Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Stalling Problem

Comments

• blackbear10blackbear10 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get your truck fixed? What was the cause?
  • blackbear10blackbear10 Member Posts: 2
    The distributor cap?
  • metallurgist1metallurgist1 Member Posts: 3
    Nope. Only does it after the engine has completely warmed up and cooled off partially.
  • drvettedrvette Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2012
    This is the most TSB's I've ever seen assigned to a single vehicle.
    Note that most vehicles will NOT ever have all these problems.

I suggest printing these pages, please NOTE these TSB cover many Engines from 4.8L V8 to the 6.6L to the 8.1L so be patient with your technician.

Take your problematic vehicle to the Biggest OR the Best GM dealer within driving distance, be patient, be nice and be Generous to those who help.

Quote:
    "448 Technical Service Bulletins May Apply, 2002 CHEVROLET Silverado"
    2002 Silverado TSB

These are "brief" descriptions, you have to buy a subscription to Alldata to get the full deal.

The "few" I copied may or may NOT help your issues.

Bulletin No: 00149C
    11/21/2003
    Summary Description
    MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP ON WITH A P0300 SET AND A MISFIRE. VARIOUS MODELS INCLUDING THE 1996-1999 P32 AND THE 1996-2002 GMC C/K TRUCK. *TT

Bulletin No: 3232
    5/10/2005
    Summary Description:
    1999 - 2005 GEN II COLD ENGINE MISFIRE AT IDLE WITH POSSIBLE P0171 AND/OR P0174. *TT

Bulletin No: 3004
    08/25/2004
    Summary Description:
    4.8L 5.3L 6.6L 8.1L P1285 P1286 OR P2133 AFTER REPLACING APP SENSOR. *MJ

Bulletin No: 00266
    07/02/2004
    Summary Description:
    LOSS OF POWER, HESITATES ON ACCELERATION ON 4.8, 5.3 AND 6.0 ENGINES COUPLED WITH THE 4L60E OR 4L65E TRANSMISSION. *TT

Bulletin No: 100803
    01/22/2004
    Summary Description:
    THE ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC FUEL LEAKS INSIDE OF THE ENGINE. GM VOICEMAIL LOG. THIS INCLUDES 2000 - 2004 CHEVROAND GMC C4500 AND 5500 TRUCKS. *TT

Bulletin No:030604059
    01/06/2004
    Summary Description:
    REVISED FUEL LEAKS INSIDE OF ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC. 2004 CHEVROLET KODIAK AND GMC TOPKICK ALSO INCLUDED. *TT

Bulletin No: 3147
    11/02/2004
    Summary Description:
    CONCERNS REGARDING BULLETIN 00-02-35-003F. ALL FULL SIZE TRUCKS AND UTILITIES AND HUMMER PARTS AVAILABLE. *TC

Bulletin No: 04039
    07/13/2004
    Summary Description:
    CHEVROLET\GMC SERVICE CAMPAIGN: SEE DOCUMENT SEARCH BUTTON FOR OWNER LETTER. SPECIAL POLICY ADJUSTMENT - INJECTORS - REPLACE. *MJ UPDATED 2/21/08. *NJ CSC LETTER WAS RECEIVED. UPDATED 3/5/10. *PE

Bulletin No: PIP-4138K
    06/08/2011
    Summary Description:
    GM: THE SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT IS ON, THERE IS ALSO A MISFIRE OR ENGINE NOISE. THERE ARE MULTIPLE POSSIBLE CAUSES.

Bulletin No: 5500
    11/10/2005
    Summary Description:
    THE IGNITION DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR MAY CORRODE AND CAUSE IGNITION SYSTEM FAILURE. A PRODUCT EMISSION RECALL TO INSPECT / REPLACE THE DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION SYSTEM. *TT GM PARTS BULLETINS & INFORMATION. *TT

Bulletin No:050604007
    11/08/2005
    Summary Description:
    POOR ENGINE PERFORMANCE - MISFIRE, ROUGH IDLE, STALLS, ENGINE CRANKS BUT DOES NOT RUN, SERVICE ENGINE SOON/CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ILLUMINATED, DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0300 SET. *TT

