Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe 2009+

124»

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    Just a plug for the Corolla engine: I have both the 03 and 09 versions. The 09 version is a slightly modified version of the 03-08 Corolla engine. I am getting 29 mpg in town (90% city/10% highway) in my 2009 WITH AUTOMATIC transmission. If you need more pep, go with the Camry engine. I prefer the gas mileage. Both are 200,000 mile proven engines. You won't go wrong with either one.
  • goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
    Thank you for the information on the engine(s). I will be picking up my new 09 Vibe AWD on Monday. Midnight blue - prefered package, Sun & Sound, fog lights, 17" chrome clad and cargo cover. Couldn't pass up the deal.
  • goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
    I have purchased 2 sets of color coordinated body side moldings for my other 2 care from sportwing.com. No doubt my new Vibe will also be wearing a set soon. The quality is great and the color match is spot on. Easy to install with enclosed directions. I have received many compliments on them.
  • jollanzajollanza Member Posts: 1
    This 05 I got is a play toy. Sun and sound package. I wanted the Inferno Red. I wound up with the darker red, the old man red. But let me tell you I used that turtle wax "ICE" product and forgetta boud it! It looks great. had side moldings and pin stripes. Theses cars are an engineering touch down. The 1.8 automatic "ZIPS" when it should, And "STOPS" when it knows it should. Not as good on gas as my other car, With 72000 miles it gets around 30mpg. My other car I had to give up to my wife. With 5500 miles it gets up to 52mpg. But after all, it's a bright red Toyota Prius Hybrid. I'd rather drive the 05 Vibe. I am on my way the junk yard to find the floor matts that came with it. And maybe they came with a rear cargo mat? Any body know? Any body know if 16 are better that 17 inch tires on the vibe? :confuse: Thanks folks. zip zip zip
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    If you are concerned about gas mileage, probably the last thing you want to do is to go to the 17 inch tire. Stick with the stock 16 inch, and get some Michelin Pilot Exaltos or Michelin Primacy MXV4s. Both will help you corner with confidence. The first generation Vibes don't corner as well as the current generation, so the H rated Michelins will help offset that a bit.
  • leed1leed1 Member Posts: 7
    anyone having any issues with a hard down shift on the 09 automatic 2.4L? can hear it drop into the lower gear and feel the car shake.
    when i took it in after owning the car for 2 days i was told there was a computer upgrade on the car that would address the problem. it did not help. now i have been told by GM that it is the shift adapter in the transmission and it would "go away" after 5000-7000Kms. i find that hard to believe and am wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue and what was done if anything?
  • leasterleaster Member Posts: 5
    I assume you are talking about the 5 speed auto. I had to have mine replaced the second day I had the car. Lost all forward drive. Since then (40,000 MILES) it will shift hard from 2nd to third and down shift noticeably into 2nd or first. I have not had mine checked as it is out of warranty. Just hope it does not get worse.
  • leasterleaster Member Posts: 5
    I have 40,000 miles on my 2009 Vibe GT (2.4). Lately it has a tendency to stall as the throttle is closed. This is more apt to happen when it is cold and backing out of the drive or at the first few intersections. The other day it happened as I suddenly changed lanes and then let off the gas. I have no engine lights. Anybody got any ideas?
  • lgerkinlgerkin Member Posts: 1
    Hi---I recently purchased a 2005 Pontiac Vibe, which looked good as far as the paint/body when I purchased it. However, I just washed it and noticed lots of little marks where the paint appears to be scratched off. I used a scratch remover product but this didn't seem to help. Does anyone have any suggestions for another product or method of removing these marks? They are deep enough that there is a definite indentation you can feel with your fingernails, so I don't think they're just surface scratches.

Thanks for any advice!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi leaster,

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having issues with your engine stalling in your Vibe. Have you had the chance to get into a dealership to have this issue diagnosed? If you would like for us to do more research on your concerns, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Please include your VIN, contact information and dealership.

Thanks

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Hi leaster,

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having issues with your engine stalling in your Vibe. Have you had the chance to get into a dealership to have this issue diagnosed? If you would like for us to do more research on your concerns, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Please include your VIN, contact information and dealership.

Thanks

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • kirkvkirkv Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2009 Vibe (1.8L engine) that I use for a rural delivery route. When I stopped to make a delivery at a store this morning, my car would not shift into Park. The rest of the gears seem to be working fine, and all I did for the remainder of the morning was put it into nuetral, with the emergency brake on. Also, because of this, my key is locked into the ignition. Can anyone give me an idea on where to start looking in order to solve this problem? Thank You!!
    Hi kirkv,

Sorry that you're having issue with your parking brake on your '09 Vibe. Did you ever get this fixed, or get to a dealer so they can check it out with you? Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care