Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

NFL Football

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Pats got caught cheating. The commish let them take a flyer. They deserve all the asterisks you can lump on them.

I assume we don't have to suffer through the Dolphins drinking champagne every 11th or 12th game anymore though.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    I assume we don't have to suffer through the Dolphins drinking champagne every 11th or 12th game anymore though.

Yeah, I got tired of reading about that annual drunkfest about 2 decades ago. :sick:

It was classy of Don Shula to say that if the Pats went on to win the Super Bowl he would be the first to congratulate them. Though Shula never tried to pull something in the way of cheating that Belecheat did.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    Belecheat

You misspelled a word there. I'm sure you just made a mistake. :surprise:

-moo
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I gotta say congratulations to the Patriots. Simply the best football team EVER !!!!

I do like Tom Brady, as he did win us a national championship at Michigan :shades:

-Rocky
    Simply the best football team EVER !!!!

Huh? Say what? A bit premature...they haven't even won a playoff game yet. :confuse:

The 1986 Chicago Bears team is the best football team EVER. They dominated throughout the season, playoffs and Superbowl... beating the Patsies. I'd also put the mid to late 80's 49's teams with Joe Montana ahead of the Patriots as well. Every Dallas Cowboy team, since Tom Landry had hair, as well. :shades:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Brady, would have a field day picking a part the 85/86 Bears. So would Peyton Manning. They were slow !!!! Walter Payton, was running on what one leg and a cane at that point in his career ??? :P Jim McMahon, was probably the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl and the Pats defense would of ate his lunch. That team is way over-hyped. I can't even remember a WR from that team that should tell you something.

The 49ers were a great team but they won a couple of superbowls on lucky catches. Randy Moss, Stallworth, Welker, would of overwhelmed their corners. They did have Montana, who is one of the best and of course Rice, so it would be a good game but the Pats defense I think would be the deciding factor.

Troy Aikman, behind Brady, is the best QB of all-time IMHO. Aikman, is greatly under-rated on the all-time list and the guy was not only super intellegent, tough, and had a strong arm, buthe probably had the most accurate arm of all-time. The guy about 4 or 5 years back was doing a Dallas, game and one of the reporters said something to the fact that if hey Troy, if you were healthy enough could you still play at this age ? Troy grabbed a football and threw a perfect pass into the Dallas Cowboy cannon across the field. The reporter nor the audience could not believe there eyes. ;)

So the Cowboys team of the 90's is the only team I think would challenge the Pats. The only other one that comes to mind is Elway's Superbowl teams. ;)

-Rocky
    Brady, would have a field day picking a part the 85/86 Bears.

Huh? Say what? Ya gots to be kidding? ;) Brady wouldn't have time to pick his nose... much less any time to be picking apart the Bears defense. When opposing teams get to Brady with a good pass rush is when the Patsies lose. The 86 Bears with Buddy Ryan, as D.C, had the best pass rush in the history of the game. Ain't no team come close to singing and performing a hit song like the "Super Bowl Shuffle" like the 86 Bears neither. :P

The 49ers were a great team but they won a couple of superbowls on lucky catches

You mean like how the Patriots were lucky to win that snow bowl against the Raiders(?) on the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. And the luck the Patsies had in winning 3 Super Bowls by 3 points....2 on a last second field goals?

Troy Aikman, behind Brady, is the best QB of all-time IMHO. Aikman, is greatly under-rated

Well, I'd like to argue about that too.... but just can't. ;) Troy's a good color commentator as well.

My only wish is for a competitive Super Bowl, regardless who is in it. There will be growing pressure on the Patsies in the playoffs. They win the Super Bowl and I'd throw them into the small pot that are considered "greatest teams".

But, I'd still throw an asterik on their winning streak and undefeated season. :cry: (had to throw some whining in there for my good buddy pf-flyer.) :P
    Huh? Say what? Ya gots to be kidding? Brady wouldn't have time to pick his nose... much less any time to be picking apart the Bears defense. When opposing teams get to Brady with a good pass rush is when the Patsies lose. The 86 Bears with Buddy Ryan, as D.C, had the best pass rush in the history of the game. Ain't no team come close to singing and performing a hit song like the "Super Bowl Shuffle" like the 86 Bears neither.

