Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1994 jeep grand cherokee

davidt5davidt5 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Jeep
i have a 1994 grand cherokee, 129,000 miles, when making a sharp turn such as pulling onto road, or in a parking lot, either forward or back ward, i get this noise in the rear end, , the wheels seem to be spinning at a different speed, ive had the differential service and the oil changed, it helps for a while , but after a few days it starts up again, sometimes if feels like the whole rear end is coming out, it use to do it in the front also, but after service no longer does it, in front, just the rear, the wheels just seem to jerk around help please, david t

Comments

• ssobehtamissobehtami Member Posts: 5
    ijust got a 94 Jeep Grand Cheroke Limited.. 4dr blah blah blah.. 6cyl. that is all i know (so far) what is the body style and what kind of trans do i have on this.. any one know a good site full of info ? kind regards,.
  • ssobehtamissobehtami Member Posts: 5
    i just got a 94 Jeep Grand Cheroke Limited.. 4dr blah blah blah.. 6cyl. that is all i know (so far) what is the body style and what kind of trans do i have on this.. any one know a good site full of info ? kind regards,.
  • wisecrac99wisecrac99 Member Posts: 2
    Mine was doing it in the front. When I'd turn kinda sharp, usually after going over a bump, the front/right end would jerk in the air as if the wheel was not turning. Then it would release with another jerk, doing it over and over. We checked the ball joint, nothing. We replaced the CV joint, still did it. Turns out that the lower "I don't know what it is" was bone dry on grease. In fact, the "whatever" had water coming out of it. My help pumped it full of grease, and it hasn't happened since. Now, I've no clue about the rear-end, nor do I know much about what I'm talking about, but as a troubleshooting method, I'd start by greasing everything that should be greased. Hope that helps.
  • lookmanolookmano Member Posts: 1
    Please what could have cuased the check engine light to be permanetly on in the dash board?
    If you have experienced it, how do you go about it?.
  • tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    go to auto zone have them read the fault codes and then go from there
    when you have light on there fault codes in the computer wright them down then let us know what they are then can poss help you
  • kw452kw452 Member Posts: 1
    David,

you probably should get the gears in the rear-ends checked.
    i just bought the same jeep, and the woman i bought it from said the same things you had said, the noises, etc;. We are in the process of locating a rear end to fix it.
    get it checked before you blow the gears out, as it is quite dangerous to drive that way. making sharp turns often cause this problem. assuming that your jeep has quadritrac, sharp turns cause the front and back tires to turn at different speeds and can damage the 4WD gears in the rear-ends, and it will cause the wheels to spin at differnt speeds. Right now, only the back tires spin on my jeep. Hope this helps!">link title
This discussion has been closed.