Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 - 2006 Honda CR-Vs

Comments

• beatfarmerbeatfarmer Member Posts: 244
    The steering feel is crisp and handling is quite good for an SUV. Body roll is appearent but not excessive. It tends to understeer when pushed hard (typical of most vehicles today). Doesn't lose its composure on rough surfaces.

Don't tow either. Check www.hondasuv.com for hitch reviews and trailering reports.
  • ellenk2ellenk2 Member Posts: 5
    I've started the search for a small SUV. Been reading on all the chat lines and there is no eutopia. Rav4 feels small. Liked the drive of Escape, but scared of Ford/Mazda 1st car debut. I bought that before (MX6) 93 - one car listed as one not to buy. But it's lasted 9 years. Read CRV is scheduled for body change. Should I try to wait? I like Honda's reliability. How about the Highlander (Toyota) that I've read some about? Any help is appreciated. Looking for reliability, comfort, cargo space, not necessarily towing capability.
  • rfarhajrfarhaj Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys,

I have bought a 2001 CR-V SE for my wife and it has 6900 miles on it. CR-V is in excellent condition and has all the extras. However, my wife wants to have an Accord 2001 LX 4Cyl. So we're considering the idea of trading in this CR-V for the Accord. Could anyone tell me the pros and cons (besides losing money) and how to get a good trade in value from the dealer? Any ideas as to how much the trade in value will it be for this CR-V?
  • varmitvarmit Member Posts: 1,125
    Looking for reliability, comfort, cargo space, not necessarily towing capability.

Reliability removes the Escape/Tribute from the list (zoom, zoom, boom). Cargo removes the RAV4 (actually there is space in there, you just have to remove the seats). That leaves comfort and cargo space.

I'd recommend the CR-V or Forester. Both are reliable, safe, economical, and reasonably comfortable. The CR-V has the edge in price, backseat space, and cargo, but the Forester has a longer list of luxury options, good engine, and better AWD. Problems: The CR-V is loud and the Forester is ugly. The Highlander would be a great idea, but it's going to be considerably more pricey than the mini-utes. Good luck.

rfarhaj - Try to sell your CR-V rather than trade it in.
  • basset3basset3 Member Posts: 9
    Haven't been here for awhile.

Is there any news on the updated 2002 CRV?

Appreciate any responses...thanks?
  • wantto4wantto4 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy an SUV. As well as being my compute car I want to go off road. No boulder chiming just gravel, rocky, rutted desert roads.
    Any input with personal experience would be greatly appreciated. I have one more criteria, the SUV has to weight less than 3500 bbs as I intend to tow behind my Motor Home.
    Basset3 - Sorry nothing new. I wouldn't expect reliable news until Summer of this year.

Wantto4 - Depends on the terrain. The RAV4 has little ground clearance to overcome the rocks and ruts, but the option of a limited slip diffy might make it a better choice for sand, loose gravel, and/or mud. However, if traction is not your biggest worry, then the CR-V's better ground clearance would give it the advantage on uneven terrain. Both serve well as daily commuters.
    For anyone interested in CR-V sales:

1999 models
    LX 2WD with A/T = 25,231 units
    LX 4WD with M/T = 5,417 units
    LX 4WD with A/T = 21,104 units
    EX 4WD with M/T = 7,821 units (one is all mine)
    EX 4WD with A/T = 50,612 units
    Totals
    M/T = 13,238
    A/T = 96,947

2000 models
    LX 2WD with A/T = 25,997 units
    LX 4WD with M/T = 4,577 units
    LX 4WD with A/T = 16,708 units
    EX 4WD with M/T = 6,588 units
    EX 4WD with A/T = 42,259 units
    SE 4Wd with A/T = 16,128 units
    Totals
    M/T = 11,165
    A/T = 101,092

