Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn VUE No Start

Comments

• bythelakebythelake Member Posts: 1
    I expect more from a $28,000 car with less than 40,000 miles. Had my car packed last month for a trip to North Carolina and turned the key and nothing. The car wouldn't start. I called Classic where I take my car and the service man told me it was probably the battery. Ok. I called for a jump. I took it to Auto Zone thinking bad battery. Nice guy did a diagnostic test on battery/starter/etc, nothing showed wrong. I took my trip afraid to turn the car off. Okay, maybe car was having a bad day. Month later, tonight I am ready to go to the store and the car won't start. Now I'm disgusted. I called for a jump again. Wouldn't start. Lights come on and I hear click, click, click. Tomorrow I have it towed to the dealer and will take some of the comments with me that I have read tonight.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Did you end up bringing your vehicle to the dealership? How did this go?

Looking forward to an update,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • vue2002vue2002 Member Posts: 2
    In August, 2002 Saturn Vue would start but not turn over ... Body Control Module was draining the battery and was replaced for a whopping $395. Here we are four months later and again, the same problem! Called AAA who stated that the battery was fine ... it was the relay. As a stopgap he switched rear wiper relay for fuel relay ... ran the car for a while ... and told me to drive it to repair. It's pre-New Year's Eve ... Hyundai closed early but I did drive around for 15 minutes ... made a stop ... turned it off and back on again. Two questions: 1) will it turn over tomorrow, and 2) is it a simple minimal cost relay or a faulty BCM? I'll post after returning to Hyundai.
  • 442dude442dude Member Posts: 373
    Sounds like the relay is bad - Its likely that the relay that they switched the wiper one for was the fuel pump relay...bring the relay to your local auto parts store and get a new one and install it yourself...may likely solve your problem. Its as easy as unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in - the part should be under $ 25.

Good Luck
  • ahadziahadzi Member Posts: 2
    My 08 saturn vue wont crank but the iginition lights on the dashboard is ok and can see a padlock locked to a car in the dashboard.How do i unlock and start my car.
    The "padlock locked to a car" light you are describing indicates that your vehicle likely has a content theft-deterrent alarm system. Are you planning on visiting a dealership to have this looked into?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ahadziahadzi Member Posts: 2
    Sarah, can you recommend a dealership in Ghana, West Africa? i dont know of one yet.
    I looked in the resources I have, but have found that we don't have information for Ghana, nor am I able to refer you to any Customer Assistance for your country. I apologize for that, and I hope that the very technically savvy posters of Edmunds are able to assist!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Make sure that your battery is good - I've heard of issues where the battery had enough juice to light the dash lights but not enough to power all of the electronic gizmos including the anti theft system.

Even with the padlock lit the car should crank if the battery is ok, it just won't keep running. Post back - I'll check in.

Good Luck
  • cmw1utcmw1ut Member Posts: 1
    Ok, this sounds like a reoccurring theme. We've owned this car since August, and has become our only vehicle (other was totaled). Tonight is the second time our Vue won't start. Both times, the temperature has been really cold. The car starts, lights turn on, but lasts for a second, then shuts off. I had to remove the battery connection because the lights wouldn't turn off. (The last time, my friend who rescued my daughter didn't realize the lights were still on, and it killed the battery.) This time I went, and we undid battery cable. Lights went off, and I decided to try the car again after hooking up battery. It started just fine. Also have the same issue of our key sticking in the ignition when we try to remove it. Again, just bought this used, but feel GM should pay for any repairs.
    If you would like for us to establish a Customer Assistance Case, we would be able to evaluate your situation to see what options are available to address this concern. I can't guarantee what the decision will be, but we will be thorough.

