Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda3 Dashboard and Instrumentation Questions

2»

Comments

• cin1982cin1982 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, noob here, and I wanna say THANK YOU for this post! :) I have an 07 3i touring and this worked perfectly on my first try. I'll definitely be checking out this forum in the future for ideas on my car.
  • stonejkstonejk Member Posts: 1
    OK, I just bought an '08 Mazda3 i Touring. It has the 6 disc changer. Has anyone actually gotten the DIS unlock to work on an '08? If so, please send me the steps
    josey_stone@hotmail.com
  • jjp72jjp72 Member Posts: 2
    Please forgive the extreme newbie-osity of this question, but how do I disconnect the negative to the battery? Can someone walk me through it or point me toward some directions/a walk through somewhere?

I'd love to do this hack but need to know how to do that part of it first.

Also, does doing the hack run any risk of voiding the warranty or anything?

Much appreciated - thanks!
  • jjp72jjp72 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, so after further research it seems that apparently this won't work on '08s with the single disc cd player. Is that correct? Has anyone gotten it to work with that setup?

Thanks.
  • ron92ron92 Member Posts: 1
    The information screen on my 2006 Mazda 3 just went blank. Thought it might be a fuse but I can't find any fuse location for that function in the manual. Called Mazda but they want me to make an appointment with the dealer. I'd rather not spend $100 to have them change a fuse if I can help it. Does anyone know where this fuse is located? Thanks for any help.
  • cin1982cin1982 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Stone, my cousin bought an 08 3i w/ just the single disc system and I couldn't get hers to work. I've looked at several different forums to find out if it can be done on the 08 and haven't had any luck. Hope you're able to find something!
  • mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    Hi. I just got an '08 Touring sedan. If I turn the temp control to the blue setting, which I often do driving home when in the morning the weather has been cold, the AC and Recirc lights are activated. Nothing about this in the manual. Is this normal?
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Yup, it is normal. You can push the AC and recirculate buttons again to disable those functions. I suppose the designers assumed that if you crank it all the way to the right, you want it as cold as possible ASAP. You learn to live with it.
  • gneffgneff Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 with 68000 miles and the dash cracked last week for no reason. Its in the middle right by the windshield. The dealer said they've seen a lot of this. Anyone else have a problem?
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,314
    Did it crack where the light sensor fits?

problem for good.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,314
    Did it crack where the light sensor fits?

If so, it is a known fault on MZ3s of that age. The piece that cracks has been superceded by a new reinforced part that supposedly fixes the problem for good.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Thats exactly where it cracked!
    The dealer said he's been seeing it on 2006 models too. I live in Phoenix so the heat may play a part. A friend in southern CA bought one a month after I bought mine and hers is still okay. The dealer said that if it had happened during the warranty period they'd fix it. Unfortunately my car has passed that up and the extended warranty I purchased doesn't cover it.
  • jayv1jayv1 Member Posts: 1
    our 2007 mazda3 freguently sounds 2 beeps while driving, no lights or any other warnings,
    Any ideas, it is not mentioned in the manual
  • hunter41hunter41 Member Posts: 3
    i just bought a 2006 mazda 3 sp and every time i do a u-turn a light comes up on the dash..it's a steering wheel with an exclamation mark next to it..anyone have any idea's what it means?
  • missyc1missyc1 Member Posts: 17
    It's sounds like your tire pressure light or the traction control light?. :confuse:
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    i just bought a 2006 mazda 3 sp and every time i do a u-turn a light comes up on the dash..it's a steering wheel with an exclamation mark next to it..

That is the power steering warning light. You may have an issue with the electric power steering motor, low power steering fluid or a low charge on your battery. You need to bring it to a dealer and have them diagnose it.
  • corbittcorbitt Member Posts: 1
    Gneff Cracked dash
    I bought a 06 mazda3 hatchback on sat.
    Today (wed) the dash cracked in the middle above the vents for NO REASON
    can't believe it.
    there were 2 screws missing in right wheel well liner where it attaches to bumper.
    Had to BUY from dealer..installed screws , next day new noise from right side
    today dash cracked all the way from the vents to the window...crap!!!!
    I've owned an acura for over 200,000 miles plus...no cracks...this sucks.
    should start a campaign to make mazda fix...recall...recalll...RECALL.
    Is mazda removing well screws to ease tension???I don't get it.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Maybe you are beyond the mileage limit, but I think the '06 had a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty.
    thanks..i took it to a dealer and they are going to fix it undre warranty..was the power steer pump..cheers
    is the air bag light the red coloured "person with a circle in front of them"?

dane....
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Yes, that means the car has detected that the seat is occupied but the weight is too low so the airbag has been disabled. Could be a small person, say below 80 lbs, or a briefcase or other item on the seat.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    A little late probably, but just thought I'd confirm-

'06 and before- 4yrs/50k miles powertrain & bumper-to-bumper
    '07-'09- 5yrs/60k miles powertrain & 3yrs/36k miles bumper-to-bumper
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • ntcn22ntcn22 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I got a new "used" dashboard from a junk yard to have mine replaced because it was not working properly but it appears that the new "used" one does not work with the same ignition keys? Something about the locking system having to be reprogrammed or something?
    Has anyone replaced their dashboard? What can be done on my end without having to spend a great deal of money on taking it to the dealer?
    Thanks!
  • sherryd1sherryd1 Member Posts: 2
    Cracked Dash!
    I just noticed that my dash is cracked on my 06' Mazda 3 hatchback too. I'm so mad. My husbands 20 year old piece of junk trunk doesn't even have a cracked dash.
    The crack is right in the middle of the dash , on either side of the sensor.
    Want to see who else has this issue.
    Soooo mad!
  • sherryd1sherryd1 Member Posts: 2
    Yep, that's exactly wher mine cracked.
This discussion has been closed.