Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Engine Rattle

Comments

• j3flyerj3flyer Member Posts: 15
    There is a fix, and our Altima 2.5 (2007) is proof. After returning to the dealer several times, the most recent in mid-Fedruary, the rattle has not returned. Prior visits resulted in tightening the heat shield bolts and replacement of the heat shields. Finally after the service department contacted Nissan about this recurring problem, they actually sent a "special" tool (....so I was told...) that was used to tighten the heat shield bolts. All I can say is that it must have worked, I have not heard the noise since the last visit to the dealer.

If your dealership service department is accommodating, have them call their counterparts at Nissan of Omaha to get the full lowdown. There is a fix. Good luck!
  • wegco2wegco2 Member Posts: 1
    I've had my 07 Altima 2.5 SL since October and it has 8500 miles. I would describe the engine noise as more a knock than a rattle. I can hear the knock until the heat gauge is in the normal position. Had it to the dealer twice and they also hear the noise. The first time they flashed the firmware that did something to the timing on startup, they thought they fixed it, but it was the same. The second time the service manager and I took it for a ride when it was cold, and he said he could here it. We then took a new 2.5 off the lot and took it for a ride and we could also hear it, although I think mine is louder. He then told me that is was likely piston slap and is common because of the tolerances in modern engines.......Whatever! I've call Nissan and they are going to get a service rep to work with my dealer to diagnose the problem. Sounds like more rental cars and frustration to me. But, (trying to be optimistic) I'll play along till I get feed up and trade for a new Toyota.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Piston slap?!?!

Wonder where he got that from...believe me, if the pistons are slapping something, you are going to have a lot more of a problem than audible knock or rattle.

If I were you, I would have them look at the fuel injection unit. I had that problem a few years back in a Chrysler. Often, but not every time, it would make a rattling noise until the engine reached operating temperature, especially under moderate to heavy acceleration. They replaced the injection pump, and the noise went away.

Just a suggestion...
  • 2007altima2007altima Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same problem with my Altima as you are. The dealer claims that the sound is normal, but is it unacceptable and is probably the sound of engine parts being damaged. Nissan needs to own up to this issue and issue a recall. Contact me if you wish.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I have an 08 2.5SL Altima, and I have heard nothing as you and pat describe.

The definition of piston slap...

The condition caused by too much clearance between the piston and the cylinder walls . The piston rattles or slaps against the wall of the cylinder. It makes a hollow, muffled, bell-like sound. Is this what it sounds like to you?

On modern engines, this should not be an issue as engine tolerences are much tighter. That is why we can run 5W-30 oils instead of the heavier oils run 30+years ago without adding oil every 500 miles.

I would be very suspicious if this was an explanation given to me. In any case, save all your service receipts, as you may need them later.
  • annie07annie07 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, all i can tell you is after 8 repair attempts and my car in the shop over 40 days i filed a complaint with the better b.b. they denied me the lemon law cause it did not impair the use of my car. in other words it doesn't matter about the noise as long as it still runs... so i got rid of my altima yea!!!!!! i am now driving 2008 malibu and i love it just love love it i will never own another nissan after the way they have done us....... took a little loss but was worth it !!!!!!
    good luck everyone! i probaly want be back on here since i dont own a altima anymore!!!!!!! loving my malibu :shades:
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    Unfortunate that a loose heat shield (most liekly cause) couldn't be fixed. I haven't heard anything on our Altima.

The Malibu does look like a huge step forward for GM. The styling was a big negative for my wife and having only a 4 speed automatic on 4 cylinder is unacceptable to me. If it were my money, my second choise would be Accord or Sonata.
  • redsymphonyredsymphony Member Posts: 2
    I am having that issue where the car sounds like its diesel no matter how warm it is have you gotten an answer as to what it was i have taken it to nissan and other mechanics they all say it runs fine but that noise is there
  • warthog10warthog10 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found a solution for a loud rattle coming from the engine compartment of a "08 Altima 2.5L". It sounds like lack of oil to some engine components and is more pronounced when the engine is cold and under higher RPM's. The dealer says no bulletins have been issued on engine noise problems and advised me to continue driving it until it gets bad enough they can pinpoint the problem. I've had it back two times and they haven't found the problem. The next time I go back I would like to have some suggestions I can throw at them. If that doesn't work I'm taking the problem up Nissan's ladder.
    I posted a message here regarding the similiar problem with the 2007 Altima 2.5 S. After three visits to my Nissan dealer over a 8 month period, they finally agreed that something was wrong. Here is the stange part. Based on advise from the Nissan tech line, they replaced my engine (new), but up to this day, they remain elusive about what the problem was. I'm still concerned that my new engine will develop the the same noise problem.