Please send us an email (located in my Edmunds profile if you were to click on my username) with your name and Edmunds username, contact information (phone and address, please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • machinehead3machinehead3 Member Posts: 2
    I am an ASE certified auto tech. since 1983.
    I have a doa 2006 Vue 4 cyl. Initially had zero compression from jumped timing chain. Replaced timing chain and lower sprocket. Has good compression now in all 4 luckily and does well on individual cyl. leakdown test. Cranks over good, tries to start like it is hitting on 1 or 2 but won't start. Holds over 60 psi fuel pressure during cranking. Pulled injector rail and verified pulsed fuel spray out of all 4 injectors while cranking. All 4 injectors have identical internal resistance and open and close good under fuel pressure during manual test with jumper wires. Have checked all spark plugs and verified good spark out of all 4 coils with an auxillary wire and spark tester. Replaced crankshaft pos sensor. Strong gas smell after cranking. Did the 30 min. 3 step passlock reset procedure. No "padlock on car" light on dash, just wrench light. Have disconnected battery repeatedly. Pulled, checked, replaced fuses for the computer modules, fuel, ign, etc.
    I have ordered an Autech AL-510 scanner but have not yet done anything to diagnose the computer system.
    I have read in here where this symptom of just "trying to start" is common so I'm thinking the computer is keeping it from starting somehow.
    Can the code scanner help with a dead car where the codes are wiped out?
    Does disconnecting the battery actually wipe out ALL codes?
    Does trying different things to start it set erroneous codes?
    Can I use a timing light hooked up to #1 coil to check if the spark is occuring where it should be? I know I would have to find TDC #1 firing stroke and make a mark on crank pully to do this.
    Does the computer alter the timing to keep it from starting somehow?
    I am using a Haynes manual for this car and comprehensive mechanics tools.
    Thanks in advance for your "expert" input but please don't ask questions that I have already answered in my lenghty description of the situation.
  • vue2002vue2002 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for responding. First went to dealer with an estimated cost of $150 IF "that's what it is". What did I have to lose? Went to Salvo got a relay ($14.70 - what a deal!). As I popped the hood a Salvo employee came outside, spent some time listening to the car and suggested that since the car was starting/turning over to postpone replacing relay until the instance re-occurs.

AAA saved me towing and a hefty dealer repair price AND Salvo provided great customer service and a $14.70 part price. Great start to a New Year!
  • croom74croom74 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I'm new to Edmunds and also new to Saturn product line. My son recently totaled my car so I 'm in search of a replacement and saw a 2007 Vue Hybrid for sale. I was not able to find out more about how this particular implementation of hybrid is being done and/or what are the most likely parts it will need to be replace as the car get older (it's 6 yrs old already). Most importantly the cost to fix as I read some of the comments/reviews in Edmunds, seems to be expensive items. Like stuts, steering, ignition etc ... I also saw there's actually a GM rep monitor this forum ... which I think it's great that they can have first hand knowledge of what users are experiencing and consider important.
    I would like to get an opinion from someone give me some pointers ... a private seller asking for $12,500 with 42K miles on 2007. What should I be prepare to pay for maintanence? I'm expecting to take it to at least 120K (if possible that is).

Thanks in advance.
    edited January 2012
    There's a lot to like about the VUE, especially for a younger driver...its built like a tank, gets decent gas mileage and can be had for a reasonable price...

Here's my opinion: Try to find a 2006-2007 2007 NON Hybrid with the 4cylinder and automatic trans (AVOID 2002-2004 4cylinder automatics - its a long story, just trust me)

The hybrid system has been quirky and due to its design doesn't achieve the lofty MPGs that you would hope for anyway. The 4 cylinder without the hybrid system will give MPGs in the mid 20s and is a solid if simple drivetrain.

The front suspension is typically where you will spend your repair $...the factory OEM struts aren't very good, nor are the strut bearings or swaybar links...some have replaced wheel bearings as well but this seems more prevalent in the rust belt states so depending on where you live you may or may not have a problem...The OEM brake rotors are known to be prone to warping...the permanent fix is to replace them with a name brand that is not AC Delco and you solve the problem. That's how I fixed it on both of my GM cars.

The 2006-2007 has a nicer interior than the earlier models and is also quieter in the cabin...

IMHO $12,500 for a 2007 Vue is kind of high, even with 42K miles...I bet you could do better with some more looking around and by not buying the hybrid version. Saturn resale values are the pits since they're not around anymore...you may not care since you're looking to hold on to it anyway, but that should allow you to get a better deal up front.