Sales are continuing for the 2000 models even though the 2001's are available. Credit for this info must be given to CR-V Engineer over at the CR-V IX.
  • snowlingsnowling Member Posts: 2
    Have been wondering, if I get a CRV, are there standard rear hitch bikeracks available? I do not care to drag my bike up and down from the roof. I know the door can't open when I got the hitch and bikes on but preferable to the roof. It seems to me theres a permanent hitch at the back that's basically tucked underneath, then you can push in the actual bikerack mounting part when you need it. Or was I just dreaming this? Thanks
  • sschumersschumer Member Posts: 19
    Earlier this week my wife and I picked up her new 2001 Subaru Forester S. I wanted to take a moment to share how pleased I was with this decision, and the positive buying experience involved. A couple of months ago I set out looking for a replacement for my wife's 1992 Honda Accord EX Wagon -- which has served us (and our two young sons, now ages 10 and 8) extremely well through 220,000 miles. We were looking to buy outright again, and the buying criteria was clear. In priority order, it was: reliability, safety -- based largely on all-wheel drive and air bags offered, cargo space, gas mileage, key features that had to include among other things a moonroof and leather interior, and price. Based on this, another Honda Accord Wagon would have hit the mark (except for the all-wheel drive). But since Honda no longer makes wagons, I began researching other small wagons and small SUV's. I spent a couple of months going through Consumer Reports, Consumer Guide, The Car Book, and a host of Internet sites that included Edmunds, Cars.com, Car and Driver.com, CarReview.com and others. What I learned was the Subaru Forester was far and away the best choice for us. It is clearly a better overall product than either the Toyota RAV-4, Honda CR-V, Mazda Tribute or Ford Escape among small SUV's. What really set the Forester apart was its consensus top-of-the-class rating by Consumer Reports, Consumer Guide and The Car Book; its proven
    reliability; excellent customer satisfaction; all-wheel drive from most experienced manufacturer, along with a viscous limited slip rear differential; highest HP & torque 4-cylinder engine; best-of-class crash rating; best-rated handling and ride; larger cargo space; and 60 month/60,000 mile major components warranty. Key features that were also important to us but pretty much comparable to its competition were the 4-wheel ABS & disc brakes, side impact door beams, side airbags (except the RAV-4), moonroof (except for the CR-V, which doesn't offer one and can't have one installed -- Honda says they have to remove a roof beam, which would negatively affect the structure of the car body) and leather interior, gas mileage, price, heated seats, ability to use regular gas, a full-size spare, heated power mirrors, loaner cars for overnight service while under warranty and door-to-door shuttle service thereafter . Although I have to admit even the little things -- like the de-icing front wiper, integrated window antenna, multiple storage compartments, a rubber cargo area tray, subfloor storage, a dimming rear view mirro with electronic compass, and the easiest-to-open rear door (especially when compared to the CR-V) -- were advantages over the competition as well. I never would have bought the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute -- neither companies have good reliability records overall, and these products are in their first year of production. The President of Mazda happens to be an old friend of mine, so I knew if I wanted the Tribute I could get a great deal. It
    wouldn't have been worth it.

I'll also tell you we considered a few wagons -- with the Subaru Outback and Volkswagen Passat coming out on top. Here, my wife and I simply preferred the SUV-style over the Outback wagon. And while the Passat wagon is a highly-rated vehicle, to get what we got with the Forester would have meant spending an additional $4,000 to get all-wheel drive, forcing us into the 6-cylinder model with much poorer gas mileage and a requirement to use much more expensive premium gas. All in all, I can't get over the outstanding combination the Subaru Forester offers in terms of reliability, safety, features and value.

With all this, I still had just a bit of hesitation before making the final buying decision because neither my wife or I had ever owned a Subaru. This is where Al Rowe, our salesman, came in. His professionalism, knowledge and straightforwardness in dealing with both of us made the difference. In sales myself -- 20 years with IBM as a salesman, sales manager and now sales executive -- I've learned a thing or two about salesmanship and the right way to earn a customer's business. Al Rowe represented Subaru very well. We expect this to be just the start of a long-term, positive relationship with Subaru of Morristown, New Jersey as we need to service our Forester along the way -- and look for our next car!
  • scnamescname Member Posts: 296
    You are a @#$%(*^%$^ Subaru salesman. Stop spamming this a dozen other SUV boards.
  • gonzo1124gonzo1124 Member Posts: 27
    Su, Su, Su, Subaru...but it ain't no Honda!
  • indagoindago Member Posts: 1
    Help! My son & I took the CR-V through some muddy tracks. Got stuck in a watery mud-hole.

Got out just fine but now I have some grinding, whiny noises coming from my driver's side of the engine. Water came up to the bottom of the engine cabin only. There are no hesitations while driving only this whiny noise.

Any suggestions before my husband kills me??

Thanks,
    Indago
  • pbardpbard Member Posts: 2
    I live in Northern California and just bought my 2000 CR-V EX Manual Transmission in September. I've been waiting to take it up to the mountains to ski and would like to hear any feedback from anyone who has driven their CR-V in the snow. Gone are the days of putting on chains on my old VW Rabbit and praying that it won't freeze up and die.

