Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Sedan 2008-2009

visualbangvisualbang Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Nissan
I can't seem to locate any information of the 2008 altima sedan online. I can only find information about the coup. I am looking to hopefully purchase one by the end of July. (I am in the Philadelphia region)

Comments

• jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    I don't think they're out yet. not much changes from the 2007's. all I know of as far as news, would be this:

link title
  • visualbangvisualbang Member Posts: 3
    Knowing that you lose value on a car as soon as you drive it out of the lot, wouldn't it be better to buy a 2008 at this point?
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    I think it would be the BEST time to buy a 2007. The changes from 2007-2008 are superficial--you should be able to get a very good deal on a 2007, maybe even a rebate before year's end. There is also another dimension to consider, too. Provided you can find exactly the color and equipment combination you like still on a lot, say you drive 15,000 miles a year--buy your 2007 now, it will probably have a lower-mileage advantage over the other 2007's bought a year ago, helping reduce the amount lost on depreciation. A year from today, you will have a two-model-year-old car with 15,000 miles on it versus a one-model-year-old car with the same mileage if you buy the virtually idential 2008--in addition to the depreciation of the 2008 and likely no discount off the sticker. I'll admit I didn't follow my own advice, as I liked the 2007 so much, especially the CVT availability, I bought in December--I was very particular about exactly what colors I wanted for both exterior and interior, as well as equipment--I didn't want to wait 'till end of year when I might have had to settle on a compromise. As it was, my car still had to come from another dealership, 'tho not too far away.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    ...if you get the 3.5 models...but standard ABS for the 08 models would be well worth the wait over 07s because ABS is HARD to find on the 2.5S models.
  • terrriterrri Member Posts: 3
    I heard from Nissan USA that they are coming out middle of next month, but don't know if some states will get them earlier than others. Yes the changes are miniscule (ie # of coat hooks reduced).
  • fjerinafjerina Member Posts: 9
    I am interested in a 2008 Altima Sedan S model (since it will have ABS as standard) and I saw the color choices for the Altima Coupe. I hope more colors are offered for the sedan over the coupe. The color choices for the coupe are pretty limited. Also, I wonder when the brochures for the Altima Sedan will be available???
  • mainwiremainwire Member Posts: 1
    Last week a dealer here in St Louis took my deposit on a 2008 Altima sedan. The understanding is that it will be ordered for me tomorrow (1 Aug 08) and then be delivered in early Sept 08.
    My motivation for ordering an 08 was that dealers could not find an 07 with color Pebble Beach and with the SL package and the Connection package in this district.
    The contract specifies the same price as I had agreed to for an 07 (had they located one like I wanted) but I will not get the 0.7% financing.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Does anyone know if stability control will be available on any 2.5 models? Only hybrid and V6 models have it available for 2007.
    The 2008 Accord will likely have it, so maybe Toyota and Nissan will increase availability on their sedans also.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Based on Nissannews website, the '08 should be in the lot already or sometime soon.

Nissan Announces Pricing on 2008 Altima Sedan [Aug. 7, 07]

NASHVILLE (Aug. 7, 2007) – Nissan North America, Inc. today announced pricing on the 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan, which is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide. The all-new, totally redesigned Altima Sedan was introduced last year and is currently Nissan’s best-selling nameplate.

Altima enters the 2008 model year with the addition of standard Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD, Diversity Antenna and available factory-activated XM® Satellite Radio (required monthly subscription sold separately).
  • bmcgivbmcgiv Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at the 07's Altima and cant find one that is everything I'm looking for. I liked everything about the 3.5SE but noticed I couldnt get one with a moonroof without adding the spoiler which I do not want at all. So if I upgrade to the 3.5SL I can not get a manual transmission which is a must. My question is does anyone know if the new Altimas will have the same options packages and what will come standard? All I am looking for is a 3.5 Altima with a moonroof, manual and no spoiler. This has to be available right? I just don't want to buy one then get an after market moonroof either as I feel I should get what I want when I buy a brand new car. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Brian
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    i wana know if the altima sedan with bose audio lets u scroll through the mp3 playlist while listening a song and also does the garage door opener have 3 button or just one?
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    My question is does anyone know if the new Altimas will have the same options packages and what will come standard? All I am looking for is a 3.5 Altima with a moonroof, manual and no spoiler. This has to be available right? I just don't want to buy one then get an after

When you get the manual tranny in a 3.5 se and want a factory roof. You can only get it in what is called a "sport pkg" So you are out of luck. If you want the manual and a moon roof you have to get the spoiler. It is the only way it has come for years.
    When will the 2008 Altima sedans be in the showrooms and when will the brochure be available???
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    When will the 2008 Altima sedans be in the showrooms and when will the brochure be available???

