Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• flwonderflwonder Member Posts: 33
    I agree that they are not getting out there. I live in
    Palm Beach Cpimty & no one has more traffic than us.
    I have not seen an 07 Santa on the road/
  • gxmgxm Member Posts: 3
    Well, thanks for all the suggestion.

I took my santa fe to the dealer's service department today. I told the manager that I found a couple of nuts under the fender are not tightened. I said that in my opinion, any nuts installed should be checked with torque meter in factory. The manager agreed. They lifted it and checked the nuts that I mentioned. What they found out is that the "nuts" are plastic and do not have anty thread on them. They are pushed onto bolts, and can be turned off the bolts or turned to tighten up, but they can not be pulle doff the bolts. So, the service manager belives that it is designed that way and it is new for them as well, because 2007 Santa Fe is so new.

After this, I am happy again with my new santa fe.
  • lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    It's true, there are hardly any out there. My sister lives in Northern Virginia, so I checked dealerships online and they hardly have any. Hopefully in the months to come there will be plenty. It seems to me there are more GLS and SE than Limited.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    They are starting to come in pretty good now. Within the next month or so there will be a good selection.
  • nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    What made you to check the lug nuts??
  • nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    Ops sorry missed read the thread, thought you were talking about the wheel nuts..dahhhh
  • jabbottjabbott Member Posts: 14
    I, for one, am getting tired of reviewers reverting to cliches when talking bout the new Santa Fe. When the only bad thing they can talk about is the handle on the tailgate, I have to wonder if they really ever saw the Santa Fe or are just aping other reviewers. Actually, I rather like that handle. It sure beats the fingernail breaker on other SUVs. If the other four doors seem to call for handles, why not the tailgate. No reviewer should be allowed to knock the handle unless he/she has actually used it to open and close a tailgate. My 2007 is just fine, thank you.
  • jcspohrjcspohr Member Posts: 97
    Ditto jabbott's comments.

I have to admit that I disliked the handle on the 1st gen Santa Fe's. But now that I own an 07, I have to say that I love the handle now. It is way more useful than the hatch handle on on last 2 mini-van's

When I saw the 07 had the handle, I thought - "Why did Hyundai put the same handle on there when they could update it to something like our mini-van."

As you may have figured out - I am glad they kept the handle.

Long live the Hyundai Santa Fe hatch handle! :D

JCS
  • simonsez5simonsez5 Member Posts: 21
    As anyone seen or test drove a 5 speed 07 Santa Fe? I know I'm in the minority but I still love rowing my own gears and I was glad to hear that Hyundai decided to make it available unlike Toyota with the Rav4. I'm also now hearing that Honda will not make a manual for their new CR-V same as Mitsubishi with the new Outlander. It has become a rare and dying breed indeed.

Since I have never owned or even driven a Hyundai, I'm curious to see how well the manual tranny shifts. If anyone drove one or even had the 01-06 MY Santa Fe with the 5 speed (4 cyl. only I think?) I'd love to hear some feed back.

Thanks.
  • benben2006benben2006 Member Posts: 4
    From the manual, for 3.3L Eng, it said every 12 months or 12000km. Any comments?
  • greenhkgreenhk Member Posts: 48
    First, let me start by saying I love the redesigned Santa Fe! Did not test drive, but sat in the 2007 Limited Santa Fe (leather seats) – I thought they were really hard & uncomfortable. Other than that I love this vehicle! My dad has an 02 Santa Fe & on a recent hour-long trip in the back seat, my back was killing me when I got out of the car. Does anyone else feel this way about the seats? Opinions/thoughts?
    We bought an 07 Limited a couple weeks ago.

The Leather feels pretty good to me. I like a firm seat myself. What I have discovered, and many others have as well, is that soft seat cushions tend to feel good initially but the longer the trip, the less pleasant they feel. Firm seating tends to be preferred by most.

