Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    Yes at the dealer in NY we pay tax at the transaction. It seems to be under invoice which for a new 2008 Rogue is hard to believe...congrats.
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Sounds like a good deal. Even if you value the dealers package as being worth about $100 (is it wood trim?), you are about $400 to $500 below invoice. I am starting to look for one (in Northern NJ) and have had offers around invoice. Was there a trade-in involved?
  • ticmxmanticmxman Member Posts: 48
    Yeah and you most likely cost the dealer sales in the future,by rubbing your CUSTOMERS face in what was their mistake. IMO that call was not necessary.
  • roguerroguer Member Posts: 7
    No trade in.
    dealer added Door Edge Guards, wheel locks, handpainted pinstrips

Classic Cars Nissan, mount holly NJ
    Very pleasant buying experience. No pressure at all.
    Call Orlando, say: "I'm from Sergey ;) ". Beast Deal guaranty ;) .
    If somebody have a portrait of best salesman - it is Orlando.
  • felixescobar10felixescobar10 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, I am trying to purchase Rogue but the prices are a little high. But the price that you got is excellent, I am just wondering where is the dealer that you bought your Rogue. :)

Thank You,
    Angela
  • patg2patg2 Member Posts: 24
    get some chrome strips for my rogue and chrome grille???
    I found about 90 Nissan dealers on 75m distance from my home.
    Sent to all of them quote requests.
    Some of them called back with appointment invitation - you can just ignore that calls.
    But some of them sent offer with real prices.
    Analise that offers select best for you and call to dealer.
    Or cal to Classic Nissan NJ and ask Orlando. Say "I'm form Sergey" I think he can beat any best offer you'll receive.
  • truecarchattruecarchat Member Posts: 10
    Here's what I think about your deal. Your story is the best yet. If my math is right you got it at approximately $1,100 under invoice. Even if Nissan offered their dealers 3 percent advertising and marketing incentives that would make $860.25, leaving the OTD dealer loss of about $239.75 plus interest on his interim loan. Oh please share your secret. This way others finding their Nissan dealers having most Rogues presold and only a couple on the lot can use your technique to convince them to lose money. I can't speak for other Roguers but I certainly want to learn your technique. Thanks. :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:
    i explained how i did the deal...now, i want to be clear...here in missouri...OTD can be before taxes and license and my price was before T & L...so, what did you really want to know...this is what i paid... :confuse:
    sorry...i thought you were commenting on my deal... :blush:
    No you were very candid and took ample time to explain your deal. Your comments were appreciated and you did great. :) The bargaining technique I was currently interested in was "roguer" who was able to buy one at approximately $1100 under invoice and at an estimated dealer's loss of $300. I can't speak for everyone following this thread, but I'm certainly interested in learning his/or her technique. :D
    I also did same math and got same result .
    Looks like Nissan dealers have something else , that we do not know, but not hold back only. It was Now, 30st - last day of the month.
    I also feel like received gift for couple of thousand $$$, but not any special technique only about 100 quote requests.

It also could be interesting to hear from someone else about buying experience from same dealer for same car..
  • jboxtonjboxton Member Posts: 18
    Good. When these idiots come in with a combative attitude they are not going to get treated as well. Dealership employees are people, too (contrary to popular belief) and you get treated the way you treat them. If you go into a deal and keep announcing that the dealership is a crook and you are not going to fall for all their games, understand that you will be treated the same back. If that same person throughout the deal was polite and just said they were going through their credit union, I would have engaged some conversation and left it at that. When they came back I would have been glad to redo the paperwork with our finance source. Heck, it would have made me more money doing it that way in the first place.
    You are making the mistake of believing that the dealers's pack is worth about what he is "charging" for it.
    Even still, according to Edmunds, the invoice on that $27,940 car that roguer bought is $25,709. He paid only $25,387 with the additional dealers pack. "roguer" was $322 below invoice without the dealer's pack. So even if the $735 extras only cost the dealer $200-$300 it still makes this car $522 to $622 below invoice while others reading this thread are reporting trouble getting $500-$600 off MSRP. Being curious, I just wanted to know his/or her secret. :surprise:
    Check here http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/283030
    My price is not the best ;(

