Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• will123456will123456 Member Posts: 2
    what dealer did you buy it from
  • pavlonpavlon Member Posts: 43
    In the San Francisco Bay Area. It was the last Rogue on the lot with this package and it was the last day of $500 customer cash.
  • keithjamkeithjam Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I just purchased a:

Nissan Rogue S
    360 Package
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Rear Bumper Protector

Paid $21,103 with $500 rebate and 0.0% financing.

$23,684.20 out the door.

Is this a good deal?

I have no clue how people are getting fully loaded SL's for over $5,000 below invoice.
  • dodger17dodger17 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2009 Rogue SL with 14K miles, Bose sound system, 6 CD system, MP3, leather, heated seats, bluetooth, sunroof, 1 owner, clean carfax (92 points) - paid $23,995 in Tucson, AZ. Sweet ride.
  • dodger17dodger17 Member Posts: 2
    $23,995 for Rogue SL AWD with sunroof, premium package, everything EXCEPT navigation. Beautiful...
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    As long as you like it that is good, but its not a exceptional deal. MSRP is 27K, dealers are dealing on them, with about $1750 cash back...
    The Rouge has never had a FACTORY Nav system installed. Many dealers sell a aftermarket unit.
  • rkjindalrkjindal Member Posts: 12
    Fortunately Nissan has corrected this for the 2011 model year and will now offer a factory installed nav
  • shilohduffeyshilohduffey Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    A factory nav/backup camera is available on the 2010 S model, as part of the "360 Package," but on no other Rogues (makes no sense). We didn't need it, so it was a non-issue for us.

We purchased a new '10 Rogue SL with Premium and Leather Packages, plus roof-rail crossbars, splash guards and rear bumper protector (all stand-alone accessories) for $22,300 plus tax (6.5%) on the net after trade-in ($13,500 for an '09 Honda Civic LX), and normal motor vehicle fees. There are none of those $399 or $599 dealer add-on charges here (Houston, TX). They tried to tack on a $149 "document preparation fee", but we negotiated it out of the sale. The $1750 rebate helped keep the cost down. Bottom line: $10,000 OTD. We were so pleased with both the vehicle and the deal, we bought another one (identical except for color) ten days later. My trade was a bit more ($16,000 for an '08 Mercury Mariner Premier VOGA Edition), so the final price was $7300 OTD. The sales associate kept pushing the low interest rates for creditworthy customers (which we are), since the dealer does make a few bucks off the financing. We nodded and smiled ... then paid cash. But we're sleeping at night. Our numbers show about a $1000 dealer profit, plus the $1750 rebate from Nissan ... looks like everybody won.

The dealership is Sterling McCall Nissan, part of that Group One conglomorate (at last count 144). We had visited their Toyota store, where we were descended upon like road kill by vultures. Our Nissan experience was quite the opposite from that fiasco ... everyone was courteous, professional, and low-key. We have a real estate background, and are astute negotiators. We also spent a couple of hours researching dealer cost, invoice, holdback and anything else we could unearth. We figured that $23,400 would make everyone happy ... so $22,300 (plus the three add-ons ... about $300) was a pleasant surprise.

We definitely made the right decisions concerning vehicles and dealership.
  • car4523car4523 Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying a Rouge SV with Sl package - gray with black leather. I'm right around 26,000 how does that sound? I've been looking at this car, the 2010 Cl V EX-L with navi (although the 2011's are coming out in a few weeks), 2011 Ford Escape, and 2011 Chevy Equinox. I keep going back and forth, back and forth. I've read so many mixed reviews. I'm wondring if the 2011 changes in the Rouge has fixed many of the issues people have had with it. Many of the ratings said it looks plain, and doesn't have good style - I'm curious if the 2011 fixed their concerns. Also the leather in the Rogue doesn't seem as "plush" as the Honda CR V, but the front end of the Honda looks to "carish" then the 2011 Rouge. Also, I"m worried that the Rogue looks to much like a "girl car".....ha,ha,...which is why I was leaning to the escape or equinox since it wasn't as "round" and more "suv" looking...Just curious what you all think. The dealership has a car on hold for me waiting for me to come get tonight..but I'm hoping for some feedback from you guys first.
  • novice228novice228 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, can you please tell me which dealership you got this from? The cheapest my dealer would give me in base price is $21K. The deal you got sounds awesome.

