Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is There Room in the Luxury Market for Hyundai?

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    There has long been speculation that Lexus sold the original LS below cost in the early days to get the brand going - the steep price inflation of that model in its first several years backs up the theory. Maybe H is doing something similar.
  • captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    That is true in the US, if you don't consider manufacturers such as Toyota and Nissan who have a separate luxury brand
    and what differerence does it make that MBs may be regarded as taxicabs elsewhere in the world, or that a Hyundai product might be real luxury in Outer Mongolia??? As fintail has noted, even the German brands have a less exalted position overseas than they do here. Does that really effect how they are regarded here? Nope
    The reason why the J3 can be luxury mfgrs is because they established the brandnames and the mechanism (dealerships) to do it. From a perception point of view a Lexus is not a Toyota, a Acura is not a Honda, an Inifiniti not a Nissan etc etc. - if you think for one minute that all those folks that saw fit to layout 40 large on something like a ES, for example, think that they bought a Toyota - then it is quite apparent that you understand neither the carbuyer or the 'luxury' market. But don't feel left out - Hyundai doesn't seem to understand this either.
    And I am shocked the new and amazing Genesis is being discounted...has the hype calmed down? Luxury vehicles aren't selling? BMW and MB are having very good sales right now.
    not so sure that the 'hype' hasn't moved to the Sonata. Perhaps as it should, it is Hyundai's bread and butter, the ultimate mass market refrig, and has been improved to some extent.
    But it too will invariably fall prey to the traditional Korean discounting philosophy - only a matter of time - just like the Gen - a car that logically shouldn't - as you note.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    If I could get either at a VERY GOOD discount, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Means extra cash in my pocket and I'd be driving one of the hottest cars out now.
    If I could get either at a VERY GOOD discount, it wouldn't bother me a bit
    perhaps it should - one of the main reasons that Hyundais tend to have poor resale values is the fact that they get discounted heavily initially and conversely the reason why Hondas, for example, usually have good resale values is because they are not discounted as much.
    If the Gen sedan is being sold at a ''good discount', it effectively screws anybody that had bought one early (at trade in time) and also will usually mean poor resale for what you bought - despite what you think is your good price.
    You are right about one though - Hyundai historically has been very good at selling their products at prices where at least their customers think they are getting good prices. ;)
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    for the consumer it stinks when you drive off the lot and your car is worth alot less but for those who keep cars a long time its not that big of hit- infact getting a better deal out the door (and the ability to invest what was saved) is something to consider in this arguement.

For the car company its about volume -and market share.. these cars are selling like hotcakes (sonada) -- i think honda and toyo are taking notice to whats happening in korea.
    for those who keep cars a long time
    of course, but not that many do - particularily those who can afford to buy something new - certainly about the worst time to buy any car. And then, of course, we have the popularity of leasing...
    Depreciation is the major part of 'cost-to-own' studies and there is a reason why that the least expensive cars to own are often not the ones that are cheaper to buy initially. If this was true, things like Hyundais would logically run away with comparisons like this. If Hyundai can continue to improve its name and reputation, and be a bit less free with those big 'discounts' , this will change.

PS 'Investing what was saved' is a totally un-American concept - we do seem to what to spend it even before we have it, don't we? Maybe even on backy's floormats ;)
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    and what differerence does it make that MBs may be regarded as taxicabs elsewhere in the world, or that a Hyundai product might be real luxury in Outer Mongolia???

Well, Mr. Fintail at least seems to think it's VERY important that luxury automakers have a firm foot in the taxicab market. I think it is relevant that other luxury automakers, such as MB, sell a lineup of vehicles including inexpensive ones under one brand in much of the world. Unless this is a US-only discussion--which I don't think it is. As for Outer Mongolia--not many luxury cars being sold there I'll wager, but many, many luxury cars being sold outside the US in markets like China, Europe, Japan, and the ROK. Are those sales any less important to luxury automakers than those from the US? Do the profits from those other parts of the world spend differently? :surprise:

Since buyers in many countries, including the US, routinely shell out more than $40k for Toyotas and Nissans, and automakers like Toyota sell their luxury vehicles under their "mass market" brand names outside the US, I would say I do in fact understand the carbuying and luxury market pretty well, as does Hyundai--at least in terms of today's realities. Maybe not as of the realities of 20 years ago. But that is moot now, isn't it?
    You are living in the past again. Hyundais HAD poor resale values. But this is 2010, and that has changed. Check out resale values of the latest generation Hyundais and you'll see they are very competitive, even close to class-leading in some cases (e.g. Genesis and Sonata). And the huge discounts relative to others is also a thing of the past. (Priced a 2011 Sonata recently?)