They are in showrooms right now.
  • cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    I just bought myself an 08 2.5 SL, so the 08s are there now but the dealer might only have 10 or 20. As for options, they are pretty much exactly the same, but Nissan might sell the options differently than last year. For example, on the 07 2.5, you can get spoiler or fogs seperately, but the new Nissan website list the 08 2.5 with spoiler tied to the fog. Therefore you must get both. The prices on the base model is up like $280 but then ABS is now standard, so the price really didn't go up.
  • bmcgivbmcgiv Member Posts: 2
    Thats what I figured. I may have to take a closer look at the coupes, think I can get what I want there, just not sure if I want a two door though. Oh well guess I need to get in em and find out, thanks for your help
    the biggest difference for 08 is ABS, floor mats, and splash guards now come standard.
  • altimadrvraltimadrvr Member Posts: 7
    yes the 08 altimas are out the only diff is the 500 rebate and rate my dealer i am at has about 40 already. noticed that nissan is following honda in the sense of window stickers for example the crash rating :)
  • amb_11amb_11 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, can you tell me what the residual % and money factor is on a new 2008 Altima 3.5 SL, automatic, without technology package ?

I know the Base MSRP is $28,280 plus $625 destination, total MSRP $28,905.
    Invoice Base $26,204 plus $625 destination, total Invoice MSRP $26,829.

I need to turn in my Infiniti FX35 lease by Sept. 17th, so I am in a hurry to shop out a lease deal as soon as possible. I will be leasing it under my business (C corp) in Connecticut. Any additional info that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Car_man probably won't see your post here, but he should see it in the other place you posted: amb_11, "Nissan Altima: Lease Questions" #381, 4 Sep 2007 5:30 pm.

Welcome to CarSpace. Good luck - let us know how it works out!
  • kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    ABS is standard. I believe floor mats are not a standard inclusion (at least on the non-Hybrid). They are listed as a $175.00 option. Not sure about the splash guards.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Looked at '08 2.5S today....splash guards NOT standard either.....
  • baba08baba08 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an 08 2.5 S last week, mainly because I had a gas guzzler and comute every day. The car had 400 miles on it when I got it,a dealer swap. Anyway, I checked the gas mileage on the second tank and got only 24.4 mpg! I am crushed. Does anyone know if it will get closer to the 31 mpg later?
  • tylerwm94tylerwm94 Member Posts: 26
    I've been getting 25.5 MPG pretty consistently in mixed highway/city driving.
    Have you had the car for very long? I guess I would say my driving is mixed.. some city some highway.
  • ken75ken75 Member Posts: 52
    We purchased a 2008 Altima 2.5 SL in November and with 700 miles on it, the computer tells me yesterday that I am averaging 25.2 mpg in 60% city and 40% highway driving. Got a lot of breaking in to do, if that is still applicable on todays motors. I think this is pretty damn good and I should see low thirties on a highway trip. I would imagine that a good bit of this economy is due to the CVT. I think I'll keep it.
  • lesmorelandlesmoreland Member Posts: 9
    My 2008 Altima 2.5 SL has 2000 miles on it. I have a daily 24 mile commute to work each way so I am 90% highway miles at 50 to 60 MPH. I have yet to average below 30 MPG on a tank, and have had a couple of tanks where I averaged 31.5 MPG. I always set cruise control. I think this helps.
  • tylerwm94tylerwm94 Member Posts: 26
    I've had it for 3 months and it has about 4000 miles on it. About 60% city, 40% highway.
    This tank is looking better... 29.8 mpg. It seems like the cruise does help. I have a pretty heavy foot and love to take off fast. But I'll be happy with that with my commute. It's usually 50% hwy and 50% city.
  • rlestra5rlestra5 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan and it needs an oil change. What kind of oil should be used? I won't be doing the oil change myself, but if I'm taking it to a mechanic I dont wan't them using the wrong oil since it could screw up my engine and stuff. I read in the owner's manual that SAE-5W30 should be used I believe. Thanks for the help.
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan and it needs an oil change. What kind of oil should be used? I won't be doing the oil change myself, but if I'm taking it to a mechanic I dont wan't them using the wrong oil since it could screw up my engine and stuff"

The MOST important thing is that you have this 2008 car serviced ONLY by a dealer while it is still in warranty! They know exactly what kind of oil to use in order to conform to warranty requirements! Also, any negligent thing a mechanic did in the process of working on your car would void your warranty.
  • karsickkarsick Member Posts: 312
    Anyone know what's up here?...

When is the passenger airbag light supposed to illuminate? I assume it should light for a few seconds when you start the car (just to show you that the warning light works).

However, my wife had the light come on the other day when she had a bag sitting on the passenger seat. All other times, the light stays off while driving.

