Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XK-Series Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
Ask your Jag XK lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• mary37mary37 Member Posts: 4
    Hi:
    I want to lease a Jaguar XK Convertible. I would like to get an idea of what the current residual rate is and the money factor rate is from Jaguar? I have spoken with the two dealers in my area regarding this and one dealer tells me 53% and the other 60%, what should I believe? I know the car just came out, and leases may not be that good, but could you help provide me with an idea? The options on the vehicle I would like are about 10,300. The cost 76,665 (TMV)
    So I hope to pay about 87,000. I would like a 3 year 12000 mile lease. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mary37. Jaguar Credit's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 XK8 Convertible are .00223 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • asolare1asolare1 Member Posts: 31
    Hi.

What are the current money factors and residuals for 24, 30 and 36 month terms on a 2008 XK using 10,500 miles per year? Also, what date will Jaguar Credit change these rates? Thanks very much.
    Hi asolare1. Jaguar Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 XK8 Coupe with 10,500 miles per year are .00323 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00334 and 63%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00333 and 54%. This lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • asolare1asolare1 Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for those. What are the factors and residuals for the convertible if they are not the same as you posted for the coupe?
    You're very welcome, asolare1. Through the end of the year, Jaguar Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 XK8 Convertible with 10,500 miles per year are .00252 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00276 and 59%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00283 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • poulinatwoppoulinatwop Member Posts: 1
    can someone tell me what the 2nd quarter 2008 money factor and residual are for a 2008 xkr convertible for a 24 month 10k yer lease. Many thanks
  • steve5554340steve5554340 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in an XK convertible, probably 2009.

Does anybody have information on current lease rates, e.g., money factors & residuals for 2009? I have searched the 'Net high & low and cannot seem to find anything current on this topic. Thanks
    Hi steve5554340. Jaguar Credit's lease program for the XK8 Convertible varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Jaguar Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 XK8 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00164 and 46%, respectively.

Good luck in your quest for a new car and let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • steve5554340steve5554340 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, thanks very much. That is very helpful. I'm leaning towards a 36 mo. lease, but 12K miles/yr. Can you advise what the money rate & residual would look like for that?

Again, thanks much for your help. And I will keep everybody posted on how things turn out.
    You're very welcome, steve5554340. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year is the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher than with 15,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • how8200how8200 Member Posts: 5
    Does anybody know the money factor and residual for 2010 Jaguar XKR for 10K miles/ year
    I sure do how8200. Here you go. Chase's (Jaguar runs its supported lease program theough them instead of Jaguar Credit now) buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XKR with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an XKR Convertible are .00191 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • wildingmanwildingman Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual value for this vehicle? I need only 10,000mi/year. Thanks, Wildingman
    Greetings wildingman. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chase's (Jaguar runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 XKR Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00191 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • how8200how8200 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your help. Would the money factor and residual value for the 2010 XKR convertoble,be different in March 2010, which is when I am considering purchasing the automobile.
    You're very welcome, how8200. This car's lease program will definitely be different in March. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say exactly what it will be like then, but I will be happy to fill you in on the details of the new program when you're in the market.

Car_man
    Host
  • PavarottiPavarotti Member Posts: 13
    Leasing: you pay $799/mo and turn in the car at end of 36 months

Buying: you pay $799/mo and keep/resell/trade-in the car after 36 month, up to you.

The difference is clear.
  • jkrutchjkrutch Member Posts: 6
    Considering an XKR Coupe. Is there anything lower than 10K (7.5k?)? If so please quote the residual and MF for both mileages and for 24 and 36 months. Greatly appreciated! Thx!!!
    HI jkrutch. I haven't seen 7,500 mile per year residual values for Jaguars, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if it had them. If it does, its 7.5k resids are likely 1% higher than its 10k resids.