If you want a "good discount" on a car, everyone knows you do NOT buy one right when the model or latest design is introduced. Then it's a "gotta be first one on my block" syndrome. Those who waited a couple of years can now get a good discount on the two-year-old Genesis--especially given current economic realities. But then, big discounts are easy to get on almost anything in the luxury marketplace. Or we can do as Mr. Fintail likes to do, wait about 3 years and pick up a slightly used luxury car for a small fraction of its original list.
    Hard to fathom why someone cares what I think about a distant dealership group.

Yes, it is. Harder still to fathom why someone would ask someone else to name one dealer selling a certain vehicle below a certain price, with no direction that the dealer be close to the person's (unstated) location, and given that the requester has no intent to buy said car now or in the forseeable future.

You own a used MB. I've owned a used BMW. I own two Hyundais. You've owned none. So what? Anyone interested in this topic is welcome to post here, right, Hosts?

Are you telling us new MBs and BMWs are not discounted in any way?

I could buy a new Genesis 3.8 for the price of a used C Class or 3 Series. And my backseat passengers would welcome the extra room.
    And it's even harder to fathom why someone would complain about such requests, but still fulfill them when said requests can be easily ignored ;)

I've also driven MB since I was 18 year old and will likely own more. Anyone interested can post indeed, I am not the one who started questioning, am I? And we all own used cars, unless we are dealers, we don't own new cars.

I don't see the latest and greatest supposed game-changers from Germany being directly offered for 10%+ lower than the MSRP stated on banner ads that appear directly on dealer websites, no.

I could buy a 3 year old and still under warranty E63 AMG for the price of a loaded Genesis. My sensory receptors would welcome the extra performance.
    Are those sales any less important to luxury automakers than those from the US?

yes, they are - the Buick LaCrosse (with a wheezy 4 banger in it of all things) is perhaps THE luxury car in China - make any diiference here? or maybe you're ready to proclaim it a 'luxury car' because the Chinese think so. How Toyota/Nissan/Hyundai or any other mass market mfgr is perceived outside these borders also is of no consequence - if Toyota wants to sell a luxury car here it will be labelled a Lexus, Nissan an Infiniti etc. - all except Hyundai, of course, which doesn't have one.
    And NO NO NO it is only a 'moot point' in your own H biased mind - today's realities as you call them remain that luxury cars are sold only with luxury brands.
    And the huge discounts relative to others is also a thing of the past. (Priced a 2011 Sonata recently?)
    and you want to base this claim on a history of a whole year? The Sonata (while I question the abandonment of the V6) is definitely improved, is selling better, and is also on its new model honeymoon. Talk to me about Sonata prices holding in another 6 or 8 months., we'll see. They are already buying down the finance rates, no telling when those big arss rebates will show up as well.

An interesting concept though - a Hyundai that actually sells for some number more closely related to MSRP. Honda and Toyota have only beeen doing that for the last 25 years or so. The Hyundai dealer (and salesperson) would be lost - along the lines of 'how to sell a product that isn't necessarily the cheapest around'. The earth would shake, start rotating clockwise on its axis and then that salesmen would finally figure out that it really is possible to sell something on it merits as opposed to its price.