Bulletin No: 030604030
    08/14/2003
    Summary Description:
    MULTIPLE DRIVEABILITY SYMPTOMS OF LONG OR HARD STARTS, CHUGGLE, ROUGH IDLE AND LIGHT OR INTERMITTENT MISFIRE DUE TO CLOGGED FUEL INJECTORS. *TT

Bulletin No: 050604029
    1/03/2005
    Summary Description:
    FLEXIBLE FUEL (RPO L59) ROUGH IDLE, MISFIRE, MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0300. *TT

Bulletin No: 3317
    10/28/2005
    Summary Description:
    HARD START / NO START OUTSIDE TEMPERATURES BELOW FREEZING. *TT UPDATED 7/13/09. *PE

Bulletin No: 3325
    0/27/2005
    Summary Description:
    SUPPLEMENT TO BULLETIN 99-06-04-047A FOR FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING. *TT

Bulletin No: 3312
    10/27/2005
    Summary Description:
    NO START, HARD START, LOSS OF POWER, OR WHITE SMOKE. *TT

Bulletin No: 050604024
    05/13/2005
    Summary Description:
    REVISED DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P1172 AND DTC P2636. *TT

Bulletin No:50604025
    05/13/2005
    Summary Description:
    REVISED DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) U2104. *TT

Bulletin No: 040604088
    05/12/2005
    Summary Description:
    REPLACEMENT OF CONNECTOR WHEN REPLACING FUEL TANK MODULE/FUEL PUMP MODULE. *TT

Bulletin No: 3375
    05/11/2005
    Summary Description:
    ROUGH IDLE, SERVICE ENGINE SOON (SES)LIGHT, UNSTABLE IDLE, HESITATION, SURGE OR STALLING. WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES P0300, P0335 OR P0336. *TT

Bulletin No: 11062003
    04/11/2005
    Summary Description:
    AIRFLOW SENSOR PROBLEM. *EH

Bulletin No: 040603002
    03/10/2005
    Summary Description:
    DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION FOR INTERMITTENT VEHICLE NO CRANK DEAD BATTERY. *EH

Bulletin No: 040604007A
    3/08/2005
    Summary Description:
    SERVICE ENGINE SOON (SES) LIGHT, P0087, P0093, P1093, LOW POWER, NO START, HARD START, FUEL IN CRANKCASE. THIS SERVICE BULLETIN REPLACES 040604007. *EH

Bulletin No: 030604036
    03/07/2005
    Summary Description:
    INFORMATION ON SERVICING FUEL INJECTORS TO AVOID CONTAMINATION. *EH UPDATED 03-19-07. *KB

Bulletin No: 040601018
    12/15/2005
    Summary Description:
    INFORMATION ON REVISED DESIGN OF INTAKE GASKET AND RELATED BOLTS FOR 2004 MID-YEAR ENHANCEMENT AND PRIOR YEAR SERVICE USAGE. *TT

Bulletin No: 040604007E
    02/15/2005
    Summary Description:
    SERVICE ENGINE SOON (SES) LIGHT, P0087, P0093, P1093, LOW POWER, NO START, HARD START, FUEL IN CRANKCASE. *TT

Bulletin No: 040604040
    02/15/2005
    Summary Description:
    IDLE INSTABILITY, LOW OR ROUGH IDLE WITH ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL. *TT

Bulletin No: 3239
    01/31/2005
    Summary Description:
    LB7 ENGINE VIBRATION MISS OR RUNS ROUGH NO DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE. THIS ALSO INCLUDES LB7 C2 C3 C4 C5 D4 D5 E4 E5 K2 K3. *EH

Bulletin No: 3232
    01/28/2005
    Summary Description:
    MISFIRE AT IDLE COLD AND POSSIBLE P0171 AND OR P0174. *EH

Bulletin No: 040849019
    01/11/2005
    Summary Description:
    CRANKS BUT NO START, STALL, INACCURATE/INCORRECT FUEL GAUGE READING, NO FUEL, VEHICLE IS OUT OF FUEL AND FUEL GAUGE READS ABOVE EMPTY. *TT THIS BULLETIN REPLACES PREVIOUS BULLETIN NUMBER 04-08-49-019. *TT

Bulletin No: 040604001
    1/03/2005
    Summary Description:
    VARIOUS INTERMITTENT DRIVEABILITY CONDITIONS - HESITATION, LACK OF POWER, ETC. *TT

