Black Friday incentive. With some negotiating, dealer took an additional $3,000 off the $27,500 base sticker price (not even including their dealer-added transportation, pin-stripping and clear-cote fluff). OTD price (w/o TTL): $21,000. Deduct the $2,350 tax credit and NET = $18,650. That's a lot cheaper than a Prius or even a Civic hybrid!
    Yeah depreciation is a killer when buying a '09 model in November '09, but I plan to hold on to this car for a while. Standard 100,000 mile battery/EV warranty is reassuring.
    Although I didn't buy it there because of the distance, I recommend Marc Motors in Sanford, ME to anybody in New Hampshire, Maine or NE Massachusetts. They would have sold me an '09 NAH at an even more competitive price, and they are getting in 2010 NAHs.
  • _kimberly__kimberly_ Member Posts: 3
    Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred did not cover the electronical parts of the Hybrid.. it's in the contract. :cry:
  • ucla54ucla54 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2010 NAH, and negotiated an 8 year, 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for $2100. Thats' what sold me on the Alitma....it's bumper to bumper...I looked at the fine print very carefully. Excellent deal. I just have to keep records of my maintenance. E-mail me with any questions ucla54 @ yahoo .com
  • anbudananbudan Member Posts: 1
    I am being offered the 2010 NAH with the following:

2010 Altima Hybrid + convenience package + premium package + aluminum kick plates + wind deflector + floor mats

I am also offered lifetime power train warranty free + towing within 25 miles ... whatever that means.

26320 (after 2000 NAH rebate) + CA Tax@9.25% + doc fees (55.00) + tire fees (9.00)

Is this a good price? I tried but couldnt better price from other dealers? Not sure whether i am not trying hard enough...?
  • carbuyer83carbuyer83 Member Posts: 1
    A $3750 cash rebate is being offered on the 2009 NAH, expire in 1/04/10. Will I qualify for the rebate if the dealership is not financing the car? I am paying cash. Is it a good idea to purchase thru Costco? TIA
  • xavxav Member Posts: 23
    Yes, it should qualify.

I didn't get any price that I liked with Costco. One of the problem that I had with Costco is that it wasn't used by many dealerships.

This is the end of the month/year and some dealership may have to meet some quotas. Best advice is call the dealerships in your area, and throw out some very low offer. They will probably refuse but some may call you back.

Doing this, I ended getting my NAH with Convenience package for 22 percent below invoice in June 30 (and the cash rebate was $500 lower). Ended paying $20,600 + taxes and registration.
  • matte2matte2 Member Posts: 1
    Dorschel is selling most of their remaining 2009 hybrids for about $10,000 off. some of them are a little less depending on what they are equipped with.

I just got home after the best car buying experience I have EVER had. I spoke on the phone earlier in the morning with the sales rep to have them set one aside, came in drove it, loved it. They offered to prep it so I could leave with it today, and it was ready in a few hours.

No hassles, no headaches, no annoying upsells etc. They said here is a website with more warranty info if you want it, here are some other things you can do later on if you like.

Picked up a loaded one with more options than I can list - msrp 34,900 I set out looking for a base model one and decided that the back up camera, leather, etc was worth the extra (that and no one has any base models left around here).

so the price works out as follows

$34,900 msrp
    -$5750 discounts
    +Sales tax
    -$4250 rebate ($3750 in lieu of apr and $500 holiday cash)
    ------
    $24900 + sales tax
    -2350 tax credit (collected later)
    -sales tax deduction if you are eligible and the amount you save will vary.

Over all about $22550 + sales tax and dmv fees for a fully loaded one.

I also pre-purchased the 3 year / 45k maintence package (oil change + tire rotation) for $386, I would have spent that much anyway on the oil changes, so looked like a nice little bargain.
  • ucla54ucla54 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2010 fully loaded NAH

MSRP 34,920 (Tech package, etc etc) for $31,100

$500 bonus cash back
    $2350 Tax Credit from Uncle Sam
    0.9% for 60 months

=$28,250
    I think I would have been better off taking a higher interest rate and $3,000 cash back, I could have saved roughly $500 more throughout
    the financing. But I decided to buy my car in November instead of December...oh well.