But, throw off your 'H' colored glass for a bit, and honestly tell me that you think that average Joe autobuyer doesn't EXPECT discounts at that wonderful Hyundai dealership (just like he does at a D3 dealership) , and IF faced with a situation like an unwilling to negotiate dealer (think Honda or Toyota here) that he won't move on down the street and buy an Accord instead. Reputations and/or perceptions however justified - are nonetheless quite real
    What the Hyundai dealers are doing (some at least) is resurrecting a practice first popularized by the J3--adding "ADM" stickers to cars. Whoa.. I feel the ground shaking a bit! :)

The uplift in Hyundai prices in the past few years is real. If you had been out in the marketplace looking at Hyundais vs competitors during that time, you would know that. Buyers (myself included) would love to get the Hyundais of today for yesterday's prices. Eventually reality intrudes on Shangri-La. If they don't like today's prices, they are free to go down the street and buy a Camcord or whatever (or a used S Class). However, record numbers of buyers are still choosing Hyundais, even with the uplift in prices. That's not rose colored glasses. That's reality, and the facts/numbers back it up.
    Yeah, just huge ads proclaiming the low lease rates and rebates on MBs. If MB dealers want to play the "hide the sales price and only show the lease price" game (also played well by Honda), that's up to them. I prefer a more open approach.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    "PS 'Investing what was saved' is a totally un-American concept"

-- http://www.kvue.com/community/blogs/smart-money/People-saving-more-for-retiremen- t-100851749.html

PS. prob should do some research before you make statements cost to own studies are great but in these tough times, for those people who do not want to lease a car because they want to keep a car, buying the cheaper (dollar amt) car is prob a better way to go. (certainly if your looking to invest.. see above)If you looking to flip cars every 2-4 years then maybe you have a point. To say Hyundais would run away with comparisions -- have you looked at consumer reports lately ?? they are full of hyundais - name and reputation are well my friend.. Big "discounts" - try getting a sonada they cant produce enuf for demand.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Hyundai-to-ramp-up-production-of-the-hot-selling-2- 011-Sonata-53945/

love the use of PS - its a nice touch
    edited August 2010
    Wouldn't an open approach be the corporation showing the bottom line?

I checked the MBUSA special offer site...loads of lease deals - as per usual many of them not looking too exceptional, no use of the word rebate.
    Check dealer sites... that is what you were talking about anyway.

From dealer advertising to corporate accounting practices... large leaps we make here. Are you saying Hyundai's finances are not available for review?
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905
    However, record numbers of buyers are still choosing Hyundais, even with the uplift in prices

Yes they are, however, as with any model that is new they will sell closer to MSRP. There is still quite a "buzz" going on with the Sonata. Let's see in 6-9 months what the selling prices are. As soon as volume falls off there will be incentives flowing to keep the volume up. Its not just Hyundai doing this, its all makes.

I remember way back when the 05 Avalon was introduced the pricing was holding close to MSRP. There are many Edmunds members (including Captain2 IIRC) who had to pay close to MSRP to get one. When I bought my 06 I had no problem buying right at invoice price.

Same thing with the Genesis. When I first test drove one there was a 3K ADM on the sticker. I remember to this day pointing to it and saying to the salesman, "in six months these will be selling at invoice" He was not amused, however, who was right? ;)

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

in the SFTSF forum Jimbres wrote this and it is soooo true...

Still, that's always been true to some extent of all luxury brands, & that's the point I was trying to make to "luvmybuicks": a luxury brand, whether it's BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, Rolex or the Hyundai Genesis, can't be considered a true sales success unless it attracts some badge-chasers. After all, the definition of a luxury is something that's not essential - something that at least some of us buy because we want to show off.

One of the reasons that GM fell into the soup is that Cadillac lost the prestige-seeking customer.

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Heck, I've owned Cadillac automobiles since I was 20. If I could get a 3 year-old S63 AMG still under warranty for the price of a loaded Genesis, count me in!
    Sadly, those don't depreciate so quickly, or I'd have one too :shades:
    Where did I say anything about accounting? When I say the "bottom line", I mean the real price, when a corporate sponsored banner ad is so far off it looks funny. I couldn't care less about H financials. Although with past corruption issues, who knows what could be hanging around :P

But it seems that might be a sore spot, criticism of the sacred swoopy H. Any H employees around?
    What the Hyundai dealers are doing (some at least) is resurrecting a practice first popularized by the J3--adding "ADM" stickers to cars. Whoa.. I feel the ground shaking a bit!
    most recently ADM was added to things like Honda Fits, and the BMW of yours aka - the Mini. The Fit is what my wife wanted a while back, had $1500.00 of ADM at the time - and when I bitched a bit to the Honda salesperson about it - he told me he would 'see' if he could get it reduced to a mere grand! Told him not to bother and promptly went next door and bought her a Matrix. Typical Honda sales attitude - but you almost expect it from them - can't imagine what I'd say if some typical Hyundai green sales weenie - told me something similar on a Sonata. It wouldn't be pretty, I'd probably get arrested, and I'm sure as hell not going to buy it!