I suggest that you keep pressing Nissan. The 2.5 S engine has problems...
    Well where should i start i had a 2008 altima and i now drive 2008 malibu and love it. my altima stayed in the shop more times than i can count.. mine sounded like a tractor when it was cold. it was the heat shield; we had four new ones put on did not stop the problem!!! they would not put another motor in for us. they could not fix the problem but kept giving us a run around. we filed a complaint with the better
    business bureau guess what they said------------- because the car was still drive able
    they would not do anything i had 3 mechanics look at mine and said it was internal in the engine!! got tired of missing work trying to deal with mine so i traded it off i have had my malibu 5 months and i have not had a problem. i wish you lots of luck
  • manipulator1manipulator1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem in my 2003 2.5L Altima. Of course mine in out of warranty so I have not brought it in to be looked at as of yet. I’ve been doing some research before I do that. I have read many posts on this and have a little automotive knowledge. First off I know without a doubt it is not the heat shields. Nissan must have idiots for mechanics because if you listen to the engine you can clearly tell that it’s the valve train and not a rattle from a loose shield. In some vehicles this can be the case but I have read post after post of people having these shields replaced and the sound is still there. What does Nissan do? They change them again and end up with the same result. My engine makes the sound only when the engine is cold and goes away when the engine is at normal temperature. In the summer, I hardly ever hear the noise after the engine has had a cold soak (sitting over night). Now in the winter when it’s cold out is when I hear this noise at its worse. Another interesting find is that the noise is only when the engine is under load. At idle it’s very quiet and you can even rev it up without hearing the clatter. A heat shield would rattle if it were lose regardless if the engine was idling or under load. The theory is that once the exhaust heats up the shield expands and becomes snugger eliminating the noise.

I have a 5spd and soon as you put it in gear and start to accelerate I can hear the noise and like I said, it sounds exactly like an engine with no lubrication to the camshaft and valve train. I changed my oil filter to a high grade filter thinking perhaps the oil filter bypass valve was not functioning and was starving the engine for oil at cold temps. This makes perfect sense. Oil filters have a oil bypass valve in them because when it’s cold out the oil is very thick and too thick to push through the filter medium. So when the engine is cold, the pressure from the oil not getting through the filter medium causes the bypass valve to open and allow oil to circulate throughout the engine. When the engine gets warm and the oil gets thinner, the pressure will drop and the bypass valve in the filter will close. Then the valve shuts and the oil is able to begin going through the filter medium. I also used thinner oil to help in cold weather and that and the filter change did not resolve the noise.

So this brings me back to the valve train. Nissans have what is called a “cam timing solenoid”. This is a valve that controls the cam shaft timing sprocket, it changes the oil pressure to the sprocket for cam timing, and if it loses pressure it will cause the sprocket to rattle. It seems to be a problem when the engine is cold. I have come to the conclusion that this has to be the problem.
  • donbasdonbas Member Posts: 1
    This is factory defect!
    EVERYBODY must fill complain at BBB.org
    I don’t know how many complains needed to issue recall.
    I hope we will get it soon!
  • zfro22zfro22 Member Posts: 1
    I was very happy to see this thread and find that I am not alone.

I purchased a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S on March 6th at 31 miles on the odometer. I have noticed a slight puttering noise when the car is idle. I am not sure if the noise is loud enough to be classified as a 'rattle,' but I do know that the engine does not sound clean. I know what a new engine is supposed to sound like and this one definitely sounds like it needs an oil change or something.

I have made an appointment with my local Nissan dealer, Corona Nissan, and I will be taking the car in tomorrow at 9am. I am very cautious and nervous about my purchase now and hope to update this site soon.

