Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009/2010 Honda Fit

Comments

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    All that would be way off topic here. But maybe a good thread for the "Which Hatchback?" discussion--if you want to move it there.

But I think I see where you are going with this. Consider, though, that if in fact the Fit is unmatched in car-dom, then Honda is justified in charging just about anything they want for it. Honda only needs to price it in line with the competition if it actually has competition. I get the feeling that you don't think the Fit has any real competition. Thus I'm puzzled about your opinion on the price increase on the 2009 Fit.

P.S. I said "H"--I didn't say "Honda."
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    $20 k seems over priced for a Fit.

If you're going to spend $20k and will lower your highway MPG expectation to 30mpg you could get this...

Welllll.... a bit more than $20k for that particular car in the trim shown in the photo, but you've got the idea.
  • skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 65
    Re: "Consider, though, that if in fact the Fit is unmatched in car-dom, then Honda is justified in charging just about anything they want for it. Honda only needs to price it in line with the competition if it actually has competition".

This is puzzling to me, as you said earlier it would be unethical to charge too much if there were no other choices available...now you are saying that Honda can charge whatever they want if it's a car with no real competition. :confuse: With this logic, it sounds like either way, Honda is justified in charging whatever they want.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------
    Re: "I get the feeling that you don't think the Fit has any real competition. Thus I'm puzzled about your opinion on the price increase on the 2009 Fit".

What is puzzling about this? These are two separate issues in my view.

First off, no, I DON'T know for sure if the Fit has any real competition--that's why I asked for clarification from our resident research expert, Backy! ;)

Second, even if I think a car is great, and there may be nothing exactly like it, I still don't expect to be over-charged (note btw that as I indicated earlier, it may indeed not be over-priced for the new features it is bringing).

But even if it's not over-priced, I will not be coerced into paying MSRP and certainly not (gasp!) over MSRP. No car is that unique or that special or entitled to justify this behavior in my view. That's where I draw the line and walk away.

That's just my personal opinion, btw. I'm sure there are five thousand other opinions on this. I have no judgment as to what others choose--this sort of choice is so personal and private and varies depending on who you are and what you value.

Yes, it's Honda's perogative to charge whatever they want, and yes, it's a dealer's perogative to refuse to negotiate and insist on MSRP or even demand over MSRP-- and yes it's also my perogative to just say "Heck no, I'll wait out this nonsense or take my money elsewhere..."

Having said all that, on paper it sure does appear to be a very good hatchback pick,
    but I've yet to test drive it, so I can't speak to things like comfort and handling.

And to end on a more positive note, there are reputable dealers out there who will agree never to go over MSRP. My experience is if you shop around and do your homework, you can find some wiggle room with the price with some dealers. Timing of course helps. I feel hopeful that the frenzy will subside in about six months or so, and there will be more leverage for the consumer for those who are willing to wait it out. But I might be completely wrong. Only time will tell....
    I just saw the photo--first of all, that's not a Hatchback and what is the difference in the MPG between that one and the new FIT?

MPG's are extremely important these days--especially if you drive a lot and give a hoot about your carbon footprint.
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Yes, it's Honda's perogative to charge whatever they want, and yes, it's a dealer's perogative to refuse to negotiate and insist on MSRP or even demand over MSRP-- and yes it's also my perogative to just say "Heck no, I'll wait out this nonsense or take my money elsewhere..."

It's the same with anything that's new and popular...the people who want it pay the premium price and those that wait get the better deal. It's the same with flat screen TVs, IPODs, etc., and cars like the Fit.

You could probably buy a high-end Fit or Civic for the same price as a bare bones Accord. I paid $16,500 for my 2 1/2 year old Sport Auto (MSRP at the time) and based on the competition out there I'm glad I did. 10 years from now when I need to replace my Fit I'll have to look at the competition and see what's out there to replace it. I suppose I could have bought a cheaper Kia or Ford, but then I'd probably be looking for a new one a lot sooner, and had a much worse driving experience during the ownership period. The handling, magic seats, interior roominess, and quality of the Fit are pretty hard to beat.
    This is puzzling to me, as you said earlier it would be unethical to charge too much if there were no other choices available...