The best best best deal nissan offers is an 8 year 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. No joke. That is the only reason I went with a Nissan Altima vs. a prius or fusion hybrid. I drive a lot. That piece of mind is good to have. I bargained and bought it for $2100. You can't get that anywhere else.

I'm very happy with my purchase.
  • irishnyeririshnyer Member Posts: 2
    I picked up my Nissan Murano SL 2010 AWD tonight in NJ. It's the Merlot with black leather interior - looks really sharp and really like how it drives.

WORDS OF CAUTION: You really have to be careful when you are closing the deal. They will try and rip you off on the Gold Preferred Security+Plus extended warranty, if you haven't done your homework.

I told the service manager when we finalized the 60 mo/%2.9 financing at the end of his pitch that I was going to hold off on the extended warranty for now. The first offers were outrageous. $2500-3000 for the 60 mo/60k mi and they try to get you to roll it right into your monthly finance pymts.

Anyway, found out the cost for the 7yr/100k mi (the max) Gold Preferred Security+Plus is $1397. 6yr/75k mi was $1122. Got him to show me the Nissan factory warranty book. He said he never shows the book to anyone, lol, but he knew I would get the best price online, so why play games. I threw him a c-note on top for his efforts and it was rolled into the finance agreement.

I told the dude, "hey, you are doing your best to make some extra bucks, ain't going to hate on you for that", but I wonder how many people just blindly roll that 2-3k into their deals?

Anyway, the basic warranty should be 5 yr/50k mi, minimum, in my opinion, on all new cars.
  • NissanGuy08NissanGuy08 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2010 Altima and after finalizing the deal it was off to the finance guy. He did his best to sell me everything including the kitchen sink but I declined and said I'd get back to him.

Came home, jumped online and ending up purchasing a 6 year 100,000 mile Gold Preferred plan from a dealership online. $765 w/$50 deductible plus they financed it for 17 months with 0% interest.

I had talked to a couple different online stores but these guys were by far the best: Nissan Warranty Store it's a dealer in CA

I'm not sure about the Maintenance Plus though, anyone have any experience with it?
  • saxe10595saxe10595 Member Posts: 35
    we finalized a deal for 2009 NAH for 25190 + tax and title which includes navigation with tech package, rear view camrea, connection plus pakcage and monoroof and leather interiors MSRP was 34900. Almost all available packages. LIA Nissan out side Albany, NY.
  • nissanman2010nissanman2010 Member Posts: 8
    Excellent Price. Congratulations
  • nursejulesnursejules Member Posts: 1
    Hi all -
    i'm buying my new 2010 NAH at stevens creek nissan in san jose, ca, and this is the deal i'm getting. i put a $500 deposit down tonight, and will pick up the car tomorrow and pay the balance (they had to bring it in from another dealership about two hours away).
    MSRP 29,080 hybrid with convenience package
    minus 3500 from the dealership
    = 25580
    minus 3000 Nissan incentive for February 2010
    base price= 22580 + tax + DMV fees

is this a good deal? i've just started reading these forums and am concerned with some of the reported engine problems. i am buying the car for the gas mileage and solid reviews in consumer reports.

any help? i have waffled between this car and a very comparably priced subaru legacy. i'm the first one i know of to purchase a hybrid, and just might need some reassurance on the wisdom (or not) of the decision. thanks!
  • mhuimhui Member Posts: 3
    Yeah -- I paid 25,400 OTD for my 2009 Hybrid with the convenience package and I love the car.

I had a defective battery in the beginning, but once the dealership replaced it, it has been fine ever since. You'll love the car!
  • casaigecasaige Member Posts: 6
    Looks like we are getting a NAH fully loaded with Tech (Navi), Convenience & Premium pkg. for $27,420 before taxes, tags, dest., etc. Dealer is offering $7,500 in rebates (including grad, toyota, $3000 off, etc.)

We are in Northern California. Sound like a good deal???