BTW - the Vue has a BAS hybrid system...Here's a link to learn more about how it works: link title

Best of luck - feel free to post back with any other questions...I hope I've helped...BTW - I've owned my 2004 Vue (4cylinder/5 speed manual trans) for the past 5 years so I can give you more insight if you need.
  • croom74croom74 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you so much for the post and it sure gave me lot of info. Especially on the link to BAS. I also saw a recall during 2008 because of the battery leaks. I gather if I decided to get a Vue, I should ask about if the battery was replaced. BTW, what's the rough cost and normal life of the battery anyway? I also think the asking price was little higher than I researched on Edmunds, KBB and Nada. Personally, I think it should be around $10,500 to $11,000, just a guess. I have not found too many Vue yet around my area (Austin, TX), so I think I'll take a drive on this one and see how it feel. Thanks again for your pointers.
  • machinehead3machinehead3 Member Posts: 2
    Ok I got an Autech AL510 scanner and used it. There are no codes stored or other faults indicated. Did the key on for one hour thing, still no start. There is a red engine light on instrument panel lit up.
    I'm not really sure about the hybrid batteries' cost as I don't have one so I've never shopped it around....

Best of luck with your shopping...keep looking, you'll find a 2006-2007 that works for you - they built and sold a lot of them....

:shades:
  • drayarenaydrayarenay Member Posts: 1
    HEY! You are very accurate! More info on the Saturn 2004. I'm considering purchasing one. Someone tried to sell me one (over priced) but I've been in love since my rear sat in the seat!!! I've been running ragged. I found a 2004 Saturn Vue with 83,000+ miles on it for $6,000. I'm a 23 year old girl. I pretty much do what I'm told when it comes to taking care of a car! Any thoughts !?
    Hi - I'm glad to help. Here's what you need to know about the 2004 Vue.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO READ EVEN IF YOU SKIP THE REST:

Do not under any circumstances purchase a 2002-2005 4 cylinder Vue with an automatic transmission. This transmission has been VERY prone to failure and you'll be lucky to get 6 months out it. Google "saturn VTI transmission" if you don't believe me and read the horror stories. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT...most used car dealers know this and will do almost anything to get you to buy one of these...Don't fall for it!

That being said: the 4 cylinder automatics in the 2006-2007 model year were much better units and are as reliable as anything on the road. They are a little more expensive b/c they are newer but well worth it.

OK, we got that out of the way - Here's everything else you need to know:

The 04 Vue was offered with a 4 cylinder and a manual transmission, this has been a very reliable combination. The shifter isn't the best so if you've never driven one before its a tough one to learn on. If you like manual transmissions, you'll enjoy this one though. You'll get MPGs in the mid 20s and although its not the fastest ride on the street, you won't have any trouble keeping up with traffic. And the 4cylinder will give you all it has right up to the redline! There are plenty of these that went over 200,000 miles with few repairs. One weak spot has been the clutch slave cylinder which is an expensive part to replace...but this is much more common on pre-2004 manual transmission models.

There was also a 6 cylinder/automatic transmission offered. It is a Honda engine and transmission. Same as they used in the Odyssey. Very reliable and some report it gets better MPGs than the 4 cylinder, especially on the highway. You will have to change the timing belt and water pump every 90,000 miles - about an $800.00 job, but otherwise, very few issues with this combo. If you're looking at one with more than 90,000 miles, ask to see the service receipt that shows the timing belt being changed. Expect to pay a little more for the 6 cylinder as the word is out that GM bought it from Honda and that its a good unit. One caveat though: the transmission is really picky about clean fluid. Expect to change it every 25,000 miles for best performance. There have also been some torque converter issues with these but all in all its been a good unit.

4 and 6 cylinder models were also offered with All Wheel Drive. The unit that they used in the Vue is a very lightweight unit and is known to need repairs from time to time, especially with the driveshaft and driveshaft bushing. If you don't REALLY need AWD...don't get it as its just one more system to break. I don't have it on mine but they say it doesn't work too well anyway...

The weak points in the 04 Vue are certainly the front brakes and front suspension system, regardless of which model. The front brake rotors tend to warp rather quickly...this is easily remedied by NOT using the AC Delco parts but instead by replacing them with quality aftermarket parts.