truecarchat, my secret is - you have to work the price you want and you'll get that price. Do not pay MSRP.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $25,387 is a good price OTD.... any more should have shopped.
    The reason why I had been asking roguer and others on this thread their secrets was based on my purchase. Here's the inventory of Rogues at my four closest Nissan dealers. Dealer 1, 7 Rogues, 2 with leather. Dealer 2, 4 Rogues, 1 with leather; Dealer 3, 5 Rogues none with leather and Dealer 4, 12 Rogues, 4 presold, the remaining 8 none with leather. I wanted one with black leather preferably grey or red. The closest grey was more than 200 miles away, but the dealer was willing to trade cars with that dealer. Not one of the 4 dealers wanted to take more than $300 to $500 off MSRP. It took a relative of the dealership owner to get me $25,795 plus document fees, license and taxes to get his only leather Rogue. And even with this contact my request to throw in a very minor assessory received re-echoing throughout the dealership NOOOOOO! :cry: My advise, based only on my experience if you're at below invoice don't continue to shop around. If you're at a few hundred above invoice, don't continue to shop around. If you're lucky enough to find a dealer that even has your car choice and willing to take one of the aforementioned deals, take it, and start enjoying the car. Some cities may have Nissan dealers with 20 or more Rogues just sitting on their lot gathering dust. But in reality most have just a few and they don't need to give them away in the first 3 months of the new car year. Happy shopping to all and to all a good night! :)
  • ulasozcelikulasozcelik Member Posts: 31
    Anybody trying to lease the '08 Rouge SL AWD (fully loaded)? I seem to be getting pretty high lease rates for this vehicle. Although, a dealer in Charlotte, NC was letting this car go for $24,500.
  • ctbell11ctbell11 Member Posts: 3
    The residual through NMAC for 36 months is 57% on a 15K a year lease, 58% on a 12K a year lease. The money factor is .00285.
    Did this car include AWD and leather and did the $24,500 include destination charges? If so, the purchase offer was an unbelievable $1,200 under invoice and you may want to consider purchasing instead of leasing. :)
  • dobby10dobby10 Member Posts: 1
    Put a deposit down on a Wicked Black with Gray Interior... SL AWD, Premium Package, Floor Mats, Bumper Protector, Splash Guards, Crossbars. I had a quote from another dealer selling it for $200 below invoice, but they didn't have the color I wanted with the features I wanted.
    Total price: $23,400 + TTT = $54 below invoice
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Went to the Nissan Dealer on Nov 29th to go look at the Rouge, bought a SL FWD with Prem Package, Moonroof, splash guards, kick panel, door edge guard, paint protrection in Veron Red with Black and Red interior, for $22,400, which I thought was a great price. We were told that the Rouge was in thier storage lot, and that it will be brought over, cleaned up and ready to be picked up at 7pm. I thought it was odd that the could PDI it in 2 hrs. We also bought a 08 Altima Coupe, which is mine. We took off went to dinner, went home got the other trade in, came back to the dealership and the Rogue was sitting there all pretty, again in the back on my mind, I thought WOW they did a great job doing the PDI in the dark. After inspecting it come to find out it was a dealer trade! In fact it bounced between 2 other dealers. After checking all he paperwork that was sitting on the front seat, some fool left the TRUE dealer invoice for the Rogue in the SUV, the true Dealer invoce was and get this, $19,745. So they still made about 2500 on us. After going through more paperwork, come to find out that the first dealership installed lojack in it, we have all the paperwork for this with the tech # who installed it and the activation date of it. So I think we did pretty good on the deal. I have to say I really like it, I haven't driven it all but once, but was very impressed with it. So far the average MPG is 28, Per the on board computer.

MSRP was $26,795 Our Price was $22,400 plus TTL the true invoice was $19,745..
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Wow, quite a markup on the price then as Consumer reports shows a price of $21,976.00 as being what the dealer paid for the vehicle so you got a great deal.
  • chakrichakri Member Posts: 1
    HI,
    I got the following quote from one of the dealers in Houston:
    Iridium Graphite SL AWD Premium Package:
    $600 over invoice price plus TTL and fees which comes to 23,742 + TTL and fees.

Is this a good deal??
    SHould i look for a better price?

Thank You
    When I saw the price the dealer really paid for the SUV I had a good laugh, so all you people who THINK they are getting the SUV at or a little more then Invoice you are all fooling yoursleves.