Saige
  • mhuimhui Member Posts: 3
    I guess it depends on what the price is with all of it. I think people pay around 29-30k w/ the packs you're saying. Actually maybe not the premium. I think if you pay under 30 it's looking good.
    The price is $27,420. Hybrid with Navi - the three big packages. Great to know under $30 is good. I was hoping somebody would tell me that's the bargain of the century. ;)
  • hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    Just picked up a 09 Brick Red NHA, loaded ("left-over").

MSRP: $34,730

Sell price: $31,470 ($600.00 below invoice).
    Nissan Rebate -$3750
    Tax Credit -$2350
    Trade -$13000

The trade value of my trade (2005 Ford Explorer) was what made me pull the trigger, this was at or above KBB trade-in. (I find that dealers often offer well below KBB trade-in value). I am guessing gas will be going up for the summer, so it was a good time to unload my SUV that was getting 16mpg this winter :surprise:

So far I'm averaging around 35mpg according to the DIC, haven't had to fill up yet (nor will I for a while) :)
    We got it!! NAH in Ocean Gray exterior/Charcoal interior - base price ($26,780) with Convenience pkg. ($1300), Premium pkg. ($4230), and Tech pkg.($1780), destination charge ($720), floor mats ($110), dealer mark-up ($3995! HA! Yeah, right!), for a dealer asking price of $38,915.

We got it for $27,420 (not including taxes, tags, title, etc.) and bought the extended warranty and maintenance packages for $1 over invoice. Didn't do much research on the warranty, so hope we didn't get taken for a ride there.

What a sweet ride. Hope the info. helps somebody else in the area!
  • hp1234hp1234 Member Posts: 8
    Can you let me know which dealer you got this deal at? Thanks.
    I got my NAH at Serafini Nissan, Vestal NY
    edited March 2010
    I live in WA state and was checking out the price for a 2010 NAH. One of the salesman from CA was telling me that they can not sell the NAH with CA emission standard to out of state customers. Has anyone ever heard of this?
  • javablvdjavablvd Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a basic model of 2010 NAH (MSRP $27,610) from a dealer in San Jose for $20,260 before tax and DMV fees.
  • mathakidmathakid Member Posts: 4
    That's a good price, about $500 less than the lowest price advertised in the paper. Can you share what dealership you bought it from?
  • javablvdjavablvd Member Posts: 2
    The one mentioned in message#456.
    edited March 2010
    Bought a 2010 NAH from a dealer in OR for 21,533 + Tax/Doc/DMV fee with Convenience Package, Floor Mat and aluminum kick plate.
    Firstly, congrats on your purchase, seems like a good price.

Secondly, may I ask you (and everyone else) to state the sticker price, and any applicable rebates you got? (But not the tax credit). This will help people have a better idea how the pricing breaks down, both now and in the future :)
    Sticker price was 29,080. Rebate was 3,000. Tax credit was not included in the final price.
  • aqanaqan Member Posts: 5
    Any prices from recent purchases in CT/NYC?
  • rzuffrzuff Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    Bought an 2010 Base yesterday here in Socal. I had them match + $200.00 North Bay Nissan's price which was worth it to me since I had I had a trade in and it was a 900 round trip drive. I was really surprised they went for it times must tough on these Hybrids but it came out less then a base model! Overall very happy.

$27610 Msrp
    $23,695 price paid
    $4500 rebate

$19195 +Fees
    $2350.00 tax credit
    $16845.00 or around $19k OTD
  • carhunting1carhunting1 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, $23,695 price paid!
    Is this including your tradein?

$16845.00 is really really cheap then.

BTW, I only see $4000 rebate from Nissan website. How can you get $4500 rebate?
    The trade in was a seperate deal and they gave me $500.00 more then the other two nissan dealerships that wanted $1800.00 more for the same hybrid model. so they didn't make it up there. It was also $700.00 more then Carmax would give me to sell it to them.

The extra $500.00 rebate is something going on that ends this weekend for California residents.
  • dealmaestro10dealmaestro10 Member Posts: 20
    Would you please tell me the dealership name. I am interested in a Hybrid Altima as well, so would try and get the same deal from the dealership.
    Thanks
    It's one of the dealers in the San Diego area. They actually made me promise not to tell anyone in case the boss didn't agree again or was unavailable so I don't want to name them. I think this is the last day for the extra $500.00. What I did was email them and telling them I was thinking of doing the North Bay Nissan deal in Petaluma and driving up and and driving back. We agreed $200.00 would be fair for me not to have to do that. North Bay Nissian has the ad posted on there website for $18,995 after rebates but before the tax credit for a base model.