Thanks!
    Sandy
  • rkjindalrkjindal Member Posts: 12
    Fitzgerald Nissan in Chambersburg PA
  • n2yon2yo Member Posts: 2
    I got yesterday a Nissan Rogue S with 360 package for $19,700 that includes the taxes, delivery fee, processing fee and rebates. On top of that I purchased the extended warranty for $1750. I traded a Kia Sedona 2005 for $3500 and financed the rest with 3% interest for 5 years.
    How does that sound?

Thanks,
    Chip
  • novice228novice228 Member Posts: 2
    hi Chip, which dealer did you get this from? Thanks!
  • isaac6isaac6 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I got this quote from local dealer
    isn't it too high?

2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Super Black / Black

Rear Bumper Protector

Floor & Cargo Mats

Splash Guards

SL Package

MSRP: $28,240

Sales Price: $26,452

Price After Rebates: $25,202 + TTL ($750 Rebate & $500 College Grad Money)

Total Drive Out: $27,001.81
    I took a look at the 11's ... not much difference, other than some bells and whistles which should be on the top model anyway. They added auto on/off headlights, climate control and a USB port. The SV with SL package appears to be a combination of the SL Premium and Leather options, plus a moonroof. By comparison, we paid $22,300 for a '10 SL with both packages, plus splash guards, rear bumper protector and window tint. The dealer also threw in the luggage rack crossbars, and deducted the cost of the floor and cargo mats (part of the Premium Package) ... about $300. Sales tax without a trade-in would have been about $1400. Bottom line: it looks like you'd be paying close to $4000 more.

I had an after-market auto headlight sensor installed for about $60 ... works just fine. Frankly, I thought that I'd miss the climate control (had it in two previous autos), but the manual system works nicely ... don't have to fiddle with it nearly as much as I did with past models. I think it has lots to do with the vents. I do miss the USB port, but I downloaded lots of music to my iPhone, so it's not a major issue.

We bought two '10 Rogues ten days apart, and don't regret it. If there are some available in your area, take a look at them. It might save you a bundle.
  • heth247heth247 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Shilo,

May I know where did you get the $22300 for the fully loaded SL? Is that after the $1750 rebates? That seems an fantastic deal! I read some of your previous post, it seems that you did a trade-in. Even if you don't do the trade-in, 22300+1000=23300 would still look like a price I'd jump in.

My local dealers (in Oregon) all quotes me around $25000 (after all rebates). The MSRP of this model with fully-loaded package is ~$29950. How can your deal sell one for ~$7000 below the MSRP? Is there any catch or you choose a good timing (e.g. they just want to unload the last one in the lot at a loss)?

Thanks!
    heth247: I live in Houston, TX. The $22,300 is after rebates ($1750) and before our trades (we bought 2 identical Rogues ... got $13,500 for an '09 Honda Civic LX, and $16,000 for an '08 Mercury Mariner Premier VOGA Edition). The sticker prices differ, depending on region. There could also be a couple of stand-alone options ... moonroof, AWD, some aftermarket gadgets, etc. My thought is that the difference between the '10 and '11 models don't justify the huge price differential ... besides, the SL package on the SV model includes a moonroof. I haven't had much luck with them ... they've leaked, rattled, and in one instance, both.

car4523: We haven't had a moment's trouble with either of our '10 Rogues. From what I've read, most of the complaints deal with the CVT transmission. Apparently, the issues have been addressed, since Nissan warranties it for 10 years or 120,000 miles. We think it's terrific. As for looks, that's a personal matter. We've had ours pinstriped, which does make a difference. We like the rounded look, as opposed to the boxy appearance of SUV's like the Escape. I've owned an Equinox, and really liked it, save for the cheezy interior and cheapo black bumpers. We test-drove the '11, and found the four-cylinder version to be underpowered. If you read my review on www.epinions.com you'll get a better idea of why we chose the Rogue over the competition ... and we drove all of them! Sometimes it's all about the hunt!!

Al
  • heth247heth247 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Shilo,

Thanks for your reply. I just realized that yours does not have moon roof (which is about $900). So it is not a fully-loaded package. But still $22300 is a steal when it includes the premium and leather package! I wish I were living in Houston.
  • fergie12fergie12 Member Posts: 4
    sorry not sure about price but having a 2009 AWD Nissan Rogue , the AWD is nothing more than a enhanced traction control it works if that for a split second
    dont waste your money get the front wheel drive it will be better in the snow
    and cost less trust me....I live in the snow belt
  • isaac6isaac6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am the one who posted 2011 rogue quote couple days ago.
    Hey, I live in college station and that quote was from one of Houton dealer.
    I checked in College Station, and only base (S) type of 2010 left.