If anyone else is experiencing any engine problems with the brand new 2009 Altima's please respond. THanks
  • rayvalrayval Member Posts: 8
    I have the same problem with my 2009 Altima 2.5 which has 6,000 miles. The engine started making noise about a month after I bought it in October 2008. The car has been at the dealer for the same problem at least 6 times and it is still the same. The engine sounds like a diesel engine when it is cold and sounds the same after it has warmed up when it is under load and acceleration. The dealer has tried a different oil filter, checking the converter heat shield for vibration and even replacing some spacers, that were not the correct size on the rocker arms, however, that did not work. The noise is still there and getting worse!!.
    I really don't think that Nissan has a clue what is wrong with this engine. Fortunately, in Canada we have an arbitration program that can force the manufacturer to repair the vehicle or buy it back. I have owned Nissans for over twenty-five years, unfortunately, I think I got a lemon this time. I will give the dealer a chance to fix the car and if that doesn't work, I will go through arbitration. I just cannot drive around in a car that sounds like a diesel specially when it has a gas engine.
  • redsymphonyredsymphony Member Posts: 2
    Same thing happen to me found out I blew 2 cat converters not sure how but I replaced them both now its quiet not with Nissan cats because they are garbage did you service line come on
    No, the service engine didn't come on. It sounds like the noise is coming from the top of the engine, ie: lifters, camshaft, that is not getting proper lubrication. The noise is a knocking sound, like solid on solid. It is definitely not a normal engine sound.
    Judging from the postings in this forum and the fact that my 2007 Altima 2.5 is on engine number two and it still sounds the same, these are definitely not isolated cases.

My engine was replaced 6000 miles ago and the dreaded sound is back. I regret purchasing this car.
  • dtownmildtownmil Member Posts: 23
    Our 2.5L Altima definately has some rattles, but I am convinced they are heat sheilds. Based upon posts that say even dealers could not fix the rattles, I haven't even gotten under the car to see if I could do it. If it is just a loose heat sheild, there are lots of ways to fix it.

It seems those with newer models may have other issues by reading this post.
    Thanks for that!

I am going to ask the dealer to remove the heat shield completely and see what this does. Because of our strict laws on catalytic converters (ie: fire, etc..), the dealer may not be able/willing to remove the heat shield. If that is the case, I will crawl underneath the car and try to remove the heat shield without breaking it. Heat shields are a real nuisance , they rot and fall apart in no time and you have to pay a ton on money to replace them.. They are only there to prevent grass fires in the event that a person parks where there is dry grass, which I never do.

I'm expecting to bring the car in today (about the 7th time) for the rattle. I would be very surprised if the noise came from the heat shield it sounds more like a knocking that a rattle, but you never now.

I'll post as soon as I have anything new.
  • lmndbynissanlmndbynissan Member Posts: 4
    I think Nissan is going the way of bad car companies. They sell lemons and don't back them up. It takes years for bad quality and service to catch up with a car company. I imagine market share for Nissan will shrink as people with bad experiences discuss them.

My experience with Nissan is this....They explain these "noise" issues away over and over until it you give up or it is out of warranty.

Then they tell you its the pre-catalytic converter, your engine will soon be toast and it's not worth fixing. Depending on how soon you catch it, a non Nissan Mechanic can fix it for a few grand, and you can expect it to last as long as the pre-catalytic converter does.....which is apparently a random thing.

It is really sad too, we've had 6 different cars over the yrs...4 Fords, a Chevy, a Buick, and another Nissan. The Altima cost us more money in repairs than the other 7 cars combined!! The Ford I traded in for the Altima was 12yrs old. My Altima lasted me 5yrs. My 17yr old Ford is probably still the better car.