Bulletin No: 3149
    12/15/2004
    Summary Description:
    FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR CONNECTOR OR TERMINAL REPAIRS. *TT

Bulletin No: 3187
    12/15/2004
    Summary Description:
    ENGINE LOW POWER WILL NOT GO OVER 2300 RPMS. *EH UPDATED 6/11/10. *PE

Bulletin No: 3056
    11/17/2004
    Summary Description:
    CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WITH A P0300 DUE TO 2-4 CYLINDERS MISFIRING ON THE SAME BANK OF THE ENGINE. *TT

Bulletin No: 3107
    11/04/2004
    Summary Description:
    P0420 AND P0430 DTSC IN THE DETROIT, MICHIGAN AREA WITH GEN III V-8 ENGINES. *SC

Bulletin No: 3119
    11/04/2004
    Summary Description:
    ENGINEERING INVESTIGATION - CATALYTIC CONVERTER REPLACEMENT. *SC

Bulletin No: 3121
    11/04/2004
    Summary Description:
    6.6 LB7 ENGINE WITH A NO CHARGE CONDITION WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0380 P0621. *SC

Bulletin No: 3055
    10/14/2004
    Summary Descr
    I worked for about 2 hrs posting those TSB's

Only about HALF of them showed up, NO warning from Edmunds that I was running over the text limit.

Anyway folks, follow the link, see if your vehicle meets some of the issues, or better yet, tell your Tech to stop being so cheap and buy an Alldata subscription.

Can yo imagine, looking through 448 TSB

Good Luck
    Rusty Wrench
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    To.the techs at the dealership. Now whether they take the time to check through them is another story.
  • vantasselvantassel Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 chev with 4.8 litre. In cold weather it idles high and low, also stalls when its really cold. Changed sparkplugs, throttle position sensor, altinator, fuel pump, and still does this. It seems to run better when I unplug the air flow sensor. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be the problem..?
    Try cleaning the MAF wire with some carb cleaner.

Do you get any codes ?

2002 Chevrolet "Truck"?

Theres quite a few TSB on the 1500 pickup, several include running conditions..

check them out, and see if your wrench can identify the issue.

Sometimes it's cheaper to let a "good" dealer to diagnose the problem

2002 Silverado 1500
  • vantasselvantassel Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    you say clean the maf wire with carb cleaner, would that be just the plug in?
    the only code that comes up is a misfire on multiple cylinders! yes it is a truck.
  • 5150chevyman5150chevyman Member Posts: 1
    Ive had this issue for quite some time now. In the mornings after the truck has sat for 8+ hours, I start the truck and the turn over is fine and the engine revs up fine. After the initial start up it begins to bog down, almost as if it is going to die but never does. The RPM's jump back up almost as if you pressed the gas peddal down hard, then idles normal and repeats itself bogging down and back to normal. It has done it a couple times bad enough where it gave me a check engine light but when I leave the driveway it goes away. The only code it throws is a random misfire. After about 10 min, the truck idles fine as if everything is great. No other problems after she warms up. I have checked EVERYTHING (almost)...not a single mechanic can figure out why it is doing this. I have had new plugs, new fuel filter, mass airflow sensor, IAC valve, etc. I have a buddy with one of those code readers and he says everything shows my truck is running fine. he told me to try unplugging my MAF sensor and see what it did, crazy this is....it seemed to make the bogging go away...so I thought that was the problem...NOPE! Can someone PLEASE tell me what this "COULD" be or what could be causing this??? Anything will be helpful! Thanks!
    -B
    Was the MAF oem or aftermarket?

