Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

A8L comparisons

uncle840uncle840 Posts: 2
I'm replacing my BMW 740IL which I consider to be the finest driving car I've ever owned. It's long in the tooth now and time for something else. If they made an AWD 7-series sedan I'd buy it in a heart-beat but they don't, so I'm considering an AUDI A8-L (I can't see 90 to 100k for a MB S550 AWD.

My questions are basic: (1) how does the highway-ride quality compare (Audi/BMW)?
(2) Is the '06 a "better" car than the '05? I prefer the newer styling -or- is a used '07 a better choice. (3) last question...for my wife....the front passenger cup holders look inadequate as well as a lack of place near the gear shift to put "stuff" like cell phones, etc.
Any comments and other suggestions for what to look for in a used A8L will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sticker MRSP was $90,155, got the care for $78,000, brand new, good deal or not?