I just would like to know how it handles, if you ever need chains along with the AWD. Also, how do you know that the AWD has kicked in? Is the AWD sufficient enought to get you through a snowstorm. Just let me know your experiences, I'd appreciate it.
    Scname and Gonzo - Now, now, folks... There's no need to be rude. Sschumer is obviously looking for a medal, I see no reason why we can't give it him.

Indago - Are you sure that the sound is coming from the engine? Trying revving it a little while stopped in neutral and see if the noise is still there. It's possible that you did get water in the engine (very bad!), but from the sounds of it, you weren't in deep enough. You may have also gotten debris wedged into someplace where it is grinding against moving parts. Good luck.

Snowling - what you are looking for is a bike rack attachment for a towing hitch. Take a look at Yakima, Tule, and Weathertech. I've never investigated these myself, so I'm not sure what will fit the standard CR-V hitch.
    Pbard - I just drove three hours through a small snow storm last weekend. My CR-V has been great. The car is very stable even when RT4WD is not engaged. 4WD in any form will not give you "better" traction, it only send power to the places that might have traction. Therefore, you may need chains for any vehicle. Here in my part of New England, the snow doesn't last long enough to make chains a necessity.

BTW, some folks have reported a vibration in the drivetrain when RT4WD is engaged. I've felt this a few times, but there are other times when it has engaged without the vibration. I suspect (but can't prove) that the vibration depends on the amount of slippage or the speed at which it engages.

Kyle
    5 speed '99 EX
    35+K
  • sschumersschumer Member Posts: 19
    Scname, don't know whether this pleases you or not to learn, but I really have no ties to Subaru whatsoever. My story and opinions are my own. I'm an IBM worldwide sales operations executive, located at 1133 Westchester Ave, White Plains, NY. Feel free to check. My apologies for the multiple postings. I'd never posted before, thought it helpful to share my experience within the different postings that made sense. This is what my research turned
    up, but in the end it's just my opinion and not be taken as anything more than that. I have found it interesting so far that almost no one seems interested in debating the points I made between these vehicles, instead just assuming my bullishness for the Forester must be because I'm a Subaru mouthpiece. To each his own.
    SSchumer - If you like I can debate the points that you've made, but it would probably be easier for you to just go the archived topics and read all 1,434,998,434,334,023 posts on the subject in the Honda CR-V vs Subaru Forester threads. For the past few years, I've seen many Soob owners here in this thread preaching the gospel of Soob over and over again (even though an entirely different thread existed for the same topic). In a comparison made by Edmunds, they made a remark that the CR-V was a great car because it finishes second place in so many categories. No one particular feature made it stand out. For years the CR-V was attacked from all sides (this car has better engine, this other can is better off-road, this other car has a moonroof,...) It's not easy to defend a car that has no "smoking gun". It makes us owners a bit defensive. Many of us here in Honda land have gotten a bit tired of hearing about comparisons with other cars. We do not look forward to a revival of the subject. As a new poster here in these threads, you could not have known that. No harm, no foul. Enjoy your car.
  • dfieldingdfielding Member Posts: 12
    Pbard- I have a '99 5 speed CRV, I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I live near the mountains and drive through snow and ice through many months. I call the CRV my snow buggy because it is so sure footed in the snow. It gets great traction with the stock BF Goodrich tires on it though I notice a little less traction as the tread wears down (to be expected). When I first got it I wanted to see how deep the snow could be before the CRV would get stuck or start to have difficulty. I had to give up that test because I couldn't find snow higher than the tops of the tires and it still had no difficulty (maybe the relatively light weight of the vehicle helps). I cannot imagine a situation in which snowchains would be necessary unless on glare ice on a steep slope. Snow tires on all 4 corners (rather than the all season tires) would be even more awesome!
  • pbardpbard Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the responses dfielding and varmit. I'll be driving up the mountains in the Tahoe area of California. I can't wait to see what it will do now. I know lot's of times, the snow storms get so bad that they recommend that even 4wd cars need chains, but I'm just going to stay away from that weather. Thanks for the responses, can't wait to enjoy the AWD. It's too bad that they didn't put an indicator light in the dashboard or instrument panel to let the driver know that the AWD was engaged. I love my CR-V and can't wait to use it to its full potential.
  • SpyponderSpyponder Member Posts: 128
    If you plan on driving in the Tahoe area in the winter, you should get a set of chains anyway to be on the safe side. You may not plan to be driving around in a snowstorm, but big storms can hit pretty quickly and unexpectedly up there, and it can't hurt to have a set of chains handy for emergencies.

