Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Set Mitsubishi Outlander Doors to Lock Automatically

rflynn1rflynn1 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
Does anyone know how to set the doors so they lock automatically when the vehicle is started or placed in drive?

Comments

• rflynn1rflynn1 Member Posts: 8
    Nevermind... I just read in another post that this is not possible on the Outlander. That's a shame, since it's much safer to have the doors locked. It can help protect occupants in a crash and it also protects them from intruders. I'm always forgetting to lock the doors since my previous vehicle locked them automatically.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    That is a shame....even the Honda Civic has that feature now. I also find this feature very useful. Certainly makes you feel a wee bit better when your wife, girlfriend, or daughter (or all 3!) goes out at night.
  • tcp2tcp2 Member Posts: 66
    If you have the nav system, it is an option way down in the menus. If you don't have the nav, the dealer needs to access that option using the Mitsu specific scan tool.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    I saw that in the owner's manual, also. The dealer can program them to lock.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
    Hum, the manual is not easy to read, but the only thing I found so far is the option to have all doors unlock with the FAST key or only the driver's door. I do have the NAV and I thought I looked at every option and didn't see this one. I'll look again. I would appreciate it if you could respond with the exact path on how to get to the option just incase I still can't find it. Thanks.
    I also know there is the option to have the doors unlock when the vehicle is placed in park. That's the opposite of what I want, so maybe they do have the option somewhere.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Now that you mention it maybe that's what it said. You can have the doors unlock when it's put in park. It would be nice if you could choose to have the doors lock when you shift to drive.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • smily157smily157 Member Posts: 14
    You can set the doors to automatically lock when the car is placed in drive and you can set them to automatically unlock when the car is placed in park, I have both of these things set on my 07 XLS. Using the Navi Screen, you press the SET Button, and then EQUIPMENT (I think that is what you do, no guarantees as to names, I can't remember right now) and somewhere in the list there is the option for the doors. Look this stuff up in the manual, that is how I found out how to do this, it is really easy with the Navi System.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    In the US Outlander, no option to lock the doors when you shift to D. The only option is to open the door locks when on you shift to P.
    I am in the US, and my car is the US version, and yes you can, I have it set, it is possible if you have the navi system, if you don't, then you have to go to the dealer I think, I have the navi so I wouldn't know. It is in the menu with everything else, look it up in the manual!
    I have the US Outlander too, and I have been to the dealer, and the Technician told me that it's not an available option in the Outlander. I have the Navi and it's not in the Manual. If you can show us how you did it via the Navi (with pictures perhaps?) then perhaps we can confirm if it's really possible.
    Ok, this is a little strange. You are right that it is not an option on the Navi screen, the only option I see is unlock when in park, which I did set after I got my car. But, I do not see lock when put in drive, which is really odd, because when I got my outie, it already did this, I did not set it, it came like that. I don't know how to set it or un-set it, but it must be possible because mine does do it. There is a way, but no one seems to have any idea how...
    Okay, I don't mean to imply you're lying. I am actually interested in getting it to work that way in my Outlander too. I guess if we find out, a lot of people here will be happy about that. Does your door auto lock after a certain time after being shifted to D or does it go by the speed (say like 5mph?)
  • diybobdiybob Member Posts: 5
    I talked with someone at MMNA about auto door locks. He stated that some cars have it and some don't. I guess I have an Outie which does not!!! I haven't had my new car in for service yet, but I will definitely ask them when it is in the shop.
  • ruski_is_meruski_is_me Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone found an answer?

I just got a 2008 Outlander with navigation and there is no option to auto lock doors in the menus. Car manual doesn't mention it either.
This discussion has been closed.