Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• degnan78degnan78 Member Posts: 4
    Which dealership in the Boston area? I'm thinking of getting one too!
  • giraldogiraldo Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2010
    can you email me your contact info, and i'll forward it to my salesguy. that way i can take advantage of the referral program?
  • fidozoomfidozoom Member Posts: 1
    I would really like to buy an Altima Hybrid but it is not available in my state. I am considering an out of state purchase but probably can't pull it off before end of June (3 more days). Do you guys think the deal will last into July? The 4K incentive? How long has it been around for? and what is Nissan's history with incentives?

Thanks for helping!
  • hipercohiperco Member Posts: 9
    The 4K has been around for a while. I only got $3750 on my left-over 09 in April, when the 2010's only had $3000. I wouldn't expect the $4000 to go away any time soon. I should have waited ;)

A great site is truecar dot com. They show the pricing history.
  • bizibizi Member Posts: 17
    It seems that the rebate of $4000 or $3750 has been going on for a long time. Other dealer incentives come and go, however. June is not as good as May in pricing in California, although the rebate has been the same. We don't know if July is getting better or worse. The other factor is that 2011 model is coming out soon. We don't expect much change in that model, but a newer model year may make a difference in resale value.
  • fchenfchen Member Posts: 5
    I purchase one from CarsDirect.com since there are only 3 hybrid cars in San Diego now. They are navy and black which I think is too hot for SoCal.
    They found me on in Orange County, Here are the details.

2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid Base 4dr Sedan
    MSRP: $ 27,630.00
    Invoice: $ 25,932.00
    CarsDirect Price: $ 21,482.00
    CarsDirect Price: $ 20,882.00 ---->I asked for a little bargain.
    Exterior Color: Ocean Gray Metallic
    Interior Color: Charcoal

OTD: 23,514

Not super cheap but I am happy with it. Going to pick up this weekend.
  • ndanndan Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    If I get a brand new Nissan Altima Hybrid 2009 now, would i still be able to get the 2350 tax credit for hybrid vehicles? or does the federal tax credit apply to only 2010 nissan altima hybrids? for tax year 2010.
    Thanks
  • mrashy2004mrashy2004 Member Posts: 15
    Hi. I would like to get one also and you can get the referral bonus.

Please email me, I would love to buy one today.

ashy_73
    yhoo.com
  • onyx2005onyx2005 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, the tax credit is available of any "new, unregistered" hybrid, regardless of what year the vehicle is.
    thank you onyx
    Finally pulled the trigger on an 2010 altima hybrid with the premium package
    msrp: 33160
    invoice: 30718
    sale price: 25000
    doc fee: 75
    tax: 2193 (NY)
    registration fee: 147
    I did have a trade in for which I got about four - five hundred more than the kbb dealer trade in. this is without the 2350 federal credit...Do I need to get any paperwork from the dealer for getting the federal tax credit next year? thanks in advance..
  • gractiongraction Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased the NaH with the Premium package in slate gray in NJ. Looks sweet. I heard about the $4500 cash back and submitted an internet dealer quote. I didn't get any specific prices from the dealers but got a call and went for a test drive after work. I liked the car and they seemed to be offering a pretty good deal but I hadn't done too much research. My wife wanted to try it so I jokingly asked if they would let me take it home for the night. They said yes!

The next day I did some more online research and found a site that would give specific quotes from certain approved dealers. The dealer I had visited was offering it for $800 less than I had been quoted the night before. So I went back that night and although it was supposed to be for in stock vehicles they honored it even though they had to get the car from another dealer. I also traded in my old vehicle for a fair price.

msrp: 33160
    invoice: 30718
    price paid: 24700
    doc fee: 400 (high but they wouldn't budge)
  • sirsteve1sirsteve1 Member Posts: 1
    I have an opportunity to purchase a 2010 Nissan Altima hybrid...msrp of $28940 for $21000 even (including all rebates)...seems like a great deal. Any comments?
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Congrats on your purchase. Can you or anyone here tell me where I can find the info on the 4500 rebate or cash back?

Would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
  • gractiongraction Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Right on the nissanusa web site. And there is also an ad over to the right on this very page. Look for the Bottom Line sales event and look up the altima hybrid. In fact until Sept 6 it totals $5000 cash back. It only looks like it is for the northeast + Oregon, but maybe they have similar offers for other areas.
  • nunnynunny Member Posts: 1
    Hello there,

I paid 19749 for Altima Base. Is this a good price?
  • hemsbrainhemsbrain Member Posts: 4
    I have been offered 18,900 + tax/documentation/registration in NJ. Is this a good price? This is for the Base model.
  • qsxdqsxd Member Posts: 3
    With tax credit, that's18900 - 2350 = 16550. I would buy one for that price.