I have never been required by the roadblocks to put chains on my CR-V when chain controls were in effect, but again, it's better to have them handy - $40 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

A set of chains fits quite nicely in the well under the picnic table!
  • daiwang2001daiwang2001 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2001 ex, had it for two month with garage. Yesterday, for two times in one day, I had difficulties turning the car key to start the car. Any suggestions and anyone had the same difficulties.
  • tomcat99tomcat99 Member Posts: 8
    Daiwang2001,

I had this problem several times with my '99 CRV. What I did was nudge the car a little bit..push or rock the car to loosen the steering wheel and you should be able to turn the key.
  • dgarbdgarb Member Posts: 2
    Just thought I would add my experience with our CR-V in the snow. My finace has a '99 EX 5-spd. In most conditions when I have driven it in the snow the vehicle is great. However, because it lacks any type of limit slip, if you drop one wheel off the shoulder, and it gets stuck, your stuck.

In attempting to make a U-turn on a narrow road, I tried to use what looked like a snow covered shoulder that was level with the road. It turned out the shoulder dropped off into a ditch. With both passenger side wheels in and the drivers wheels on the road, the tires in the snow just spun. I had to be pulled out. Maybe Honda will add Ltd slip in the future.
    What Tomcat described sounds like what happens when you lock the steering wheel of any car. I'm not sure if that is the problem Daiwang is posting about, but it would cause the same effect.

Dgarb - Actually, you need to get two wheels off the ground, but you're right a limited slip would be an improvement.

What may have happened to you was one rear wheel was removed from contact with the ground (actually the ground was removed from the wheel :-)). If the back of the car sank down because of this, it might have lifted the opposite front wheel far enough to break its traction. Kinda like a teeter-totter. One end goes down and the other goes up.
  • sasquatch_2000sasquatch_2000 Member Posts: 800
    My brother has something called (or from?) Treadhead. Good luck. I guess I won't look at the CRV based on discussion of poor snow handling above. I want something to get to the mountains the day after a blizzard. This includes getting out of ditches I don't see until too late.
    Thanx, tomcat. It might be the case. I'll try the strategies you recommended.
  • regan9regan9 Member Posts: 2
    I unfortunately just had an accident last night in my CRV...a drunk driver went through a red light and I hit him broad side. Luckily both of us walked away without injury. My whole front end is smashed including the windshield and the front driverside door doesn't open easily now. It was a 2000 EX automatic and my question is, when they repair it, are they going to automatically put in generic parts or can I request to have Honda parts used? I haven't gotten any estimates yet and I really am just looking for some advice on what to do. Thanks.
  • damazzodamazzo Member Posts: 2
    I am trying to decide between CRV, Passport or Forrester - I know Passport is not really in the same category but I like it better. However safety issues are a real concern which are preventing me from purchasing. I have a real issue with the interior of the CRV or I would have bought it already. Does anyone else feel that the front seats are small and the dash and folding tray are not very impressive? The interior of the Forrester is great but I really think the exterior looks more like a station wagon than an SUV. I am a loyal Honda customer but I feel like I might not be happy with the interior seating and comfort. Help!
  • damazzodamazzo Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to mention that I am looking at the 2001 4WD SE. Not very impressed by the leather but I like it better than the cloth. Thinking about a lease because I keep trading my cars in after 4 years. Is a lease for $325 p/m with $500 down and 15k a good deal or should I go for the higher payments and buy?
    Sasquatch2000 - Actually, the CR-V does fairly well in snow. Read back a few posts.

But, if you really think that you'll be blizzard bound and may end up in a ditch, there are only a few mini-Utes that'll meet your needs. There are some that offer an LSD as an option or with their top of the line models (Forester S, RAV4, and Xterra SE).

I'd discount the Forester as it's got too little ground clearance (7.5" with awful approach/departure angles). You'd get high centered instead of having your wheels spin (too bad, because otherwise it's a great little car).

The RAV4 is nice and with 8.3" ground clearance and a LSD, it'll meet your requirements. The Xterra SE also has a LSD and 8.4". Just watch out for the cost of these two.

Regan9 - Very sorry to read about your accident. Very glad to see that you're okay. Maybe I'm reading too much into the description of your CR-V's damage, but, it's been my experience, cars with that much body work to be done are generally considered totaled. Hope that I'm wrong.

