Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• gomst1gomst1 Member Posts: 58
    Vad128, I understand your concern but I would not replace the fuel pump at this point because the fuel pump problem is not confirmed yet. If you go to the parts dept at Hyundai, they should be able to tell you if they have updated fuel pumps for this vehicle.
  • vad128vad128 Member Posts: 9
    Gomst1 -

Once again, your insights are much appreciated. I'm with you and feel that as long as the car is not exhibiting any problems, it's best to wait for Hyundai to diagnose the problem and then issue a TSB or formal recall. I think it would be rare for Hyundai to replace an entire fuel pump on every vehicle, when the culprit could be one coil or something of the like. If I replace the pump at this point, I may actually end up taking out a good pump and putting in a defective one. In the meantime, I have advised my mother to be aware if she senses any hesitation/sputtering or trouble starting the car. Do you think there is any chance that Hyundai will act quickly on this? My guess is that these recall campaigns can take months to initiate.

Just out of curiosity, what made you purchase a Hyundai for your daughter if you are an automotive tech for a Japanese car dealership?
    Safety, Value, Comfort and the simple design made me purchase the 2008 Elantra SE for my daughter. This vehicle drives almost like a luxury car much quieter than the more expensive cars in this class. Traction control and stability control is very important to me as she is a new driver. The brakes is very good too. I drove this vehicle at high speeds through winding mountain road and it is very stable. The only thing I did not like about this car is the rear (RED) turn signal light. I was following her when she was signalling for a left turn and I barely noticed that red turn signal light in the middle of the day. It's a potential hazard so I did two things to the vehicle. I replaced the side mirrors with amber chevron-blinking mirror LEDs and ordered replacement rear outer tail light assemblies that have amber turn signal lights. I ordered these parts direct from Korea where the 2008 Elantras have amber outer tailights. They call them Hyundai Avante over there. I had to wait at least a month to get the blinking mirror LEDs as they are made to order. I am still waiting for the rear outer tail light assemblies.
  • 3kidsinback3kidsinback Member Posts: 73
    I drove both models and felt the SE handled better than the GLS. I'm not sure why. It could be that the SE has wider tires as well as stability control.

I have had my SE for 4 days. Am getting used to the proportional steering, as I have not had a car with this type for some time. I seem to need to make steering corrections but it probably is the electronics varying the tension of the steering wheel.
  • schukanuosladyschukanuoslady Member Posts: 118
    Now I feel like a real idiot here because all along I have been saying emissions and was half asleep when I wrote that post... :sick:

So sorry about the messup.

Ok... So if you are a Tech for a Japanese car dealership I bet its a Toyota dealer. Am I correct?

If not, well I am not up on all the dealers.

But if you are a Tech for Toyota I lost my 97 Taco due to the frame corrosion. :( Thats why I have an Elantra.

Ok... I better stop posting when I am tired. LOL

Thanks for correcting me. I have to start previewing my posts before I post them.
    Don't worry lady. Nobody is perfect. For now I would like to remain anonymous about which dealer I work for.
  • cyshescyshes Member Posts: 7
    Hi All,
    I was interested in getting the 2008 Elantra SE,but I'm worried about the problems with the fuel pump. I noticed some documented complaints on about automobile.com on the Elantra, and besides the common fuel pump problem, it looks like a couple people had problems with the air bag deploying as well. Has anyone heard of this issue in the past, hopefully these were just a fluke.

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2008/HYUNDAI/ELANTRA
    Thanks for the link. It is interesting to note that the first complaint happened on May 8th, then increase from there. I wonder what part of the country these problems have occurred. There does not appear to be the stall before then. Hopefully this will help the investigators determine what went wrong. Maybe they tried a new fuel pump?

I have 200 miles on my SE with no hints of stalling (as I knock on wood and pray).
    Will take the other car on vacation next week.

I will politely show this to the service manager tomorrow and ask him what he knows.
    The service manager said he has noticed 2 fuel pump problems recently. Probably a bad batch at the factory, only effecting cars made on certain days. There is no TSB or recall yet.

