Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Drive Indicator Lights

alacrvalacrv Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
Has anyone experienced the Drive (D) indicator light going out on a 2003 crv? All other lights, R for reverse, N for nuetral, D1 for 1st etc, still work. When you move the lever into the D slot, the CR-V drives just fine, but the light is out. Is there a fuse (manual doesn't indicate there is), and has anyone ever tried to replace the bulb under that panel? Any advice or info appreciated.

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Has anyone experienced the Drive (D) indicator light going out on a 2003 crv? All other lights, R for reverse, N for nuetral, D1 for 1st etc, still work. When you move the lever into the D slot, the CR-V drives just fine, but the light is out. Is there a fuse (manual doesn't indicate there is), and has anyone ever tried to replace the bulb under that panel? Any advice or info appreciated.

You need to remove the gauge cluster to get to the bulb. The bulbs are all mounted from the back PCB of the cluster. Take 15 minutes to do it. The bulb is about $1 at the dealer. As an alternative, you can just swap the bulbs with another gear indicator. It is important to have the "D" bulb functional as it is the diagnostic light for the transmission (blinking "D" indicates problem with transmission, as per Manual).

There are 2 screws, one in the fuse box, and one in the coin box holding the lower dash cover in place. Remove screws and pull the cover up, not out, but up, there is a bunch of clips that you don't want to break. Once you remove the lower dash cover, remove the gauge bezel, it is just snapped in place. There are 3 screws holding the gauges cluster in place. Two at the base, one on top. Remove those, and pull out the cluster slightly, reach in with your hand and squeeze and pull out the right connector, the left connector has longer wire. Pull the cluster out some more, squeese and remove the left connector. You will see the bulbs in their holders on the back of the PCB.

If you need more pictures. head over to HondaSUV and look me up, I did a detailed write up on converting amber gauges to reverse indiglo, with pictures.
  • alacrvalacrv Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much...that is the best information, and corrective description I've ever seen...and it is most helpful.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Thank you very much...that is the best information, and corrective description I've ever seen...and it is most helpful.

Glad could help.

If you are going to be working on your vehicle from now on, invest in a Helm's Manual. You can get them directly from Helm corp (there is an order form in the back of the Owner's Manual), or their website www.helminc.com or buy a used one on ebay for slightly less.
This discussion has been closed.