Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Extended Warranty & Service Offers

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    7yr/100K for $940

Seems like a great price, to be honest. Especially considering you're past the factory 36k mile warranty.

Go for it.
  • madams1madams1 Member Posts: 101
    Ok, I am confused. I thought that you could not get a factory extended warranty past 3 years or 36k miles. This is a Toyota warranty you got from the dealer and not aftermarket.
  • 330blast330blast Member Posts: 49
    Yes, it says clearly on the contract "TOYOTA Extra Care, 84 months/100000 miles".

I guess it's because I bought a certified used car from a Toyota dealer, which the F & I manager told me that I had 30 days to purchase the extra care package. Probably not applicable to private owner whose vehicle's orginal warraty is expired.

Mine is a LE with EVP #1 (passenger side power slide door, power driver seat, home link, trip computer), so not a ton of bells and whistles. But like people say "they all break", being Toyota means less breaks, but not none, especially with the relatively high mileage on the van. I believe it's more of the mileage that wears the car than the year.

I used the Edmunds True cost of ownership to estimate the repair cost of the 2008 sienna LE (8 passenger), and the 4th and 5th year cost are $384 and $447. They run the estimate based on 15000 miles/year, so mine is literally into the 4th year now :(

Sounds like a pretty good deal I got, I think I will keep it.

Thanks all for the input.
    Thanks for the information. That puts a new twist on buying a certified Toyota and upgrading to full coverage. I do not believe that you can upgrade a Honda certified warranty to full coverage. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
  • serenesiennaserenesienna Member Posts: 4
    Just locked in a Toyota -provided extended warranty coverage for 7yrs/100K for $700 (dealership in the Pacific NW area) on a brand-new 2010 Sienna XLE (vehicle purchased 10 days back)
  • moevtmoevt Member Posts: 4
    That seems a great price. My 2010 Sienna XLE AWD was purchased in June and the dealer quoted me $1,395 for the 7year/100,000 mile Plantinum Toyota Care warranty. On the day of the purchase, he wouldn't go down one red cent! I read about better deals on this forum and called dealership back within a few weeks and told him I'd pay $945 (to match internet quote) and he agreed immediately. I will never pay full price again!!
    Wow!

Dealership name, please?
  • phillymomphillymom Member Posts: 30
    I am planning to purchase a 08 CE Sienna with 27K miles

The dealer has offered a extended warranty of 5yr/100K for $1,500 (not a Toyota dealer)

Is this a good price? I like the option of putting the cost into my monthly financing but do not want to overpay for the warranty.

Since this is not a Toyota dealer can I go to a dealership and get a quote from them also?
    Get other quotes because I've seen 7/100 for under a grand, and that's from Toyota.
    What are people usually paying for a Toyota Extended Warranty and what are the different levels?

Does the level change what is covered or just the length of coverage?

Thanks
    You can google Toyota Warranties and get several sites that sell online. One is Littleton, MA Toyota. There are 3 levels of coverage with each level covering different parts and various time/mileage. You should be able to get a better price on line than at the dealer.
  • chochimchochim Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote today from Midwest Superstore for Toyota Warranty....
    7yr-100,000 mile for $889.00 and 7yr-75,000 mile for $594.00. This is for a 2010 Sienna LE FWD. Pretty hard to beat and from what I read here they have a great reputation. Florida dealer quoted me $1800.00 for 7-100 written by Fidelity Warranty Services compared to Toyota plan from Midwest.
    I think those prices sound great.

A benefit of Toyota's reputation is that low price.
  • iwannagofast1iwannagofast1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a certified used Toyota Sienna. Can I purchase the platinum wrap around warranty from another dealer? Of course on the Toyota website it seems to state that you can't.

"The Toyota Extra Care Certified VSA is available through your Toyota dealer only at the time you purchase or lease your TCUV"

That seems like they are obviously trying to lock you in.
    Any input would be appreciated or recommendations for dealers that would sell me one.
    Thanks!
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    Certified used warranties require a full inspection and are a means of encouraging customers to buy even used vehicles through their dealer system with a like new protection plan. I doubt they consider it in their interests to allow you to purchase separate from the vehicle sale.

Vehicles still in the 36month/36k from brand new can still get extended warranty coverage though.
    I wanted to let interested parties know that you can purchase the Toyota backed warranty after the basic warranty expires. As explained before if the vehicle is certifed, you can pay an additonal charge to 'wrap' the extra platinum coverage. In our case the 08 LE we purchased was not certified and out of basic warranty. We bought from the dealer a 5 year 60K used car platinum warranty and it covers the same as the warranty you buy before the basic warranty expires. The kicker is the warranty is expensive. We refused to pay the 1,800.00 they wanted, so the dealer discounted the vehicle to come up with the price we agreed to pay for the warranty.

Hope this helps.
  • hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    Hi - can someone help make sure I understand.......I expect to buy a NEW Sienna which has 3/36 warranty.