Jaguar's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 XKR Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00207 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00207 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • timincalitimincali Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car Man ... you're the guru of all things leases, you helped me out on my current A8 lease and I'm looking to get an 2010 XKR Coupe. Do you hve the MF and residual for a 36mo lease for 15K miles? Jag has a program that I found on Edmunds main page for Jag for $1399 / 36mo / 10000mi/yr / $6193 due at signing - this must include some sort of cap reduction. I'm not into putting in any cap reduction down on the car. Thanks in advance man!
    Thanks timincali. Here's the info that you're looking for. Jaguar's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jaguar XKR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsd39jsd39 Member Posts: 5
    Okay, since I'm not much of a mathematician (or maybe it's because I'm intellectually lazy), here's my question: if I want to lease a 2010 XK Coupe, with a sticker price of $83,000, 12,000 miles per year, 36 months, what's a reasonable monthly lease rate (and cash up front). Thank you very much!
  • soldessoldes Member Posts: 1
    Car Man, you are the security blanket of us, the dealerships prey.
    What do you think of this lease:
    2010 XK coupe
    MSRP: $ 83,300
    Negociated price: $ 77,500
    Residual value: 51%
    Previous lease end rebate (for a lease ending in march): - $1,000
    Money Factor: 0.00146
    36 month lease
    $ 1,734.47 Down
    10,000 miles per year
    Monthly payment tax included: $ 1,241

Did I make you proud?, or is it just ok...

Also, looking at some aftermarked wheels; is it better to do them through the dealership for guarantee/correct setting purposes, or any reputable wheel/performance outfit can also do a good joob while saving you $$?

Thanks in advance!
  • don_giodon_gio Member Posts: 4
    hello, thank you for all the great data on 3 years leases! i'd like to consider all options, can you let us know what the jag/chase leases look like currently for 48 and 60 months? (residuals and money factors) maybe the latest on 36 months as well...

thanks in advance!
    Hi jsd39. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. The lower the selling price, the lower your lease payment.

For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $5,000 dealer discount. Let me know if you want me to use a different number.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Jaguar XK8 Coupe that has an MSRP of $83,000 and a selling price of $78,000 through Chase right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,167.

Car_man
    Host
    This looks like a very good deal to me, soldes. The selling price is reasonable and the money factor is right in line with what Chase is currently charging. Good job.

I don't think that you have to get your wheels at the dealership. I know a number of people who have had good luck with places like TireRack.com.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, don_gio. Jaguar's lease program varies by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 2010 XK8 Coupe. Let me know if you want something different.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 KX8 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for a 48 month lease are .00176 and 35%.

I have not seen any info on 60-month leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    sorry man, i could have been more clear!! looking at a 2010 XKR coupe. 12k or 15k miles! thanks!!
  • jsd39jsd39 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much for this info! One clarification: when you say zero down, is that literally zero out of pocket up front? (No "cap reduction cost", etc.?)

Also, are the residual value and money factor the same whether I contract for a 12k or 15k mileage allowance?

Finally, do you anticipate that these numbers will change in March?

Thanks again!
  • ttjpathfinderttjpathfinder Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    What is an acceptable:

Capitalized cost
    Lease (money) factor :
    Reisdual Value:
    10K a year miles

For a new 2010 XKR convertible
    I will pay cash for taxes , tire warranty through f& I

WHat is consdiered to be a good deal on capitalized cost?
    Thanks
    TTJ
    No problem don_gio.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Chase's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 JKR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 50%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, jsd39. Good question. By zero down I meant no capitalized cost reduction. You still would have to pay your car's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, and any other state taxes or fees at signing.

Chase's residual values for leases with 15,000 miles per year are 2% lower than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • papawinterzzzpapawinterzzz Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

I am looking to lease a 2010 xk convertible. 12k miles/year x 30 mos or 36 months. What should I expect to pay on a lease? I'm looking to do this, mid April.
    Thank you in advance.
    Hi papawinterzzz. Jaguar's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 XK8 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 48%, respectively.

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample payment for you if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you are interested in. You can look up the pricing data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • drpopdrpop Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I just drove the 2011 XKR convertible and coupe and am trying to decide if I want to get out of my 2008 M5 for a completely different make and model. Love the new supercharged engine!

Could you please help me figure out what reasonable LRF and payment would be on the following?
    $102,000 sticker price (conv)
    $96,000 sticker price (coupe)
    36 month lease

I will put down what is necessary but understand as little out of pocket is best with a lease.

