Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Electronics and Navigation

2»

Comments

• 4x4jeep4x4jeep Member Posts: 13
    another meathod is to push the throttle down to the floor 3 times when you first turn on the ignition. if it registers the jeep will beep at you and then turn off the message. good luck :P
    unfortunitely that can only be done by software change. :sick:
    to the best of my knowledge that answer is no, your steering controls use 6 different voltages to preform there function, so i am not sure how you can use them for tieing into any rear seat modifications good luck ;)
  • papa10papa10 Member Posts: 1
    Turn signals and air conditioner quit while driving down road. Any ideas, Fuses?
  • reeffreeff Member Posts: 5
    have a navigation system and on Monday I heard some noise in the front dash/hood area and all of a sudden my radio/nav system would not power on so I'm currently without any music or GPS. It doesn't power on at all as it is just pitch black as it looks like no power is to it.

Any idea what the problem is? Maybe a quick fix of a fuse? My warranty ran out so looking for some advice before I have someone fix it. Any thoughts on where to start before I go spend MONEY at the dealership... :)

Thanks in advance!
    Corey
  • reeffreeff Member Posts: 5
    anyone have any advice or thoughts on my issue?
  • adamj1adamj1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a JGC 2005 and the nob on my radio / NAV became loose and now I can not program in location information. At my local Chrysler deal, they told me this is not an infrequent issue and the only way to fix it was to replace the whole radio system. The cost for a new radio is over $1,500 and a refurb system is $800. That is a terrible solution for a loose nob. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix?
  • happy75happy75 Member Posts: 2
    i am having the same problem with the infinity gold in my 94 grand cherokee. i have purchased a remanufactured radio but the problem is still there so i assume it is in the speaker system some where.

did you determine what is causing the problem ?will i need to replace all of the speakers / any help would be appreciated.

thanks
  • dj_moversdj_movers Member Posts: 15
    I have a used '06 JGC with the top-of-the-line audio/nav, etc. Unfortunately I did not get the separate manuals and really do not know how to use it. I ordered the owners manual, but they refer you to the separate manuals. I have the 8951 page shop manual, but that is no help.

Can anyone help? How to order manuals? Manufacturer? At least how to remove the NAV CD on the bottom?

Thanks,

DJ
  • yeahhuh24yeahhuh24 Member Posts: 1
    im having some issues with my radio/ nav system on my 2005 gc limited the lcd screen works some of the time and when its not working, the only buttons that work on the radio and the station presets is this something that can be fixed or do i need to replace the whole unit?
  • granddaddydomgranddaddydom Member Posts: 3
    The 730N Nav unit is flush mounted and there is no sun shade/hood over the screen. Most of the SUVs I have looked at, other than Jeep have a recessed screen and some type of hood.

Question:

Does anyone know of an aftermarket accessory that fits on the dash and provides a sun shade for the screen?
  • jamie3306jamie3306 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem, have you been able to fix it or did you just have to replace the system?

jamie.hurley@suntrust.com
  • nobbodynobbody Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Wondering if any Overland owners can assist. I test drove an Overland today, and may have purchased if not for the clunky navigation system.

Specifically:

a) When asked to "find nearest" its list selected destinations over 20mi away, or didn't properly recognize the question. For instance, "Big Hero" was its result for "Italian restaurant".

b) Can the driver navigate the system menus from the steering wheel? The salesman suggested we'd have to touch the screen each time, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of keeping the driver focused on the road?

c) Is the guidance voice volume adjustable?

As a final note, I am comparing this navigation system to the Lexus & Acura, both of which seemed intuitive and understood voices with no "training".

Any other inputs or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--N
  • sorterguru1sorterguru1 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    I have just bought a 2010 GC limited. it has the sirius radio with the navigation also. MY question is how do you adjust the radio balance/fade on this system. In the owners manual it says in radio mode hit the "audio" hard button on the right side of the unit to bring up the audio controls. Problem is with the nav feature there is no "audio" hard key. It is replaced by a "nav" button. I tried that but it brings up the navigation screen, not the audio control screen. Anyone know how to adjust the fade and balance on this unit?
  • sorterguru1sorterguru1 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2010 GC limited a few months ago and I am having a problem connection my Ipod to the radio to download my music to the hard drive. According to the owners manual, when you connect the ipod via the USB connector, a screen should pop up asking if you want to download your music? your pictures? or your pictures? When I connect my Ipod to it, nothing happens. I goes on like nothing happened. I tried two different Mp3 players and they both do the same thing. I complained to Apple and they said there is a software update available from Jeep to fix this. I went to the dealer and they want me to make a service appointment. In other words spend a few hundred for them to tell me I need a new radio for a thousand bucks. They won't even tell me if a software update is available. So does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks for your help......Jerry
  • jeepgirl16jeepgirl16 Member Posts: 1
    hey i am having the same issue. did you find a solution to this??