Check the throttle position sensor?
  • ak90ssak90ss Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 that had the exact same symptoms.I was told by a friend that also had the same problem with his 2002 that it was the intake manifold gaskets leaking ( vacuum leak). I live in Alaska and we get some pretty severe temperature swings (it was -40F 3 weeks ago,now it's +20F). I think the composite manifold shrinks slightly in the cold which exaggerates the leak. I replaced the gaskets with new GM factory gaskets and it worked. Runs like a champ now. I read somewhere that the original gaskets on the 2002 used a inferior compound for the rubber seal, which GM has changed. The old rubber on the gaskets was orange, the new gaskets I purchased from GM had a teal colored rubber gasket.
  • aceeric22aceeric22 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado z71. When I first get up in the morning the truck runs fine (it is a little sluggish). When I leave work it runs horribly. When I step on the accelerator it bogs down and when I let up on the pedal just a little it will accelerate just fine for a bit then bog down and start shaking. I jsut replaced my catalytic convertor less than 20,000 miles ago. I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs and wires. Any help would be great.
    I'd start by cleaning the throtte body and checking the throttle position sensor.
  • saintlensaintlen Member Posts: 1
    OK, THE PROBLEM WE FOUND IS SOMETHING PROGRAMED INTO THE COMPUTER TO MAKE IT PUT OUT A 300 CODE AFTER HIGH MILES TO MAKE US
    1- TURN IT IN & BUY AN OTHER ONE, BEFORE SOME THING GOES BAD.
    2- SPEND A LOT OF MONEY AT THE DEALER TO TRY TO FIND THE PROBLEM .
    3- JUST TO DRIVE US NUTS THINKING WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM.

OUR TRUCK RUNS FINE ACCEPT FOR THAT CODE, THEREFORE WE DO NOT CARE HOW MANY TIMES IT FLASHES.

I SAY ENJOY YOUR TRUCK FORGET THE CODE 300.!!!!!!!!!!

SAINTLEN, MACH. FOR OVER 50 YEARS.
  • zpatcheszpatches Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone

about 3 months ago I bought a GMC sierra 2012 V6 4.3L from the showroom brand new.
    Last month it went for its first 10 000km service, but from around 5000km on the car I have had a problem with my car not wanting to pull away, for example when I am at a roundabout and i need to press the accelerator to go forward, the car does not move, it goes forward really slowly and then makes a loud bang noise from the right front side of the engine, only after this sound comes the car has its normal speed back and moves.

Though this problem only happens sometimes. somedays this does not happen and other days it does it 3 for times.. I have been to the Main GMC service centre several times and the assistant manager even took it for a test drive but this problem did not happen with him in the car. now he is accusing me of lying.

Does anyone have this problem or know what it might be, it will be a great help.
    Thank you

ps. my car has been more in the service center than i have actually driven it.. :'(
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I see that you are using kilometers as your unit of measure - are you writing from Canada? If so, I would suggest contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jfairchildjfairchild Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem, bought a 94 silverado. Has new cap, wires ,plugs,iac valve but dies at stops and slow turns. Changed the egr valve and it ran great , its fixed and now im happy. Hope this helps. I checked it by using a vacuum guage on it and it didnt move, or you can rev the engine while holding underneath it and see if it moves on the diaphram. Make sure you have vacuum going to it while reving the engine a little.
  • jfairchildjfairchild Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 94 silverado, has new cap, wires, plugs, fuel filter, and iac valve. Has thw 5.7 350 in it. I messed with it for days trying to figure it out and found a bad egr valve. It would kill the engine when pushed in but didnt suck in at all under higher rpms or with my vacuum guage. I replaced it and now my truck runs great. Doesnt even try to die or have a low idle anymore. Made the transmission shift better also. Hope this helps everyone because i know it drove me crazy.
  • benleuser7benleuser7 Member Posts: 3
    Hey I got a 1995 gmc sierra 5.7l v8 z71 with 450,000k and well this problem first started after i drove for about 25minutes or + then parked for 5 minutes and restarted my engine almost immediately after started its like it stalls. The battery volts go down oil pressure goes down and it vibrates and shuts off. happened alot during the summer and then stopped for a month now even sometimes when im driving alot even in a parking lot the same thing happens im accelerating and then its like it looses power and battery volts go down as well as the oil pressure and dies but i can start it right away. and sometimes when its doing this if i accelerate alot harder it won't die. For winter i need tires rear brakes and my power steering pump is leaking so before i start putting money into this i need to fix this issue. Any thought or potential solutions would be greatly appreciated.
  • krc4x4krc4x4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure if you have fixed your problem yet, but I would try the remote battery terminal. Loosen the bolts and hit all the contacts with a piece of sandpaper or steel wool or something. After years corrosion builds up and doesn't break the connection, but can weaken the flow of current. Like I said, I'm not sure if it helps @ all, but I've had several vehicles that had that problem and that is what it was. I hope it helps.
    i tried that last week and it is still happening, however when the truck shuts off my battery light and my check gages light comes on so does that mean all this is my battery? cause when im driving and accelerate and it sputters it doesnt shut off then so is that a different problem?
  • andyrogers442andyrogers442 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Truck battery died tried to jump it. Didn't work. New battery starts fine,runs fine but lights dim at stops. Truck idles down and wants to stall. Hit the gas back to normal. Alternator tested good, ground looked good, checked blower motor resistor looked fine, and blower works fine. Also truck stays running if heater is off at low RPM's. Any comments could help
  • lisalisaharveylisalisaharvey Member Posts: 1
    Hi my names Lisa and i have a 1999 chevy silverado 1500. Were having the same problem the rpms started going crazy and it started revving itself at red lights and stop signs etc. we changed everything we could think of put new spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, mass airflow sensor, got the iag valve cleaned and more stuff i cant think of right now. its still doing it and its getting way worse. now at stop lights etc anytime its supposed to idle it stalls and chokes out. i dk what to do help
    Have you cleaned the throttle body? and check the linkages?
  • egonzaegonza Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hello,