I live in North California Bay area. The best offer I have gotten so far is around 20300.

I have told deals that I will buy one at $19000 but no dealer wanted to go that low.

If anyone in Norcal who have been quoted ~$19000 in October, please let me know.
  • kaurikauri Member Posts: 11
    I would buy one at around $19000. I live in Souther Cal. LA area. If any one gets a quote around $19000, please let me know as well. Thanks
    MSRP 27640 with carpet floor mat.

Paid $19444 before tax credit in North California Bay Area.

It was very hard to find this deal because the lowest listing price for 2010 model is around $21000 in my area. Because no dealer is listed one under $20k, no one wanted to seriously negotiate my offer price of 19k.

I checked every Nissan dealer inventory on each dealer's own website. Nissan official website doesn't have accurate inventory information. Sometimes a Nissan dealer has 2010 in their inventory but not show up on the official website.

While researching, I found one dealer is selling 2011 model for $21444. Since 2010 rebate is $2k more than 2011, I negotiated based on this price.

I e-mailed every dealer that has 2010 model and only one dealer accepted my offer.

Fortunately, this dealer had the color I wanted. I drove there and picked one today.

Tax is a killer in CA: $2344.78.
    Doc fee: $55
    License fee: $275
    Registration/Transfer/Title fee: $87
    CA Tire fees: $8.75

OTD price: 22264.53

$2350 tax credit due next year.

Thanks everyone who has posted great deals earlier. Without this forum, I wouldn't be able to make this deal.
  • bigjoe777bigjoe777 Member Posts: 11
    About to pull the plug here in nj for 17595 for a base,before tax rebate,awesome deal.I shopped around and nobody would go lower then 19200.Best time to buy end of month.Will report back tomorrow if everything goes as planned.
    Hi,
    Can you please let me know which dealer is giving you this 17595 deal, the lowest offered to me so far is 18,900 + tax/document....OTD 21,500

Thnx
    DHC nissan in freehold.I got mine yesterday,winter frost for 17595 plus tax and tags.What a deal.The pricing was for 2 days fri,sat,but im sure they will honor the price this week.Hurry on 3 left 2 silver and 1 black.Good Luck.
    How much was your OTD price... was there any destination charge, how was the documentation fee?
    OTD price was 19700,no des fee,just tax mv fees.
    Wow that's a steal .. Last week I paid 20500 OTD final price. The only things the dealer threw in was Pine Stripes, door guard and tire lug nuts...I bought a ocean grey NAH....congrats on your new car....
    Thanks,you too! dealer would not throw in any extras,wanted pinstripe.
    What dealer did you buy from,how did they treat you?
    Great deals in east coast!

Too bad not many dealers are selling 2010 Altima Hybrid in California.

North Bay Nissan is selling 2011 for $20,999. California residents could use this price to negotiate 2010 Altima hybrid for $19000.
  • my2010altimamy2010altima Member Posts: 4
    Did you have any issues with the Freehold dealer or any strange things like slight damage to the vehicle? Thought I had a done deal with them but now there are some issues.
  • moveovermoveover Member Posts: 31
    Did a deal like Big Joe's (thanks) :) via e-mail this past Thursday with FreeHold and picked it up this morning, They were unable to locate the second key but was ordered by them. Overall a good experience, took a little long because they were so busy. Was told it was the last one they had available when I picked it up. Really were eager to please. Even did my out of state paperwork for a nominal fee, beats waiting in line at the MD DMV. Would have liked the C package, but there is a reason they are discounting these and which other Hybrid can you buy for $15.3K after tax credit.
    What issues did you have,i did my test drive in a new 2010 that was hit on the side,it was a white one.They acted liked they did not know about it.They will probably fix and sell as new.
    That is exactly my problem. We had tentively agreed to a deal on the phone for the white one. The morning I was going to drive/pick up the car I gt a call telling me that the rear bumper was scuffed buy one of the lot attendants. They offered to give some additional money off for the damage. I told them I wanted to see the damage but the car had already gone to the repair shop. Could you tell me where the damage was (bumper,door etc) and was it a bump or a true accident. I'm not sure if I can trust these people or not. I really appreciate your reply.
    You must have bought the Silver one? I had called early Friday and they said someone had a deposit on a Silver one. Good pick :)
  • moveovermoveover Member Posts: 31
    Thanks yes it is, the Silver is nice but so is the White since it is a metallic too. As long as it is Paint damage and it is repaired right I wouldn't worry. Many cars get damaged in transport and I don't think minor repair do not have to be disclosed by federal law. Even in the factory damage does happen. Just have them give you a lifetime warranty on the repairs.
    Good luck, they really seemed to want to please.
    edited November 2010
    there were 2 white ones on the lot,,the one i test drove was smashed from the driver side door to the rear.I bought the other white one.They had the 2 silver,and a black that was being swapped from another dealer.Which white did you have the deal for?,and when was this?
    Any body purchase the extended warranty(nissan security plus)?,through the high pressure finance mgr.
    Apparently the one that was smashed. I have not seen the car (with or without damage). I was lead to believe it was a minor scrape but based on your wording "smashed" it is a little more serious.
    if its the same car we are talking about,it was not a minor scrape.Be careful,and good luck!
  • excite_meexcite_me Member Posts: 4
    thinking of getting a NAH this year to get the tax credit...anyone have any luck getting a good quote below 19K in the NJ area?
  • nid15nid15 Member Posts: 11
    Just put a deposit on a black NAH base for 18,136 using overstock in hackensack. We were at the route 22 nissan and just before signing the papers, another sales guys walks over and says someone has already put a deposit on it. Bummer since it was a nice C package.
  • carbuyer609carbuyer609 Member Posts: 2
    Bought a fully loaded NAH (conv., prem, tech) for $300 under invoice before $4000 Nissan rebates (and the $2350 federal rebate). Price also includes delivery to my home about 300 miles away (about $400 value). Purchased sight unseen. Waiting for delivery and very nervous about it!

