Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Trooper Horn Problem

offroadbikeroffroadbiker Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Isuzu
I have a 96 Trooper whose horn has stopped working. When I have the hood up and fuse box cover off, I can hear the relay click when I press the horn button. I swapped the original horn with an aftermarket replacement but still no beep. Any ideas? How would I know if the relay needs replacing?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Can you tell whether the relay is corroded or gummed up?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • offroadbikeroffroadbiker Member Posts: 3
    I took out the relay and it looks brand new. No corrosion or anything on it.
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    Did you check for 12 volts at the horn connector when the horn is pressed? You should check for an open circuit between the relay and the horn. Make sure connector at horn is clean as well. One guys opinion
  • fusionjuicefusionjuice Member Posts: 2
    One of my tires is shot on my 98 trooper. I have been told that i need to get 4 brand new tires so that they are all the same. True? can I get by with two new ones..... thanks
  • offroadbikeroffroadbiker Member Posts: 3
    Replaced the relay and it's honking again.. thanks all for your help.
  • cavercaver Member Posts: 3
    Horn doesn't work.
    1995 Dakota. Relay replaced - twice, to no avail. Power from batt to relay socket okay. Horn grnd good. Horn sounds if jumpered. Ohmmeter shows wire from relay to horn okay, relay to grnd when horn button(s) depressed.
    Stumped!
This discussion has been closed.