Damazzo - Remember that the Passport is really an Isuzu. Nuff said. Despite having been beaten with an Aztec stick, the Forester is a better alternative than the Pisspoor. The CR-V's interior is boring, but I've always found it to be spacious and comfy. The dash is bland, but well put together, ergonomically correct, and durable. My only quality gripe is with the flimsy drawer under the passenger's seat. The folding console is actually quite sturdy given its operation. Those unimpressive "leather" seats in the SE are faux leather. Read closely and you'll see that they are "leather trimmed".
  • mihai1mihai1 Member Posts: 10
    I would like to buy a CR within the next few months but I have some concerns about the steering wheel position. I have been in a CR only briefly at the auto show, but the steering wheel's position looked a little strange... and I felt the need to adjust it more. Is that a real problem, or you get used to it? I love the CR, and I wouldn't consider any other small sport utility given Honda's reliability, value, and good looks. Thanks
  • canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    I would wait for the next generation CR-V, if you can wait that long. Based on Honda's past history, it should be a big improvement over the current one.
  • axc1axc1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there ! Got a 97 CR- that came with manufacturer key less entry system. Has worked like a charm for 3 years. Now, within one week, it has gone off by itself 3 times. One time was a few seconds after initiating the alarm. Other in the middle of the night..EMBARASSING !
    Anybody experienced this problem or have any ideas of why it acting up. I'm bringing it the the dealer since this problem started after a routine oil change for which the steering wheel belt was changed (it was making a noise)
    thanks
  • canadianclcanadiancl Member Posts: 1,078
    Does your alarm include the hood switch? It could be that they inadvertently damaged the switch or put it out of alignment when they were working under the hood since the switch is installed right at the front of the engine bay close to the hood latch.
  • suvshopper4suvshopper4 Member Posts: 1,110
    I do not have a CR-V, but I once had a VW Golf that iced up inside. Turns out water was leaking into the interior by coming down the driver's side window and passing through a bad door seal (just inside the interior door panel, where it covers the metal guts of the door). The water collected in the footwell of the rear seat, where I didn't notice it because no one usually rode in back. In any case, my guess is you are getting significant water inside the vehicle somehow, and that is what is condensing when the temperature drops. I hope this helps. e
  • ceifceif Member Posts: 1
    On December 30, I ordered a Honda CR-V, EX from the dealer. I also ordered a moonroof and roof rack to be installed once the car arrives. I've since seen on this site that moonroofs can not be installed due to a roof beam. I looked on the Honda web site and moonroofs are not mentioned. Should I cancel the moonroof order before the car comes in? If not, is it likely to leak in the future because the manufacturer did not install it? Thanks..
  • sasquatch_2000sasquatch_2000 Member Posts: 800
    I have a '92 Civic. When it is a real cold, sleety day or night, my car will actually spray ice pellets into the car through the heater duct when I turn it on. Once up to temperature, it just steams the windows. Regular snow is fine, and rain doesn't get in, just the little, round, crystallized ice pellets. I wish I had AC only for that reason (to dehumidify).
  • gonzo1124gonzo1124 Member Posts: 27
    Hate to differ with you but "leather trimmed" seats on the SE means that the seat sides and back are not leather. The seating area is 100% leather. If you look at all cars being sold now a days, that is the way they are. Rare to see a 100% full leather seat other than maybe an exotic car and I'm not sure about that. Yes, the seating areas are leather. Ask any Honda dealer.
    Gonzo
  • rikarika Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm trading in my CRV. 4WD LX 1999, 9000Miles on it no CD player ,no accesaries.
    color is red. Car dealer said he'll give me
    $14,800 for it. I think I should get more. What is your opinion?
  • ellenk2ellenk2 Member Posts: 5
    I am shopping for an SUV and am interested in the CRV. Any idea when the 2002 will be released and what new changes there might be? I'd like to stay in the mini SUV range, but like options on some other makes. Any info would be appreciated.
  • valentinavalentina Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I own 1999 CR-VEX with 11,500 miles on it. I would like to know if I need to buy extended warranty, which costs approximately $1,000 for 100,000 miles (7 years). Thank you.
  • mrsmacmrsmac Member Posts: 2
    My car did the same thing the first day I got it. I had to call the dealer, he said the wheel locks as kind of a safety feature. All you have to do is turn your wheel to the left and your key should turn. No need to rock your car or anything. It might take a little tug to the left, but thats it. Works every time for me.
    Thanx, mrsmac. It just occurred twice that day, never occurred again.
  • cstephancstephan Member Posts: 1
    After a couple of months of test drives and research I finally purchased my Honda this last weekend. I found Edmunds to be a great help so I wanted to post my thoughts, decision making process, and experiences over time with this vehicle. I got this model right at the invoice price of $18,600. I would also heavily recommend that if you are financing this vehicle that you check out sites such as E-Loan.com. There rates were about 1.5% lower than any rates I could get at the Honda dealerships.