Could you please let me know your dealership information?

Thanks
    We can't give out any information about specific personnel here ... but if you e-mail me at ...al@duffey.net ... I'll be glad to provide it. I just hope my address wasn't blocked.

Al
  • karhanterkarhanter Member Posts: 5
    hi Al,

can you please tell me the total drive-out price for the 2010 Rogue SL with leather package and premium package. is it $23,400 including taxes and all?

Thanks
    Karhanter ... the price was $22,300 before taxes and trade. If I didn't have a trade-in, I'd have paid about $1400 in sales tax (6.5%). I got $16,000 for my '08 Mercury Mariner, so I only paid tax on the difference. There were also a couple of state-imposed fees (nothing of any consequence). Out the door, my cost was $7300. I don't know if all the rebates on the '10's are still in effect, but as I understand it, the $1250 is still good (mine was $1750). I stopped by my dealership last week to have a minor issue corrected, and did inquire as to availability of the '10's. The sales manager advised me that he still had one or two; but given the significant increase in price for the '11's, he didn't expect them to be around much longer.
  • n2yon2yo Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for this late reply.
    The deal was from Nissan of Chantilly in Norhern VA (http://www.nissanchantilly.com).
    The car is great so far. My only surprise is that it won't read mp3 files, although the manual does not say that the car must be equiped with a special stereo (i.e. a more expensive package) to play mp3 songs.
    I guess I will have to replace the radio.

Does anyone know, a Nissan Rogue w/360 package is supposed to read mp3 files or not?

Chip
    The radio should say if it plays MP3. Our SL with the Bose stereo says on the radio it plays MP3's. I would have assumed all radios CD player would pay MP3s..
  • karhanterkarhanter Member Posts: 5
    Al, Thank you very much for the reply. How much was the sticker price for that configuration?
    ... $27,140 before discounts, rebates and throw-ins. Best of luck ... keep me posted.

Al
  • peterg19peterg19 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks in advance for helping. What are the money factor (0.00175?), residual (61%?) and prices paid for no money down Nissan rouge 2011 SV SL 36M lease 12K/yr. I am in the NY metro area if that matters. Thanks again. :confuse:
  • peterg19peterg19 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a Nissan Rogue 2011 SV with SL package AWD. The MSRP is 29,620. The dealer quoted me 365 a month, first months tax and fees paid up front otherwise zero down. Other specs are 12K mi/yr, 39 month term. The dealership is in Staten Island, NY. The dealer said he'd "work on" the price. What is a fair price and has anyone had experience with this dealership?

Much thanks,

Pete
  • butterfliesbutterflies Member Posts: 15
    Hi Shiloh, I live in Houston too, can you please email me the Dealership, the saleman and the phone number of the saleman? Thanks Shiloh.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Is the "360 Value" package still available on the "S" model? I was wondering what people are paying for the S AWD or with the 360 value package.
  • pingapinga Member Posts: 1
    Hi there

I am new to Miami and have two offers on the table to decide;
    a new Rogue S at an out the door price at 23'000 or a 2010 model with 13'000 miles for 20'000. I will be paying cash and will have to sell again in approx 2 years time.

My two questions are;
    - are these both fair prices?
    - which deal would you consider as better?

Thank you in advance!
  • butterfliesbutterflies Member Posts: 15
    Hi all,

Thank you everyone for your inputs, we just purchased our car for a week, OTD is $22,000 with after market Navigation. They installed it for us but no back-up camera.

with S model, splash guard, bumper protector, floor mat. I do not like their after market navigation, so I suggest do not get it, but my sister wanted it so bad. In my opinion, it looks cheap and it does not have a good instruction.

The car also has tinted window, pin striped and some kind of protection package which they said it cost about $1495, but we only paid $500 for it. The priced they quote with out Navigation and OTD was $19,888.

The dealer was in Rosenberg, TX.

Again,

Thank you.
    Is this a FWD? I have a quote of $21,300 for a 2011 S with AWD.
  • wattsjc2wattsjc2 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    I am interested in purchasing the 2011 Nissan Rogue SV FWD. I like the backup camera and the intelligent key. Looking to see what others have paid for it. Also, does anyone know if the 2010 comes standard with either of those two options? I would get a 2010 if it had the intelligent key and backup camera. I don't care for the moonroof or navigation.