OK, let me make this crystal clear for you. It is unethical to charge too much for a product if there are no other choices available, IF THAT PRODCT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MUST HAVE TO SURVIVE. Like, in my previous example, clean water. Now, some Fit fans may disagree with me here, but IMO the Fit is not something you must have to survive. You can very easily drive something else. Or nothing else. Many people survive just fine w/o any car at all.

Yes, it's Honda's perogative to charge whatever they want, and yes, it's a dealer's perogative to refuse to negotiate and insist on MSRP or even demand over MSRP...

OK, now I am really confused because this seems counter to your previous posts, e.g. where you said it was unethical for Honda to charge so much for the Fit. Now you are saying it's fine for them to charge whatever they want, and for dealers to demand MSRP or more. Anyway, if in fact that is your position I am in 100% agreement with it. That is the way a free market economy works, for products like cars that are not essential to survival and hence there is no regulation, and no need for regulation, on what companies charge for those products except market forces, i.e. supply and demand. I also agree with you that I would not want to pay MSRP or above for a car like the Fit, given that there are several alternatives that would meet my needs as well as if not better than the Fit, for a much lower price. I suppose there is some situation that is possible in which I would pay MSRP or above for a car, but not under current market conditions, with so much competition out there, a down market for car buying, and many good alternatives to choose from. For example, a couple of years ago I might have been willing to pay MSRP for the then-new 2006 base Fit, had I found it met my needs, since its price was very reasonable compared to other alternatives available at the time. Now, with the price increases and more and better competition for the Fit, I wouldn't tend to pay MSRP.
    The "idea" I referred to is that there are many, many cars available for $20k or less. The new Mazda6 is one of them, although I think it would be tough to get one right now for $20k, since the low-bucks version is a practically non-existent loss leader. And I think the car pictured would be a lot more than $20k.

If you must have a hatchback (2008 Mazda6 was available as a hatch, but I don't think the 2009 hatch is coming here) and you want FE higher (and CO2 footprint lower) than what the Mazda6 delivers, then obviously it's not an alternative for you.
    Of course there are many cars available under 20K. That's sort of obvious.

My question was are there any Hatchbacks that can compete with the FIT's safety, MPG , quality, reliability, price. You keep changing the subject. Methinks you just don't want to acknowledge there aren't any.

Oh, and yes, CO2 footprint is VERY important to me! Gee, I would certainly hope it is quite important to everyone by now!
    Yes, I think there are--more than one. But recall that I suggested taking that thread to the "Which Hatchback?" discussion, since I don't think a broad/deep discussion of alternatives to the Fit would be on topic here, in a discussion dedicated to the Fit. If you want to discuss that question more, I'm all for it. (If our Host thinks that's a fitting :) topic for this discussion, then let's do it here.)

To get things started... http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea4255/729
    I think we can put it to rest here--a few names was all I was looking for, and it didn't seem so far off topic given the recent disappointment expressed by posters at the new pricing...and naturally, the forums tend to overlap some...

In any case--

Yes, if you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate you posting your top pics on the "Which hatchback" forum re: what you think is as "fitting" as the FIT (couldn't resist, sorry!), and I'll simply take a peek over there.

Thanks in advance!
  • graylinergrayliner Member Posts: 39
    If the Fit goes up in price and the dealers behave like dealers, then I vote with my dolars and get an xD or Yaris.
    Both the Fit and xD drive terrible compared to my Echo. Electronics feel like they have a lag compared to analog/mechanical throttle and steering mechanisms. So if I comprimise feel, it's two sides of the same darn coin.

And $800 buys a lot of gas, at 1 MPG. The Honda does have the magic seat, but I have an old 4-cyl Toyota truck, so I can move on easily.

If I want to encourage automakers to stop 'going bigger' I should not buy a car that is bigger and more powerful. Blind loyalty is not my way. The newer Toyota Tacomas are the same size as my (former) 2000 Tundra for example. So I got a used Toyo p-up. Ha!
  • mappomappo Member Posts: 12
    A little preview-post at Business Week just went up that looks to confirm what we suspected about that short-lived review of last week - that it was an accidentally premature post that was quickly removed due to a non-disclosure agreement.