I have a 2003 silverado 4.3L that I have an issue with when I try to accelerate. I turn the truck on and it turns on perfectly fine, when I put it in gear and try to take off it stalls like if gas was being restricted, this is only when i have it in drive! I can drive it but it will stall literally every other second and i've noticed that when it blows black smoke. It doesnt give me any check engine light, put a scanner in and no codes....I have replaced fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel injectors and fuel filter and not it does this...any help will be appreciated.
  • andyrogers442andyrogers442 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry everyone.My problem went away, don't know why but it did
  • rranerrraner Member Posts: 1
    I have a '95 k2500 silverado 6.5 turbo diesel 4x4 with around 250,000+ miles on it. The beginning of February I drove it one morning and everything was fine. left for home in the evening still fine. Stopped to do something then went to turn it on (belched black smoke) and it stalled almost immediately. This happened several times in a row. Waited on a mechanic to show up and by the time he got there it started up and ran fine. Got almost home and it stalled out again. Next day this happened again and it stalled out while I was driving this time. Started it up just fine but no smoke this time. Its now the middle of March and I just got the money up to replace the lift pump drive (been sitting since February). Put it on last night, drove it today and still after 30 minutes the truck wants to die. Last year I had to replace the fuel pump 2-3 times. If I replace it again will this solve the issue? I'm at the limit of what I know to do. Does anyone have any suggestions please?
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Black smoke means the engine is getting more fuel than it can handle (diesel tuners used to pride themselves on how much black smoke they could generate with fueling boxes). It almost sounds like your stalling is due to fuel flooding. You'll probably need to mount a fuel pressure gauge and check to see if you're in spec - it could also be your fuel pressure regulator that's failing.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • sb8807sb8807 Member Posts: 1
    my 99 chevy silverado 4x4 5.3L v8 has for a while been stalling out while im driving down the road. i will be driving along and suddently you feel the truck begin to slow in speed, the throttle doesnt respond and when you come to a complete stop the RPMs which usually run around 1000 are down to 250. i have to turn off the truck and wait a few minutes then restart, this doesnt always work and have to wait longer periods of time. after the RPMs return to 1000 my truck will creep along like its trying to go before you feel the truck suddenly begin to accelarate and runs fine before the problem persist. have changed spark plugs, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel filter. have also recently replaced the starter. any suggestions.
  • mextexdadmextexdad Member Posts: 1
    Might be a knock sensor. A malfunctioning knock sensor could cause ignition timing to be too far advanced, which would cause the "clattering" sound and drivability issues. If that is the problem, it should run fairly well at higher speeds and light loads. Might be able to verify with timing light.
    Have you cleaned your throttle body lately? Now might be a good time.
  • tcc1973tcc1973 Member Posts: 1
    I've never had this problem with my Silverado, but I have seen this with my other vehicle(99 Chrysler LHS) and like you, I changed a lot of sensors before I got to the Throttle Position Sensor. Some days it would run fine, other days it would bog down and stall. Definitely test and/or replace the TPS.
