Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1989 Dodge Full size van

lc1lc1 Member Posts: 1
I am an owner of a dodge van and I was hoping to find out some information on modifying my van. I am trying to find a 4inch lowering kit for my van. I am upgrading everything I can from the engine to brakes and I wanted to start by getting it lowered. It want it to handle a little better and not be as high off the ground. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find what I need to accomplish this?

Comments

• oldandslooldandslo Member Posts: 2
    Is there a diesel engine to fit this van?
  • shawnafshawnaf Member Posts: 1
    im looking for a frount wire harness for my 1985 dodge ram van its a 9 passenger van hubby fried a couple wires under hood can anyone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :cry:
  • Bluejet_77Bluejet_77 Member Posts: 1
    I was recently given a 1993 Dodge ram 250 full-size van and I'm trying online to find out specifications on this vehicle and cannot find a thing and wondering if someone can help me
  • la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    What specs are you looking for? Would a shop (service) manual offer you what you're looking for? If I'm not mistaken, they are readily available in auto parts stores, online, and likely in the reference section of public libraries for the B250. They changed only a little from the early '70's until the recent new model, except for safety and emission/engine controls. I think you will find one that covers the 1993 model year. Sorry, but I don't have one.

Use your VIN plate to cross-reference in the manual, telling you what drivetrain you have if you don't already know.

Good luck.
  • ripdogripdog Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I have a question about my girlfriends van;its a yr2000 with 95500 miles, and the darnest thing happens, while driving,the van just stalls, dead in the street.The real strange thing about it is that all the gauges go to the left, as if you shut off the van.The thing won't start again, unless the gauges come back up.She has killed the battery a few times trying to start it until I notice that the gauges were all to the left.It happens whenever it wants.The most scariest thing is if shes on the hi way and it stalls,sometimes if she holds the gas pedal down it will restart.No check engine light, no stumble shudder nothing.We have changed the cam sensor,and most other sensors.If anyone has expiranced this, and has a solution,I will be willing to try it ,we are at wits end.Thanks and sorry for the long post.Rip :cry:
  • ashleys1085ashleys1085 Member Posts: 1
    My boyfriend has an 89 1 ton dogge van and has the exact same issues happening and has replaced the fuel pump, oxygen sensor, roter button, fuel filter, & ignition coil and is replacing a temperature senor, crankshaft sensor and the distributor tomorrow, have you had any luck yet with yours?
  • jabibniajabibnia Member Posts: 2
  • jabibniajabibnia Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1989 Dodge Ram van that runs like a clock all day, however whenever I have to shut down for just a few minutes, such as going through a check point like Fort Bragg, it will not restart and appears as if it just drains all starting ability fast. It has been suggested that it is a voltage regulator issue, however, we can't find one on this van. Can anyone identify with this problem and can you help me with an otherwise excellent vehicle.