Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Santa Fe Indicator Lights and Gauges

13»

Comments

• Options
    capainjoecapainjoe Member Posts: 2
    4 Bulbs have burnt out on my wifes 03 Santa Fe. The two that light up the AC/Heat, Fan Control, Air direction knobs have gone. The other is the fog light button which actually has 2 really small bulbs (a white and green). I've been to the dealer and they can't seem to figure out what bulbs they are even from the blow up diagram they have. The first time they ordered the wrong bulbs and then the second time, only the bulb and not the base. Is there anyone that may know what bulbs I am talking about, if so the part numbers? Second...is there a website I can order these bulbs from instead of the dealer? I have not been successful in finding a website for these bulbs.
    Any help is appreciated in advance!
    Thanks
    Joe
  • Options
    capainjoecapainjoe Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help me on this issue??
  • Options
    jackcobjackcob Member Posts: 13
    If the dealer with his diagrams can't figure it out I think the only thing to do is go to Hyundai tech service. You can call them and they are usually pretty good with customers. They should be able to tell you and the dealer what it takes. Getting them in there may be another story.
  • Options
    somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    knowing how cars are designed these days - you probably need the assembly - not bulb - you would most likely need to replace the knob and the switch as a unit....

i had to replace the power outlet thats located in the bottom rear of the center console... instead of just an outlet - had to replace the entire back of the console - everything is integrated...
  • Options
    londonmr66londonmr66 Member Posts: 1
    Did you get an answer to this as the same bulbs on my 2005 Santa Fe have gone and I dont want to pay dealer prices. How did you access the bulbs?
  • Options
    mulderdogmulderdog Member Posts: 3
    Aargh...my MIL light had come on at 123,000 I've had the O2 sensors replaced and a tune up, the light came back on within 20 miles of having both things done (about 3 weeks apart). The diagnostis comes up with a general/generic code but the light came on before (2 years ago) and magically went off. It's keeping me from passing inspection. Any ideas? :cry:
  • Options
    My 2002 has 123,000 miles on it, the MIL (Check engine) light came on a couple years ago and then went off by itself. However, it came on again last month and I had to have the 02 senson changed, no relief, last week I had the sparkplugs and full tune-up done. No relief. I can't pass inspection with NC, any ideas?
  • Options
    what is the code you're getting? how does the car run?
  • Options
    Scooby runs fine, I haven't noticed any changes, the code was 1167.
  • Options
    no performance mods on this car right? and change all bank 2 o2 sensors already - then i would say have tech check these things -

test mass air flow sensor operation

test air temp sensor operation

check for any leaks/cracks on intake and exhaust manifolds....
  • Options
    fred63fred63 Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2007 Santa Fe Se and have noticed that the auto headlights do not come on until it is almost dark. I could barely read the gauges when they will come on. I do not know if this is normal because we have a GMC with auto headlights and they come on much sooner. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to make them come on sooner or if they are defective? Thanks, Fred.
  • Options
    mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    I've noticed the same thing - it has to be nearly dark for the auto headlights to come on. I'm not aware of any adjustment to get them to come on sooner.
  • Options
    drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    I'm not a big fan of the auto headlights, in addition to my SF, I had a car a few years ago with the auto headlights that also came on later than I would have liked. We leave the lights in the "on" position all the time (wish they would make the daytime running lights standard). It does mean we have to adjust the dash lighting to turn it up during the day and down at night, but still like having the headlights on, and they do go out when the engine is off.
  • Options
    I've had my 07 sf for about 7 months and have almost 13000 miles on it and really like the vehicle. Only problem I had was with the passenger seat warning light and dealer claimed it was only caused by the way someone sits in the seat???? Didn't know there were too many ways to sit in a seat, but after I left it with them it has only rarely popped on for a few seconds.
    I also found the dash lights annoying at night and I also resorted to using the dark blue window film strips to dim the effect. I don't understand why they can't make a more effective dimmer switch.
  • Options
    988f988f Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 Santa Fe odometer light recently burnt out. Before I start tearing into the dash, does anyone know if it’s just a bulb or do I have to replace the odometer, since it is an LCD unit?
  • Options
    counselor4444counselor4444 Member Posts: 47
    We just bought a new 09 Santa Fe SE FWD a week ago and took it out for a roadtrip this past weekend. In the middle of the 3 hr drive the TPMS light went on. It then went off about 45 min later. Hasn't been back on since. What do you think? Just a fluke?

And just so I know... what is the proper tire pressure for these tires?
  • Options
    One blip of the light probably doesn't mean anything, but the TPMS is a wonderful device. I have a 2007 Sante Fe and I find the light goes on when tire pressure drops below 26 pounds. The proper air pressure for your vehicle is on a plate on the frame of the door of the car and I usually keep my tires at 32 pounds..
    You could mention this to your dealer just to put them on notice.
  • Options
    junior13junior13 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new SF Limited. Did not test drive it in the dark. What a shock to drive at night and not be able to see out the windows clearly because of the reflection of the panel!!! Live in suburbs...but not lots of street lights. Had to open the window to look out because all I could see were the blue reflections which were VERY distracting. I never read any comments on this issue on Consumers and neglected to search Edmunds....am I ever sorry!! I hate to think that I have to put film on the car every night. This is my first SUV....does this happen with regular panel lights as well. Had I been aware of this, I would NOT have bought the car. Very disappointed with this distraction. It should be brought to your attention by the salesman in my opinion!!! I wish I could get my money back right now!
  • Options
    oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    Did you try turning down the instrument panel lights?
  • Options
    junior13junior13 Member Posts: 2
    Yes...it still is a distraction at night to see those blue lights reflected on the windshield and side windows.
  • Options
    You can turn the dash lights down all the way and it won't help a bit. I have a 2007 Sante Fe and that is the only thing about the car that I don't like. I too have not been able to get any solution except using the midnight blue plastick film over the lighted areas when I drive at night.
  • Options
    obktobkt Member Posts: 35
    Even at their lowest setting, the dash panel lights are way too bright. I've never owned a car that had panel lights that bright, or didn't have the capability of turning them off completely. As someone already posted, I never test drove the car at night. Who does? Other than that, I love my 2010 Limited.
    I guess there has to be something. :(
  • Options
    outbackj1outbackj1 Member Posts: 11
    I have a 2010 Santa Fe purchased in March. Today the TPMS light came on and did not go off. My tires have the correct amt of inflation, have no idea what the problem is.
    Of course a holiday weekend and the dealer is closed until Tues. Wonderful. Think the car is safe to drive?
  • Options
    deelightdeelight Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I have had an electrical bug in my 2009 Santa Fe. The temperature gauge was usually 10 degrees off in the afternoon, never in the morning. Then my radio started thinking there were C D's loaded but there wasn't. Then I started losing my preset memories.
    The dealer has put in two radios and it has worked correctly for the last week. The outside temperature gauge has been replaced the dealer says and works correctly about 75% of the time tough once it was off by 23 degrees.`
    Is there a different fix for the temperaure gauge?
  • Options
    pictureitpictureit Member Posts: 4
    Oddly enough, about a month before my 2007 SF died on the side of the road and the electrical things started flashing and going crazy, my tpms light was on and off regularly. That was the only thing that was different. The tow truck driver said that my alternator was dead. I love my SF and it's still dead in front of my house as I save $$'s to get it fixed.