Tony
    And what is real price? :confuse:

I knew is something wrong with deal around "invoice" price :sick:
    I posted in my original post and here it is again $19,745.
    There is no "true" dealer invoice, there is only one invoice that comes from Nissan that shows MSRP, Invoice, options, VIN, dealer, destination, etc. On the bottom left of the invoice is 'Memo', that is the holdback. If you can get a dealer to go into holdback on a Rogue you are doing good. The holdback and whatever the dealer makes over invoice is their profit. By the way, treat your salesperson nice, he'll get paid a "mini" (which could be anywhere from $50 up to $125) with you purchasing the Rogue for invoice or lower.
  • getmeanewcargetmeanewcar Member Posts: 26
    24645 plus taxes, delivery, etc

2008 Rogue
    SL 2.5L 4cyl
    premium package
    moon roof package
    2WD

please tell me your opinion, thanks
    Invoice is $22,361 on one spec'd out as you listed. I know another dealer will do better.
    I cannot verify those claiming on this thread that there were able to buy the hard to find leather Rogue at invoice or below, but here's the facts in Ohio. First, I have followed sold Rogues off the internet from area Nissan Dealers. Second, I took down their VIN numbers and then put those numbers in the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles website. This gave me the exact sales price as listed on the title :surprise: Before I tell you the results to date, in Ohio new car dealers may add on a $250 document fee to the sales price. That fee is included in the titled price. Rogue 1 with MSRP $27,650 was listed on the title as $27,600. Meaning that the total dealer discount with document fees $300. :cry: Rogue 2 with MSRP $27,650 titled amount shown as $27,900. That would be full MSRP plus $250 document fees. :cry: Sure the dealer may have added scotch guard or door reflectors or any other dealer option. However, nothing speaks louder about the true amount paid the dealer than the actual title. :) I have about 6-8 more that I am following and will update with the results. I hope that those in the Ohio area will find this useful when negotiating on their ROGUE. Good luck!
    I don't intend to get personal here, but are you an Ohio Nissan dealer trying to keep prices high? You don't seem interested in buying a Rogue and all of your 7 posts on Edmunds discourage potential buyers from trying to get a good deal. I have offers to sell me a leather Rogue for invoice +100 to MSRP minus $500. And where do you get the time to trace cars from dealer websites to the Ohio DMV site, and how would you know the prices are listed there unless you were a dealer?? Your detective work only shows there are two Ohio buyers who didn't have enough knowledge to pay less than MSRP.
    First, If you would have noticed an earlier post, I am an individual who bought a Rogue. And I explained in that post, when the 4 Nissan dealers in my area were not dealing because the cars were being sold before they hit their lot, I went through a neighbor who was a relative of a local dealer. His price to me was $320 over invoice and he did it begrudgingly and only as a favor to his relative. Second, it does not take any detective work, all VIN numbers are posted at all dealer's websites, all Bureau of Motor Vehicle information regarding the title is public information, only the buyer's name and address is private. That's why right after you buy a new car you get so much mail regarding extended warranties and insurance. The only reason why I even bothered to do this is to show that in the real world when a car is in demand and demand exceeds supply, and even EDMUNDS own website shows that the dealers are selling most Rogues at MSRP, you can't always believe a stranger making an unproveable boast that he just walked into a showroom and drove out with a car hundreds of dollars below invoice. This is a free world and you can believe whoever you want. I titled my message Real World Prices Paid For The Rogue. And I'm able to prove it with VIN numbers, title information and EDMUNDS.COM information. By the way it takes less time to check VIN numbers from a dealer's website then it takes for indviduals who claimed they sent out 100s of e-mails and drove 100s of miles to pick up the car. Welcome to the world of the internet and DSL service when information is available in a split second. And "I don't intend to get personal" but what makes you the foremost authority in buying below invoice and guessing peoples occupation? Do have a buy it below invoice or I know what you do for a living website you're trying to promote on this thread? Why don't you just let people who were able get their car at what they thought was a fair price just enjoy it without giving them false impressions that dealers are anxiously waiting to sell what few Rogues they get at hundreds of dollars below invoice. And that's what all my messages were about. Just enjoy the car and don't feel that you did something wrong if you paid a fair price for the Rogue and it was above invoice.
    Regarding the price listed on the DVM. Here in AZ, the LIST price of the car is listed at the DMV, not the price in which you paid for it. So if I gave you my VIN # of my Rogue it would show the wrong price. The AZ DMV would make me a liar on the price I paid for me Rogue. In fact the dealer himself got screwed on our deal, and yes virginia I paid Edmonds MSRP for the Rogue with all the typical Add ons a dealer put on thier cars... SL FWD, with Sunroof and Preiumin Package.
    By "I don't intend to get personal" i meant that I din't intend to flamw you in my post. It was hard to tell by wading through your posts that you did actually buy a Rogue. And you think that the dealer gave away lots of margin because you are a friend of a relative and that's a tale that not even you should believe. Basically, that was your bargaining technique, and I am glad it worked for you. However, nothing in your response above explains why you are discouraging people from trying to get a good price on their new Rogue, as apparently you did.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,815
    I don't think I would depend on the Ohio DMV for actual prices paid.. Most buyers have a trade-in, and in Ohio, since you only pay tax on the difference between selling price and trade-in, the numbers can be manipulated any way you want...