The problem likely begins with a rough idle for several minutes, followed by the stall.
    I also went to Hyundai to check about these fuel pump failures. I talked to parts dept.and a service writer. The service writer says he has seen them (fuel pump failures) on several vehicles already. He indicated that the usual symptoms are intermittent hard starting and intermittent rough idle anywhere from several days before to just before pump failure. He also does not see any recalls at this time. Parts dept could not say whether the new pumps are updated pumps since it has the same part number but then manufacturers routinely update parts without a part number change with only the date code as reference. He mentioned about the fuel pumps being backordered for a while but now it is available.
  • fargondfargond Member Posts: 23
    Something that would be helpful (or at least alievate some of the concerns) is to post the dates of manufacturer of your elantra if you've had a fuel pump failure.

The date is on the sticker on the door frame on the driver's side. Mine was October 2007 and has NOT had a FP failure yet, but I've only driven it 1700 miles in 3 months.
  • kennedy1707kennedy1707 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new 08 Elantra on Memorial Day 08 and had to have it towed off a busy highway on July 26 as it died in traffic with only 1831 miles on it. The car has been at the dealer for two days as they thought it was the fuel pump, ordered one (?), put it in and the engine still quits after putting it in Drive. Now they're troubleshooting it and I have a loaner. I don't know if any other Elantra owners have had the same problem but after only making one payment, I'm sorry I didn't opt for a Toyota or a Honda.
    My SE was built on 5/29/08.

No FP failure, about 250 miles. Picked it up last week.
    Disconcerting that the new pump didn't remedy the problem. I wonder what else this could mean, a computer problem?
  • skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 65
    I am just about to purchase a Hyundai Elantra SE (tonight!) and found this forum and now find myself quite concerned after reading these posts...

I thought I was lucky to find an '08 at this late juncture, but maybe I'm not so lucky...

Should I re-consider and go with a Civic or Mazda3?

Thanks in advance for all your honest feedback!
  • nareknarek Member Posts: 37
    No pump failure here yet. I purchased my '08 SE in early June and have put 2141 miles on it with no problems or issues at all so far. Mine was manufactured on April 1, 2008. (April fool's day?? :surprise: lol)

I'm not too thrilled with the recent fuel pump failure posts. Hopefully there will be a recall soon. No point in requesting a new pump now, when the parts the dealer has in stock may be bad also. I'm just trying to be aware of any potential failure so I can get off the road in a hurry if I have to.

I sill love my car and I'm not sorry I bought it at all, even considering this safety issue. :shades: I'm confident they'll fix it if it needs fixing.
    Even knowing what I know now, I'd still buy my SE in a heartbeat. If you can find an SE now for a decent price you're very lucky. :)

Considering the large number of '08 Elantras on the road vs the relatively small number of reported incidents, the odd's of any of us encountering the same problem is quite small.
  • kennedy1707kennedy1707 Member Posts: 3
    My new 08 Elantra has been at the dealership for the last three days while they diagnose my problem. In my case, it wasn't the fuel pump issue. Now, they're giving me a new transmission (whenever they can find one). My advice is NOT to buy this car and run to your Honda or Toyota dealer and pay a little bit more. Or, if you're a die hard Hyundai fan, buy a Sonata. That's what I originally wanted but the mpg was better on the Elantra so I chose it. Buyer beware.
    While I certainly understand frustration, concern and anger about a new $17,000 device 'failing', I guarentee you go read almost any forum for any car and you will see similar concerns. The key is to understand the SCOPE of the problem. Not to undermine any of the concerns of those that ran into the problem, you have to deal with statistics.

I ended up buying a Tucson in 05 instead of a Saturn VUE since there were multiple years worth of complains about it's transmission and quick failures of it in and right out of warranty. It wasn't 4 people for a 1 year model, it was 50-100 people in a 5 year time frame on multiple boards.

So when I started reading up about the Elantra, I compared complaints against similar cars (Cobalt, Focus, etc...) and overall the Elantra seemed better.

Even with the 4 reported cases of FP failure, I'd still buy the Elantra. Would I if mine failed? Probably if that's "all" it was. That's why I ended up buying the Elantra anyway -- my 12 year old Cavalier had a FP failure at 'only' 75,000 miles and was not worth it to me to have repaired on that old of a car that also had no A/C for 2 years, and had other 'old age' problems that reflected age vs. miles too much and too costly to fix em all vs. buying new with 10 yr warranty.

Of course subsequent problems with dealers/repairs can raise your anger level. I ran into that in purchasing this Elantra (lied to about price,etc..), so if I bought again I'd go to a different dealer but still get the same car.
    Yikes! They are "detailing it as we speak" I haven't paid for it yet, because it has a spoiler and it was transferred from elsewhere, and they had no SE's with a spoiler to show me what it looks like (I didn't want one, really)...so I'm supposed to come in and have a look at it...