"I’ll have a review of the new 2009 Honda Fit later this week when the pesky embargo lifts. But in the meantime, I can’t help but gush on the liklihood…call it a rumor…that real-life driving fuel economy for this runabout is likely pushing 40 mpg. That’s a piece of change greater than the government rating.

Sure, most cars get higher than the government rating. A friend of mine suddenly finding himself driving a Mercury Grand Marquis to work everyday says he is getting 27-28 on the highway. But 39-40 in combined fuel economy for the Fit, if it holds up with the reviewers who will be unleashing their reviews later this week, would be very nice indeed for a petrol car."

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat/archives/2008/08/2009_honda_fit.html
  • kittyworldkittyworld Member Posts: 20
    The following are from Fitfreak website:

Model description MSRP

8729ew m/t $14,550.00
    8829ew a/t $15,350.00
    8749ew sport m/t $16,060.00
    8849ew sport a/t $16,910.00
    8769gw sport vsa m/t w/nav $17,910.00
    8869gw sport vsa a/t w/nav $18,760.00

destination and handling charges are $670.

According to the author, it's authentic.
    Hmmm...so it's 4" longer but only 1" more 2nd row legroom? And the cargo space behind the 2nd row is less? Maybe I'm reading something wrong.
  • tdiver8tdiver8 Member Posts: 3
    Edmunds review today of the 2009 Fit http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=130906?tid=edm- - unds.il.home.photopanel..1.*
    EPA mpg is nothing special, & kinda lousy for the manual.
    28 mpg city/35 mpg highway with automatic
    27 mpg city/33 mpg highway with manual

Last year the auto was 27/34 and the manual was 28/34.
    It's one thing to have a manual get less mpg than a variable transmission, but not to be worse than a slushbox.
    Lots of cars are as good as that, and many are bigger. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2008.pdf
    A Ford Focus manual is rated 24/35. 2008 Corolla is 28/37,
    G5 or Cobalt XFE is 25/36, 25/37 for 2009,
    2008 Vibe / Matrix is 26/33, dropped to 26/32 for 2009
    Mini Clubman is 28/37.
    2009 Jetta Diesel Wagon is 30/41

It is a poor design for the manual transmission to be geared so it is revved up on the highway. It's noisier and gets worse mpg. That may have been necessary back in the days of 3 or 4 speed transmissions, but that ended 25 years ago. I've heard one explanation for this trend that it's so idiots can keep the cruise control going in high gear on steep hills. All the people who are too lazy to downshift will pay the extra $900 for the automatic. The manual should be able to get better mpg than the auto, not worse. Very disappointing. I notice the Civic has the same problem, the manual is rated 34 highway while the automatic is 36 highway.
    http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=783622&news_item_id=783550
  • bryan_05bryan_05 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for posting the review, I was sad to see there is no XM radio.

"The one feature that didn't quite make the cut was an integrated XM radio receiver."

Maybe they will change it for the XM/Sirius radios?
  • iwant1tooiwant1too Member Posts: 32
    And no seat height adjuster.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    None of the cars you list above provide the combination of low cost, interior room and mileage as the Fit.

Try getting a VW Sportwagon TDI for $14,500.

The Mini's reliability is atrocious.
    I guess I'll be aiming for the Base AT version due to the poor choice of gearing ratios on the MT. WTF was Honda thinking on that? The Fit's excellent fuel economy is one of its strongest attributes, and they sacrificed that for better acceleration? :confuse:
  • mainemanxmainemanx Member Posts: 70
    I think Honda has a history of this, stemming from high-revving motorcycles? Part of our decision to go with an AT 2003 CR-V was because of the high-rev cruising of the MT. We're generally happy with the AT, but I would like to be able to lock-it-in on cruise-control so that it doesn't down-shift on the slightest of hills.
    From Autoblog.com:

[Honda] "hasn't set a precise on sale date for the '09 model, but instead will allow dealers to start selling cars as they arrive in the next few weeks rather than waiting to fill the pipeline. All North American dealers should be selling them shortly after Labor Day, though."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/ab-first-drive-2009-honda-fit-sport/
    According to Honda's official press release, the "official" on sale day is 8/26:
    Honda 09 Fit press release

I know dealers have been taken pre-orders for awhile so maybe that's what the autoblog article means. Most of these review articles were written at least a week ago and were allowed for publishing on the day Honda officially released specs and pricing for the Fit. So these authors might not know the offical on-sale day until the day their articles were published (yesterday).