As for my decision, my wife and I test drove about eight different small, midsize, and hybrid SUV vehicles. These included the Subaru Imprezza wagon, the Subaru Forrester, Jeep Cherokee, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Rav4, Mazda Tribute, Ford Escape, and the Hyundai Sante Fe. Most if not all of these vehicles can be purchased for about $20k or less, all have 4 doors, and all have some sort of 4WD or AWD capability.

I can say that the decision was a tough one and we were generally impressed with the quality and selection of vehicles that were available in this price range.

We went with the Honda primarily because of its reliability, good resale value, and because it could be purchased for less than $19k even with AWD and an automatic transmission. Its primary weaknesses (at least to us) were its mediocre engine performance as well as mediocre crash tests results. All and all a very well balanced on-road performer at a reasonable price.

As for the other vehicles we surveyed I have some opinions about them as well. I thought the CRV's toughest competitor is the Subaru Forrester. Its a better performing vehicle on road and has more standard features but it will cost you about a $1000 more and has less interior room.

I just couldn't make a decision yet on the Hyundai, the Ford, or the Mazda. They are so new that important info like reliability over time and safety test performance just aren't available. They all had lots of power and space. I felt the Jeep Cherokee is still the best off-road performer of the group but that just wasn't that importnat too us. The Suzuki looks nice and will probably be a good vehicle, but I really think its overpriced for what you get.
  • regan9regan9 Member Posts: 2
    I just found out there was so much damage to my 2000 CRV from the accident with the drunk driver, that they are saying it's totaled. Now comes the awful task of fighting with the other driver's insurance company. I am so bummed because I had been researching this vehicle for 2 years before I finally bought it 6 months ago and every time I would get in to drive it, I would just start to smile because I looked forward to driving it. I loved my CRV! It's so sad to see it all crunched up, but I will tell you that the front bumper and engine did there job during the crash because the inside of the vehicle still looks perfect. It kept me safe and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

My rental vehicle is a Toyota 4-Runner which is really nice but I still like my CRV better. I live up north and we have had quite a bit of snow so far this winter and I personally like how the CRV handled in the snow better than the 4-Runner. Hopefully I will be able to settle this situation with the insurance soon so that I can get myself back into a CRV.
  • unityunity Member Posts: 2
    What's a decent price before adding the destination and what else? Cstephan #548, what's an AWD LX and was your price including destination etc.? I'm also considering 2000 and 1999 models. Any thoughts on price for used ones?
    Thanks!
  • k6ncxk6ncx Member Posts: 10
    Some review that I read (and now can't find again) said that child seat anchors (not the top tether, but the lower anchor used instead of the adult belt) were coming in the 2001 CRVs, but were not in place in the initial shipments. The local Honda dealer didn't know about this (one way or the other - in fact the sales manager didn't even seem to know about LATCH at all, which seems weird especially since he has a kid and a child seat!) and I can find nothing on Honda's web site about it. Does anybody know for sure if they are coming (and if so, when) or not?
  • texashombretexashombre Member Posts: 13
    Honda version of MDX sounds like it is two years away. Updated CR will be in soon. I like the looks of the Rodeo/Passport. Too bad for Isuzu's quality and reliability. It's better than some but not match to true Honda.

While waiting for the Honda's MDX, wouldn't it be great to have V6 CR? I don't know much about mechanics but it appears to be plenty of room under the hood for 3.0L engine. Anyone has any info on the new CR? Thanks.

P.. Only two reason that we didn't bought the CR: power and the steering wheel position. My wife is petite and her arms were aching test driving. Looked like she was driving a bus.
  • k6ncxk6ncx Member Posts: 10
    I'm embarassed to say that it didn't even occur to me to ask about this at the dealer, and I didn't notice when I was in the vehicle. I don't have CRV literature (the dealer was out), and I can't seem to find the info on the dealer or American Honda web sites...

Is the AWD on the CRV fulltime (I think not, given the "realtime" slogan, whatever that means or doesn't...), or manually controlled (I think not), or auto? If auto, on what basis? How do I know when it's in effect, or can I know? It's front drive when it isn't driving all four, yes?