The front suspension also has some issues: The front OEM struts are not good units and will be shot by 70,000 miles if not sooner. And they're noisy too. There are also reported issues with the front swaybar links being noisy - fortunately they are inexpensive to replace.

I won't mention styling as that's really subjective but is should be said that the 2004+ Vues are a lot quieter in the cabin than the earlier ones. There was also an appearance and interior upgrade on the 2006-2007 models.

Since you like the Vue...also consider looking at the Chevrolet Equinox and the Pontiac Torrent. They are built on the same platform and are similar in size and have much nicer interiors than the Vue.

I hope this helped - please feel free to post back with any questions.

All the Best!!! :shades:
  • saturngirl02saturngirl02 Member Posts: 1
    I was driving in a rainstorm and all of the sudden my car started smoking from under the hood. I pulled over and some people assisted me and opened the hood and the fuse block was melting (smoking) a gentleman actually risked his life and disconnected the battery cables to stop the melting of the fuse box in the middle of the rain! does anyone know how much the fuse block would be to replace and the procedure after replacing it also has this happened to anyone else?
    I hope is not expensive since I am in my last semester of student teaching and have not had a job this whole year!
  • kingcatkingcat Member Posts: 13
    Please catch your breath after that nasty incident.

What happened to your Vue is a very unusual event. The fuse box caught fire because something shorted to ground.

Most electrical circuits are well designed and will trip a breaker or blow a fuse if shorted.

Saturn vehicles do not simply explode or do what you experienced.

How could this happen? My first guess would be the car would probably be
    classified as a total for insurance purposes.

Fuse boxes do not simply over heat without some one changing the fuse values or adding a un fused cable.

My suggestion is write that vehicle off and find a safer SUV. We owned Saturn's for 12 years and they do not have any electrical or mechanical problems. They are serviced as per the manufactures manual.

That car is ten years old. Saturn cars have a better reputation then a fuse box melting. Be careful who you have selected to repair that Vue. :sick:
  • bmioskiebmioskie Member Posts: 1
    Been dealing with issues with my 2003 Saturn Vue for 3 months now. First time, car would start and stay on for a second, then immediately shut off. Mechanic found nothing wrong...... They got it running and it worked for a week. Then, same issue, only this time noticed that the gas gauge would not budge from 'E' and I knew I just filled the tank the day before. Dealer thought it was a fuse - they replaced that for a whopping $202. Thought issue was fixed. Same issue about a week and a half later.......... took it to a local mechanic that I swear by -- they thought it might the computer system, but they weren't 100% sure..... Car sat for 2 weeks until they finally recommended a dealer that deals with Saturns (only one in my area that I know of -- Central Jersey btw!), so I had it towed there for $100...... just got car back on Saturday and it was running wonderfully until last night :( Same freaking issue. They had replaced 2 fuel pumps and the battery for $925 only to have the same issue creep up 4 days later!! Informed the dealer this am that THEY were getting the car towed back to them (and they did!) and just waiting now to hear what they plan on doing. Totally frustrating!! :confuse: :mad:

Suggestions? Others with same issue? Hadn't had any real issues with car until this all started......
    Thanks!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    bmioskie,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. Please keep me updated on what happens at the dealer. Please feel free to email me directly at SocialMedia@GM.com. Please include your VIN, current mileage, and Edmunds username. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • tomwinmobiletomwinmobile Member Posts: 1
    Hey, Leonardh!
    I have one of those V6s and it's refusing to start when hot, after say a 13 mile drive here in the deep South. Mine is a 2003 Vue, automatic. It has an aftermarket catalytic converter, but my trusted mechanic says there is nothing wrong with those.

Had this about 3.5 year, 150,000 miles. After cooling down maybe 20+ minutes it starts right back up. No obvious electrical problems: all interior and dashboard functions are normal. Firestone mechanic found a loose battery cable after the first time and did a corrosion control service on it, and checked out the charging system etc. All checks OK.

