Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Accessories

larrykeithlarrykeith Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Mazda
Does anyone know if the new 2008 accessories will work or fit on the 2007 model? I am interested in the following new accessories.

Areo Package
Under Guard Package (front & rear)
Stainless Scuff Plates

Thanks.

Comments

• carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    General dealer-installed or aftermarket accessory topic.

First lesson learned: Shop around before committing to the $40 Mazda windshield sunscreen. It is custom-made and extra-tall for the CX-7's windshield, but it is not stiff at all and does not support itself well - meaning, it sags and droops, and will eventually fall out.

I junkily added some cardboard supports to mine to help it, but it looks cobbled-up, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody! :)

-c92
    Lesson Learned #2:
    Bought a set of splash guards from my Mazda dealer (rear only; that seemed to be where they were woefully needed.)

Installation is a cinch, as I thought it would be - HOWEVER, you do have to remove two fenderwell trim pieces to do the install. During this removal, you have to take out two plastic pin-type fasteners. In hindsight, I know if I'd taken my time, I could have gotten the pins out - but instead, I ended up breaking them. They can't be more than a couple bucks - save yourself a trip and get them in advance, unless you're feeling lucky.
    -c92
  • taz6taz6 Member Posts: 19
    (locking lugs, bumper guard, cargo tray and net)
    Have been waiting for the package for a couple of weeks from my dealer. I thought this would be an in-stock Item but they say all accessories for the CX-7 GT/AWD are on back order. Anyone else waiting or is my dealer playing a game?
    CX-7 AWD/GT base model
    My dealer is offering a remote starter and alarm system for $500. They tell me it is a MAZDA product, but will not work with my existing keyless entry system ( I will have two remote units). Usually I have this installed for half that price independently, but being this is the first production year I am hesitant to have someone outside the dealer touch the vehicle. Anyone have this system?
    I had to wait the first two weeks of August for mine, so I think it's an unfortunate but legitimate claim.

If I had it to do over again, I might not have gotten them as a package: I haven't found much use for the net, and the net and tray both get in the way of spare tire cavity access. Bumper guard looks better than I thought it would, but chances are I wouldn't ever load anything that would damage the paint into the car anyway.
    The package was part of the negotiated price on the sale. I always push for something extra to see where I stand. If you ask for the option and they eagerly agree, then there is more room in the price than they originally said.
    I did the same thing. Point is, if I had to do it over again, I'd negotiate something else. Even for "free" I probably could have found something more useful in the accessories catalog. If you make a big enough stink, they CAN get stuff overnighted... Hope you get your stuff soon.

-c92
    So I'm hand-washing my car this morning, and to my surprise, one of my dealer-installed locking lug nuts has flown off the wheel. It's just gone. To boot, it has left a mark on the wheel where it impacted as it came off at speed.

I went around the car and the three remaining wheel locks were all obviously below the specified torque.

Now, knowing that the same guy at the dealership installed my trailer hitch, it begs the question, "How tight are the bolts on THAT?"

I will be at my dealer tomorrow morning, irate, and I will let them know how I feel about them putting me in harm's way. I hope it's an isolated incident, but it would only take 5 minutes for you to make sure your locks are tight... Good luck.
    Locking lugs are always a nice touch. The cargo tray is as cheap as it gets, but that was reflected in the price. The cargo net needs more cargo hooks, it has limited use as it is. The bumper guard was damaged on delivery and is being re-ordered.
    Now I see why the dealership threw this in to close the deal. Must of cost them $50 for the package.
  • nmknmk Member Posts: 111
    OK gang, has anyone other than myself thought of exchanging the blower from a speed6 and gain an increase in both HP and torque?

Is there another way to gain these increases with out really blowing out the engine?

Thanks for any input.

NMK
    Unless you really want a LOT more power, there is probably no reason to swap out the blower. Most likely you can bump up your HP by 30-50 just by swapping a ECU chip when and if someone starts making them for the CX-7. Shouldn't be more than around $500 or so. If available, a chip, cold-air intake, and exhaust pieces could find 50 HP in this big four-cylinder easy.

If you need more than the 30-50 HP range, you are talking about really stressing the engine and swapping out parts - and at that point, there would be no reason to buy off-the-shelf Mazda parts i.e. 'Speed 3 or 6 pieces...

And, of course, there's always putting a bag of ice on the intercooler... :D
    Carlitos92:
    Thanks for your input. My thoughts were that if I could use the other blower, it would at least be an all Mazda engine. Now if I can only the the dealer to do it under warranty.....

Of course the cost of the swap is a great deal more than replacing a chip.

Thanks again.