  • 2013ltz622013ltz62 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2013 6.2 and i have 2 issues, biggest issue is at slight acceleration the engine stumbles/hesitates/misses which you can feel as well as the tach goes up and down 100 or so rpm, no codes, was told by the dealer i need to wait till it throws a code....it bothered the hell out of me so i brought it back to the dealer, the tech hooked up a handheld scanner and 20 seconds later he said it needs a cam? since it wasnt a consistent hesitation and no back firing plus it ran great wot it was hard to believe, i questioned him and he said he has done 200 cams in this engine, i asked if he meant the 5.3 etc? he said no the 6.2? he said he "wasnt 90% sure it needs a cam but he was 100% sure", i said a cam sensor {still not thinking it needs a cam}, he said no,a cam, it would take 3 days-did i want to leave it, i said no then i said the reason i bought the 6.2 because i thought the 6.2 l series platform was proven to be a good engine and it was a high hp engine with the roller cam etc, he said the roller lifters get slightly turned in the plastic lifter guides and the roller cuts a groove in the cam...i could not believe what i was hearing after 2000 miles....now what? ANY HELP IS NEEDED, THANKS EVERYONE
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    A 2013 with only 2000 miles is fully under warranty. At long as it's no cost to you, let him do the cam.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • dsavoy23dsavoy23 Member Posts: 1
    I've also got a 93 Silverado Z71. Mine will cut off when I put into reverse and sometimes at idol. It shuts off and I lose power steering, breaks, and check battery comes up. Almost like I was out of gas. But it would start back up with no problems. It's currently in the shop and I haven't heard back from them on what they think is going on. It sounds real strange and I'm glad to find others with the same problem
  • lprimolprimo Member Posts: 1
    While driving my 99 silverado in hot weather (110) i have to rlease the gas pedal to shift from first gear to second gear. This does not happen unless it is very hot outside. I dont have any check engine lights on and when i took it to my mechanic he said the temp on the transmisson looked good and of course when he took it for a spin it shifted correctly without a problem. Any idea what it might be.
  • 2013ltz622013ltz62 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2013 silverado that needs a harness, its been ordered for 2 weeks already and it wont be available for at least 2 more weeks! wth.A WHOLE MONTH+ JUST SITTING THERE WAITING ON 1 PART FROM BIG OLD GM, ...i called gm {government motors} in detroit and the generated a case number, they called and said there is nothing they can do, its going to take a whole month to get this part because the ones they have are for new trucks being built!!! she had the typical i dont give a sh.. attitude.... THE 1 TIME I TRY A CHEVY INSTEAD OF A FORD I GOT BIT IN THE [non-permissible content removed].. GM {GOVERNMENT MOTORS} AND CHEVY CAN KISS MY [non-permissible content removed], A WHOLE MONTH TO GET A PART FOR A BRAND NEW TRUCK!! THEY SUCK AND WHY WE BAILED THEM OUT IS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE GOVERNMENT ATTITUDE, MONEY IS FREE AND REAL PROFIT FROM CUSTOMER SATISFACTION DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.. BUY A FORD! FORD KEPT GOOD BUSINESS GOOD TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER AND DIDN'T PUT THEIR HAND OUT LIKE CHEVY-GM...I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHEVY, ..WAIT TILL YOURS BREAKS DOWN, YOU BETTER HAVE A BACKUP CAR ,IT WONT BE A GM PRODUCT!!

