Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima 2007+ Maintenance and Repair

mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
I've decided to create a new discussion since I've heard of a few problems relating to the '07+ models, notably:

Power Driver Seat Squirm - We bought my wife's Altima in July, and since August, the driver seat "squirms" slightly when taking a corner. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it shifts whether it's a left or right turn. The dealer (of course) hasn't found anything wrong with it, but other owners in other forums have suffered the same issue.

One thing discovered is that the seat will not squirm if it's at it's lowest setting, but anything above that will cause the squirm. The simple thing would be to keep the seat as low as possible, but my wife isn't comfortable in that position.

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

Comments

• bv050506bv050506 Member Posts: 97
    i'm not exactly sure what you mean by squirms, but mine moves forward when stopping and back when taking off. Feels like the teeth in the seat and base are caddywompass! Haven't had the dealer look at it yet, but as you suggested they won't end up finding anything.
  • craymond1976craymond1976 Member Posts: 2
    I have read on here that I am not the only one who has had similar problems with the electrical and battery. It started out as our trunk would randomly pop open on it's own. I was told that it was one of the key fobs running low on battery and that the car would do funny things like that when the battery is low. So we had BOTH key fob batteries replaced. Now our doors automatically lock by themselves and we have found on two occasions that the windows have rolled themselves down when the car wasn't even running. Our battery is drained in the morning and has to be recharged. Has anyone else had problems with the electrical going haywire and running the battery down?

CRaymond
  • jbonettijbonetti Member Posts: 2
    I've had the same issues. Trunk mysteriously popped open, Windows mysteriously down. I have noticed a couple times that the ignition was flashing, and of course the darn battery was dead. Nissan replaced the battery twice - but of course, that wasn't the problem. I went somewhere else, and was told the problem wasn't the battery, that there was something drawing off it. Is there a problem with the software, where it doesn't shut down completely, and draws off the battery? How do we get Nissan to fix this problem, without having to fork out more money? It is pretty pathetic to have paid so much money for a car, to always wonder if it will start. I currently own 2 Nissan Altimas, and the 2008 never has this issue. I previously owned a Nissan Sentra, and a Nissan 240SZ Fastback. I have never had a problem like this from Nissan before, and was totally thrilled with the company before now. This issue is seriously souring me on the company, and unless I get a positive resolution soon, I will take my business elsewhere.
  • craymond1976craymond1976 Member Posts: 2
    Well we since then discontinued use with one of our FOBS (took the battery out of it), which we suspected was bad, and haven't had any problems since. That seems to have worked for us.
  • rraglerragle Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought my 1998 Altima and it runs great except for one really perplexing problem. Shortly after starting it in my garage, backing down my slightly sloped driveway and then turning and pulling ahead the engine simply dies. It starts right up again and then seems to go fine.

So far it hasn't happened under any other conditions (which doesn't mean it wont)

Anybody experience anything even similar or have any ideas?
  • nidyanidya Member Posts: 1
    NHTSA Campaign Number 08V521000
    ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:" SOFTWARE
    Defect Description:

NISSAN IS RECALLING 204,361 MY 2007-2008 ALTIMA, ALTIMA HYBRID, 350Z, 350Z ROADSTER, MY 2008 ALTIMA COUPE, ROGUE, MY 2009 MURANO AND INFINITY MY 2007-2008 G35 SEDAN, MY 2008 G37 COUPE AND EX35 PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEMS (OCS)
    BEEN MANUFACTURED OUT OF SPECIFICATION. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, HIS COULD CAUSE AND INTERRUPTION OF SIGNAL BETWEEN THE OCS AND THE AIR BAG CONTROL UNIT (ACU)
    Consequence Description:
    THIS COULD RESULT IN THE PASSENGER AIR BAIG BEING SUPPRESSED WHICH COULD FAIL TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE PROTECTION IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH.
    Correction Action:
    DE4ALERS WILL TEST THE SIGNAL BETWEEN THE OCS AND ACU SYSTEMS USING A SPECIAL TOOL TO CHECK THAT IT IS FUNCTIONING AS DESIGNED. IF NECESSARY, THE SEAT CUSHION (CONTAINING OCS HARDWARE) WILL BE REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE MANUFACTURED TO SPECIFICATION. TE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 4, 2008 OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITY AT 1-800-662-6200

Hey its couple more recalls for this vehicle.
    AIR BAGS #08V521000
    ELECTRICAL SYSTEM #07V599000
    ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING #07v267000
    and the smart key started.
    The best thing also is to contact NISSAN.

Good Luck
  • willb78willb78 Member Posts: 1
    I drove my car from work yesterday, parked it as usual. Went out this afternoon to get into it, and the car wouldn't even open. I have a 2008 Altima. The battery isn't dead in the key fob and it works because I can hear the doors trying to open and when I press the panic button, the horn tries to sound. I don't know if my battery is dead or not. I never had any tell tell signs that would indicate my battery dying. What the heck happened to my car!!!
  • jbonettijbonetti Member Posts: 2
    I finally got a call from a Nissan rep, who was very rude. She wanted to know why I had complained to Nissan again. Very simple - after she called and left a message, I called three days in a row, with no response. I am now writing to members of Congress, to see if we can light a fire up Nissan's _SS. There is obviously a problem with the Intellikey system. Maybe they need to reflash the software. I don't know, but coming out to find windows down, or the trunk popped, and the battery dead is unsafe and ridiculous.
  • rocketman101rocketman101 Member Posts: 2
    Yes I have had the same problems with my seat. Also my radio looks like it has water in it. The seats are uncomfortable,I hate them no support. The service sucks, I was thinking about getting a Titan,but now I have decided hell no!