While I can understand the consumer anticipating things like ADMs on things like this on those particular brands - and have heard nothing about Hyundai dealers actually doing this - the whole thought of a special add-on window sticker on any Hyundai product is a contradiction in terms, regardless of how good it may be - discounting IS the brand's rep.
    many Edmunds members (including Captain2 IIRC) who had to pay close to MSRP to get one.
    your memory is doing just fine - bought my Av (#4500 of those built in 2005, about 3 months after they appeared in the showroom -- couldn't find many at the dealers (I live in a very large city), there was a 3 month+ wait on ordering anything and yes while there wasn't any ADM in my case, MSRP is what they were getting. Turned out to be worth every penny -a great car - as I'm confident you'll agree.

This is a curse, I contend, that most auto enthusiasts live with - everything you might want, so does everybody else - and you end up paying 'too much' for it :sick:
    edited August 2010
    Why does every post of yours have to have the edge to it--e.g., no one can disagree with you without your making it seem like a personal attack and a worship of the "swoopy H". Can we get past that kind of stuff, please? Also, it isn't required to be a Hyundai employee to have an understanding and appreciation for what they have done, and are trying to do.

Anyway... you SAW the real prices, on the Fitzmall site I pointed you to. Hard to be more transparent than that. So why the complaint? Can you point me to a MB dealer site that clearly lists the actual sale prices (not just company-sponsored lease rates) for new vehicles? My local dealers don't do that.
    Re ADMs, I've found looking at the salesperson, shaking my head in a "I can't believe it" way, saying "Good bye" and walking out work pretty well.

Hyundai's rep isn't discounting, but value. Hyundais still provide value, IMO. The prices are higher than they used to be, but the vehicles are better also. Given the choice between an OK design and a super-low price, or a class-leading (or at least solidly competitive) design and a low price, I'll take the latter. Or for those who want even lower prices, there's the used market, e.g. buy a 2-year-old Hyundai and still have 3 years of full warranty to enjoy.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Let's see in 6-9 months what the selling price will be. Is it me or has it already been 8 months, the Sonata has been selling since January, right?
    The personal tone of my post is offensive? Please say you are kidding...you know, pots and kettles and all of that :shades: Like I have said...please ignore me if I am so intolerable. Endless defense of everything H has done in the context of this thread does make it seem like employees are around yeah.

Having dealers list prices in opposition to official banner ads that pop up on the same page just looks funny. My local MB dealer just puts MSRP in their ad, just like Hyundai puts on the banner ads they pay for. I'm not going to bother looking for other dealers, not that I think it is relative what they do vs what Hyundai does - as Hyunda is not going to be MB even if it tries to ape CLS styling.
    The topic of discussion here is a question. It happens to be posed in a yes/no fashion. Naturally, there's people who will lean to the "yes" answer, and there's people who will lean to the "no" answer. Each "side" to the discussion is worthy of merit, and those who lean either way are deserving of respect. Just because someone doesn't happen to agree with a particular point of view doesn't mean they are your enemy, or an idiot (who simply can't "understand" your point of view), or an employee of a particular company.

I think if we all keep that in mind, it will be a much more pleasant discussion here.

And that's all I have to say about that.
  • toyetoye Member Posts: 351
    As much as you defend and love MB does that mean you are an employee of MB?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Let's stick to the topic please.

And the topic is Hyundai, not each other.

