Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2.5i LTD vs. LTD LLB

lrossnmlrossnm Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Want to trade in my '05 2.5i Outback wagon for an '08 2.5i LTD or LTD LLB. Do you think the LLB is worth the extra bucks? IE resale value, equipment.

Whats your take. Could use the feedback.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I happen to like the LL Bean models, so you're going to get a solid Yes from me. I like the image of the store, the two-tone leather, the real wood on the steering wheel, the whole enchilada.

I say yes. They feel every bit like a Lexus.

My wife is waiting for an 09 Forester and we'll probably opt for the LL Bean model (if it's equipped like the 08s are).
  • Options
    dulesdules Member Posts: 37
    I'm worried that the nav system will be obsolete / need an upgrade etc. so am opting for the Ltd w/o LLB. We will do an aftermarket portabel nav system (added bonus that we can take it with us to rentals, etc.).

Otherwise I like what the Bean looks like. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
  • Options
    They've offered an update for the system in the Tribeca, so they should do the same for other models.

I have a portable and those work fine, too.
  • Options
    lrossnmlrossnm Member Posts: 36
    I finally went for the Harvest Gold LTD. I liked the LLB but already had a NAV system and didn't feel it was worth the extra $. I've had the car 2 months and really love it.
    It has a much better ride than my '05 2.5i. Not a single rattle !
  • Options
    Congrats, the LTD is already pretty well loaded up.
  • Options
    teebo1teebo1 Member Posts: 1
    why doesn't subaru tint the sunroof? does anyone know a way I can tint mine without replacing the glass? thanx
  • Options
    You can buy tint film at any auto parts store and then apply it yourself.

I hear they use baby shampoo, water, and a squeegee. And a utility knife with a sharp blade.
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    You can also use the built in cover to stop sun from coming in. :)

If it has that metalic specles on it then you won't be able to apply tint properly to it.

-mike
  • Options
    icdaviicdavi Member Posts: 4
    I'm torn between the 2.5i limited and the 3.0R. The 2.5 realy crawls, while the 3.0 is smooth and powerful + the LL Bean option. I'm wondering if the slow 2.5 is a problem for anyone. The 0 to 60 time is a full second slower than my Prius. I live in Los Angeles and want to be sure the car can handle a full load going up mountain roads and can merge easily into freeway traffic.
  • Options
    cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    I've survived 5000 miles so far in my 08 2.5 OB on the Chicago tollways without noticing a problem merging and I have a WRX also for comparison. Just keep it in sportshift mode or use the manumatic if you want. Your mileage will go to heck though, esp if you had a Prius before!
  • Options
    Get the PZEV model if you go for an Outback, which only comes with the 2.5l. The warranty covers your emissions equipment for 100k.
This discussion has been closed.