That's just my experience...but I'm not alone. Nissan will not back up their cars. They are a bit like the American car companies back in the 70's.
  • wstormwstorm Member Posts: 1
    i am a new owner of a 2009 SL altima .i have owned it for one month yesterday. on the 4th day of owning it i had to take it back to the dealer because driving at any speed higher than 60 miles the front end somewhat shakes. the dealership had to balance the wheels and do a front wheel aliment. WOW i still am having this problem is any one else have this shimmy problem at any spreed
  • jchd1340jchd1340 Member Posts: 13
    just picked up a used 07 2.5 altima with 29000 sounds like diesel on start up for 1 sec. dealer says its heat shield adjusted but noise is still there what do i do now need help
    update= car back from dealer. says noise (like a bag of rocks ) is normal oil drains down starts like a diesel i feel this is slowly damaging the engine it is not the heat shields!! we all should contact nissan corp. BBB and attorney general. and complain. strength in numbers!!!
    A while ago, I posted about my tractor, sorry! I meant my 09 Altima 2.5L that sounds like a diesel and getting worse. After a lot of ranting and raving, I finally got Nissan Canada to acknowledge that there is in fact a problem with the engine. It appears that there is a noise with the #3 cylinder, similar to a slapping noise. Nissan is deciding whether they will replace the engine or buy back the car. I was told by the Service manager at my local dealership that Nissan would not issue a recall until they get enough complaints and that replacing the engine would not guarantee anything as the noise could come back. If you have a similar noise, it is not a loose heat shield or anything else, it is definitely coming from the engine. I have given Nissan Canada until Friday June 5th to decide what they are going to do to rectify this problem, otherwise I am filing my claim with CAMVAP (Canadian Motor Arbitration Program) and I am going to ask for a buy back. If you have this problem, I would suggest you look at www.camvap.ca as they might be able to help you.
    I will post further once there are new developments.
    thank you rayval but who would i contact in the U.S. ?
    by the way. good luck!!!
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Member Posts: 210
    This really funny. I am taking my 2009 Mazda 6 with a 2.5L engine for a checkup this Thursday for exactly the same sounds you describe. A knocking sound at idle similar to a piston slap, and tapping sound on light acceleration. I noticed this sound started happening immediately after my first oil change. Could Canadian dealers be using the incorrect oil grade? I tried switching fuel grades but it did not make a difference.
    how did you make out?
    Well, Nissan Canada finally admitted that the engine was faulty and replaced with a brand new engine. So far so good! but I only have about 500 mlies on the new engine. I am keeping my ears wide open for that dreaded rattle which is not there yet. I will keep posting.
  • b777girlb777girl Member Posts: 7
    My 2007 has had the same issue with the rattling noise at startup for almost the entire time I've owned it (May 07). I have had the heat shields replaced and the noise is still there. It's most definitely an engine problem, which is quite scary when you think about how much money this could potentially cost. I've taken it to two dealerships in the St. Louis area and neither one appears to actually know what the issue is.

In addition, my passenger airbag deactivates all the time, even when my dad, who is well over 200 lbs sits in that seat. ANOTHER annoying (and potentially dangerous) thing this car does that dealerships either don't know how to fix or don't want to fix because NISSAN will not reimburse their costs.

VERY disappointing.
    my 2.5 altima has been to 2 dealers 5 times in 6 weeks. i have had enough. they both say the noise is normal. i have filed a complaint with the BBB and suggest anybody who has this problem do the same. how can a car that sounds like its starving for oil at cold start up last?
    That's the way my engine was and after a battle with Nissan they finally replaced the engine. I am not sure that will eliminate the problem, apparently the 2.5 litre engine casting is bad and that is affecting other manufacturers who use this casting ie: MAZDA. My engine only has approximately 1,500 miles, and I am waiting until the weather gets colder to see if the dreaded noise comes back. If it does, another battle will start, this time I will be going for a buy back. I can assure you this will be my last Nissan.
  • rondholrondhol Member Posts: 32
    I have 03 Altima that has that noise since 40k miles ago. The tapping noise comes from the "valve lifter" in qr25de that expand before the engine is warm. I only hear it during the winter (less than 50 F) and disappear after few minutes. This type of valve lifters"solid lifter" don't need adjustment in the entire life of the engine (Prius also use it). For instance, Honda need valve adjustment every 60k miles.

