Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX Stereo Radio Sirius XM Problems

bosshoss2bosshoss2 Member Posts: 14
I'm about to purchase a 2008 RX350. My Dealer charges $995 for Factory XM Radio option. Does anyone have the factory XM radio, and how do you like it? I have a portable XM radio, but thought having the Factory XM Radio in the car might be worthwhile. My question is, is it worth the price versus the portable unit I already use? Pros...Cons????
Thanks!!

Comments

• maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Bosshoss2, my dealership did not charge as much for the factory XM radio option. I believe the cost for mine was around $450. I opted for the factory XM because the non-navi
    models don't have the cassette deck, which if it had the cassette deck, then I could have plugged in my Roady receiver. I had also tried using the wireless FM option, but the sound is not that great. So the best option, I believe, is to get it factory installed. Good Luck!
  • bosshoss2bosshoss2 Member Posts: 14
    Maximafan,
    Thanks for your response. That's quite a bit of difference in price, but I decided to get the factory installed XM anyway. I'm picking up the new RX on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it! Thanks again!!
  • koronikoroni Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please tell me how to work the satellite radio in my '07 Limited? I activated the satellite connection but can only tune in one channel. The manual says I should be able to access them through "direct mode entry" (page 12). But that's not doing it. Any suggestions? I'll be very thankful for advice.
    Mike
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Toyota Avalon XM and Sirius Radio discussion. The setup may be different than the RX's.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Koroni, when I was searching through the channels to find the stations that I wanted to preset(I was already an XM member so I knew what stations I was looking for), I just turned the tuning knob
    on my "07 RX350" to keep scrolling through the stations. If I remember correctly, when I first got it activated I started from Channel 1 or 2 and just kept turning the knob going up in number.
    That was the only way I knew how to do it at the time, since the car was brand new. Good luck!!
  • kensterflykensterfly Member Posts: 2
    2004 RX330. 92k miles. For some time, intermittently, the stereo volume control will not work. May be unable to turn the volume up past 14 or 17 for example, or may not be able to turn it down. The remote on the steering wheel always works so it has to be in the control on the console. My sister has the same model and had the same problem. It was replaced under warranty. It's in the shop right now undergoing a 90k mile check up. Our extended warranty is good for six more months/8000 more miles.
    The service guy just called and said they were unable to reproduce the symptoms. I told him when we dropped it off that it was intermittent. He said that if they could reproduce the symptoms they would replace it under the extended warranty.
    Has anyone else faced this issue?
  • tofetofe Member Posts: 1
    HELLO,, IM FROM SUADI ARABIAN AND I HAVE SAME YOUR PROBLEM BUT I'M OUT OF WARRANTY NOW BEFORE 2 MONTH AGO MY PROBLES IS ABOUT THE SOUND IN THE AUDIO FOR ALL PEEP TONE FOR NAV WHEN TOUCH SCREEN AND FOR AUDIO, SOME TIMES WORK AND SOME TIMES DOES NOT WORK MY FEELIND BECOME VERY BAD ADVICE ME WHAT CAN I DO YOU NOW THE REPAIR IN ACOMPANY IS MOST EXPENSIVE
  • showster1showster1 Member Posts: 3
    Removed my radio/CD player to remove stuck CD. Now the audio is hit/miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Does it have a theft code? The audio volume worked fine before removal. Tried all solutions: removed fuse 1; removed fuse 2; removed both fuses; disconnected negative terminal of battery! Help!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2012
    Usually when I take something apart and it doesn't work, I take it apart again. Maybe one of the connectors is loose.

How long did you remove the battery terminal for? Some tips in the How to Remove a Stuck CD discussion suggest ten minutes as a minimum.
    Disconnected battery for the entire evening, 8-10 hrs.
    The funny thing is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; normally works for a little while after the battery disconnect