The salesman was showing me somewhere around .0031 (if I remember correctly) on the convertible and somewhere around .0033 on the coupe. Those seemed high to me but we are in the beginning phases of the negotiation and I realize the rates vary between models. He also mentioned using tax credits for the entire selling price to get the payment down a few hundred dollars.

Any advice and numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Dr. Pop
    Hi Dr. Pop. The prices that you mentioned for these cars appear to be for base models without any options. I would be happy to work up a couple of sample lease payments on them using Jaguar's actual current lease program for you, but they would be more accurate if you were to provide me with the full MSRPs and approximate selling prices of these cars exactly as you want them equipped first. You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

If I was in the market for an XK right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $1,000 over dealer invoice and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • drpopdrpop Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for the reply. Those were actually the sticker prices on each car as I drove them. They come pretty well loaded. I may add the speed package which adds $5000 to either car taking them to $101k and $107k respectively. The guy dropped to $98k on the $102k sticker convertible, and $93k on the $96k coupe. I think there is more room for him but I needed a starting point.

Any numbers you can provide would be awesome!

Thanks again
  • boylaboyla Member Posts: 16
    Hello, Car_man

I am looking into leasing 2011 xk conv
    I got quoted for $999 + tax / month for 36 months with $5k total drive off I am in california

MSRP: $89875

I am not sure if this is a good deal or not since he did not mention about selling price and money factor. Is this a good deal? What would be selling price that I should aim at? and do you have money factor for 2011 xk conv for 36 or 42 months? Thank you
  • boylaboyla Member Posts: 16
    It is 10k miles / year btw Thank you
    Hi there, quiet forum lately... almost a year between posts! quick question on LRF and residuals...

What do they look like for the XKR @ 36 mos w/ 12k mileage? Is 36 the sweet spot for jag normally? or 30? 42? Appreciate any thoughts or feedback car_man, thanks!!
    Hi boyla. It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with a selling price for this car. Consumers should always find out how much the dealer is charging them for the vehicle that they want.

Let's see if we can play with some numbers for come up with an approximate selling price for this car. It's a little difficult though because I don't know how much of the five grand that's due at signing is a capitalized cost reduction. It looks to me as though we're talking about a $12,000 discount on this car if the money that's due at signing includes a $3,000 cap cost reduction. That's a big discount. If we subtract the $4,200 cash incentive that Jaguar is providing on leases of this car from that, you're looking at a $7,800 dealer discount. That probably puts you at right around dealer invoice. If so, then this is a very good deal for this car.

Again I had to make a number of assumptions here because you didn't have the selling price. If you let us know what the selling price is, we can be more precise.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi don_gio. According to the latest information that I have seen, Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XKR Convertible with 12000 miles per year are .00144 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00001 and 45%.

The payments would probably be lower for longer terms.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,400 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • samytsamyt Member Posts: 4
    Any clue on what the latest Chase (Jaguar) Money factor and residual values are on a 2013 Jaguar XKR Coupe.

The dealer is offering me some crazy figures (0.0030 and 45%) while I am in the top tier credit category (he didn't even ask me).

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi samyt. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XKR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00017 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

That sort of outrageous money factor would only apply for an unsupported vehicle like the XKR-S.

Car_man
    Host
  • samytsamyt Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man.....thanks a lot for the info.
    I am actually planning for a 42 month lease...do you happen to know the rate?
    This for a 2013 XKR (not XKR-S)...

The sales guy send me the following info:
    The purchase price is $103,500
    Term is 42 months
    Residual value is $52,150
    Money factor is .00030

He didn't even asked if I had a good credit!

Thanks a lot
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone have the June 2013 money factor and residual for a 2013 XK convertible. Also, is there still $3,000 cash coming to the dealer?
    Hi jfertl. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 XK Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00014 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's some cash out there to get consumers out of their current leases and into an XK that would be around three grand, but no straight three thousand dollar cash incentive on leases of this car. Jag is waiving the first month's payment though.

Car_man
    Host
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Thank you, Car man. Does the residual go up 1 or 2% if you drop the mileage to 12,000.?
    Excellent question jfertl. Unlike most banks which bump vehicles' residual values 2% for leases with 12,000 miles per year, Chase (which Jag runs all of its special leases through) only offers a 1% increase for lowering the mileage allowance from 15k to 12k.

Car_man
    Host