Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda CR-V factory fog light question

gc4autogc4auto Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Honda
Where does the factory fog light switch go? is there a place on the dash for it?

Comments

• vcarrerasvcarreras Member Posts: 247
    When the fog lights are installed they replace the light switch with a new one which activates what you want. Parking, lights, lights with fog lights. I don't think you can just run the fog lights. It's just a new switch.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    The fog light switch is integrated into the light switch stalk. You get new stalk with the fog lights.
  • gc4autogc4auto Member Posts: 34
    thanks guys.. im getting the lights + crossbars installed this coming monday as a part of the deal. I was afraid they have to take the dash apart or something to run wires through.. i hope not anyway.
  • yankeefan2yankeefan2 Member Posts: 53
    This is what your getting. You are better off having the dealer do it, because if there a problem they will have to deal with it

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2007_CRV_FogLights_AII32952.pdf
    This is what your getting. You are better off having the dealer do it, because if there a problem they will have to deal with it

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2007_CRV_FogLights_AII32952.pdf

Except for the switch, the installation is almost identical to Gen 2 fog light install. The switch is not difficult to replace.

An easy DIY for average DIYer. While you have the bumper off, replace the horns with air horns or something :)
  • gc4autogc4auto Member Posts: 34
    i got the lights installed and got a new stalk. Still trying to get used to it. I accidentally switched off the front lights trying to signal. :P
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    My dealer just informed me it would be $550 to install fog lights on my new 2008 EX. I thought he was joking. That's outrageous. I'll buy a pair at PepBoys and make do for $100.
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Member Posts: 196
    The ones at PepBoys are generic not a Honda factory accessory.
    You could order the real deal from College Hills Honda for 238.00 if you want to install them your self they include a replacement light stalk.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    I leased a 2007 model 4WD EX-L. I was shocked to learn that the vehicle doesn't have Fog Lights as standard equipment. My dealer in tarrytown, NY quoted about $390.00 installed ( I think, that's the salesman talking). The roof rack was more. THAT'S OUTLANDISH. AN SUV W/O STANDARD FOG LIGHTS AND A ROOF RACK ??? That's such a ripoff by Honda.

Saw a fog light package at College Hills parts (Google it). They provide videos for the installation. But beware: the entire fron bumper and engine shroud need to come off ??? Then u need to modify the fron bumper by cutting out the fog light ribbed cutouts that u see in the lower portion of the bumper. Then u need to take apart the driver's side molding to run the wiring , etc on and on. Is Honda KIDDING ??? This is like ordering your car w/o A/c and then installing after market. It would have cost pittens to have provided 'fog lights' on a vehicle that was 'top of the line" : EX-L model.

Didn't the Japanese car makers start provding fog lights b 4 any of the US makers way back when?
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Ground fog is rare in some parts of the country. Plus, this way Honda keeps its MSRP slightly lower and dealers get a nice add-on accessory to sell.

As to roof racks, I doubt most SUVs owners ever use them, then there's the gas mileage penalty, and the 2d sentence above also applies here.

The RAV4 Limited includes fog lights, but then it still comes with a 4-speed transmission. I think one has to go Korean to get a fully loaded SUV in the mid-20 price range.
    Couldn't agree more almatti. There is a seller on eBay who sells fog lights that will fit the CRV. They can be installed without removing the bumper I am told.
    The seller recommends having a car stereo shop install them. I called a local shop and they want $150 to install. The lights cost about $60 on ebay for a total of $210.
    Given the cost of dealer installed lights which is largely due to the time for installation due to removal of the bumper, it does seem absurd that Honda didn't at least pre wire etc. so the bumper wouldn't need to be removed.
    Fortunately, the headlights seem quite sufficient on my 08.
    it does seem absurd that Honda didn't at least pre wire etc

Not sure how you install foglights in the OEM cutouts in the bumper without removing the bumper, but... Honda did pre-wire fog lights, at least on Gen 2 CR-V. there is a connector in the wiring harness where the fogs' harness plugs in on on the driver's side in the engine compartment. And then there is a plg on the wiring harness under the dash where the switch and power up harness plugs in.

The bumper on the CR-V is held in place with 10-14 clips, and takes minutes to take off and put back on. No big deal for an average DIYer.
    Yes. Only 49 steps to install them. Easy as pie.
    If they already did the wiring, why not install the lights at the factory? If invoice price were $200 higher, I wouldn't have blinked an eye.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Zeen: Couldn't Agree More. It truely is absurd not to include this in the EX-L package. Now the "foreign" car makers are acting like the Old Domestics :):):). Maybe I should've bought a Chevy Equinox. They include Fog Lights.....Just Kiddin'. Even w/o the Fogs, still like the CR-V. Although the mileage could be a little better.
    I like my 08 CR-V too. Even the EX should have fog lights.
    Gas mileage has to be better than the Volvo XC90 I was driving although I have not checked.
    If invoice price were $200 higher, I wouldn't have blinked an eye.

Yet, on the prices paid forum, people are willing to travel hundreds of miles to shave off another $100. To each is his own. If $200 is nothing, just buy the lights from the numerous online parts dealers and install your self.

I went with JDM knock off lights for my Gen 2.5. They are not tied in to the high beams, and can be powered with just the parking lights on. This is great for fog lights, since in foggy situations you don't want the headlights on, which are up higher and reflect off the fog/snow. I live in Buffalo, and on really bad days, I just have the fog lights on for better visibility without having the headlights reflect off the white wall of falling snow.
This discussion has been closed.