It did it again yesterday evening: 3rd time. Am i probably looking at a module?
  • lilah27lilah27 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am the owner of a saturn vue. Got it at a car auction so right off the bat I knew I was taking a risk. I bought the car in Febraury. Ran fine did awesome then about 3months ago the gas gauge just stopped workin. I figured I just bought some bad gas somewhere. After about 2 weeks it started working again. In the meantime it started to die on me at stop lights no often maybe once a week. Well it has gotten worse now. Dying everyday on me everyday now, when I am at red lights or when it is in reverse. My father had thought it was vapor locking but we dont think so now. We are thinking it is the crankshaft position censor. Fuel pump is good, spark plugs are good so im just asking for any help thanks!!
  • gregoryj13gregoryj13 Member Posts: 1
    I bought this 08 Saturn Vue because my wife and I were expecting our first child and I wanted them to be able to travel in a safe and reliable car. I bought an 08 with 30,000 miles on it and I figured with the low miles and the warranty my pregnant wife would be safe. So far I've had: to replace the stabilizer links, replace the tires, the hood doesn't stay latched, the seat heater doesn't work, airbag light stays on for a while then shuts off.
    Now the car won't even start!! I despise this car and I despise GM even more for ripping people off, this car obviously has problems, so why sell it?????
    Hello gregoryj13,
    We're sorry that your new Vue has been problematic (although our congratulations on your first child!). Are you working with your GM dealership on getting this addressed? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with you! We can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • pat12405pat12405 Member Posts: 2
    I have 08 Saturn vue I love the car have had no major problems till now. The key is stuck in the ignition, the steering wheel is not locked, it is stuck in park the key will turn to start but makes no noise at all. No lights or dinging noise, nothing. Key will not turn back to acc to remove it. What do I do?
  • charlie623charlie623 Member Posts: 1
    can you not move the steering wheel at all? When I had the problem of key not cxoming out I was able to turn steering wheel and then was able to move key
  • pat12405pat12405 Member Posts: 2
    yes the steering wheel moves, I just bought a new battery the car started right up and the key is free. Its crazy that a dead battery will keep you from being able to remove your key.
  • carissues2carissues2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey i know that this is some time before you posted this but my Saturn Vue 4 cyl 5 speed, same thing has happened to it as it did you so it seems. I have HID headlights, after market radio, 10in sub, and a remote starter in my car. I was driving it and everything was fine but i had to go out that night so when i tried to crank it, it seemed to strain aswell. My first guess was the battery well after trying to jump it and then letting the battery trickle charge all night i got nothing so started to lean towards the starter. I am hoping that you could help seeing how it seems that we had the same problem. If you need to speak via email we can or if your even still registered all help is appreciated thank you.
  • jonc5jonc5 Member Posts: 1
    my 2003 Saturn Vue just cranks when you turn the key. engine will not turn over and the dashlights are off. everything else electrial works: lights, ac, radio. The only way I can get it to start is first by turning the key to the "run" position, then I disconnect the negative cable on the battery. when i reconnect the cable, something clicks in the engine, the dashlights are now on and I can start the car only once. Is this a computer problem? Does anyone know how much it is to replace, can i do it myself? :confuse: Thanks for any advice
  • seattlegirl32seattlegirl32 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I have just over 80k miles and never have had an issue. Ran a ton of errands on Monday all was well. Tuesday at 730am she wouldn't start. Power to dash, lights, etc. She sounded like she was trying then just quit. The car has lived all, but 1 year, in Florida or Arizona. Last time I had a battery issue -- 5 years ago -- there were warning signs. Any suggestions?
    If you last replaced your battery 5 years ago its likely time for a new one as they usually only last about 5 years. There is no warning light specific to replacing the battery - they just test it to see how much voltage it has. If its below 12-13v its time to replace.
  • worstcareverworstcarever Member Posts: 1
    ok ..so i bought this car from a used car dealership ..first mistake .. well battery died, replaced it, now no start.. already replaced bcm ..the fuel injectors, and tried to locate all the ground splices and make sure they were securely tightend .. no security light on .. just service soon, water coolant level, and now reduced power... occasionally..u canget the car to start up by cycling the key from off to acc ..but in reduced power mode..and wont go faster than 10 mph ..im at my wits end .. as the dealership says i bought the car "as is" ive had to pay for all this myself ...
    any ideas what to do ? besides junk the car and take the 5,000 loss .....