I HAVE FOUND 3 GOOD FORUMS TO POST THIS TRUTH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY OTHER GOOD FORUMS TO POST TO........THANKS FOR LISTENING TO THESE 100% TRUE FACTS
  • slbailesslbailes Member Posts: 3
    i have a 6.2L as well. i have been having an issue with hesitation for about 9 months. i have taken it to 2 dealerships and GM told me today there isn't anythign wrong with it. were they able to resolve your issue by replacing the cam? i don't know what to do, i bought the truck new, it's a 09 and it only started about 9 months ago.
    I have a 2009 silverado 6.2L. I bought it new, and about 9 months ago it started to shift bad. i have been fighting GM to fix it, they replaced the transmission in Feb, however the issue was not resolved. I am at dealership 2 now and GM called me today to tell me that tech support says nothign is wrong with it. The guys at the dealership know there is, but now they are tied down because GM says it's normal. Anyone have any ideas? It's not throwing codes, the data recorder comes back normal. It doesn't do it all the time, but upon acceleration it will hesitate/slip between gears.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi slbailes,

I understand the frustration you're feeling with your vehicle and apologize that the dealership hasn't been able to find the cause of your concerns. Have you spoken to GM Customer Service about this issue? If not, we'd like to set up a customer case for you within our system to document your transmission shifting concerns. If this is of interest to you, please feel free to email me at [email protected] [attn Amber]. Please reference this post and include your full name, VIN, mileage, and dealer. Please feel free to include your screen name as well.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Thanks for responding. The dealership has been working with GM. yesterday the dealership claled me and said that techs (on the phone from GM) can't figure out what is wrong so they said the truck is operating within limits. the dealership is telling them it is flaring and not shifting right. But they said if GM tells them to not do anything they can't. I am calling lawyers today, to sue GM. They can't refuse to fix my truck when the dealership is telling them it's not running within limits. Some guy on the phone who has never seen my truck will not tell me that my truck is fine. I paid $64,000 for my truck, it will be fixed.
    Hi slbailes,

Again, I understand that this situation is highly frustrating for you, and I apologize that your vehicle hasn't been fixed yet. I would be more than happy to take a second look at your case to ensure that every option is being considered to resolve this issue for you. If you decide to hire a lawyer however, I am no longer allowed to assist with this situation.

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • 6_2lsilvy6_2lsilvy Member Posts: 1
    I have this same problem. Mine is a 2010 with 42000 miles. Im ready to trade it for a FORD
    Hey 6_2lsilvy

Have you been working with your dealership for the shifting issue or have they not been able to recreate the problem? If you'd also like for us to start a case for you in our system and try to look more into this situation for you please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • nipomo_mechnipomo_mech Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Hey ya'll. I'm going to start out with I am more of a Ford and Dodge man, although I own a '94 Chevy 1500 Z71 and it has done nothing but let me down.
    I'm helping a friend out with his 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 w/ 4.8 vortec engine(recently bought used) approx. 90,000 miles. It began to stall about 2 weeks ago and today after picking it up from the shop, it stalled in the middle of an intersection after a red light. When it stalled, he described it as, "it started hopping around and shaking. All the electronics shut off and it took about 15 minutes for it fire back up."
    I pretty much have it narrowed down to 3 possible issues; crank shaft position sensor, idle air sensor, altitude sensor. I know that all 3 of those possibilities will not immediately produce an error code, if one at all. I hooked my code reader up to it anyway and I got nothing out of it. These are all fairly probable causes for it to stall. From his description, I am leaning towards the crank shaft position sensor. But why would the crank shaft position sensor cause the electronics to shut down with the ignition on?
    So far I haven't found any issues with the alternator or transmission(that would cause it to stall).
    Does anyone have some advice to throw my way, besides cleaning the sensors and checking the grounds(basic initial diagnosis steps).
    Any useful info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • dcartydcarty Member Posts: 1
    I have a '93 Silverado that shuts off while drivig. After waiting 5-10 minutes it will restart. Does anybody know a solution?
  • far2hipfar2hip Member Posts: 1
    After reading quite a few of the issues many were having here, I figured it would be a good idea to put what I had found after experiencing the very same issues of hesitation in my 1993 GMC K1500 with the 305ci TBI motor. After basically changing about every part in the fuel chain from fuel
    pump to the injectors along with various sensors, the problem ultimately came down to the pick up on the distributor having crumbled magnets. After changing all that we did in the fuel system (which was going to happen in the restoration anyway so I don't feel so bad. Truck only had 74,000 miles on it), after finding the distributor issue and setting the timing, the truck ran like a brand new vehicle. My mechanic friend had just recently had another Chevy truck with a similar issue to what I was experiencing and when he checked the distributor, it had cracks in the pick up magnets as well. Solved the issue right away. So, if you have hesitation issues and have tried all your sensors and still having issues, it is worth taking a look at the pick up magnets in your distributor to look for cracks. From what I was told, this will not trigger a check engine code for some reason. Good luck!!
  • netchevynetchevy Member Posts: 1
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 200,000k+. Started misfiring like it had bad gas. If I filled up the tank it would run OK until the fuel got below a qtr tank then it would misfire. Now it will turnover but won't crank. Added gas, changed the fuel filter. Can hear the pump prime. What next?