Thanks.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    If Toyota can change the name to Lexus and gussy up a Camry, charge an extra 10 grand, and call it a Luxury car, Hyundai can do it to, but I don't see any reason they need to change the name. Unlike Toyota, Hyundai actually made a car from the ground up to be a Luxury car, not a car already in production with some fancy parts thrown on it. The more important thing will be what these cars will be worth a few years down the road, and how well they hold up. After they get some miles under their wheels, then that will be the deciding factor of how well the car is. Lincoln is still considered a Luxury brand, yet, they are gussied up Fords. Now that they are dropping their mid level Mercury brand, Ford will be just like Toyota, with their everyday car line, and their Luxury car line. But both are still Fords. So why cant Hyundai sell both under the same brand? I don't see any reason why not.

But what makes Luxury, Luxury? The Price? For Example, Lincoln, considered a Luxury brand for a very long time. Ford Fusion Sport vs MKZ. Both are the same car, same Chassis, same engine. The only real differences between the two, the material in the seating, the leather is of higher quality, and it comes with Homelink. Other than cosmetic changes, and a roughly $10k difference in price, they are the same car, yet one is considered Luxury. If I put some Katskinz in my Sport and a Homelink in the visor, I now have the same car. The same goes for all the other cars in the Lincoln line up, they are remodeled Fords. The MKT, is the Flex, and I much rather prefer the Flex over the MKT. MKX is the Edge, MKS is the Taurus SHO, and of course the Navigator is the Expedition.

But here is what I find pretty funny, the Fords have features that are standard on some models that the Luxury brands are just now coming out with. BLIS is on my Fusion, came standard, and is really a nice feature. I see commercials now for some Luxury brands touting they have this feature now. I know one company went a bit further and will steer the car away if there is a car in the blind zone if you are making a lane change, but I find there can be bad things to that feature besides the good.

Autopark feature, came standard in my Flex SEL, and is far better than that in Lexus. Some Luxury brands are following Ford, putting the backup camera in the rearview mirror, great place for it too, I don't know why others haven't already done it, so much better to have it where you are supposed to be looking than having to look down at the dash.

One last thing. If Hyundai is being questioned about being a Luxury brand, shouldn't Buick also be questioned? Their Lacross is right up there with what the Luxury brands put out.
    the Sonata has been selling since January, right?

I meant another 6-9 months meaning just about a full model year has passed.

• acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    How about ADDING MODELS? e.g. luxury coupe (or a convertible, if they want to go out of their way to win you as a customer), a small sporty sedan to slot under the Genesis, a couple of SUVs...

They already have a Luxury SUV, the Veracruz. It is right up there with the RX Lexus SUV, and surpasses it in some ways too. I test drove both, the Hyundai won, better car for the money with the same features, and a few more. The Lexus didnt have MP3 CD, XM radio, or a USB input for an ipod unless you added a high end radio package. The Hyundai came with all that standard. The only option was RSE, or NAV, and a trailer hitch. The only thing I did like about the Lexus was it had a smoother ride, but handled the same. The Veracruz did have suspension noise on a rough road, but aside from that was just as quiet on the road as the Lexus. I believe they have since fixed the suspension noise.
    edited August 2010
    I defend? I don't see that Daring to say I'd rather have a 3 year old true player in the high end along with a little pile of cash isn't defense. I'm also not a German national, so I don't get caught up in the weird flag waving side of it either.

Although I wouldn't mind owning a MB dealership or being some overpaid underworked suit wearing corporate suck based in Stuttgart, yeah.
    I'd also be curious what will happen once the sweetheart leases are turned in, and the rentals reach the retail market.
    Yes, but I think the Veracruz is due for replacement pretty soon, yes? It's competitive with the RX in many ways, and not bad at all for a first effort, but I think the next one will be even more luxurious, maybe a little more upscale to allow for a smaller uplevel SUV to slot in behind it later. Also would be interesting to see Hyundai's next-gen top-end SUV be RWD+AWD, based on the Genesis/Equus platform vs. the Sonata platform, with room for the Tau if they want to slip that in.
    But that is the same case for many other automakers, including Toyota, Nissan, and (re sweetheart leases) Honda. And the Germans also, wrt sweetheart leases. There's a reason you can pick up a 3-year old S Class for a fraction of its original price. From what I observe in the marketplace, most MBs and BMWs are leased vs. purchased. Why else do those automakers advertise lease prices so heavily? Probably few people can afford the payments these days on a $50-100k car, so leases are the way to go. A guy I work with just leased an E350 (very very nice car, btw). He has a really good income (he's in sales), but leased. Hyundai has emphasized the lease route with the Genesis, and I expect they'll do the same on the Equus.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    ...to allow for a smaller uplevel SUV to slot in behind it later