That's the characteristic of QR25DE engine with noisy valve lifter.
  • 200925s200925s Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone.. Bought a 2009 in july and guess what I am hearing! yep temps are now down to low 50-40 range and I drove the car the other day, Fiancee drives it most the time. I heard what sounded like lifter rattle.. I asked her if she heard it she said no. So I took it to work the other day cause it was going in for some weird circles that were in the glass in the windshield.I mean perfect circles like in the laminating process? anyone else seen this? anyway I could clearly hear the noise right around the 2000 mark when under very light throttle and load! Yes it does finally sound like it goes away when warmed up ,but I know this is no good for long term!.. So I told them to listen to it, and this is all i get yes the mechanic heard it and thats normal for these engines in cold weather! I was like wtf?.. Brand new engine with 8000 miles and the tight tolerances these new cars have and its normal!. not!.. I then told her my Mom's 2007 avalanche doesn't do it with 40,000 miles! she's like I doubt that I worked for a Gm Dealer for 20 years and they all ticked when cold. I was like well her's doesn't and this car does! Kinda got mad with her. I told her well whatever i know cars work on them, race them etc its not normal and i want this documented.. she was like it is on the service record.I said well it better be cause I know this isn't the end of this problem.
  • gino45gino45 Member Posts: 52
    Just bought a 2009 SL and noticed the same thing when starting the car on cold mornings. It sounds like a diesel engine under slight acceleration. Should I be concerned about this? I decided to buy an Altima instead of a Ford Fusion, I just hope I didn't make the wrong decision.
  • cpospishcpospish Member Posts: 2
    add me to this list of 2.5L owners with noisy lifters. only 17,000 km on new car. did not notice it until a few weeks ago when temp went down to 10 deg Celsius. in niagara region of canada. any fix for this or do we live with this until nice weather returns? i wonder if using 5w-30 oil would help much?
    Hi,
    To answer your question, there is no fix for this problem, it has to do with a bad engine casting. I bought an 09 Altima in October 2009 and when it reached 4,000kms it started making a knocking noise on cold mornings. The noise got to be so bad during the winter that the car sounded like it had a diesel engine. I tried changing the oil to synthetic, adding additives, having the heat shield checked and just about anything you can think of without success. I started a long battle with Nissan Canada and finally got them to replace the engine at 15,000kms. Needless to say that "I was happier than a pig in ????", I'm sure you know what I mean. Well, my joy did not last very long, after 4,000kms on the new engine the noise returned ( @ 10C temperature). I was not prepared to go through a second battle so I traded ( at some loss, of course) the Altima for a Maxima. I am now back to being a happy pig with $10,000 less in my pocket. You are lucky, being in Canada, as you have some remedy. I suggest you check out the following link :http://camvap.ca/ , or you can always choose to live with a diesel sounding Altima. If you decide to keep the car you may want to invest in an oil pan warmer, it is a pad that sticks to the bottom of the oil pan to heat the engine oil and reduce the noise. Good Luck! Ray
    I joined this discussion in the hopes of providing valuable information on the problem that I experienced with my Nissan Altima, not to be judged on decisions that I have made to resolve the problem. Although I still have information that could be of use to other owners of Nissan Altima, I will no longer be posting to this site. Good Luck everyone.
    Rayval
  • rondholrondhol Member Posts: 32
    yeah, vq35de doesn't have that dieseling noise. Nissan needs to revise valve lifter design that shrunk after few thousand miles. QR25DE owners have to live with this diesel noise especially during the winter. Nothing we can do except wasting more money and time.
  • cpospishcpospish Member Posts: 2
    My skin has gotten thicker due to the cold weather in Canada, not thinner. The oil pan warmer sounds like a reasonable work around...I guess...thanks for the suggestion. Lighten up though....it makes life a heck of a lot easier.
  • seatown1seatown1 Member Posts: 3
    Ronhol, we're approaching end of warranty, do you know if this issue has long term ramifications for the QR25DE(I'm assuming thats the engine model)?

Our service center is refusing to do anything about this. This is our 4th Nissan we have purchased, and this will be the absolute last if they refuse to do something about what appears to be a very serious problem.

I'm worried that our car is just a couple of years away from its engine failing.

I have always been the type to let things go, but I am UTTERLY disappointed in the response from our dealer along with what seems to be the company line from Nissan itself in this situation, it almost seems like cause for a class action if they refuse to address it in a recall of some sort.
  • bsnelgrovebsnelgrove Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 Altima and agree with you the engine sounds very much like a diesel and too have been told this is normal. There is just no way this can be normal. On top of this I have had the AC compressor replaced, one front strut, and have just had the transmission replace. Have called Nissan Corp and this was a waste of time.

My car has been to the dealership 4 times now to have what sounds like a tire rubbing in front end fixed and they still cannot find the problem.