They are charging me $19, 000 out the door with taxes and everything. It has bluetooth (?) on it apparently as well..

Aside from mechanical concerns, Isn't this a tad high? Or is that about right with bluetooth (and a spoiler I don't even care for...)?

Very confused and worried now...
  • jack_djack_d Member Posts: 6
    $19k does seem high.

I was out the door for just under $16k for an SE with sunrooof, but then the car spent the next three weeks in the shop waiting to have the manual transmission replaced. No problem at 600 mi with the fuel pump, but the three week repair and the fact that the stick still "snaps" into gears have deflated our initial excitement about the car.

It is still a great deal compared to the Civic, and the side impact ratings aren't as good on the Mazda 3, which otherwise felt like a more solid and nimble car.
    Okay, this is tremendously helpful, because I don't want to have buyers remorse...

Hmm...So $19,000 with DMV and with CA taxes sounds high for a SE automatic with a spoiler, floor mats and bluetooth?

That's what I was afraid of...what would be more reasonable, I wonder?

BTW, there is also supposedly a $1,500 rebate included in this grand total...

I honestly don't think I'm going to like the spoiler--it looks sort of misplaced and over the top for such a small car--like an outgrowth, like it's trying too hard to be something it's not. (No disrespect to the spoiler folks out there). Just not my style...

Boy, this is really a difficult decision...anyone else think this is too high?

Thanks again....
    Actually, with all your MT problems, I'm surprised you still think it's a great deal...
    although you did get a great price...I have not test drove the Civic or the Mazda3 yet--perhaps I should...

If money were not an issue--or rather, if it were a bit less of an issue--would you go with the Mazda 3 or Civic--or even Prius--knowing what you know now about the Elantra?

That's a hard question, I know. It's okay if you prefer to not answer it publicly.

Thanks for your honest reflections...
  • jack_djack_d Member Posts: 6
    Tell me about it. But we are hopeful that after the transmission fiasco we will have smooth sailing. In all honesty, if price were not a factor, we really liked the Civic, and if safety were not a factor, we loved the Mazda. But with a kid in the back, we just couldn't justify the Mazda, and wanted the abundance of passive and active safety in the Elantra. If you haven't, depending on your needs and means, I'd recommend testing both.
    Thanks so much--who could blame you for going with the safe one with a little one?
    Sounds like you made a very mature and wise decision! :)

There is no way you could have forseen these problems--hindsight is always 20/20!

I too want safe (just for me)--so is the Mazda3 is not safe (or is just the back seat you are referring to?).

AND...

I too want economical--so is the Civic really way out of line (or is that just if you get a really loaded one?).

More questions than answers---I think you are really right though--I should indeed test drive them both.

Youv'e been more than generous with your time and candor--

perhaps I'll pass on this $19.000 Elantra--I can go up to $25,000--but it needs to be really worth the extra 6 grand...that's of course the hard thing to call.

I was sold on the Elantra till I came here and heard about all the problems.

Thanks tons and I'll let you know what I ultimately decided...
    Production date on my SE is 9/18/07
    No fuel pump failure at this time yet.
    Tough choices. My budget was much less, so the Civic and Mazda were not serious choices. What sold me was the total package, including roominess, good price, better MPG (vs the Mazda), acceptable crash tests, and ESC. I also felt like I was getting "more car" than say a Civic LX (Honda dealers were arrogant, refusing to discount - way to take advantage of the high fuel costs!). I checked Consumer Reports and the SE is their top rated small car. I knew about some problems with the stalling before I purchased, but after I purchased, someone posted a link here a few days ago (from a non government site) that showed about 17 more stalling problems, many on the highway. While I am of course concerned about the stall, what matters now is how this is handled. If I was looking now, I would tell the dealer I will wait until the problem is rectified. I heard that ESC should be an option on the 2009 GLS.....
    Just curious - were the complaints in the other forums safety related?
    In my efforts to see where the investigation into the problem is at, I called Hyundai today to inquire and voice my concerns. Despite the fact that my car does not have problems, they opened a case for me and lodged a complaint. I was told that they are waiting for the NHTSA to "send a letter" for more information. Someone will call me tomorrow with more details. I urge everyone who is reading this to CALL HYUNDAI HEADQUARTERS and ask for a case to be opened as a complaint. Ask them where the investigation stands and if there are obstacles, ask them what they are and how you can help them get what they need. Stress the obvious safety concern.
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Suggestion: Check out the Sonata... good features, and mileage is only slightly less than the Elantra and prices are still under the $20K mark.

my opinion, van
    Did ANYBODY here bother to read post # 261 and click on the link he posted? I did and was glad I did. I am reposting it here.

