Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Bluetooth Questions

wvieringwviering Member Posts: 1
I have an 07 Altima 3.5 SE with navigation and bluetooth. I bought the Samsung SPH M610 phone which was suggested to me that would be compatible with the bluetooth in the car. It paired with the system with the car no problem and I have no problem hearing people on the other end however, people on the other end have a hard time hearing me. They say it sounds like Im in a tunnel. I have taken the car to the dealer and was told nothing is wrong with it. How could that be? I talk to a friend of mine in a 07 G35 with bluetooth and I can hear him fine and in fact cant even tell he is not directly speaking handsfree. The same with other people I know in a Lexus and BMW. Any suggestions?

Comments

• sparky45sparky45 Member Posts: 4
    For 1 year, I have been trying to have my friendly Nissan Dealer, and the Mid-Atlantic rep. try to "repair" my Nav/blue tooth systems. The nav system gives me crazy commands and takes me to wrong places and doesn't recognize my voice; the bluetooth dosen't recognize my voice. When I say "phone book Mike Peters" I get "going north"; when I say "Mom", I get "Aunt Jean"; when I say "phone book home", I get no phone connected. The car was in three times and then under Virginia's Lemon Law, I so declared it. Nissan had another opportunity to "repair" the car. The process is arranged through the Better Business Bureau and costs you nothing. Document, document and document; keep all your e-mails. Keep all your visits to the dealer; make a record of all your missed locations; I can't stress enough the importance of a good well document chronology. I had my hearing before an adjuticator, who is not connected to the BBB or Nissan; an hour meeting lasted 3.5 hours, which consisted of my opening statement; my introduction of a verbal tape of me trying to place calls; a video tape of the same; a lot of postings from "blogs" from people just like you; including the gentlemen who wrote a whole page about turning on and off, switching from cell to blue tooth and back and forth. I read the whole blog into my testimony. Nissan's response to that was that he was just "venting". My response was "No, it's his frustration of not getting the service department to deal with the problem." The decision comes out sometime next week; I will update my post. So, don't stew in your juices with service departments that don';t respond to your complaints; don't get angry; get back. You paid a princely sum of money for this option and it doesn't work. Go to the web and find out the "lemon laws" in your State; this is also information in your Nissan manuals. If enough of us would just start acting rather than bitching, we could turn this industry around. It costs nothing! except the cost of a stamp and parking .
    I could not believe my eyes when I read the last sentence of the Arbitrator's findings. He found in my favor, which means that the Nissan Dealer has to buy back my car, less 0.2525 per mile
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I could not believe my eyes when I read the last sentence of the Arbitrator's findings. He found in my favor, which means that the Nissan Dealer has to buy back my car, less 0.2525 per mile

Well, congratulation on your victory or I call it partial victory because making you pay 0.2525 per mile is insane unless you put very few miles on your car. For most people, a 2007 car which is almost 2 years old will have around 16 to 20K miles in average.

16K miles x 0.2525 = $4040 which is a little better than a regular depreciation. My .02.
    The mileage calculation is taken from when I first reported the problem; the deduction was $800.
    After a year's frustration, I used Virginia's lemon law because I was having problems with my blue tooth/navi system. I had the Nissan NJ rep come to VA three times and try to "fix" it, but it was always "operator" problems. But what I did all along was document everything anyone ever said; kept every e mail and used the blogs, includingforums.altimas.org/zerothread/286566 tobuild my case. I read the blog into the record as fact that the problem transited from 2007 to 2008 and that Nissan did nothing to correct the problem, even though they knew about it. The process costs you nothing! Read the back of your manual and find the state where you live. Follow the procedure exactly and choose the BBB route. Make sure you keep documents. You will appear before an adjudicator, along with a Nissan rep. The process takes about 1 hour and in 7 to 10 days you get a written decision. In my case Nissan had to refund the entire costs of my car (less mileage from when I first reported the problem $800). The process cost me $14. to park my car downtown while I was presenting my case. Remember document, document, document. Even, if it's the most mundane comment about your car, get the persons name, date, time, and what was said (you can do this on the qt). Keep a journal in your car, but make sure you take it with you if you leave it at the dealer. Remember they get 3 cracks at trying to repair your car before you can exercise your rights under the Lemon Law. When I met the rep to exchange my car for the check, I was surprised that this is all he does. Picks up lemons, so it more widespread than we think. Good luck. You can e mail me (anyone may) at no5chanel@msn.com. Remember you paid at least $30,000 of your hard earned money for your car and you deserve all the bells and whistles to work.
  • habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    Congrats on your case. I've been very very happy with every nissan product (or infiniti) that I've ever had. However, it's good to know that if you do have a problem, there is a good process in place to allow the consumer to stand up to the large corporation with tons of money...
  • rajatarorarajatarora Member Posts: 24
    I am looking to get a bluetooth module installed in an Altima 2.5 S. I have come across BlueConnect & some from Parrot. any recommendations ?