You got to be kidding me. Walter Payton, might of made the team via special teams. Ditka, played in the weakest division in football so he had 8 walk in the park games. Jim McMahon, as I said would not of played football today as most of those older players. Roger Staubach, was the most over-rated QB in NFL history. The guy threw Hail Mary's to Bullet Bob Hayes, because anyone that ran a sub 5.1 40 yard time was considered fast back in those days. Look at Offensive Lines back then if you were 260 pounds you were considered huge. I respect the past players and they were good during their times but 2/3rds of them would not of played in todays game thus their is really no comparison. Mercury Morris, was getting stupid defensive today to think his team (72 Dolphins) would not be beat by the Patriots.
    No disrepect but it only goes to show me how out of touch with reality some of you older folks are. It would be like you guys saying Bill Russell, would beat Karl Malone, in basketball. I've heard that before. Mohammed Ali, beating Evander Holyfield, Tyson, Lennox Louis, or the Russian Twins in a boxing match. I just laugh !!!! Sure their is exceptions to the rule and not all the past athletes were bad. However in general such as Babe Ruth, doing what he did then today LOL. He would be Ked by Nolan Ryan or Roger Clemens. Now Ty Cobb, is oneofthose exceptions because he did what he did hitting a ball basically made of stone. ;)

You mean like how the Patriots were lucky to win that snow bowl against the Raiders(?) on the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. And the luck the Patsies had in winning 3 Super Bowls by 3 points....2 on a last second field goals?

Oh you are talking about the make-up call for the blatant pass interference ;) :P
    They couldn't help it they had the best clutch field goal kicker of all-time. :P

Well, I'd like to argue about that too.... but just can't. Troy's a good color commentator as well.

LOL, the guy is great isn't he. ;) :shades:

My only wish is for a competitive Super Bowl, regardless who is in it. There will be growing pressure on the Patsies in the playoffs. They win the Super Bowl and I'd throw them into the small pot that are considered "greatest teams".

Well winning 3 superbowls in 4 years certainly confirms Brady's teams in NFL history. The guy is a god. His coach is a god !!! This years team is obviously the best of em' all and unless their is some fluke loss they should go down as the greatest team ever !!! ;)

But, I'd still throw an asterik on their winning streak and undefeated season. (had to throw some whining in there for my good buddy pf-flyer.)

Why should their be asterisk. OMG, you are not trying to claim the spy video crappola ???? :sick:

That is likesayingtheir should be a asterisk by Barry Bonds homeruns even though the guy has never pissed positive. I could go back and say stuff about the 72' dolphins or the 85 Bears and how juiced those guys were. How do I know Walter Payton or Jim Brown, didn't take Steroids. Teams have spyed on each other for years but the Pats, got caught. The bottom line is they got caught and kept on winning anyways many months ago. :P

-Rocky
    I thought we were talking about the greatest teams of all time, not who could beat who... which is a completely different story. The training, nutrition and steriods today are much more efficient than those "back in the olden days." Which according to you was around 1986, which would make you... what, about fourteen? :P

Now, you give "Da Bears" and the 70's Cowboy teams led by Roger "the doger" Staubach the training, steriods and the sophisticated cheating methods employed by the New England Patsies.... then not only would those teams be competive, they would probably beat the Patsies and all teams rather handily from todays game.

By the way, Staubachs favorite receiver was Drew Pearson and Golden Richards. Bullit Bob Hayes was running with a cane by the time Staubach became a fulltime starter.

If the Patsies go on to win the Super Bowl, I would put them down as one of the greatest teams ever. To have lost only one game (cheating scandal) in an otherwise dominating season is quite impressive.

That is like saying their should be a asterisk by Barry Bonds homeruns even though the guy has never pissed positive

There (not their) ;) should be two astericks by Barry Bonds name. One for lying about taking steriods, in a cream, and saying he didn't know. The other for having some guy inject him with steriods... and generally being a jerk. Bonds excuse will be, "Well, I never took steriods... some goober came up once a week and injected me with something, I thought it was gatorade... never gave him permission".