2002 saturn vue 2.2 automatic
    If you're in reduced power mode there are 2 things to check/repair - accelerator pedal position sensor and throttle position sensor.

Before you throw parts at it you should get the codes read to find out whats causing the service engine light...if you post the error codes it makes it easier to help you too. Will keep an eye out...
  • shepuationshepuation Member Posts: 1
    04' Vue 6cyl. 60k miles. This just randomly happened a few days ago. Engine will not turn over with key, but I can take a screw driver and bypass key and start it up by jumping the starter cylinoid. As if it is not getting juice to the starter by using the key? Starter works, battery is good, Any ideas?
  • bren55bren55 Member Posts: 1
    2006 Saturn Vue won't start. Battery is fine, I have power windows, lights & radio, and it's less than 6 months old. Tried to jump it anyway, but nothing. It makes absolutely no sound when turning the key. I noticed vapor (smoke?steam?) coming out of the vents the day before, and what I thought was an electrical burning smell, but that stopped and the car continued to run. Then this happened. A friend ran a scan with a hand held device and code "P1599 idle control" came up. Had car towed to nearby independent station, and they say that won't cause the car to not start. So what could the problem be? He says no codes are coming up when he scans? Is it the starter? Any suggestions???
  • kimeyakimeya Member Posts: 1
    After reading this forum, I consider myself blessed that my 2005 Vue has not had some of the issues I've seen. For the most part, it has been a source of safe and reliable transportation with very little issue until now. This is the first time it has not worked and I have put considerable mileage on it since I purchased it in 2006. On Friday, when I started it, it sputtered a little, but once I pressed the gas, it proceeded, although it took a great deal of time and lots of gas pedal acceleration to get up to speed so that the automatic transmission would shift into the next gear (unusual). Still, I was able to make it to work, just had to use much more energy on the drive there. I thought I might be seeing a transmission problem surfacing, but to be sure that I wasn't driving with the car in between gears, I switched to neutral when I reached a stop light, switched back to drive and proceeded on with no problems, not even the problem of slow acceleration. After a few hours at work, I went out to leave for an offsite meeting - started the car - it was on, but sputtered off quickly. Then it would not restart. It turned over consistently and all battery related things work, tank full of gas, but car would not catch to fire engine up to go. Coworker did visual inspection and saw nothing wire related. Thinks it is the ignition module. Could that be true and if so, what kind of cost would I be seeing for this repair?
  • mcgroommcgroom Member Posts: 1

I have a 2003 Saturn Vue 3L automatic, and I have owned this Saturn for 10 years - it has 185K miles on it and has had little problems until now (although last year the ignition lock cylinder had to be replaced). I can get the engine to crank, but not turn over. It has been in two different shops, one being a GM dealership that is the only place that services Saturns anymore, and no one has been able to diagnose the problem. They performed a loaded battery test, a voltage drop load test - no problem found with the battery (only 1year old) and started every time at the dealer. We bring it home, it ran for two days, and this morning the same thing happened! As an owner of two Saturns (the first was an SL1) I have constantly heard complaints about the electrical and computer systems in these vehicles, and I think I've finally had it. Why can't they recall ALL these cars???