From Honda's spec sheet, compact spare tire is indeed included. Does anybody know if VSA will be standard on at least the Sport model next year?
    We have just been told, a few days before the cars are available for sale, that VSA is officially available on the Sport + nav trim only for 2009... and you want to know if VSA will be standard on the Sport for 2010? :surprise: Good luck getting any info on that anytime soon.
    I figured that if VSA becomes standard w/o the nav next year then I will wait for the 2010 model. Otherwise I may have to settle for a non-nav sports model instead. I really hate to compromise on safety though.
    You might consider the '09 Pontiac Vibe, now that GM has just enacted their Desperation Employee Pricing Program. It's got the full suite of airbags, 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS & EBD, and stability control standard. You have to lard it up with options to make it comparably equipped with the Fit, but with "employee pricing" it will probably still cost less.
  • corey415corey415 Member Posts: 49
    VSA is required for all models by model year 2012, or calender year Sep 2011. Considering Honda is playing the same games with the Civic, I have a feeling VSA won't be standard across the board on all Fits until the MMC refresh, which would be model year 2012.

I am in the same boat as you. I really want VSA, but on principal I refuse to pay for NAV when I don't really need it. I already have portable GPS and my cell phone can even do GPS maps.
    I am pretty sure ESC (and 4-wheel discs?) is optional on the Vibe, just as it is on its cousin the Matrix. But at least its more widely available on the Vibe than on the Fit.

There are a few small hatches/wagons with ESC standard. For 2009, Impreza, Rabbit, and Elantra Touring are three. Also some versions of the Mazda3s.
    The Edmunds spec sheet lists all those features as standard on the Vibe, though I haven't checked any other sources to confirm it. AC and power controls are options rather than standard though. I really wouldn't have considered the new Vibe as a viable competitor to the new Fit due to its higher price, but the GM employee pricing promo changes the equation.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/pontiac/vibe/100971040/standard.html
    You're right, Pontiac has made ESC standard on the Vibe, even though it's not standard on the Matrix. Good for Pontiac!!
    Part of our decision to go with an AT 2003 CR-V was because of the high-rev cruising of the MT. We're generally happy with the AT, but I would like to be able to lock-it-in on cruise-control so that it doesn't down-shift on the slightest of hills.

That's why with my Fit Sport Auto with paddle shifters on the highway I put it in Sport mode and leave it in 5th gear "manually."

I also don't like the new front door pockets. With my current ones I can put notebook inside because the door pockets are straight across, but the new ones have a big angle on them. I'm also surprised they couldn't get any better MPG out of it.

I do like the additional cup holders and telescoping wheel.
  • blackberry09blackberry09 Member Posts: 3
    FYI - the 2009 Fit Owner's Manuals and Navigation User Manual are posted for free download on Honda's site now: link title

Pretty cool stuff. I've been reading all afternoon.
  • blackberry09blackberry09 Member Posts: 3
    And the owner's manual states that space saver spare tires are included in all US models:

T125/70D15 95Mꭧ3
    T135/80D15 99Mꭧ4

ꭧ3: On models without VSA system and all Canadian models with
    manual transmission
    ꭧ4: On models with VSA system
  • tacostandtacostand Member Posts: 4
    The FE for 2009 is disappointing. Does anyone know how EPA estimates translate into real world numbers? From some of the reviews out there, it sounds like you can get better mileage than the EPA estimates. Would the AT still have the advantage? I ask because I regularly get 32-34mpg combined with my '92 Civic Si, which I'm sure wouldn't be rated so high by current EPA standards. So if in reality, I can get similar or better with the Fit, than I'd be happy with that.

Does anyone know why the Sport AT would get a worse MPG estimate than the Base AT? According to Honda's specs, the Base AT is 28/35/31. But the Sport AT is basically the same as the MT at 27/33/29.