But, Go Cowboys... win your sixth Super Bowl. Show the world, and the Patsies, that cheaters never prosper. Go Romo. Who is the reincarnation of one of the greatest quaterbacks the NFL has ever seen in Roger Staubach. He's got the scrambling ability, the arm, and late game winning heroics down pat. If he can get a little smarter with the ball, I see many Super Bowl victories in the Cowboys future. :shades:
    I thought we were talking about the greatest teams of all time, not who could beat who... which is a completely different story.

Well so was I but it seemed you were implying that the 85 Bears, could beat anyone which I believe isn't true.

The training, nutrition and steriods today are much more efficient than those "back in the olden days." Which according to you was around 1986, which would make you... what, about fourteen?

Well actually I was more like 7 years old. :P I do remember that team because my father basically forced me to watch football and the superbowl shuffle song was huge. I also did watch some of the games on ESPN Classic and yes they were good but compared to the teams today they would be overwhelmed by how fast the game is today. There is no way any Bear's player would be able to cover Randy Moss. Back in the olden days jipster, teams ran the ball 75% of the time. That just does not work very often today unless you have a killer O-Line and a legend in the making running back but as you can see their isn't tomany ofthem around outside of LT in San Diego.

Now, you give "Da Bears" and the 70's Cowboy teams led by Roger "the doger" Staubach the training, steriods and the sophisticated cheating methods employed by the New England Patsies.... then not only would those teams be competive, they would probably beat the Patsies and all teams rather handily from todays game.

WOW, you are living in "La La" land !!!! :confuse: Didn't Roger Staubach, invent the forward pass ? Come-on, those teams were good for their day but even my modern day Detroit Lions, would go undefeated in that era. Could you imagine those slow, stick figure, shrimps, trying to guard Roy Williams or Calvin Johnson. :P Even Ryan Leaf, would be a star in the 70'sbecause he could throw the ball on a rope for 40 yards. Hell that was a hail mary for Roger Staubach. The point I'm trying to make you understand that theathletes today are just smarter, bigger, stronger, faster, than they were back then. Can you not accept that we advanced ??? It's quite possible 30 years from now my kids will tell me the same thing I'm telling you. ;)

By the way, Staubachs favorite receiver was Drew Pearson and Golden Richards. Bullit Bob Hayes was running with a cane by the time Staubach became a fulltime starter.

Drew Pearson, seems like a nice guy. Use to listen to him on talk radio in Texas. He probably wouldn't start on any team today. Golden Richards, was pretty fast though so he might of made the practice team. ;)

If the Patsies go on to win the Super Bowl, I would put them down as one of the greatest teams ever. To have lost only one game (cheating scandal) in an otherwise dominating season is quite impressive.

Whatever...... :confuse: You are sounding like Mercury Morris. I've lost lots of respect for him and his absurd comments on ESPN. :(

There (not their) should be two astericks by Barry Bonds name. One for lying about taking steriods, in a cream, and saying he didn't know. The other for having some guy inject him with steriods... and generally being a jerk. Bonds excuse will be, "Well, I never took steriods... some goober came up once a week and injected me with something, I thought it was gatorade... never gave him permission".

Bonds, is not a fan favorite because he is a jerk, but that doesn't mean he is automatically guilty. Each fan can assume the guy did take Roids !!!! Canseco, says he did and nobody is able to prove Jose, isn't telling the truth. ;)

But, Go Cowboys... win your sixth Super Bowl. Show the world, and the Patsies, that cheaters never prosper.

Are you a bandwagoner jipster ???? :P The cowgirls are going to get smoked by the Pats, and that's assuming Brett Favre, allows them to get there. :P

Go Romo. Who is the reincarnation of one of the greatest quaterbacks the NFL has ever seen in Roger Staubach. He's got the scrambling ability, the arm, and late game winning heroics down pat.

Romo, the [non-permissible content removed] is indeed a talent but it's like slap in the face to compare him to such mediocracy like Staubach. Romo, didn't get his fame by throwing LUCKY "Hail Mary's" :P

If he can get a little smarter with the ball, I see many Super Bowl victories in the Cowboys future.

If he can hold on to the ball he might get lucky and win one. I guess that depends soley on how much longer T.O. is willing to play !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Well so was I but it seemed you were implying that the 85 Bears, could beat anyone which I believe isn't true.

