Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 BMW 3-Series

12346»

Comments

• nkeennkeen Member Posts: 313
    Perhaps the 3 series and 5 series coupes and sedans are closer to the cars BMW's engineers want to build. The X3 and X5 are the vehicles they grudgingly have to build -- but won't necessarily burden themselves with on their own shores.
  • steven48steven48 Member Posts: 21
    Hi, I am about to purchase a BMW. The 328i coupe with a manual tranny, is there anything good or bad that I should know about, or what to expect. I have heard alot of stories good and bad about BMW's. I would just like to know how to prepare, I would still probably buy one anyway. Looking for some feed back, thanks.

P.S. Should definitly get rid of the run flat tires, or at least still give you a spare and a jack. There should be a spot for a spare tire, under the trunk.

-SRF
  • steven48steven48 Member Posts: 21
    Why did BMW stop using the dipstick, maybe I want to check my oil, to see the level. I don't want to wait for that "light" on the dash. Also, get rid of the RFL, or at least make a wheel well in the trunk space for a spare, if I want to get one. I am looking foreward to getting my 2009 / 328i Coupe, in a couple of months. Thanks.
    -SRF
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Check your Owner's Manual, you should be able to check your oil level from the a display inside your car.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    The CIC iDrive is on a different release schedule. Unless you have the Business nav then 2009-2 is the latest version. CIC is the Professional iDrive that uses an HDD. Maps are updated via CD or through your dealer.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    a car that can carry a spare tire that won't take your head off in an accident and has a dipstick to check the oil, you don't want a BMW.

Sad.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • ajgrantcshajgrantcsh Member Posts: 9
    I have a warning light on my dash. It's a car icon with sequential arrows radiating out from each side. I think it may be a warning that my mirrors are folded in, but I'd like to confirm that. I'll play with it some more to see if it only happens in reverse.

This question also leads to the question of where there may be a comprehensive listing of these symbols. I have searched the owner's manual, but it's not there.

Thanks,

Andrew
  • witekwitek Member Posts: 1
    Hi TeeBone1958,

I like your info:
    "Beginning with 2003, 325i Sedan, Coupe, Sport Wagon
    Automatic for sale in California, Mass, New York,
    and Vermont are fitted with an updated motor
    identified as PZEV (Partial Zero Evaporative Emissions) M56 B25"

I know I've got 2003 325i which is SULEV and how can I prove
    to BMW dealer that this is also PZEV?
    I need this prove for emission warranty purpose.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    I tried looking this up in my E90's manual but couldn't find anything.
    Let's say you've got the cruise on and you want to slow down rapidly because you've recieved an "alert" but you don't want to hit the brakes so as to notify other's that you've recieved an alert. ;)
    I've found that by pulling back on the cruise stalk the car will slow down much more rapidly than if you just click it off. How is this working? Do the brake lights come on? Anyone?
  • kevin111kevin111 Member Posts: 991
    I was curious which stereo it had? I think it has the Logic 7 Surround sound, but not sure. Have the HD radio, nav, premium package, and Sport. Just curious.
This discussion has been closed.