If you need something today I did see Connell Chevrolet Costa Mesa had them for $7500.00 off which is about $800.00 more then I paid but still a great deal.

Personally I think Nissan attached some sort of dealer incentive to sell these cars and get the inventory down but who cares them come out cheaper then the base 2.5 and drive much better IMO
  • jsiyjsiy Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Mystic Jade NAH, all the packages, floor mats, kick plates, after all taxes and fees, and with the huge Nissan rebates (but not the tax credit), $29769 out the door, in the Sacramento area.

It's a great ride.
  • kgatworkkgatwork Member Posts: 16
    Just picked up a base Altima Hybrid in dark slate with the convenience package and floor mats for 23615 OTD on Long Island, NY. Includes ttl fees. MSRP-28930 incl destination. The dealer threw in vin glass etching, I guess it was already done as I wasn't expecting any extras. In fact I didn't know it had the floor mats until I saw the window sticker after the purchase.

I really would have liked some more options but adding the next package was another 4k+ on top of the convenience package and didn't want to spend the extra.
  • gl14534gl14534 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought one in Rochester, NY with P01 and K01 packages. MSRP $33,160 - $9500 OFF (the deal seems very good, I did not even negotiate), the final price before TTL is $23,660 and the trade-in (not included) for my Nissan Maxima GLE (95000 miles) is $4000.
    Congratulation, Great price, wish you had posted sooner, I would have purchased one for that price. You got a better deal!

What year Maxima did you trade and did you think you got a fair value?
  • vgavga Member Posts: 1
    Drove out yesterday. 10k off MSRP. 28.2k OTD here in NORCAL. After federal tax rebate, 28.2-2.3= 25.9K. Cheaper by more than 2k OTD, compared to equivalent gas based ALTIMA SL bcoz of the federal tax rebate.
    The trade-in was a 2000 Maxima. I am relatively new in this area and not sure if it's a fair value. The dealer said that the price was lower here. But the Altima deal seemed excellent yesterday and for the entire Memorial Day weekend. The discount is up to $10K on a fully loaded Altima. Mine does not have the tech package, thus $9500 OFF. With the additional $2.3K tax credit, it's hard to pass this deal.
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the response, I'm just curious if these deals involve dealer financing?

You are right about the 2.3k incentive, thats what sold me. :)
    Between $4000 Nissan cash back+$1000 bonus cash and 0% interest, I chose the cash. The interest at the dealer is 3.6% for 60 months.
  • chunglauchunglau Member Posts: 48
    Bought the base NAH with no options for $18,700 plus tax and license, in San Jose, California. The price is great, about $9K off list. However, the dealer charged tax on the discounted amount before factory rebate is applied, so in effect I paid tax on the rebate. Is that how they are supposed to do?
    Rebates are taxable in New York, seems that California must be the same.
  • muoimuoi Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Can you tell me which Nissan's dealer in San Jose that you got this good price?
  • firemedic4firemedic4 Member Posts: 2
    Bought our altima last week - after test driving the base model I was interested to see what the dealer had, And went walking with the salesman - he showed me the different trim options and then rushed by the hybrids. I started looking a little deeper and he let it slip that the Hybrid had a $4000 rebate instead of the base $1000. Add $500 for being a recent grad, and it was $1450 more out the door than the base model. $22500 OTD, and then the $2300 credit next year. Really great car at an excellent price.
  • giraldogiraldo Member Posts: 17
    picked up frost white hybrid with convenience sticker of 28,940 for 20,900 and the additional tax credit for net cost of 18550. What do you guys think?
  • bizibizi Member Posts: 17
    This is an excellent deal at this time. Where are you located?
  • giraldogiraldo Member Posts: 17
    I bought it in boston area. Getting picked up tomorrow, can't wait.