I understand I should shop online for a TOYOTA warranty which could take it out to 7yrs.

My question is WHY should you buy this at initial sale if it can be purchased anytime up until you hit 3/36? Does the cost go much higher if you wait? If it is similar cost, would seem one should wait......perhaps after 3 yrs I am getting a new car for some reason, or otherwise have a feeling that the car is either a lemon or not......

help me understand - thanks
    I think the Toyota price to the dealer remains the same between 0 and 36Kmiles. Benefits to ordering early is the roadside assistance are some extras not in the standard coverage like roadside assistance(something I took for granted after buying Ford and Subaru, but did not come standard from Toyota), rental car, and lodging and meals reimbursement while traveling.

I decided that with all the gizmos on these vans that I would be buying the coverage anyway, found Platinum/no deductible 7/70 for around $600 and went ahead and got the coverage within a few weeks of getting ours.
    I also wanted to say that I believe that you can only buy the Toyota used car warranty(after 3 year - 36k) from the dealer. I do not believe you can buy online after the intial 3 year or 36k is expired. I may be wrong about that, so someone correct me if I am wrong.
  • jaybhaijaybhai Member Posts: 6
    yatesjo: Where did you end up buying your warranty?

I'm about to buy a 2011 Sienna and want to buy the extended warranty online if the dealer doesn't give me a fair price.
  • hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    no I would be buying this before the 3/36 expires. Just didnt know why I would spend the money now vs 3 yrs from now, if its not really getting me anything for 3 years. Not buying, you retain the option to buy or not buy later. But youre saying you get a few tangible benefits in the interim. Thanks for the help.
    Just $600? Dang... :surprise:
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    > Got a quote today from Midwest Superstore for Toyota Warranty....

How did you contact them?
    I cannot find a word about Toyota Warranty on their site.
  • samiqbalsamiqbal Member Posts: 1
    I bought and preordered 2011 Sienna LTD AWD drive today. I will be getting this car in next few weeks. I am looking for geniune toyota Platinum 7 yr/100 K warranty package , paint , rust and salt protection package. Any info and help thanks.
    Congrats. You're the first 2011 purchase I've read about.

Sweet van... :shades:
    In July of 2008 I got that from Toyota of Danville through Doug Bonczek
    I looked it up... $565 actually.
    edited February 2010
    Do you still have his e-mail or phone? If so please e-mail me it to me, please.

That's incredible. $565 won't pay for a minor service nowadays.
  • momof2chicsmomof2chics Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Hi-

I'm buying a 2009 Sienna LE 8 seater and was offered the extended warranty 7/100k for around $1,300 I'm glad I looked here before I decided. I didn't realize the warranty was negotiable. I was told since it's an 09 with less than 25k miles the extended warrenty b2b included wear and tear on the covered items which the factory warranty didn't cover but only if I buy it now. If I buy it closer to when the factory warranty ends than it would not include wear and tear. That's why I'm interested in gettng the additional coverage. Has anyone else heard the same?

But unless I missed it I don't exactly see where to go to get quotes to bring back to see if he can match. Anyone know where I can find this?
    I've seen much lower prices so let's see if someone here has got a recent price quote.
  • katil69katil69 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    I tried to google www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com but i was not able to find any website. I just purchase Sienna XLE and my dealership wanted $1600 for 7yr/75k miles.

Can someone please tell me where they were able to purchase 8yr/100k miles warranty for $880?

Appreciate all your help. Thank you.
  • retriever1retriever1 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the process of buying a 2011 Sienna LTD 2WD, and looking for the 7-year/100k/0$ decuctable platinum extended warranty plan. I read from some postings here that you can get that for $880. If so, please provide contact information of the dealer. Thank you.
    Hope this may be helpful to all:

I just got a quote from Toyota Midwest in Kansas City for a 7-year/100k/$0 dedutabile platinum warranty plan for $889, almost 50% off list price
    In fact, the guy sent me the whole price book. He confirmed that this is a genuine factory plan good for all US states.
  • wgr3wgr3 Member Posts: 11
    The reason the cost of the warranty is less the earlier in the life of the vehicle you buy it is exactly like life insurance, in that the the statistics change with miles and time. Not only is the cost less when the warranty is purchased at the time of sale or relatively soon thereafter, so too is the extent of the coverage. A warranty may cover up to as long as 120,000 miles bumper to bumper when sold on a new car for $2500, but on a car with 40,000 miles only a 5yr / 60000 may be available, and the cost may be $7000 for the same coverage....and I am not talking a high end car or truck, either.
  • wgr3wgr3 Member Posts: 11
    You can buy an extended warranty anytime, just the price and the coverage change based on the age and mileage on the vehicle.
  • kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    thanks! just picked up my Sienna XLE and was offered same warranty for 1450 and thought it seemed high so didn't buy it. We are price shopping for warranty now.