What is the light trying to tell us? :confuse:

Thx.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    The light goes on when a sensor in the seat itself thinks there's a car seat (or small toddler) in the seat, and deactivates the airbag since it may cause more harm than good to them in an accident. Removing the bag should turn off the light, but if it stays illuminated when the seat is empty, there's something wrong with the airbag system and should be checked out by the dealer ASAP.
    I had my new 2008 Altima 2.5S for about a month now and have taken it on a trip (over 6 hours travel each way) and I realize why I feel so uncomfortable while driving my car. I am 6 feet tall and have the seat pushed back so my legs are comfortable but I cannot pull the steering wheel towards me enough for arm/shoulder comfort. Although the car has a telescopic steering wheel it does not go back far enough. I think this is a bad design problem with the car. Wish Nissan could have added just one more inch or so to the extension. Oh well, live and learn. Would be nice if Nissan could retrofit car (if someone wanted) with a longer extension to the steering wheel.
    the mechanic will just look up what kind of oil is recomended for the car. mechanics spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the software that provides those answers.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
  • shustershuster Member Posts: 10
    I just purchased my Altima 2.5S and i have noticed that i get an warning message that i am running out of fuel. Yet, i have about 4 gallons left in the tank. This is good enough for at least 80 miles. Is this normal?
    yes it is normal. Nissan seems to have aired on the side of caution with that one.
    Thanks
    I have an Altima 2008, 2.5S. I always wait for the rpms to get down to 800-900 rpms when the car is cold. It takes about 4 sometimes 5 minutes for the engine to calm down to those rpms. Is that normal?
    I also have a Mustang which goes down to 700-800 rpms in like 30sec.
    Ialso have a Maxima 2000 which brings the rpms down in about 3-4min.
    Are all imports that way?
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    I believe the engines start off at a higher RPM to help get the catalytic converter up to operating temps faster, especially on colder mornings. My Mazda6 also starts off at close to 1500 RPM on cold starts, and settles down in about 1-2 minutes, as well as the 2.5S that my wife drives. So in effect, it's emissions-related, since the cat is useless when cold.

I wouldn't wait 4-5 minutes to start driving it, you're simply wasting gas. Start the car, let it warm for about 30 sec.- 1 min., then go ahead and drive, but be gentle on the accelerator and try and keep the revs down until the temp. needle begins to rise. Driving the car actually helps to get the temp. up faster for both the engine and the cat.
    Thanks...i just figured out that when i wake up i don't go out right a way and start running. I thought the ca is the same way...it needs time to wake up.
    I wont wait that much time anymore.
  • poorcruzerpoorcruzer Member Posts: 141
    End of January and I just picked up a 2007 3.5 SE 6sp manual for under MSRP on the road, all in. Which is quite a feat for an import car up here in Canada with paying a gas tax, air tax and 13 percent GST/PST and all the other charges that come with buying a new vehicle off the lot. There are still some 07 Altimas out there with seriously good deals over the same 08. I was happy to find the car only had just over a 100kms. Dealers these days will easily run 500 to a thousand kms on any car on their lot using them all as demo's. Hopefully we will have good luck with this car and marque, knock on wood. :shades:
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Just a heads-up...If you ever need to have your 2008 Altima towed or loaded onto a flat-bed car hauler, the towing entity will need to open the small "door" on the passenger side of the front bumper cover and temporarily install a "screw-eye" , so that they can attach a cable to pull the car onto the truck bed.

Unfortunately, for some reason (my guess would be costs), Nissan elected not to provide this screw-eye in the tools located in the trunk (jack, jack handle, etc.). I don't know about the competition, but all Mini Coopers and BMWs come with these items as standard.

This isn't a problem if you never need to be towed/hauled, but if you do, you will have to hope that the car hauler has one of the screw-eyes that will attach to yourcar, which may or may not be realistic.

Having been in this predicament before in a different car (after I was rear-ended by some dude driving a pickup truck while typing on his laptop computer), I now check to see if this item is "standard equipment" on a new car.

You have 3 options...1) buy one from Nissan for approx. $50.00, 2) have the dealer throw one in when you make the deal on the car, or 3) be lucky and never need to have one (or if you do, have a well-equipped towing operator).

To me, I consider having one "cheap" insurance. It seems silly to me that Nissan doesn't provide this tool....similar to providing a spare tire without a jack....
  • kosarfankosarfan Member Posts: 11
    I want to buy an '08 Altima w/all the bells and whistles, but is the only ipod connection the aux on the stereo? Is there something I can do for a full ipod interface? What are my options and what has works for everyone?

Thanks!
    I have a 2008 Altima. What are the black window trim pillars made of? Is this plastic, painted metal or what? I'm referring to the long pieces of black at the back of your front window and the front of your rear window. I got scratches on one of these just from cleaning some bird droppings using a terry towel and some water, and now I'm trying to remove them. How can I do this?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    If you're talking about the black piece about 2 inches around the window (around the window's glass), they're plastic. I think you need to order a new tape to replace it.
    I'm not referring to the black piece that goes around the window, but the two longer black pieces (an inch or two wide) that run next to each other vertically from the top of the window to the bottom. Is this plastic as well? Is it possible to remove scratches from these?
    That part on my old Infiniti got faded after several years.

I discovered that good auto paint shops sell aerosol cans of "trim black".

I masked off the window glass & doors, sprayed that on, and the color & sheen were IDENTICAL to factory.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.