Also, how important is VSC as a safety feature? The dealers I've been talked to all dismiss it as unimportant on such a small car. But they're obviously biased. Any links to an article? Thanks.
    Interesting... the 09 has 10.6 gallon vs. 08's 10.8. I remember hearing a lot of people complaint about small fuel tank and hoping the 09 will be somewhat bigger, but in reality it's the opposite. Not sure why the slight increasing of the car leads to decreasing of gas tank size. The not-so-bad news is that 0.2 gallon isn't such a big deal. FYI The 09 figure comes from Honda's press release, and the 08 figure comes from current website.

I also compared the EPA numbers. The 08 sport auto is exactly the same as the 09 sport auto, so fuel economy is not worse (in real life maybe better - who knows). 09 base auto numbers go up, and I didn't compare the manual ones.

Here's what I wish for the 2010 or beyond from most important to least important: (1) VSA standard on at least the sport. (2) variable intermittent windshield wipers and at least 2 speeds for the rear window. (3) 8 way driver's seat adjustment, preferrably powered, (4) darker tint that blocks/absorbs heat, (5) mp3 track info can be displayed in foreign languages such as Chinese. (6) locking gas cap, and (7) make the navi system as good as the Garmin Nuvi 880 (3-D map, speak street names, traffic re-routing, add bluetooth connection), then I will buy the navi model. Of course, the higher the mileage the better as always!
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Your 92 Civic Si (1.6 MT) is rated at 25/33; 28 average under the new EPA standards.

Does anyone know why the Sport AT would get a worse MPG estimate than the Base AT?

The recent Edmunds review:
    The manual gearbox has shorter overall gearing for quicker acceleration, but it costs 1 mpg on both EPA cycles, as Honda is predicting 27 mpg city/33 mpg highway.

When the Fit Sport is equipped with an automatic, its fuel economy remains the same with 27 mpg city and 33 mpg highway. The only winner here is the automatic-equipped base Fit, which uses a more conservative shift program to get a rating of 28 mpg city/35 mpg highway.

Also, how important is VSC as a safety feature?
    I agree that VSC is better suited for RWD vehicles instead of a small Fit type car. When it's wet and you have a lot of power on the rear wheels they can break loose pretty quick...VSC is nice then.

That situation is more of an anti-slip than VSC...VSC also comes into play at high speeds. My theory is if it only costs a couple hundred $'s then i'll go for it...but I won't break the bank for the feature.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    Came across this... Looks like a cell phone camera shot of some 2010 Honda Fit Sedan. The front nose (hood), rear measurements, and roof height are identical to the 2009 Fit, but the hatch is now a trunk and the swoopy windshield is replaced with a traditional windshield angle. Funky. It really shows how those Fit's have a really long front end.

-----------------------------

THE FIT IS GO!
  • fithopefulfithopeful Member Posts: 7
    I'm a safety girl so I fell in love with the 2008 Fit Sport but decided to wait for the 2009 model based on reports that it would have VSA. I've since read about it only being available on the Sport trim bundled with NAV. I live in Massachusetts and had put a $500 deposit down on a Sport 2 months ago and made a point with the sales rep that I wanted VSA on the new Fit I would be getting in. Despite the articles swimming on the Internet that all say VSA is bundled with NAV, he was trying to tell me today that "we still don't know." However, I got the sense he wasn't being completely honest with me (surprise!) so I inquired at another dealership I had also been speaking to about the new Fit. This is what the sales rep told me (hope you can follow the email stream - most recent response is first and I changed names):

[start email stream]
    -------------------------------
    Honda Sales rep:
    That is correct.

---------- Original Message ----------
    Thanks, Honda Sales rep...so you are saying that you can only get Nav with VSA on Sports models in certain states in the US for 2009?

Best,
    FitHopeful

----- Original Message ----
    Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:09:55 PM

Hi FitHopeful

Yes, the information you have is correct about having to get the Sport model with Navigation in order to get the VSA. I did run a locate of the exact vehicle that you
    are looking for, and I don't see that vehicle being available in New England.
    -----------------------------
    [end email stream]

I don't know if I have missed an old post on this but has anyone else gotten a sense that VSA/NAV won't even necessarily be available on Sports trims for the Fit in all states when the 2009s go on sale this coming week? This is a major bad news scenario for me...I'm even thinking of switching to a (gulp!) 2009 Toyota Corolla now.
    :cry:
  • badselfbadself Member Posts: 39
    If you do go with the Corolla, it won't be because of the unavailability of nav in New England Fits. Nav is available in all 50 states, with some limited functionalities for users in Hawaii and Alaska. Your dealer is either (1) not interested in securing the vehicle of your choice, but more likely (2) he did not select units equipped with vsa/nav when ordering his initial quota, and must now try to D/X your preferred configuration from another dealer who may have ordered nav/vsa units.