Several dealers were willing to sell for $750 under invoice. (plus rebates).
  • excite_meexcite_me Member Posts: 4
    Hey...yeah i got price qoutes from zag (overstock) 0f 18136...and then got jerked around by dealers when i showed up to purchase. I found the car...ended up paying a bit more 18.500...plus tax and tags (think its still a good deal)...however, i was charged tax on the rebate ~350$ more...
  • minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    hi, just wondering if anyone bought one in 2011 - after the federal tax credits expired. I noticed that prices have not gone down even so. truecar still quotes $18,500 for the base NAH in central NJ area.
  • mdivyamdivya Member Posts: 1
    Anyone buy this recently? The $4K rebate ends 3/31/2011.

I am thinking of placing an order in the Boston area; any recommendations of a dealer, where you have had good experience? (or any places to avoid).
  • kiraadckiraadc Member Posts: 3
    I live in Washington DC and bought my new 2008 Altima Hybrid from Quirk Nissan in the Boston area and had a great buying experience there.

My story; I was going to buy it in NYC but walked out after feeling abused by a dealer who changed the deal on me in the last part of negotiations, obviously taking advantage of my coming from out of town. I guess he didn't think I would walk.

I immediately called the Quirk owner. I knew Quirk had a good reputation but I didn't want to go to Boston unless I had to. Not only did the dealership turn on a dime for me, they honored an excellent price quote (and I had shopped this) and everything else they said on the phone/websites. It was the most professional experience with a dealership I have ever had. Being a woman in my 50's, you can imagine how I may have been treated over the years. I am going on here because I only happened to see this email and I am very pleased to offer this advice as a giveback for the advice I received on this site when I was needing it. I still do love my car by the way.

Good luck and feel free to ask me further Qs if you need to.
  • 7seatershopper7seatershopper Member Posts: 20
    Based on 8.75% sales tax this would be the fees for the vehicle

Sale price $25940
    Doc 55
    sales tax 2278.76
    lic and reg 366
    cal tire fee 8.75
    rebate -4000

total $24,696.51
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, do you know if the purchase is elligible for fed tax credit in 2011?
  • 7seatershopper7seatershopper Member Posts: 20
    None that I am aware of. I looked here and the first article referenced in there: http://www.hybridcars.com/hybrid-tax-incentive

If you do find info to the contrary, do let me know. :D
  • apexspeedapexspeed Member Posts: 6
    I'm trying to get quotes from dealers on a 2011 Nissan Altima Hybrid with Convenience and Premium packages. I think it is rare for the dealerships to receive them with just those two packages and not also the Technology (nav) package, because I did inventory searches of 12 dealerships in the New York/CT, and I had a hard time finding a car optioned the way I'd like.

So far, I have no quotes on the exact car I'm looking for, but I do have a few data points. I've had one dealership offer $7600 total (including a $4000 rebate from Nissan) off of a no-options Hybrid ($27,560 MSRP) putting it just under $20k before TTL. Another offered $8200 off of MSRP (again including the rebate) on a Hybrid with all three packages ($34,990 MSRP). Makes sense - the more options, the more margin they have.

Can anyone give me a few more data points on recent Altima Hybrid prices? Is more than $8200 off possible? Thanks in advance!

Also, regarding the tax credit, it is very clear that no vehicles purchased by individuals after 12/31/2010 are eligible for a tax credit.:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax_hybrid.shtml

However, I think there may still be a tax credit available to business purchasers, leading to the confusion. I could be wrong about that, though, since this kind of information is very ambiguous:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=223736,00.html