Sales managers will often list a higher sale price, and over-allow for the trade-in. Sometimes, it all depends on how their compensation is structured.

I'm not trying to imply that Rogue discounts are small or large... only that I wouldn't depend on the Ohio DMV to ascertain that information.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I'm not trying to slam anyone. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting the best deal possible and doing whatever it takes to get that best deal. All I wanted to do was just give positive reinforcement to those people who were not able to find a dealer willing to negotiate. I wanted them to know, IN MY OPINION ONLY, that they did nothing wrong or they said nothing wrong. They just happened to want a car in high demand and in low supply. Furthermore, they should just enjoy their new ROGUE regardless of price paid. Apparently I did not do a good job expressing myself and therefore my intentions have been misunderstood. In short, please spend as much time as you want or need to get the best price that you can! Regarding the Ohio BMV info, I thought it would be interesting to track it just to see when the dealers were starting to make better discounts. I thought that would be useful for Ohio buyers. Apparently that was not a good idea either. Thanks for the feedback. :):)
  • gobruins2gobruins2 Member Posts: 2
    I have always found these forums helpful, so I just thought I would return the favor and tell about my deal. I got the SL AWD with premium package,moonroof, roof rail, splash guards, floor mats, and rear bumper protector for $24,148 with an MSRP of $26,140. The car was on the lot and I got it for invoice (at least invoice according to edmunds). Regardless of whether this is true invoice or not, I am haapy to get $2,000 off sticker, and obviously the dealer is happy to sell the car at that price (or he wouldn't have done it), so we are both happy. The car has 7 miles on it too boot!
  • grrrldrivergrrrldriver Member Posts: 8
    ...where the only Nissan dealer adds in the cost of all options (come on, now, even floor mats?), and insists on *full* sticker price, as if he’s a mother hen with 27640 (+TTL) eggs to protect...

Luckily, I live near a slightly bigger small town with a Nissan house that will deal...a little. They've got an SL AWD w/premium pkg, moonroof, and leather option for the “I’m carless / let’s deal” price I blurted out before all flashcards were in place of ....27k. That might be about $500 below MSRP, but after all the BS heard today from Nissan dealers, Toyota (RAV4) dealers, and me, who can really say for sure. Salesman said he’d throw in mats, splashguards, moonroof visor, &tc. ("Nissan sends these w/Rogues they send out anyway"): I plan to hold his feet to the fire on this. Also, I may be able to save money on FWD versus AWD (please see 2nd newbie post, elsewhere)...

Dealers have me over a barrel this time; no time for private sellers ...$%#@ totaled 2005 Murano SE AWD... (RIP, baby)...Does anybody know if it'd be worth a 100-150 mi trip to DFW area, or are they hooked on MSRP, too? Any advice is much appreciated...
  • myrt17myrt17 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought the Rogue in Venom Red - leather seats, premium package MSRP was 27650 - I got it for $27000. It took a lot of haggling and me sticking to my price & threatening to walk out. I did have a trade in which they raised $2000 from their original offer. It is amazing how they try to lowball you. I don't think it helped that I am a woman. However, I have bought a lot of cars in the past and did my research. The TMV on Edmunds is $27400. I defiinitely think people should wait because the price will drop, but the leather option is hard to fnd. They are willing to move on the cloth seats which are also very comfortable. That said, this car is so fun to drive ! I absolutely love it!!
  • grrrldrivergrrrldriver Member Posts: 8
    We're twins! I just got an SL Rogue AWD in Venom Red with gray Leather; premium pkg; moonroof, splash guards, floor mats, roof rails, and rear bumper protector for $27,000…$900 under MSRP; $600 under closest other best deal in East TX.