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2008/HYUNDAI/ELANTRA

As for a Sonata....there are already safety recalls on 2008 from the website above that I found. I found it last night looking for safety recalls on the Elantra.

And my Elantra only cost $13,995. My dealer gave me a huge discount along with a $2000 rebate I signed over to him. Here is the safety link on the Sonata recall.

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/recall/2008/HYUNDAI/SONATA

I still have to check the date of production for my car and I have to call hubby on the road and tell him when he parks his 18 wheeler to call me and tell me the production date of his Elantra as it was his fuel pump that caused the accident in NJ.

Plus, I noticed my car sluggish under 25 miles an hour the last 2 weeks. I called Hyundai Sat. nite and put in a report and they told me to take it to the dealer and they gave me a case number. And the dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong, but yet as I left the dealership the car was not sluggish under 25 miles.

And hubby had gotten into my car and said, something was misfiring just like his did the day he headed for NJ and then an hour later the fuel pump died on his car. Thats why we took it to the dealer when he got in my car to drive.

Well, I don't know what the dealer did, but if my car is starting to misfire and they did something I would like to know about it, and they had us sign warranty repair paperwork but wrote the invoice up that the customer complained of sluggish engine under 25 miles but nothing found. My husband is on his 2nd 18 wheeler and his first one was used. This one is 7 yrs old bought new and he has been thru everything with injectors not working and much more. So when he says he can hear a misfire he should know as we have the repair bills to show for the 18 wheeler.

I think everyone should check out the first link from the other post. That website has all the complaints filed so far. Ours is #16 on that website. ;)
    Folks, there's a few things everyone needs to remember.

1) The number of overall problems reported is a tiny fraction of the number of '08 Elantra's on the road currently. You can't gauge the level of the problem based on the number of problem posts here. It's quite common for people who are having problems to come looking for information, or to connect with others who have had similar problems. The majority of happy Elantra owners with no problems aren't likely to be posting on internet message boards, until and unless they have a problem.

2) Turning away from the Elantra based on a few reported problems and buying something else does not guarantee that you will not have problems with what you do end up buying. Almost all models have reports of problems. The odds are about the same as buying an Elantra. Spending more for a different make and model with less standard features than the Elantra does not guarantee you will not have problems, nor does it necessarily reduce the risk of problems.

3) The '08 Elantra is a still a lot car for the money, with the SE also having outstanding safety features like ESC.

This is just my personal opinion, but based on everything I know now and taking the above information into consideration I'd still buy an Elantra today, even if cost were not a factor in my decision.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. ;)
    I bet he recalibrated the computer...
    I think the fuel pump problem only effects cars recently purchased, not the entire model year, as evidenced by the timing of the complains. The problems all started around May of this year, and all were recently purchased (IIRC). See the link that was reposted a few posts earlier. If you can narrow the scope of the cars down to those recently sold, then the % of problems increase because you have a smaller sample of vehicles.....Yes, every car has problems, but are they safety issues? What matters now is how Hyundai responds to the obvious failures.
    I think everyone will agree that the Elantra is a great vehicle and worth puchasing, but the fact that a serious safety issue exists still remains a factor.....
  • cjgtcjgt Member Posts: 28
    Haven't posted here in a while but decied to put my 2 cent in it.
    Sure, you can look at other cars but you have to be just as careful. I wouldn't "run" to any one brand because no matter how good the reputation of a car there could always be a problem.
    "Honda Motor Co. is recalling 182,756 Civics, the automaker's second-best selling U.S. model, to fix a wheel-bearing seal that may leak and cause the wheel to fall off". Bloomberg 9/14/07 http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/honda/honda_civic.htm

2007 TOYOTA CAMRY Defect Summary:
    ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, DUE TO IMPROPER ASSEMBLY OF THE AIR BAG INFLATOR, WHICH IS USED IN THE SIDE AIR BAG, THE CURTAIN SHIELD AIR BAG, AND THE KNEE AIR BAG ASSEMBLY, SOME INFLATORS WERE PRODUCED WITH AN INSUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF THE HEATING AGENTS NECESSARY FOR PROPER AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT. IN THIS CONDITION, THE EXPANSION FORCE OF THE GAS MAY BE INSUFFICIENT TO PROPERLY INFLATE THE AIR BAG WHEN THE SRS SYSTEM IS ACTIVATED DURING A CRASH. - Recall ID from NHTSA: 06V096000