Nope. You said the Pats were the best team ever, I stated the 86 Bears team was the best team ever. There was no implication as to who could beat who should they play against each other. Unless you happen to know someone with a time machine, we will ever know for sure. So, the criteria used should be on team play, records,offense/defense, special teams, coaching, domination of opponents, and of course winning the Super Bowl. Da Bears excelled in all these areas.

and yes they were good but compared to the teams today they would be overwhelmed by how fast the game is today. There is no way

As Ronald Reagan would say, "Well.....there you go again." :P
    We are speaking of the greatest "team"s... not individual players.... or greater speed, strength and size. It goes without saying that todays teams have better strength and speed than those 20-50 years ago. (better steriods) I've always thought superior teamwork and understanding of the game would win out over superior talent. Besides, I've already stated that the steriods, training, nutrition and
    espinoge tactics are lightyears ahead of what they were 20 years ago. You were just a pebble back then, but the game hasn't really changed that much in terms of running versus passing %. The main difference is the size of the players... chalk it up to steriods. Players "smarter" today... LOL... you gotta be joking on that one.
    Most only care about how much money they can get. They don't love the game like the "old timers" did.

Didn't Roger Staubach, invent the forward pass ?

Oh... you'll smoke a turd in hell for that blashphamy pal. ;)
    Hall of Famer who dominated the NFL for a decade, led his team to 3 Super Bowls. Accepted by all players, sportsfans and writers as one of the greatest ever. I think you are just jealous. :P

Ryan Leaff would be a loser in any decade because he is a selfish, immature idiot. Guys with rocket arms come and go all the time in the NFL. It's the one's who are cool under pressure and have the most smarts that stay around. Look at Joe Montana, not the greatest arm, but like Staubach, is considered one of the games greatest players.

The cowgirls

I was wondering how long it would take you to respond to my "Patsies" provocation. ;) Everyone knows the Cowboys have had the NFL's hottest looking cheerleaders (Cowgirls) since their hotpants of the 70's. :blush:

Also, how do you get 12 emotorcons in your post? You make a sizeable donation to Tidesters Fan Club or something? I only get about 5 before I get the ole "Ease up on the emotorcons pal" prompt. It ain't fair I tells you.

GO COWBOYS.... BEAT THE YELLER BELLY CHEATING PATSIES!!!!
    Jip,

Thanks for these wondeful and insightful posts of yours. Unfortunately, I have to side with rockylee because he was able to use the emotorcons to a greater degree.

Sorry pal. :blush:

:)
    :shades:
    :lemon:
    :mad:

And that hit my "Ease up on the emotorcons, huh?".

-moo
    . Unfortunately, I have to side with rockylee because he was able to use the emotorcons to a greater degree.

I think he cheated. Nobody gets 12 emotorcons in a post unless they are paying off the officials. :cry:
    I think cheating is the only reasonable explanation.

It MIGHT be that there is some sort of confusing ration of text to emotorcons. But, probably not.

Happy new year, Jip!

-moo
    It MIGHT be that there is some sort of confusing ration of text to emotorcons

Nahhh. My post was almost as long as the epic rocky posted. Them host got it out fo me I tells you. They (Tidester and Kristie) know Mr. Edmunds has made me several offers to be King of all Hosts... so they're trying to make life difficult for me while they can. As soon as Mr. Edmunds throws in a little more bling I'll be running things around here. ;)

Happy New Year to you too Moo!
    :):(:D :mad: :cry: :P ;) :surprise: :blush: :confuse: :sick: :shades: :lemon:

:surprise: :mad: :):(:blush: :sick: :shades: :P

Well Kirstie, didn't give you the memo ???? She was suppose to tell you in secret that I (Rocky) actually run the show :D kinda like Tom Brady, does on the football field.:blush: and that is why I have a unlimited secretive number of emotorcons. Yeah, they thought about changing the sites name to Rockmunds. :P