I reside in Maryland, and my dealer indicated that he ordered 4 nav/vsa vehicles out of his initial 20 or so units, anticipating that the vehicles could be initially somewhat rare. One of the four was a Sport Auto vsa/nav in storm silver, built the week of August 4th, which I hope to take possession of by the end of September.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Uh, photochopped anyone?
    Thanks, badself! I just called the sales consultant back up and told him I saw an official press release this morning that NAV and VSA are bundled together and that that is what I want. He still tried to talk me out of it by saying it would be a lot more money (actually, compared to the Corolla LE with VSA I was looking at it is comparable in price and more what I want). For some reason he hasn't been very helpful in working with me on what I want...perhaps because, like you said, finding a Sport with VSA/NAV is more work for him. But he said he would change my order now. Glad I won't be buying another new car for awhile!
  • tacostandtacostand Member Posts: 4
    I've been having a similarly frustrating time with dealers (surprise!). I guess I don't really understand the process. But I'd hoped that if I were pre-ordering the car, I could specify exactly what color and what options I wanted. But dealers don't seem very open to doing that and act as if they can't get anything other than what's already in the pipeline. Maybe that's true. Or maybe demand is just so high that it's not worth their time to order something special.

Has anyone heard anything about colors for the 2009 Fit? The two dealers I've been speaking to say I can make a deposit on a silver or black Fit. I was hoping for blue...
    Just for fun...

The owner of this Honda Fit convertable must have forgotten to check the weather forecast. Oh well, a little rain never hurt anyone.

-------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

THE FIT IS GO!
    I saw this posted on another discussion board (and I had the dealer order me one in Tidewater Blue...we'll see if he comes through!):

These are the colors with interiors they come with:
    Sport-
    CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL/BLACK
    BLUE SENSATION/BLACK
    TIDEWATER BLUE METALLIC/BLACK
    ORANGE REVOLUTION/BLACK
    BLACKBERRY PEARL/BLACK
    MILANO RED/BLACK
    STORM SILVER METALLIC/BLACK
    TAFFETA WHITE/BLACK

Base-
    CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL/GRAY
    BLUE SENSATION/GRAY
    TIDEWATER BLUE METALLIC/GRAY
    MILANO RED/GRAY
    STORM SILVER METALLIC/GRAY
    TAFFETA WHITE/GRAY
  • gr8poobahgr8poobah Member Posts: 7
    To Tacostand: Consumer Reports says ESC is the best safety improvement since seat belts.
    Speaking of Fit safety...
    Here's some Fit safety info from the Hondanews website:

Standard safety features on all models:
    • Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure NEW
    • Anti-lock brake system (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
    • 3-point seat belts in all seating positions
    • Front seat belts with automatic tensioning system
    • Driver and front passenger Active Head Restraints NEW
    • Driver and front passenger seat belt reminder
    • Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags (SRS)
    • Front side airbags with Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
    • Side curtain airbag system (front and rear seats)
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    • Side-impact door beams
    • Pedestrian-injury mitigation design in the front of the vehicle
    • Outboard Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system (both rear seats)
    • Child-proof rear door locks

THE FIT IS GO!
  • pkc3pkc3 Member Posts: 1
    these are strange stories, it is pretty aggravating that these people give you such a hard time while taking your money. i have ordered a 2009 fit sport with vsa/nav etc, and in the color i want, and the dealer never gave me a hard time. he had to wait for the MSRP, of course, but honda confirmed the order long ago. it is possible that the dealers you are talking with don't have a good enough arrangement with honda to actually acquire the car you want. i can't believe some jerk dealer would make up all these ridiculous stories just to avoid putting in an order for your car. the problem isn't with the state, it is with your dealer.
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Member Posts: 247
    The 09 FIT should have hit the dealers today. Has anyone seen and driven one yet?
This discussion has been closed.