Can you tell me if you purchased and financed your vehicle thru Midwest Toyota to get this warranty price? Did you go with that quote?

Thanks!
    Hi kingofnithin:

I called Toytota Corporate this morning to make sure Midwest Toyota is a legitimate authorized dealer for vehicles as well as warranty plans. They confirmed Midwest is a good customer. I just sent Midwest the VIN number and my info to purchase the 0$deductable 7year/100k platinum plan for $889. THis is the best price I have seen anywhere. Anyone can purchase from Midwest. You don't have to buy the vehicle from them.I just purchased my Seinna LTD last night in San Diego, California. The local dealer quoted me over $3k for the warranty plan. It was beyond belief. I can provide an update when I complete the pirchase.

retriever1
    Thanks, did you just call and speak with the service department?
  • kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    Thank you retriever1 ... we're tooo busy until mid next week to deal with this, but also plan to purchase. Keep us posted!

This is the quotes I recieved from them if anyone else is interested ...

T3-TOYOTA SIENNA VAN,

6 YEAR 75,000 MILES $509.00,

6 YEAR 100,000 MILES $749.00

6 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,019.00

7 YEARS 75,000 MILES $594.00,

7 YEAR 100,000 MILES $889.00

7 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,144.00

8 YEAR 75,000 MILES $709.00

8 YEARS 100,000 MILES $1,039.00

8 YEAR 125,000 MILES $1,399.00
    The 8/75k is tempting for me. I have 2 cars so I only do about 10k miles per year. That would stretch my powertrain warranty by up to 3 years...
  • emptywalletemptywallet Member Posts: 3
    Hi Retriever1,

If you don't mind, please forward me the price book. We just bought our 2011 Sienna and now want to buy the ESP and maintenance plan.

Thanks!
    Hi emptywallet:

Congratulations on your new car. Here is the complete price book from Midwest Toyota:
    T3-TOYOTA SIENNA VAN,

6 YEAR 75,000 MILES $509.00,
    6 YEAR 100,000 MILES $749.00
    6 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,019.00

7 YEARS 75,000 MILES $594.00,
    7 YEAR 100,000 MILES $889.00
    7 YEARS 125,000 MILES $1,144.00

8 YEAR 75,000 MILES $709.00
    8 YEARS 100,000 MILES $1,039.00
    8 YEAR 125,000 MILES $1,399.00
  • toyfan4toyfan4 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks retriever1, I called midwest and they offered me same price...I've choosen
    8 YEAR 75,000 MILES $709.00 and paid over phone. They had mentioned documentation would arrive in 2 weeks directly from toyota.
    Lemme know how that goes. That's exactly what I would choose for my pace/mileage.
    I have received the official 7year/100k/$0 deductable warranty agreement from Toyota today. It was purchased from Midwest Toyota as advertised.
  • iautoiauto Member Posts: 8
    I got 8 yr / 100K mile extended warranty for $1200 on Sienna LE.

Is that a good deal?
  • namariasnamarias Member Posts: 11
    Hi
    I think you should give this to your dealer and ask him/her to provide the same.
    Extended warranty is the high margin product/package for dealers and for a car like Toyota they really make a lot of money.
    Show the Internet offer and they will give you at the same price.
    I got a Sienna 2011 base V6 and got a 8 yr / 100k (MSRP 1800$) at $1000 for Platinum extended warranty.
    The dealers' and salesmen have latitude to bring it down to around 40-50%.
    You will be surprised that your dealer will buy into the price reduction.
    It is better to get the extended warranty from the dealer you buy.
    All the best.
    Cheers...
    Sai
    I think it is a great deal. It is 33% less than MSRP ($1800).

I got mine with a lot of negotiation for $1000 but I think you did great by bringing it down. If you have any opportunity ask some thing from the dealer in exchange (some freebies)
    Cheers...
    Sai
    I got the following offer from the dealer here in Richmond VA
    What was offered:
    Total MSRP - $26,809.00 ($25500 + 280.00 Carpets + 800.00 Destination + 220.00 Towing Prep)

What I Paid
    21,655.23 Base Price
    395.00 Tint
    280.00 Carpets
    800.00 Destination
    175.00 Towing Prep
    23,305.23 Final Price

I also paid $1179 with taxes for 8 yr/ 100k, 0$ deductible extended warranty, $350 for GAP insurance, $440 for 2 year extended maintenance.
    All of this I got through a 4.4% financing (0% down).

I did not get much negotiating handle on the warranties, etc as I had many bargains on the vehicle as such.
    I want to know if I could have done better.
    Cheers..
    Sai
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    OK...so tell me if I am in left field...on my last toyota warranty purchase it was possible to buy as long as the vehicle was under the mileage/months (36K/36mo). SO has something changed? Why would a person buy the extended warranty on a brand new car? Why wouldn't you hold off and use the $ for the next three years, then buy it/ Unless the ability to finance is a must...somebody school me?