Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Accessories

2»

Comments

• anxsanxs Member Posts: 7
    I just ordered a custom windshield from AutoSeattle.com and it fits like a glove. Haven't noticed any sagging in the heat (as mentioned with the CX7 accessory) because I just haven't had it long enough yet but I'll keep everyone posted if I do.

Has anyone bought any custom seat covers and if so where did you get them? After 10 years of black leather interior I switched up to the tan on my new black AWD GT but I've already gotten it dirty twice in the past month. I was considering covers for the front seats only but as I'm browsing the internet haven't seen anything I've fallen in love with that would be worth the money I'm spending.
  • kbramstedtkbramstedt Member Posts: 3
    I have read that the reason the CX-7 is detuned is the tranny. It is the same tranny as used in the Edge. The tranny was jointly developed by Ford/Mazda and GM. The tranny is the limiting factor, so be careful.
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    It's not the same transmission. Without saying one is better than the other, I simply know the CX-7's box is an Aisin unit, and not the one joint-developed by Ford/GM. The CX-7 forum was on the boil for a while last year until we got that all sorted out. ;)

As for detuning the MS6 turbo engine, I can't find anything on the web about tranny reliability. It's possible Mazda detuned it for that reason, but more likely that the MS6 power curve and engine stress just didn't make sense in a CUV. Acura could have put their already-developed S2000 engine in the RDX, but they didn't - for the exact same reasons.

As I mentioned in my original post, 30-50 HP probably would not kill anything, but more than that certainly would require stronger engine/driveline components, possibly including the transmission.

-c92
  • extennyextenny Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone here have the Cargo Net? Is it useful? would you reccomend it?
    Also does anyone know if the CX9 cargo net would work with the CX7?
    I've only used it once in a year. I think it mostly gets in the way, but your mileage may vary if you carry a lot of light, rolling-type stuff in the back.

No idea about the CX-9 net working, but an interesting premise.

-c92
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Looking for a non-OEM air filter on the CX-7. Someone told me about Baldwin, which has the oil cartridges, but no air filters for this model.
  • pctechpctech Member Posts: 43
    Just measured mine (OEM) - they add 3", not 2". Also, though I like the appearance, they won't take much weight (100 pounds max, I believe) AND they add a considerable amount of wind noise!
  • pctechpctech Member Posts: 43
    It really isn't very useful. Wish Mazda had instead put in the same "curtain"-style net everyone else uses so I could carry the bags of groceries like I used to in my Forester!
    Thanks it seems like most people arent impressed so maybe I will see about returning mine. I was hoping it could hold grocery bags or something in place but doesnt look like it will.
  • johnny__rfjohnny__rf Member Posts: 83
    I use mine all the time. It holds down grocery bags perfectly. plus the other day I picked up a bunch of pizzas and it held them down fine.

If you dont have it, your cargo is gonna slide around all over the place (I have the cargo tray)

try it, you'll like it................
  • vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    I agree with Johnny. They're not that expensive, come in handy periodically, and when I don't use mine, then it's folded and stored underneath.

Vince.
    Thanks for the advice guys I think I keep it when it arrives. It can hold grocery bags in place it should suit me just fine. On a side note has anyone installed the rear bumber gaurd? Is there just some adhesive on the bottom that sticks to the bumber?
    Thanks
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    The bumper guard is an easy peel and stick installation. Just make sure the area is clean and then use the provided alcohol pad to prep the surface. Done properly, it will stay put for many years.
    Thanks for the advice. I did decide to keep the net and am pleasantly suprised. It expands much more than I though it would. Again thanks for the input
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Yes, they will all fit. Of course you can't use the front under guard with the Aero Package.
  • batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    The Japanese CX-7s are sold with “door mirrors with integrated LED lights”. Could someone help me by suggesting ways of obtaining these mirrors?
  • nmknmk Member Posts: 111
    Well here in New Zealand, the CX-7's have them on 2007 models. It seems logical
    that you may be able to order them through Mazda New Zealand.
    I would do it for you, but after 7 moths, I am finally coming home next week. Yippee!!!

:shades:
  • howardruhowardru Member Posts: 155
    This just in....

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09E011000

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
    MAZDA / CX-7 2007-2009

MAZDA / CX-9 2007-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA3 2004-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA5 2006-2009

MAZDA / MAZDA6 2003-2009

SUBARU / FORESTER 2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA 2008-2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA STI 2008-2009

SUBARU / IMPREZA WRX 2008-2009

SUBARU / OUTBACK SPORT 2008-2009

Equipment Brand Name / Part No. or Model No.: Production Dates:
    THULE / 3068 JAN 01, 2008 - FEB 28, 2009
    THULE / 3069 JAN 01, 2008 - FEB 28, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09E011000
    Summary:
    THULE, INC. IS RECALLING 2,323 OWNER-INSTALLED ROOF-MOUNTED FIT KITS, MODELS 3068 AND 3069, MANUFACTURED BETWEEN JANUARY 1, 2008 AND FEBRUARY 28, 2009 THAT ARE USED WITH THULE PODIUM FOOT PACKS, MODELS 460 AND 460R. THESE FIT KITS WERE SOLD AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR USE ON THE VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. THE BOLT(S) USED TO SECURE THE FOOT TO THE VEHICLE WAS MANUFACTURED TO A HARDNESS THAT MAY CAUSE THE BOLT(S) TO BE BRITTLE AND POTENTIALLY BREAK UNDER STRESS.
    Consequence:
    THIS MAY RESULT IN THE BOLT(S) SNAPPING OFF DURING USE OR WITHOUT A LOAD. THE UNSECURED RACK AND LOAD CAN THEN COME LOOSE WHILE DRIVING CREATING A POTENTIAL ROAD HAZARD, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
    Remedy:
    THULE WILL MAIL A RETRO FIT KIT ALONG WITH REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS TO OWNERS FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE APRIL 13, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT THULE TOLL-FREE AT 1-800-238-2388.
    Notes:
    THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO THULE AFTERMARKET ROOF MOUNTED LOAD CARRIERS AND HAS NO RELATION TO ANY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED ON THE LISTED PASSENGER VEHICLES. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV
This discussion has been closed.