NMK
  • cocoagyrl77cocoagyrl77 Member Posts: 4
    I have everything except the cargo tray. The dealer is saying that it is on nationwide back order.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    I received my CX-7 cargo tray about a week after ordering. (11.10.2006) Shouldn't be on back order.
  • rex10rex10 Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone installed the factory roof rack? According to the brochure it is removable. How easy is it to put on/remove?

Also, on the roof edges there are four plastic tabs with little arrows suggesting that they slide back to expose a mounting place for the roof rack. I've tried to slide them but they don't want to slide more than a tiny bit. Is there a special trick to get these tabs to slide out of the way? I don't want to break them!

Has anyone tried Yakima mounts on the CX-7 roof yet?

Thanks.
  • vx23hokievx23hokie Member Posts: 10
    It's very easy to install/remove. Took me about 10 minutes to install mine. Would take about 10 minutes to pull it off. The tabs slid right off for me - no problem. Threaded mounts for the rack are under the tabs.

You may be able to carry more weight on the yakima system if that's important to you.
    Does anyone know which clips (I believe they are called "mightymounts") are used with the factory rack to attach accessories like the ski attachments? I already own Yakima ski attachments and may want to use them with the factory racks.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    you need the Mighty Mount 1V
  • defreitasmdefreitasm Member Posts: 152
    The net looks useless to me and the cargo tray is pretty flimsy but it serves it's purpose in keeping the interior in better shape. You could of course just flip the spare tire lid section to protect the carpeted side but I don't think it will catch spills like the cargo tray.
    I was going to order a set of Winter mats online and noticed there is a windscreen/bug deflector avaible. Just curious if anyone has seen one installed and how it looks. It's probably minimal in terms of actual function. Since I purchsed my vehicle almost a month ago, I have only spotted on CX7. I kind of like having a vehicle that isn't very common. Of course that may not hold true forever.
  • astegmanastegman Member Posts: 171
    Yes, I had the wind deflector installed in November over the moonroof. However, seeing as it's now winter, I haven't used the moonroof yet, so I can't tell if it makes any difference or not. As far as how it looks, it's not too high and it's fairly sleek, so I think it looks pretty good. I've had my CX-7 since August and have seen only 2 in my area (NY/CT). I guess they are just not selling around here, but on the other hand, it's great being the only one on the road!
    I'm reffering to a deflector that mounts on the edge of the hood. I probably should have just called it a "bug deflector"
  • albanesealbanese Member Posts: 8
    have seen only 2 in my area (NY/CT). I guess they are just not selling around here, but on the other hand, it's great being the only one on the road!

I have seen three roughly in that area. All 3 in Hoboken, NJ in the past week.
  • cxrabbitcxrabbit Member Posts: 134
    Same here. Out on Long Island I haven't seen ANY!
    Just returned from New Zealand after 3 months where I saw three CX-7's. They just began to import them there. :)

Here in upstate NY, I saw my first CX-7 on the road in Catskill, NY.today. We have owned ours since Aug. 30, but having been "out of town", we haven't had much chance to drive around looking. :cry:

Darth Vader Greay GT AWD w/Nav.
    NMK
    I'm not sure this is the right thread for this but I love this car so much I'm considering Vanity Plates.

I tried a few combinations and found the following available.
    CXSEVEN
    CX SEVEN (I CAN ALSO ADD THE STATE SYMBOL IN THE SPACE)
    CX7 GT
    CX7TURBO
    CX7 ZOOM
    CX7 ZMZM
    ZZMZZMZM
    ZOOMZMMM
    ZOOMZZMM
    ZQQMZQQM

ANY OPINIONS BESIDES SAVE YOUR MONEY?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'm partial to CX7 ZOOM. :shades:
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    My vanity plate used to be "MZDA CX-7".

Now,

It's "Mr CX-7"

:P

Vince.
    The CX7 hasn't been out long enough for you to switch. LOL
    Interestingly enough, here in VA, there are no restrictions on the number of times you switch plates (in theory, at least). Each time you do, you just pay for a pro-rated amount. In VA it's easy to do. Just establish an on-line, secure account with DMV. Buying plates is just one of many things you can do on line.

Vince.
    That's a good deal.
  • heffaeheffae Member Posts: 2
    I have mounted the "bug deflector", It is on a black CX-7. Looks great, works great (because I'm aways late getting to point B) and was faily easy to instal. I believe I paid $45.00 from the dealer for it.