As far as cowboys fans go I was one until Emmitt, got the shaft by Jerry Jones and the Tuna, for Troy Hambrick. :mad: I actually have a collectable 1 of 122 autographed pic record breaking run by Emmitt Smith. It also has his rookie card. I have always admired Emmitt, Troy, and over the years began to like Michael Irvin, because it seems like he has cleaned up his act. The 95' Cowboys team is the only
    NFL team ever that would have a chinamens chance in hell of beating this years Patriots team in a best of 3 game series IMHO !!!! They had Larry Allen, Eric Williams, Nate Newton, Moose, Novachek, Stepnoscki, Prime Time, Darren Woodson, Emmitt, Aikman, Irvin, they were stacked. Wasn't Coakley on that team also ??? Lets not forget Leon Lett. That team might have a chance. ;)

-Rocky
    and that is why I have a unlimited secretive number of emotorcons

Nawww dude... you on the juice! The emotorcon steriod juice is all it is. :P
    I bet you're running research errands all day long, for Kristie and Tidester, to pay off this filthy little habit you have. ;)

As far as cowboys fans go I was one until Emmitt, got the shaft by Jerry Jones

Well, I don't think anybody likes Jerry Jones... maybe his mama. He's like a spoiled little brat who won't let anybody else play with his toys. In this case his toys are the Dallas Cowboys. I really liked Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson when they coached the Cowboys. Switzer was a puppet. The "Tuna" got fed up with having to deal with Jones. Michael Irvin, can't stand him since he got arrested multiple times for drugs and orgies... well the drug part mainly. :blush: Don't really care for him as a commentator either.

The 95' Cowboy team was awesome. I believe it was Darrel Coakley at linebacker... not sure. Leon Lett... the big cat, or big dummie. Jumped on a live ball on a blocked field goal costing Dallas the game against the Dolphins. After picking up a fumble against the Bills in the Super Bowl he held the ball up to celebrate before crossing the goal line, got it knocked out by Don BeBe, costing the Cowboys a touchdown. A good player otherwise.

If the Pats get knocked off it will be during the AFC playoffs. Can't see them losing to any team from the NFC... even my beloved Dallas Cowboys. :cry::(

P.S Jerry Jones is the devil.
    I can't believe my Lydowns fired Martz !!!! :surprise: I guess we will be the same old Lions, next year. :cry: :sick:

-Rocky
    I can't believe my Lydowns fired Martz !!!! :surprise: I guess we will be the same old Lions, next year. :cry: :sick:

-Rocky
    Lions started out pretty good... then laid down like a tired ole pussycat. Glad them suckers didn't beat my Cowboys. How embarassing that would have been. :sick:
    They gave that one away. They always play your boys tough. ;) I wish I was rich enough to afford the Lions, because I would bring a superbowl trophy to Detriot. ;)

-Rocky
    Jipster,

Is T.O. going to play ?

-Rocky
    Is T.O. going to play ?

I think he'll play. I read he is doing "light" jogging and is hopeful to start practicing by Wednesday... rehabing in an oxygen chamber. He's got another week to heal, so I think he'll be good to go... probably against the New York Giants.

Not a T.O fan though. While I think he is a great player, not much of a team player.
    He seems to be lacking in maturity when the going gets tough, much like Randy Moss.

If T.O can't go, Jerry Jones put a call into the Jipster the other day to be ready. My first score I'll body spell E-D-M-U-ND-S during my celebration dance. ;)
    If T.O can't go, Jerry Jones put a call into the Jipster the other day to be ready. My first score I'll body spell E-D-M-U-ND-S during my celebration dance.

:P

-Rocky
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    You got that right!

Go Cowboys!
    That 95 Dallas team IS the GOAT!
    Yep, and would whip those 85' Bears butts !!! :P

-Rocky
    Looks like T.O will be ready to go. He practiced yesterday. Ran routes and made cuts at full speed. He did limp a little, at times when walking or jogging. Probably just playing it up for the attention. ;)
    Well I'm ready to see him play !!! ;)

-Rocky
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    Did you hear his interview with Deion Sanders? It was sickening listening to Deion sit there and kiss TO's [non-permissible content removed].
    Did you hear his interview with Deion Sanders?It was sickening listening to Deion sit there and kiss TO's [non-permissible content removed].

Almost glad I didn't see it... sounds puke worthy.

