Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar X-Type Rocker Panel

hudsonthedoghudsonthedog Member Posts: 552
edited March 2014 in Jaguar
Has anyone had any trouble with the plastic rocker panels on their Jaguar X-Type?

Comments

• oldcemoldcem Member Posts: 309
    I'm on my second X-Type. Never had any troubles with the rocker panels on either car. What kind of problem are you having?

Regards:
    OldCEM
  • hudsonthedoghudsonthedog Member Posts: 552
    The rear clip holding the driver's side rocker panel broke. The dealer told me that this happens all the time and yet I've never noticed another X-Type showing signs of this problem.
    I've been reading and posting on a bunch of the Jag forums since I bought my first X in 03. Have never heard of this problem before. Is your dealer going to fix it for you under warranty??

Regards:
    OldCEM
    No. He claims that it was damaged but he can't show me the actual damage. This one piece of body work will cost $540 if I get them to replace it. I have other options, though.
    You might call Jag's toll free number and raise a little hell. Maybe JagNA will put some heat on your dealer.

Regards:
    OldCEM
    I did that a while back. This was my first trip to the dealer AFTER that call.

It turns out that the piece was damaged by another shop when some work was done on the front fender. Their work is "guaranteed for life" so they're going to fix it.

But it bothered me when the Jaguar dealer initially told me that "this happens all the time" but left it up to me to fix it. It especially bothered me since I've never seen another car with this piece loose.
    I know what you mean. The driver's seat in my first X wore badly in under 12K miles. My local dealer tried to tell me it was "normal" wear. I went off on them, and, called and emailed JagNA with my complaint. I then called a dealer about 170 miles away who agreed to replace it for me under warranty. Then the local dealer called me and sheepishly told me they would replace the seat for me under warranty after all. Life would be so much easier if these service managers would just quit lying to owners, and, take care of problems without a big hassle.
    Amen.
  • msacksmsacks Member Posts: 5
    Yes,
    It can come loose easily. There are mounts that any auto-body shop can fasten properly. If you try taking it to the dealer they may try and claim normal wear and tear.
This discussion has been closed.