Do you have any details? In a year or two, I might well be in the market for a compact luxury SUV. If Hyundai has an entrant in that market segment, I would be most interested.
    Just conjecture on my part. Who knows when and if that will happen. But you might want to check out the Tucson Limited--depending on how much "luxury" you need, it might fit the bill. Or its cousin the Sportage, which will have the 2.0T from the Sonata available soon after launch.
    But isn't H supposed to be better than others now?

I don't see any leasing spots being screamed as much today as the $199/month Sonata ads.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    edited August 2010
    You just need to look. Every day, especially on weekends, my local paper is full of big ads touting low lease rates for Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Mazdas, MBs, BMWs, etc. Actually, right now I see more ads for "sign and drive" leases on the Sonata vs. the $199 with money down.

Also, last night I saw the ad you complained about re someone driving the Sonata and talking about the $199/month deal. What I saw was multiple drivers in Sonatas with cloth interiors, ivory and grey. The ivory is a very smooth cloth, unlike the grey which is patterned, and is very similar in color to the ivory leather. It could easily be mistaken in the quick glimpses of an ad for the leather.
    I haven't seen anything particularly low for MB - that usually happens only at the end of a model run. I don't pay much attention to print media though. No big deal, lease deals on a Sonata vs a highline car aren't really related nor are they to this thread.

Heck, I have seen ads touting the Elantra following bits where people are driving the Genesis - easily shown by the C-pillar in the background. No crap, a Genesis is nicer than a Civic? Lame lame ads. There are several versions of these ads, they found plenty of rubes to go along with this parking lot experiment.
    edited August 2010
    No crap, a Genesis is nicer than a Civic?

Well, it depends. The Civic will cream the Genesis on FE, but overall I think the Genesis is nicer than the Civic. But I don't suppose many shoppers will be comparing Civics to the Genesis, even a used one.

One quote from a Hyundai Uncensored ad, from a couple driving a Genesis, that is on topic: "I feel so lame for spending the money on a Mercedes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4xwTYXxT8U&feature=related

(BTW, the ad re the "Civic"... the driver doesn't say "Civic", but says the Hyundai is nicer than her "Honda". The theme of the ad is about people comparing the Hyundais they are driving to their own cars. At the very end, the ad highlights the current lease deal on the Elantra. But the ad isn't just about the Elantra. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQ5SQPAqj4).
    I was being sarcastic...of course a Genesis is nice than a Civic. FE isn't a concern, at least not to me. If it was, I wouldn't seek something so big to begin with. FE is a very minor concern in the lux segment.

Yeah, that quote made me laugh too.

I'd say a Genesis is nicer than just about any Honda badged sedan sold here, unless it is maybe a very unappealing color base base strippo Gen vs a loaded up pretty (well, colors) Accord.

I'm seeing people driving Genesis and then an ad mentioning Elantra and no other model.
    Look more closely--although it's hard with the scenes flying by pretty quick (try using pause). The ad shows someone climbing into an Elantra and someone else into a Tucson. It shows two different people driving the Sonata and two different people driving the Genesis, and one other driver in a scene that is so quick and shows so little of the interior it's impossible to make out which car it is.

This seems like a broader version of what Hyundai did two years ago with the then-new Genesis, but with all their models this time. If they can get more people thinking like that one couple re Hyundai and Mercedes, it could pay off for them wrt Genesis and Equus. Hyundai's tag line a few years ago was "driving is believing", and the test-drive campaign seems to relate to that.
    Looking at the last youtube link,right? "I drive a Honda" woman is in a Genesis, hard to tell what the guy is in but it looks to have leather, woman after him is in a Genesis, 4th and 5th people I can't tell, and then an ending shot of the Elantra.

Thanks for the pause hint though, I've been living in a cave since 10 years before I was born and didn't think of that ;)

I can do screen caps if you'd like, but really, it's pretty far off topic,and I know how that can annoy :shades:

That's a pretty big "if", by the way.