Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Camaro Accessories and Modifications

tothetop13tothetop13 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 1998 Camaro Coupe. It has 3.8 motor with a 5 speed transmission. I want to make it a Z28. I know i need a 6 speed tranny and a 350 motor, but what else will i have to do, and do i have to get a different rear end?what advice do you guys have?Lets hear the plan.

Comments

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, tothetop13, and welcome! Another place you might want to ask about this is the Tuner's Forum. Just click the link to get there, and look for one of the Camaro discussions.

Need help getting around? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• carcrzy1d1otcarcrzy1d1ot Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have so many ideas for my 71 camaro that I'm loosing my mind!! Is there a wedsite or software out there that you can see your cars model and pick different paint schemes, wheels, bumpers, grills, etc, etc, etc...hahaha. Thanks!
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    one thing you can do is go to photos and keyword camaro and see a lot of nice cars and maybe get some info. :shades:
  • upnliveupnlive Member Posts: 1
    Have anyone heard of plans for a navigation system for the new camaro? The interior pictures I saw didn't seem to leave much room for a navigation system ... stock or otherwise. Navigation would complete this cruising machine.

Up-and-Live
    i will be surprised if it ever get's built
  • roxieleoroxieleo Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS AND I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY CAMARO. I WANT TO CHANGE OUT THE NTERIOR FROM THE 91' TO THE 98'. ARE THE INTERIORS COMPATIBLE? IF NOT WHY NOT? THANK YOU : )
    the buckets are not a problem as a rule. door panels and rear seats might be. are the rear seats in both cars bench or baby buckets? :)
  • upurkiltupurkilt Member Posts: 1
    does anyone know the weight of my 1981 z28 is , and what reccommended coilover shocks to install
    ??? weight bearing 350,400,450,ect
  • Ralliart88Ralliart88 Member Posts: 1
    I've got a 91 Camaro RS with a LT4 that I want to get more out of, so my question to you guys is should I Turbo or Supercharge it? I dont want to do much fabrication or anything so im thinking a Holly Supercharger with a 383 block, but idk, give me some feedback, Thanks guys.
  • pbaranellopbaranello Member Posts: 36
    My Camaro has the vibration sensor which works fine, along with the standard alarm system.

After I set the alarm either with the key fob or door switch once the door is closed I am now experiencing an extra two short "Horn blasts" after the initial two chirps with flashing lights.

Did not do that before two months ago and there seems to be nothing in the manual for programming :confuse: to correct this!

Any info out there?

Thanks
  • gvbgvb Member Posts: 45
    Just tried to "build my own...." on their website. Have to say it's WEAK in comparison to other dealer websites. No visual image when selecting various tire/rim options, stripes....ect. The color of the car changes, but that's about it. Are there any other websites that does this for the Chevy Camaro? Would really be nice to see what I'm 'building'.
  • robersabelrobersabel Member Posts: 3
    Expecting to receive 2010 Camaro in near future. Interested having fender skirts with matching color manufactured.

Suggestions?

Robert
  • gruntfigruntfi Member Posts: 1
    I have a 78 Camaro 305 ci engine and I am wondering if I can put it into a 68 Camaro Body and Frame.
This discussion has been closed.