-Rajat :confuse:
  • bigdaddyo48bigdaddyo48 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a brand-new '09 Altima with supposedly factory-installed Bluetooth. First mistake was not testing the BT system before taking delivery of the vehicle. I tried for hours trying to get the system to respond to commands but kept getting message "uanable to hear command" or something similar to that. I finally gave up and returned car to dealer service dept. I was informed that the problem was caused by someone on asembly line failing to install microphone for the BT system. I was also told that the only way to fix the problem would require replacing car's headliner. I am really concerned about the dealer replacing the headliner because I don't beleive it will be installed like it would be if were installed from the factory. I expressed these concerns to both the dealer and Nissan and requested they give me another Altima with the Bluetooth installed from the factory with all its components. Not surprisingly, they both claimed the other was responsible for assurinng options on the car are installed and working before delivering to customer..
    **Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get Nissan to give me another vehicle or should I just wait on the dealer to replace the headliner with the Bluetooth mic and just see how it works.?Any feedback will be appreciated.
  • vananjvananj Member Posts: 7
    Last month I bought a 2009 Altima fully loaded with connection pkg and Nav system. The dealer set up my Samsung Epix to Nissan system and tested the phone. We only tested as far as dialing out and receiving calls.

A few days later, when I tried to use the telephone, I can make and receive calls but I cannot hear anything and the caller cannot hear me. I can dial, answer and even switch between phone and car.

I checked the Nissan Website and the phone is not listed under compatible products. I did successfully pair a Blackberry to the nissan. I sent an email to Nissan and Samsung.

Has anyone been able to pair a Samsung Epix or similar device to the Nissan?
    I am very experienced in these type of set ups so it is not a user issue.

I welcome any response and advise. I know changing out the phone is an option, but the phone is new (4) months and I really love that too.
  • 1dave1dave Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Altima 3.5 SE with navigation and bluetooth. I use an LG VX8350 phone from Verizon which supposedly is compatible with the bluetooth in the car. It paired with the system with the car no problem and I have no problem hearing people on the other end however, people on the other end have a very difficult time hearing me. They say it sounds like I am in a tunnel or speaking through a pillow. I have taken the car to the dealer and was told nothing is wrong with it. They are completely wrong but they will NOT do anything for me. Any suggestions?
  • wildthingwildthing Member Posts: 25
    I picked up my '09 Altima 2 weeks ago. I tried to setup my car's Bluetooth (BT) pairing it with my Samsung D900 phone. It seemed to pair ok but to this point I haven't been able to get the phone to work with the car's BT system. I also checked the NissanUSA web site where they list all the compatible and non- compatible phones with their BT system...my phone is not listed under either category.

On the other hand, my daughter's Blackberry and my wife's Motorola RAZR phone both pair successfully with the Altima's BT system and both of their phones function perfectly with the car's BT function. Voices are clear through both ends of their conversations.

The conclusion I've come to is that unless a cell phone is on the Nissan compatible list, and therefore had been tested by Nissan, you don't stand a good chance of your phone working with the Nissan BT system. It's interesting that you're also having a problem with a Samsung phone...I'm not familiar with your phone but I'm suspecting that the BT version on my phone (BT 1.1 I believe) is dated and will not function with any BT device (like our Altimas) requiring a newer BT standard (BT 2.0 ??)...

I'm planning on getting a new cell phone within the next couple of months anyways and I will ensure whatever make I get will be in the Nissan tested and compatible list.
  • vananjvananj Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for your response. I have come to the same conclusion. My Samsung mobile device is Bluetooth 2.0 plus Enhanced Data Rate (EDR). The SW is 2.0.3 and HW 2.0.1. This phone is more advanced than the standard BT 2.0. I checked the BT levels of the the phones that work and they are all 2.0 and HW/SW 2.0.

I guess the buying a phone from the capatible list is the best approach, however, as mobile technology progresses, we may have to compromise the latest technology for the convenience of BT in my Altima. Good luck, please let me know what device you choose.
  • altimafanaltimafan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Altima 2.5 with Bluetooth that has been working fine until yesterday. All of a sudden, whenever my bluetooth connects, the displays reads "In Call: 01..." and the timer counts (as if it were making a call). I have unpaired and re-paired my blackberry with the bluetooth and the problem continues (rendering the bluetooth useless). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • blue_girlblue_girl Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2012 Nissan Altima SL in March. The bluetooth was easy to install and worked really well until about 2 1/2 weeks ago. At that point it dumped my phone book from the system. I called the local dealership and was told to take the battery from the back of my phone for about 20 minutes and then put it back in. I was told that would fix it. Ultimately, I wound up deleting the phone and then reloading it under a new name before it would work. Now, about two weeks later - the same thing occurred. I called the dealership again. I was told that it was because my phone kept "updating" and that my bluetooth was the constant thus, I would have to keep repeating the process. However, mine is a basic phone. VERY BASIC. I called my phone carrier, and they assured me my phone was not updating. I called the dealership back and am currently waiting to hear back. In the meantime, is anyone else out there experiencing this? Have you found a cure?
  • mdb1313mdb1313 Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem come up in the last couple of days. Were you able to get a resolution to the problem?