Problems can effect a large number of cars or small. The one of the Camry was only for 133 of them but to assume you will get a trouble free just because it's brand X isn't the smartest way to get a car.
    Hey...look at me. My 1997 Toyota Tacoma was bought back from me at 150% of the kelly BB in excellant condition of what a dealer would sell it for by Toyota due to the frame in June. I never had a single engine problem with it. I lost it because of the frame. And I love the Elantra I bought. I just hope if what 3kids says,....that maybe it is just a certain time frame and that my car does not have the fuel pump go. I still wouldn't give up the Elantra.

And if it does go, I hope its near home and I am in a cell phone area where there is reception to call Road Assisstance for towing. And in answer to the other post about cooling. My A/C cools within a few minutes. In fact after about 15 minutes I have to put it down on number 1 it is so cold.
  • w0bymagnusw0bymagnus Member Posts: 19
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows - is the A/C on the 2008 Elantra belt driven, or is it the newer electric type where it doesn't make the engine sluggish/waste as much gas when you turn it on? Also, do you think that the A/C/Heat on the 2008 model has a strong enough blower motor? I really don't want another car that takes 10 minutes to cool off because the blower motor isn't strong enough.
    That may be a non govt. website, but our post there is what I reported on the other website. And if you click on details you will see the govt.report.
    The compressor is belt driven AFAIK. The blower motor is very high power. It gets very noisy at level 4 in fact due to volume it blows.

The elantra heats up well, but it could use a better compressor to provide better cooling. It's been averaging 80-90 this summer (vs 90-100 like most years) where I live and it takes a bit longer than I had liked to cool the interior for in-town driving. Highway speeds it is more than adequate.

This is the problem of the compressor/evaporator, not blower.
    Ok, even so Hyundai sold tens of thousands of Elantras in May, June & July of this year. Over 14,000 in June alone. Mine was one of those. The number of reported probems is still only a small fraction of those sales.

Not enough of a percentage, IMHO, to pass on all the good things the Elantra has to offer for the money.

I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the problem. It has to be addressed, and I believe it will. I just want to encourage people to keep it all in perspective.

mkepanther, IMHO is doing Hyundai (and herself) a disservice by posting her story all over the internet. It's just ONE story, out of how many Elantra's? I personally think some of the problems she is experiencing are due to the way the dealership who has her car is handling the issue. I also think there is a bit of overreaction involved. Claiming Hyundai will not admit there is a problem, or that it can't be fixed is premature. The time has to be taken to investigate this thoroughly through the proper channels. If it is determined that there are defective fuel pumps, new ones will have to be made and shipped to dealers before a formal recall can be issued. I believe part of the delay in getting her car properly repaired in a timely manner has more to do with the timing of the failure itself, not because of any mishandling on the part of Hyundai. The other part is the dealerships handling of the situation.

To her and other's who have experienced the problem, I'm sure it's a huge issue. It would be for me also. But if you look at all the facts in the larger picture, and while it is an important point to consider, percentage-wise it's still only a small number of cars. Again, not big enough to dissuade me from buying an Elantra. The 'pros' still far outweigh that potential 'con', especially when it's likely to be fixed by Hyundai very shortly. JMHO.
    I don't think we have even scratched the surface of the number of Elantra owners who have had fuel pump failures. Last week I started calling a few Hyundai dealers in my area to get a sense as to how many fuel pumps they have replaced over the last several weeks. Answers ranged anywhere from zero to 5. I only called 4 dealers, but I was up to 8 fuel pump failures very quickly. My point is that I don't think the majority of people who have a fuel pump failure actually call the NHTSA to file a complaint, nor do the vast majority post to a forum. I think most people just get their cars towed to a Hyundai dealer, get the problem resolved and then move on. The NHTSA website is only showing about 32 complaints relating to fuel pump issues with the Elantra . . . I think this number is greatly understated.

Hyundai of America is probably the only authority which has the accurate number of fuel pump failures on the 2008 Hyundai Elantra. The service department at every Hyundai dealer must report when any warranty work is done. As long as the reporting is being done correctly, Hyundai should have a very good idea by now as to the actual number of fuel pump failures.