• rayderfnrayderfn Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Saturn Vue, it recently started messing up. We would stop at a stop light and it would start dropping RPMs and seemed like it was choking. So we got a oil change, got the fuel system cleaned and a tune up. Now once we turn the car on it starts knocking and today we tried to start the car is died. Any help?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Was the oil change and tune up performed at an independent shop? Sorry for any trouble you've experienced with your Saturn VUE, rayderfn. If you'd like to send your VIN, mileage and contact information via private message we can try to assist.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • keytab_112keytab_112 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my 2008 Saturn Vue a week a ago I absolutely love the car but I had a incident on yesterday I was leaving from an event that I had went to start the car and it didn't do anything so im confused because the car was working fine, then the second attempt it started but no lights on the dash the radio worked and lights in the car also worked but now as im looking on my dash its indicating that im empty and I had the yellow symbol of a car and key inside it  and a red seatbelt or maybe airbag symbol and another yellow symbol with punction mark with wavy line under it I knew I just fill the tank up the day before that so I make it to gas station car off and now lights are on the dash, so I start up again everything Is normal but I have the letter c blinking drove car a lil now its like nothing ever happen please help has anyone experience this?
  • aimeewoodsaimeewoods Member Posts: 3
    2004 Saturn Vue manual transmission. Purchased 2005 with 30K miles. Had to replace slave cylinder and ignition switch at 40K miles and leaking gas tank at around 60K miles. I was so frustrated that I was about to give up on Saturns, but then we had a span of 6 good years with few problems. Our Vue is now at 150K miles and I just replaced the right wheel bearing, serpentine belt and battery last month. The odometer light burned out. Then suddenly, last night, my battery light intermittently comes on. Took her to Autozone and altenator/battery both checked out fine. We were 60 miles away from home so we decided to cut our trip short and turn around. We made it 45 miles and the entire dashboard lit up (ABS/traction/service light). The battery died and we had to have her towed 15 miles home. Now our Vue obviously won't start because the battery is completely drained. I'd prefer not to spend another $1,000 figuring out what's wrong after just dumping $700 on the other repairs. I've come down to either the BCM... a bad ground wire to battery... or possibly a bad altenator (last resort). Just extra info: There's a burning scent (like burnt cheerios) after an extended time of driving.
  • sn1p3rsn1p3r Member Posts: 2
    05 VUE 4 cyl AWD Same issues here but finally got it to stay running but the lights power steering radio ect keep going out. Any ideas what this could be from? Not fuses or BCM? Im thinking something in the steering/ ignition area seeing as when i shake the wheel it often fixes the problem. Loose Wire?? If so whitch one?
  • sn1p3rsn1p3r Member Posts: 2
    Also I Replaced/Checked all Relays and fuses this fixed the dying after a second issue for those of you who havent tried that
  • tdelgado62tdelgado62 Member Posts: 1
    It seems like every Saturn has same problems.This a case for a good recall.It should be call CRANKS NO START.
    I HAVE A 2004 SATURN VUE 2.2L.First issue was BUT TEANSMISSION GAVE OUT THANKS TO GOD A HAD WARRANTY AND STILL I PAID $1500 out of pocket.Then the 2 issue was ignition key that had a RECALL AND WAS TAKING CARE OF.THEN A PROBLEM WITH IGNITION COIL MODULE,HAD IT REPLACED.THEN CENTER LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF,Couldn't find PROBLEM so I took off bulb.Now my car starting backfiring,so I changed sparks plugs and ignition control module.NOW THE CAR DOESN'T START AFTER LEAVING KEY ON POSITION.CHANGED BATTERY NOTHING,CHANGED STARTER NOTHING.DID THE TEST,NOTHING.
    ANY SUGGESTION.?
  • tydie01tydie01 Member Posts: 1
    I am having similar issues only just before this my inside lights stayed on so i removed the fuse because i couldnt figure out what was keeping them on. When the car was off it would make this clicking noise not sure where it was coming from but it stopped when i removed the fuse but now 1 month later car cranks but wont start. Will try that reset method and see if that works. Seems to me this may be a recall issue everyone on here is have same issue..how do i find out if there is a recall on these issues?jarheadwarren said:
    Does you daughter open the door with the key with the security system armed? If so, this may be why the car is acting funny. You can change the mode on the security system to stop this from happening (if in fact this is the problem). Look in the owners manual, it tells you how to change the mode on the security system. I seem to remember reading in my wife's manual that if the system is set to arm automatically, after the door is closed or if you arm it with the remote, you have to unlock and disarm the security system with the remote before opening the door. Other than that I am not sure. Good luck. The problem I had was the car would crank over but not start.

• saddy88saddy88 Member Posts: 1
    2004 Saturn Vue wont start previously filled with antifreeze cause coolant light came on but found out there was a leak before I can get it home the car gives out on me had to tow it home now it clicking when i try to start it up and the interiors and exterior light's are blinking but car doesnt come on anyone has any idea what can be wrong?