I will never buy another Nissan.
  • g35guy4g35guy4 Member Posts: 1
    I had a 2005 G35 Coupe and noticed the same thing as all you guys!!!! Some subtle, engine noise/rattle at low rpm, low load around 2000 rpm under acceleration and thought it was engine pinging or knock. Then I started having the issue at start up either when it was cold or mostly if the car had sat for a few days without running. Took to the dealer and of course they played dumb and didn't hear anything. Talked to a buddy of mine who knows motors really well...he knew right away it was a lifter issue when we talked about the start up rattling. Our theory was that the oil wasn't making it up into the lifters or had all drained down till they were dry after a few days so that caused all the noise. Here's what worked pretty good to at least solve the start up issue: If I hadn't started it in a few days I would use a process to pump up the lifters with oil before I actually started it up. Like at the oil change places where they can turn the motor over without starting....
    Usually the vehicles have a mechanism that will not allow them to start if the throttle is put all the way to the floor upon start up....So I would mat the throttle and turn it over a couple times without starting it up. Then when I actually did start it up there was no rattle because the lifters have oil in them. Try that. I'm in California so not sure about how it would work with really cold oil in low temperatures....that makes the oil thicker and even harder to pump up the lifters...

Good luck.
  • filmtheoryfilmtheory Member Posts: 2
    My transmission has been doing odd things - revving at higher RPMs, and it drives kinda jerky around 35 mph. Not impressive for a new car. Dealership people said this is how Nissan designed their CVT transmissions - it's a design flaw, if you ask me. Kinda sucks. Don't know if I'll keep this car for more than a year. Buyer beware.
  • motonationmotonation Member Posts: 34
    This is in response to your post above, and your post in the other thread "Prices paid & buying experience".

First of all, the engine revving...that IS how the CVT is designed. Especially when pushed hard, a CVT in no way behaves like a "regular" automatic transmission. Yes, it revs, and yes, its normal. Most people who don't understand the technical side of CVT operation think its "slipping" and experiencing abnormal operation. Not true. It isn't. Not only does it rev in a unique fashion, Nissan has also programmed it to provide a small amount of engine braking when you take your foot off the gas - much more engine braking than any normal automatic transmission I've driven.

Also, the jerky operation? Maybe, I obviously haven't driven your car, so I can't say. Mine is smooth, and compared to the 4-spd regular automatic in my other car, this transmission is silky smooth. I don't consider the 900RPM drop-off between shifts "smooth" as the engine in my other car "lugs" itself back up into the stronger part of its torque curve via its automatic transmission.

Nevertheless, I think this is a great application for a CVT - a plain vanilla family sedan. Put a CVT in a sports car, and I'd scream bloody murder.

Go enjoy your Altima, and remember - the CVT is now warranted for 10yrs or 120k miles. :)
  • vanessajmvanessajm Member Posts: 1
    My transmission was burning up 1 gear at a time when I started realizing the car was jerking! Definatly a flaw that you need to catch before all your gears are burnt up and you have to have your transmission rebuilt!! :( Sorry good luck!
  • deetailerdeetailer Member Posts: 3
    For everyones information I thought I would let you know what I know. I just bought a 08 altima in jan. it has about 58k. about 2 weeks after we bought it it started making that lifter noise during low speed acceleration. I took the car into the dealer who could not figure it out so they had me bring it back March 16th so a factory rep could look at it and 2 other cars that were making the same noise. The factory guy said it was fuel injectors making the noise and that is was normal. I asked a mechanic if replacing the injectors would eliminate the problem he said no. That the injectors were "dry injector" as opposed wet. I do not know if that is correct or BS. I do know I am not happy about it. we are going to write some letters but from what I am seeing we are SOL.
  • utlax18utlax18 Member Posts: 4
    bsnelgrove....

Please let me know how it goes with your letter writing campaign. I have an 08 with 10K miles and notice the same thing when accelerating under 2000 rpms. Took it to 2 dealers her in Denver and 1 never opened the lifter covers to take a look..waste of everyones time. The second says it was "normal" and every car makes it's own noise. Like you..I Call BS and have 1 more dealer to take it to, but I am not holding my breath. Basically, the car sounds like a sewing machine inside when I accelerate. But, after 2000 rpm, car rides like a dream.

Good luck to all who have this problem!

Mike