As a group wide recievers seem to be the most pampered, spoiled, mentally fragil and unsportmanlike in their position... compared to others. T.O definitely needs his ego spoon fed on a daily basis.

Go Cowboys!!! :)
    Well T.O. is the greatest Wide Receiver, to ever put on a pair of pads thus he should have his ego stroked. Hell he's probably tired of seeing Brett Favre, get his stroked for mediocre play for all these years !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Well T.O. is the greatest Wide Receiver

ha ha... good one rocky. :)

I thought Jerry (Needs More Makeup) Jones would get rid of T.O before he got rid of Bill (The Tunafish) Parcells. Shows ya how much I kinow. :blush:
    Well their aren't to many other guys I'd want to throw to on 4th down and goal to win the Superbowl. ;)

The guy is lighting quick, can jump, and has height and size. His only weakness is he has a tendency to drop the easy catch. :(

I of course have to put Randy Moss, in his league. Randy, could arguably be the best of all time also. Randy, is a step quicker but isn't quite as strong as T.O. ;)
    Perhaps, Calvin Johnson will be better than them both ???? ;)

-Rocky
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    This year I would certainly rather be throwing to Randy Moss. This proves the theory about what whiney types you get a wide receiver.

Am looking forward to a Cowboys loss today but not really expecting it.

Go, Giants!
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    Well you got your wish !!!! Romo, choked even without Jessica, in the stands. :sick:

-Rocky
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    Not that it mattered. Both teams played horribly. Whoever managed to not lose that game would get demolished by the Packers next week anyway. :P
    I would disagree with you on this one. The Giants did what they had to do. Gave Romo the short passes and took away T.O. Giants defense was all over Tony all game long. I don't know what happened to the tough offensive line that usually protects him. The receivers dropped a lot of balls today, didn't complete their routes (Grayson) and the stupid penalties killed them. The Giants deserved to win. I had my doubts that they would win this game given the way they played the last four games of the season. They should have focused on one game at a time and not the SuperBowl until they had won all the playoff games etc. It's like Terrell said at the post game conference, the team lost the game don't blame it on the qb.

I don't see the Giants winning in Green Bay but you never know. I do think New England won't complete the perfect season. Either San Diego or the Pack in the bowl can upset them.
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    Some one forgot to tell T.O. - there's no crying in football.....

NIce combination of positive Giants moves and dumb Dalla penalties. It is tough to beat a team three times in a season.

I'll take my chances with Green Bay.

Unlike Mac, I do expect the Pats to run the table, but would love to se the Gmen be the ones to stop it.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    I still think Dallas, was the only team that would have a chance at beating the Pats.
    Now that they are eliminated we might as well give Brady, another superbowl ring and a record breaking year. I agree with Jimmy Johnson and Bradshaw, on one thing and that Tom Brady, is the best QB to ever play !!! I agree the Pack, especially if it snows on the frozen tundra are superbowl bound !!! ;)

-Rocky
    What a great Sunday. San Diego played an incredible game especially after losing L.T. and Rivers later in the game. They could pull an upset if the stars are aligned correctly.

Dallas and Giants game? That sucked, in my opinion. Giants D played well, but overall.... I think the Giants are going to get destroyed by Green Bay.

Good football overall though.

-moo
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hm, I wasn't so thrilled with the Chargers victory, mostly because I just don't think having them in the Superbowl will enhance the competition. Sad to say, but they just don't have any "star power" players that many of us tune in to watch. As much fun as it can be to see the non-glam, underdog teams win, I would've been more interested in a Manning match-up than, um... who?

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Kirstie.....

LT? Antonio Gates?

I'd say that's some star power right there. Those two are arguably the best TE and RB in the game right now.

If they play as well as they did yesterday, without some of their star power, then we've got an awesome game on our hands against NE.

One game at a time!

-moo
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    Dallas was the only team that had a good chance to beat the Patriots... until they locked up the playoffs and decided to phone in the rest of their season.

San Diego only plays phenomenal games against the Colts, and Giants aren't consistently good enough to win at Lambeau in January, so I think it's going to be a really good Packers-Patriots Super Bowl, with the Pack falling just a bit short of the upset.
    See, what you say is probably true. But it enrages me to hear it. Or to see it in type. Or to think that maybe, just maybe we could have an upset...