Thanks!
    I just got a quote of $20,499 for 2011 Rouge S AWD. This is after dealer discount and Nissan incentive. Is this a good deal?
  • kim_domkim_dom Member Posts: 2
    The 2010 S model does not come with a backup camera. I don't think it comes with the intelligent key either. If you want the backup camera with the 2010 model you have to get the 360 package which includes it.
    The 2011 SV doesn't have the navigation or the moonroof.
  • kim_domkim_dom Member Posts: 2
    Did you finance through the dealership?
    If you did i am sure they made you pay MRSP price which to me is not a good deal.
    Yeah you added the 360 package wich MRSP is a little over 1K; did they throw in floor mats or did you haved to pay the cost for that?
  • wanfishwanfish Member Posts: 4
    a Buffalo dealer offer me this deal ,not sure if this is good enough ,any ideas ?
  • rogue_2011rogue_2011 Member Posts: 11
    I and my friend purchased the cars last week in NYC. We both took the 0% for 36mo promotion. We had happy buying experance. Let me make a short!
    2011 Krom AWD = $23,900 + $75 doc + tax
    2011 SV AWD = $23,600 + $75 doc + tax
    I bought my krom 4 days after my friend. They quoted me $22,700 for the SV. It seems like Nissan's price dropped a bit after 01/03/2011. I felt sorry to my friend that paid $900 more just for 4 days.

I had a post in "Nissan Rogue Maintenance and Repair". I need your suggestion. I appreciate your input.
    Same quote I got in Dec. If you try I believe you can get it for $20,000.
  • wanfishwanfish Member Posts: 4
    may I have your dealer's name ? I really want this car ,thanks .Wanfish@hotmail.com
    It is Koeppel Nissan in Jackson Heights. Look for Danny or Chi. Tell them you are Luke's friend. They may able to give you the same deal. The store manager said my krom's deal was already under their cost. Plus, I know they only have 1 or 2 left in their inventory so I am not sure you can get the krom for $23,900. If you are looking for the SV, I guess you can get it for $22,700 or better. Good Luck!
  • matypuppymatypuppy Member Posts: 3
    I am getting an OTD price of $22,950 for a 2011 SV FWD in Virginia. This is using the 0% financing.

Do you think this is the best price or do you think it can go lower? Thanks!
    According to Edmunds Pricing System, the Rogue in Virginia is $500 more than in New York. I think it can go lower. The dealer in NYC quoted me $27,000 for a 2011 SV AWD. It looks like the dealers can sell it almost 1K less than invoice. I would make your target price at $22,000.
  • car5045car5045 Member Posts: 1
    The dealer in NJ quoted me $24,000 for a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with SL package (with NAV, rearview camera and leather/heated seats). Total price is $27300 which includes tax, doc, mv and etch. Do you think this is the best price or it can still go lower?
  • asagemasagem Member Posts: 16
    Rogue 2011 S AWD - 15k miles - Detroit - 39 month lease
    1. Sticker Price of the car + options $22,860
    2. Times the residual value percentage 0.64
    3. Equals the residual value $14,630
    4. Invoice price of car minus incentives (net capitalized cost) $21,123
    ((21828(base invoice) +200(mats,etc)
    =22028 +595(acquisition fee)
    = 22623 - 1500(incentive)
    = 21123))
    5. Minus the residual (From line 3) $14,630
    6. Equals the depreciation over 36 months $6,493
    7. Depreciation (Line 6) divided by term in months 39
    8. Equals the monthly depreciation payment $166.48
    9. Net capitalized cost (From line 4) $21,123
    10. Plus the residual (From line 3) $14,630
    11. Equals $35,753
    12. Times the money factor 0.00218
    13. Equals money factor payment portion $77.94
    14. Monthly depreciation payment (from line 8) $166.48
    15. Plus money factor payment portion (from line 12) $77.94
    16. Equals bottom-line monthly lease payment $244.42
    17. State Tax $259.08
    18. extra miles (3000*3+300/4)=9750*.10 = 975/39 = 25 $25.00
    19. Final payment $284.08

Other first month fees like title($8 - $150), doc fee(190), & others $300.00

On truecar.com, the dealer invoice seems less than 21828 quoted here. Is there any room for further negotiation.
    Similar deal on SV FWD with 61% residual with 15k miles costs $305.00/month.
    Experts, appreciate your input on this deal. The $500 extra bonus for MI residents expires on 01/31/2011.
    Sorry guys, I typed the wrong number. It was not $27,000. It should be $22,700 (2011 SV AWD). :P
    $24,000 is a great deal if you buy it now. If you wait until Summer, I believe not only the 2011 rogue but the CRV and RAV4 will be lower too. Becuase three of them have re-design model coming this Summer.