Supply, demand, price, grrr.

Since they had to swap Rogue's with a distant dealer ($1000 to driver??), a lot of the “we’ll throw it in’s” (i.e.; splash guards) went away, but I'm still happy. There are zero used RAV4 Ltd's with leather available; better deals might be had in D/FW with its 15 or so Nissan dealers, but that’s 150 mi away, and who’s to say I wouldn’t be in jail by now over somebody's “bait n’ switch” tactic if I'd gone…

...and besides, any grrrl with a totaled Murano and only 5 days in a rental can't afford to be too picky. Although I still managed it... :blush: ...and also corked myself for #%$ leather. (Cue up Pink Floyd: “If you don’t get yer AWD, you can’t have any leather? How can you have any leather if you don’t get any AWD?”)
  • p32lerp32ler Member Posts: 1
    We just got our Indigo Blue AWD Rogue S with all the options, which of course on the S model only includes mats, kick plates, bumper protector and splash guards. :)

We had previously seen the Rogue at the local auto show, and had test driven one, so we knew exactly which model and color we wanted. So I contacted a number of dealers in the area (Boston) to see if they had the exact model/color we wanted, and what their quote was.

We actually weren't too interested in any of the options for the S model, so when I received a quote of $200 over invoice, I asked if that was $20442 which is $200 over of the invoice of the AWD S model with no options and the dealer replied yes.

I then heard from another dealer who offered to beat that offer plus add a 2year Nissan Gold extended warranty. At the time I thought this meant 2 years past the 3/36 standard warranty, only later did I realize it starts from day one. So while it covers a bit more than the original warranty, it runs concurrently, so there's not a whole lot of added value.

So we settled on $20391, but the vehicle they were offering did include all of the options for the AWD S model, so this offer turns out to be about $225 below invoice, plus the 2 year Nissan Gold warranty, and they threw in a portable navigation device.

The warranty and GPS don't really add much, but the total price was what we were looking for, and the added options are nice bonus. It turns out my wife did actually want the mats, she just didn't know it. :)

So we ended up paying:
    $20391 + TTL
    $21771 OTD
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Rogue SL with leather package: $27449 out the door. No trade, cash. I'm happy. Very little back and forth bargaining.
  • katzisukatzisu Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the Rogue with the SL package in the Ames/Des Moines. Where did you find your deal?
  • sandasanda Member Posts: 1
    :D We purchased an SL with leather, moonroof and assorted minor add ons, like mud flaps and floor mats for $25,520. This was the invoice cost. We double checked with the prices listed in Edmunds. In deciding whether to purchase the Rogue and at what cost, this forum was enormously helpful. Thank you to all who posted. The dealer? Antwerpen Nissan in Clarksville, MD.
  • cdmuilecdmuile Member Posts: 152
    Hummel's in DSM. There's a real "car guy" there that sells Rogues. He even knew the car I was driving was an Azera! No one knows an Azera.
  • lukfilmlukfilm Member Posts: 6
    For anyone looking to buy '08 Nissan Rogue - I ONLY emailed so far and got a deal (didn't come in to buy it yet, though) on SL AWD with premium package, moonroof, roof rails, splash guards and floor mats for $500 under invoice for $23,606. These are hard to come by, get an invoice pricing, let alone $500 under invoice eating up the entire holdback ($457) and then some. Is it because it's almost the end of the year, or is the "invoice pricing" on Edmunds inaccurate?
  • ewuewu Member Posts: 13
    Where are you? I am looking for a SL AWD with premium package, moonroof, leather.
    So far the lowest I can got is $26100, which dealer said is 500 over invoice. It is hard to get lower. This is around boston area.
  • lukfilmlukfilm Member Posts: 6
    Offered by susquehannanissan.com (NEPA).