Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Chrysler 300C AWD shudder when turning

blarneystoneblarneystone Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I have a 2006 300C hemi AWD with 18,000 miles. I have found a few posts on the AWD Dodge Magnums having a low speed shudder or growl in the front end when turning hard left or right. My dealer thinks I am imagining it. (I have been an auto mechanic for 25 years and I'm absolutely not imagining it). Has anyone else had this problem? There is supposedly a Technical Service Bulletin on this but the dealer can't find anything on it. Any help?

Comments

• xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    I found the service bulletin under the Magnum,but the 300c didn't show it.That doesn't make sense they are the same system.The service bulletin is #2101905A,date of bulletin is
    Apr.19 2006.Problem listed was transfer case shudder.I would say this is your problem.We have alot in common,I also was a mechanic for 25yrs.
  • gregzillagregzilla Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2006 300C hemi AWD and it started making a grinding noise on sharp right had turns. I took it to the dealer who actually acknowledged it, but said there was no fix for it. They described it as a power steering "honk", part number 04782523A$. This is very frustrating, the noise is unbearable when I am parking! Did you ever get any more information on this?
  • doconnelldoconnell Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 300C AWD 2005 with 21,000 miles. This car has been to the dealer 7 times with this problem. All I get is this normal! Any Help!
  • pipexpipex Member Posts: 14
    There is a TSB on it for 300's also. Had mine repaired, they removed a disc that was contanimated with steel particals. No problem since.

The problem is located in the transfer case on the right side of the power divider where the front drive shaft goes into the back of the case.

At least in Canada the TSB Number is TSB 21-011-06 and it says, "To repair fpr slow speed shudder in parking lot turning".

The parts are:
    1 - 5191126AA Cap
    1 - 5170055AA Lubricant
    1 - 4318083 Sealer

Part Number 5191126AA
  • blarneystoneblarneystone Member Posts: 3
    Pipex What year was yours? Mine's a 2006 and they said the other TSBs applied to earlier cars.
    Mine was built February of 2005. Mine is a 300C Hemi with AWD
  • jloiaconojloiacono Member Posts: 12
    I HAVE AN 09 300 C RWD. I HAVE THE SAME NOISE TURNING LEFT OR RIGHT WHEN PARKING. I HAVE 500 MILES ON THE CAR. THE DEALER SAID THERE WAS A SERVICE NOTE TO CHANGE THE STEERING RACK. I STILL HAVE THE SAME NOISE. DEALER SAID TO BRING IT BACK. I TURNED IN MY 2006 300 C--WITH NO PROBLEMS--I'M SORRY I TURNED IT IN.
    They simply "moved" the rack and secured it with new bolts. Haven't had a problem since. I can let go the wheel at 80 MPH and it travels straight as a die.
  • banker247banker247 Member Posts: 1
    referring to this 'shudder' problem
    i have an '05 300c AWD and have noticed it doing this when i'm taking a sharp turn left or right very slowly; whole car seems to shake and it appears it is coming from the rear.
    everything seems fine jetting down the highway and taking corners aggressively - but slow movement and slow turning seems to make shakes

is this the problem you guys are talking about?
    if so what kind of costs are associated with fixing it?
    Yes. Mine was doing exactly the same and there's a TSB out on it. Just check with your dealer.
    http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2101106.pdf

That's the TSB that will fix it. It applies to 300's also.
  • cruzn1cruzn1 Member Posts: 1
    Are there any AWD SRT8's out there?I'm looking at 2006-2007 models
    Can U build one? Will the 5.7 hemi /transfer case bolt up to the 6.1 Hemi block/tranny/mounts etc?
    I really want an AWD but I'd like the SRT8 as well
    Thoughts
    Thx
This discussion has been closed.