Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Evo vs Acura RSX

supra33202supra33202 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Acura
Right now, I am deciding if I should keep my RSX Type S for a year or two or I should trade in my new RSX for the used EVO IX.

2006 Acura RSX Type S - 14K miles - brought new for one year for $25K - trade-in $18K
2006 EVO IX - 13K miles - $27K

I am not sure what to do now. I can afford the EVO IX, but I would not have much money left each month. So finanically, I am ok.

I want to keep the EVO for a year or two, and then trade in for another car.

Basically, I like to drive many different cars like Mazda RX-8, Mazadaspeed 3, Nissan 350Z, Civic Si, Honda Fit, VV GTI, STi, etc. However, I still like my RSX.

If EVO X actually release, would the price of EVO IX drop much lower? Should I wait or get the EVO IX now? Or should I just keep my RSX for 2 more years since I only have the RSX for one year?

Thanks!

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Wait for the Evo X and buy yourself one. You can't go wrong with that.
  • eric49ereric49er Member Posts: 3
    buy the EVO X....i wish i could...i have a 08 Lancer GTS
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Or he could actually wait for the 09 Lancer Ralliart, to be launched after the Evo X
  • nawaznawaz Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a new '06 evo ix mr edition..And I have no regrets on getting the car. However, I wouldn't trade your rsx for the evo. The evo is the better car for sure, but getting a used car may not be the way to go. You don't know the car from the beginning. You know your rsx, and it's not a bad car at all. There is no doubt that you will feel more confident and safe in staying with your original car because it has been with you since the beginning. Trading for the used car is a risk, maybe not a big risk, but it still is a risk. i would stick with your rsx for a while longer. if you want a car, always buy it new and you will always know your car from day one.
  • rav4killarav4killa Member Posts: 13
    r.s.x. for a evo? heck yeah, dont matter if it is 8,9 or x. c'mon dude, i, know you want that "evo's" raw power.(unless your r.s.x. is super charged)
    hi everyone, just want a lil' knowledge about my 08 lancer es pzev. had the car for 1 1/2 yrs. now. installed intake, exhaust , pulley (crank) sunauto hyper grounds and 4 more sunauto stuff, ipr fuel / intake wrap kit and a spark plug (pulstar) now heres the problem: service engine light lit on, re-set it and keeps coming back.dont know what triggered it, but its getting annoying . any suggestion? i, know this thing was lit when i, took it for service, but mitsu. didn't say anything about it. could be the pulstar plugs? (first time pzev owner here..) if it is, then why? any answers will be greatly appreciated.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    if you are near an Autozone apparently they'll read your codes(that are triggering your check engine light) for you for free. You could do that and then see what's wrong. Or not wrong.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

its for free?i, mean this is good to go. i, didn't know autozone do that kind of stuff. hey thnx, definately will check w/ autozone.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    yep, that's one of the things I have learned here in Edmunds. Many members have given other members that very same advice. Hope it can work for you, rav4killa.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• lancer2289lancer2289 Member Posts: 2
    i am now looking for rims for my 2009 lancer and i know first hand i need feedback cause they always look good on the shelf but then they look totally different on the car.. so any feedback from lancers owners that have rims.. my lancer is black...
  • lancer2289lancer2289 Member Posts: 2
    wat can i do to stop the pulse voltage to my headlights because i have got HIDs now and they flicker,
This discussion has been closed.