I do agree with 3kidsinback . . . the proportion of cars affected is actually greater than most people think because we are dealing with only the more recently manufactured vehicles AND the actual number of pump failures is also higher than what is currently being reported on the internet. My hope is that Hyundai chooses to act promptly and appropriately on this safety issue, or they risk all of the strides they have made in trying to upgrade their image and quality.
    Keeping the problem in perspective is important. I have not been involved in too many recalls (other than my 1997 Ford Contour that had a recall about every month). But the apparent seriousness of the problem (stalling at freeway speeds) seems alarming, and should, IMHO, be given extra weight when considering how to handle the issue.
    We are consumers who are legitimately concerned about the performance of a product that we were sold. Especially given the apparent seriousness of the stall, I think we should expect prompt responses from the investigation. Call Hyundai and express your concern!
    I have called Hyundai . . . and I continue to call Hyundai. I call on behalf of my 70-year old mother who purchased a Hyundai Elantra on July 21st. Although the car seems to be running fine for now, we are extremely concerned that the fuel pump could fail at any time. It sickens me to think that we encouraged her to buy a new car so that we wouldn't have to worry about her car breaking down, and now we are worse off than before. By the way, her vehicle had a manufacture date of June 12, 2008. So far, so good . . . but she hasn't put too many miles on it yet.
  • prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    'we are extremely concerned that the fuel pump could fail at any time. It sickens me to think that we encouraged her to buy a new car so that we wouldn't have to worry about her car breaking down, and now we are worse off than before.'

If you are that concerned that the fuel pump will fail, which it's most likely it won't, take the car to the deal and request that the fuel pump be checked and replaced if necessary.

The number of fuel pump failures reported is no more per capita/percentage-wise than the number of reported cases of the Civic's recent issues with master cylinder brake failure or the Corolla's air conditioning condensor failure.

Are you aware that any issue (even keys locked in car or running out of gas) with this new car is covered by Roadside Assistance which gives complimentary towing anywhere in N. America---- and if 50 miles from home hotel, food allowance, etc.

Honda and Toyota offer inferior warranties, have had issues with their models and do not offer roadside assistance. My sis's Civic left her stranded on I-90 outside of Albany with brake failure and she paid $100 to tow it and $500 to fix it. The Civic had 50,000 miles and was only 3 years old. No warranty left and no roadside assistance.

Even the best reputations, even Civics and Elantra's have issues which at best are considered minimal considering the # of cars they sell. It's just too bad Honda and Toyota don't back their customers when these issues arise.
    "The number of fuel pump failures reported is no more per capita/percentage-wise than the number of reported cases of the Civic's recent issues with master cylinder brake failure or the Corolla's air conditioning condensor failure."

I'd love to see the figures if you have them. Otherwise, we have to go on the premise that the fuel pump failures are the result of a bad batch of them that were installed on recently manufactured Elantras (see the results of the AboutAutomobile.com and NHSTA.com link earlier in this thread). I argue that the percentage is actually much higher than average given all of the failures that we have seen, I also think that the nature of the failure, which can cause accidents at highway speeds, is cause for significant urgency.
    "The date is on the sticker on the door frame on the driver's side."

Please tell me where as I looked yesterday and could only find a black sticker that had no date which was a pretty big square on the frame of the car itself by the door hinge. Where on the door do I find it? I could not find any sticker on my door at all.
  • gburgrunrgburgrunr Member Posts: 5
    People should be concerned about this issue and also be aware of the lack of quality service/response that individuals are receiving from Hyundai on a dealer and corporate level. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA/DOT regarding my car's issues. THe dealership said the first time it stalled out it was just a "misfire" and rebooted the computer and put me back on the road and it happened AGAIN and I was fortunate I nor anyone else got hurt. I called the dealership and Hyundai USA and the responses I have received and the way I was treated were appallingly unprofessional. If I treated customers that way in my profession, I would not have a job. I am now contacting media outlets to try to bring more attention to this matter so that consumers can be educated about Hyundai's issues. The only way things change is when their profits start taking a hit, so I advise people NOT to do business with Hyundai. It would make SENSE for drivers to take their DOLLARS elsewhere. :mad:
  • justloujustlou Member Posts: 35
    Sorry, but I'm still happy with my Hyundai Elantra. A possible small batch of bad fuel pumps isn't going to change my mind.
    I believe it's on the frame of the door, not the body.....