Also, the winter mats are the best I have seen around. Deep black rubber with an ice/water lip, well worth the money if you plan on keeping it for awhile. I live in West Michigan so we get a lot of "Lake effect snow"
    I have a white CX7 and I think I'm gonna go for the bug deflector, winter mats and the sunroof deflector. I'm glad to hear you like the mats because it's hard to tell from the picture and they are pretty cheap dollar wise. I hope they are thicker than the cargo tray material. I have "Monster" mats for my Jetta and they are very rugged but they don't make them for Mazda.

I'm also considering getting the sunshield for the windshield, especially with an all black interior. I think it's about thirty dollars... not sure how well it's made but I'm hoping it's better than those tacky cheap cardbord ones, although they do work.
    I have the sunshade and it's fairly well built, but rolling it up can be a pain at times, especially from the driver's seat.
    I posted somewhere earlier in this thread about the Mazda sun deflector. It's junk for me, without "modification." Cardboard shields would actually be better where I'm at, because the foil one sagged on me.

Mazda's shield fits, but the CX-7 windshield is just too long and too horizontal for it to support itself on a hot day. ...Then again, the temps were around 100F here when I bought my car. "Your conditions may vary."

-c92
    I saw a post elsewhere that the correct mightymounts for Yakima are 10V and 24H. Yesterday I went and bought the 10V and they fit the factory rack perfectly (don't know about the 24H).

I agree with other posts that the factory rack is very easy to install by yourself. The little tabs slide off or can be gently pried in the correct direction with a tiny screwdriver, then you just put the racks on and screw them into the mounting posts.

I'd like to see if Yakima ever makes a "landing pad" that works with the posts on the CX-7. That would be a very nice way to have Yakimas attach to the car. All of the "landing pad" bases I've seen so far have two mounting holes, not one.
    I considered adding a rack but until I see an OEM in person I'm not sure I want one. I'm not crazy about the way it looks in pictures and it has to kill the aerodynamics. If I had a real use for it I might cave in. Truthfully I only ever used a roof rack once to attach a cargo carrier because I overpacked for a family vacation and to transport some ladders when I bought a house. Other than that I really only need roof rails so I can tie a xmas tree to like I had on my Odyssey minivan. They did have cross bars available for the minivan but the van roof was pretty sturdy. On the other hand the CX7 roof is smooth and not ribbed so it may not be as solid. I guess one option might be to install it only as needed and remove it when not.
    For some reason, the CX-7 just wouldn't look right with a roof rack! The essence of Zoom-Zoom would be lost :)
    I agree, but if it had rails it wouldn't be so bad. The OEM rack on the hand kills the look and I just couldn't deal with except for functionality.
    The OEM racks are very easy to install and remove, but I tend to keep mine on about 50% of the time as I practically live at Home Depot. I don't get much wind noise so I assume they don't spoil the airflow too much. However, if I put a ladder on the roof it howls like a mofo.

Also, some have commented to me that the CX-7 looks better with the racks.
    OK if you practically live at Home Depot then tell me what isle number I can find shear pins for snow blowers. LOL

Looks are subjective and I'm sure it looks fine with the rack and probably makes it look unique. Hell... I may even end up with one so that I can use it as needed.
    Snow blowers....I've seen pictures of those before but never seen one in real life.

But back to shear pins: I frequent 5 different Home Depots with 5 different layouts, so would that be Orange 1, Orange 2, Anaheim Hills, Tustin or El Toro?

And looks: No doubt we all like different things, but I think most in here agree that the CX-7 is quite good looking.
  • blstanleblstanle Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone come across or heard of a rear view mirror for the CX-7 with Bluetooth integration?
    I believe the ones I've seen on the web fit any car
    Some new pics. Notice the new Turbo badge

Got the turbo badge from a local Acura dealer. Found their website which allowed you to order online and then pick up at their dealership. Unfortunately, they don't ship to the house. Cost about $19 with tax.

Vince.
    An Acura badge on a Mazda? Heathen! :P
    Me? a heathen? It's all Mazda's fault! :shades:

Vince.
    Did you draw a period on your license plate?
    Just got the all weather mats. I am very pleased with the quality and would have actually preferred the dealer had ordered these as opposed to the carpeted mats. The carpeted ones just don't hold up well in places like New York that get a lot of rain and some snow. Comparing them to other all weather mats I own they seem to be of a comparable thickness but the design probably doesn't hold as much water as my other mats. In any event I think they will do the trick. The best part is that they are not very expensive. They do fit like a glove but they could have made the driver-side anchor holes a little larger and thinner to ease putting the hooks through.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    According to the Mazda website, the CX-7 is 64.8" tall. Can anyone say how much taller it is with the factory rack? Are the crossbars 2" above the roof? Higher? I can't find this info anywhere...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

This discussion has been closed.