My heart tells me that I really want to see San Diego win everything. I want to see them play the most phenomenal football the world has seen for 2 more games. I want to see Green Bay meet them in the Super Bowl and put on a barnburner.

What I don't want to see is New England roll over whoever they end up playing.

I want to bet on the game.....and I want to choose SD for everything, but you can't bet with your heart. Can you?

-moo
    The Giants looked to want it more and played fairly well I thought. The Cowboys were off in all key areas, played and executed poorly. The Giants controlled the offensive and defensive line of scrimmage through most of the game, were able to put pressure on Romo. I thought the Cowboys screwed up by not putting more pressure on Eli... especially at the end of the first half. No pressure AND open receivers equal touchdown in 48 seconds.

I don't know what the hell was going on in several of those fourth quarter drives by the Cowboys, but it looked like their receivers weren't completing their routes... that included T.O who couldn't take advantage of his 1:1 coverage. T.O beats his man, Romo underthrow. Romo makes a good pass and Dallas recievers give up on their route.

In an earlier post I wrote Romo had to be smarter with the ball. Well, he wasn't. There were 3 times in the last quarter he rolled out of the pocket under pressure, instead of getting rid of the ball he tries to make a play and gets sacked for big losses. Then later, while in the pocket and under very little pressure, he throws the ball away resulting in an intentioal grounding penalty. Get smarter bonehead... quit thinking of Jessica Simpson's beautiful, sexy, hot body.... and think about...err.... uhh... football!

Despite all of the above, the Cowbodys had a chance to steal a victory on their final two possesions when the Giants went conservative. Bad coaching decision when not using that time out when Romo made that shovel pass completion for big yardage. That cost them 8-10 seconds they could have used for two more plays. Getting caught inbounds on a sideline patten another bonehead move. Cowboys missed a golden opportunity, if they had won this game I think they would have handled the Packers fairly easily.

I'll be pulling for the Packers next week. Hope the Patsies get upset.
    Jipster, they lost this game back in November after they beat the Packers and got homefield advantage and number one seed. They overlooked the last 4 games of the season then looked past the playoffs to the Super Bowl. Unlike Jimmy Johnson who called Bill Parcells for advice going into the playoffs and Bill told Jimmy to take one game at a time. He said "The next game is the most important game of your life." or words to that effect. The players focused on the next game not the following or future games. I think some heads are going to roll in the coaching staff. Garrett didn't look like his usual self, maybe thinking about the head coaching job in Baltimore. Wade Phillips is just a puppet for JJones. I have never been impressed by his style. A little bit to loose and not enought discipline.
    The receiving corp should go back to school. I can't believe how many easy catches they dropped and didn't run their routes completely.
    The offensive line was pathetic in the second half, no wonder Romo was pissed after the same guy kept getting through and rushing him.
    In the end it came to who executed best and the Giants took the game. They were a better team in this game and deserved to win.
    I keep telling Mack Jr.: "It's only a game, it's only a game." "Next season we'll be ok." ;)
    That game was not all Romo's fault. If the O-Line, would of blocked and quit causing false starts then Romo would have more than 1 second to throw it and not have to go 20 yards to get a first down. :sick:

-Rocky
    Remember in the 4th quarter when the announcer circled a player? Dallas was on offense and he circled one of the giant's defense.... that guy immediately busted through the line and sacked Romo. Ugh.

Jipster commented on receivers not completing their routes on Dallas. I saw that too. Just ugliness. The Giants certainly seemed to want it more though.

I'm pulling for a San Diego upset.

-moo
    One would think that with 2 weeks to prepare the Cowboys would have been a lot sharper. But, as mac pointed out, their play the past month since clinching has steadily declined. May have been a case of the "BIG HEAD" syndrome. Dallas and the rest of the world sure love their Cowboys. They probably started believing everything they read about how great they were.

And as Rocky noted, it wasn't all Romo's fault. This was a total team defeat. Offense, defense, special teams... coaching... they all kind of sucked. I thought Marion Barber ran the ball pretty well (missed a couple blocks though) considering he wasn't given much. I think he'll be a free agent, hope the Cowboys can sign him as I think he's a top notch running back.