All that said, I did mess with the seat adjustments to find the correct driving position. I also crank the lumbar support out about 50%.

JCS
  • guyfrguyfr Member Posts: 55
    It's the same interval Volvo has used for years. I never had any problem with the engine on any of my Volvo's.
  • guyfrguyfr Member Posts: 55
    I had an 01 Santa Fe with the leather seats. Of all the cars I have owned, and I've owned a lot, the front seats were the second best I have experienced, just after Volvo seats. The back seat on the Santa Fe was not great however.
  • carrie4carrie4 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter needs the power driver seat with the lumbar support (she is handicapped). The GLS meets all of her needs except the power seat. To get the power seat reuires puchase of the SE with an option package. Total cost is $2500 more than the standard GLS.
    Is it possible to buy the GLS and then retro-fit a Hyundai power seat using an outside vendor?
    I am hoping to save a few $$$ and get the GLS with a smaller engine (better gas mileage).
    carrie4,

I think you would end up paying nearly the same if you bought a GLS and then retro-fitted a power seat to it.

Consider this - use the strategy I used to buy my 07 Limited just 2 weeks ago. It worked for me and was nearly painless. If you already own a Hyundai you can get $500 off via owner loyalty. There are no other incentives now thru 8/31.

1. Contact several dealers via the internet.

2. conduct all negotiations via email and let them know you are buying a vehicle from someone and it's up to them whom

3. offer the dealer $400 over invoice and no fees other than the factory destination fee.

4. get your financing pre-approved and let them know you are.

5. when you get the deal you want then appear at the dealer, take it for a test drive.

6. Be firm with your offer and head for the door if they try to pull any tricks. They don't want you to leave and this gives you leverage.

Or - if you are a Sam's Club or Costco member use their Auto Program to get a similar deal with no hassles. If you aren't a member - it it may worth spending the $40 - $50 membership fee to save many hundreds.

Good luck,

JCS
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    "Long live the Hyundai Santa Fe hatch handle!"

LOL...yeah, the tailgate handle, among other features, makes the Santa Fe interestingly unique. As mentioned, I am glad Hyundai retained many unique features on the new Santa Fe.
  • jpanozzo1jpanozzo1 Member Posts: 50
    Is it possible to buy the GLS and then retro-fit a Hyundai power seat using an outside vendor?

I sold Toyotas for a couple years and I made several "adjustments", such as special leather seats and moonroofs, for good customers through an outside shop. I did this to build good referrals and get the customer a special price without using the dealer's markup. However, as JCS noted you could end up spending almost as much as the option.

The place I used had about a dozen technicians and they could do just about anything. Visit a few dealerships and tell them you are interested in a new vehicle but you have a special need (don't get into details) for a dandicapped daughter. Ask them who they use for special aftermarket applications. You might be surprised that several use the same outfit. Visit the place you have chosen and get a price. Good luck :)

Joe in Texarkana
    carrie4,

I just found this on the main Hyundai website.

They have a special program to assist with special needs. Go here:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/mobility_program.aspx

JCS
  • 56bartman56bartman Member Posts: 8
    I'm considering this vehicle but the tow capacity is not listed on the hyundai web site. Does anyone know how this car will do towing a small boat. Also, does it have 4lo for use on ramps?

Thanks
  • lleonard57lleonard57 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know of a dealer with a Santa Fe with the third row seat? I heard that they are being shipped. I am in Metairie, LA and none of the local dealers that I called had one in.

Has anyone heard any updates?
  • jimsistjimsist Member Posts: 62
    does anybody know weather the 05 to 07 santa fe will take flex fuel.like f85which is 10%gas and 90% corn mix. :confuse:
  • jabbottjabbott Member Posts: 14
    My 2007 Santa Fe has the lighted cup holders. You cannot notice it unless it is dark. It really works. It's nice.
  • lindawwlindaww Member Posts: 7
    As I mentioned in a previous post (8/4/06), one of the dealerships in the Houston area is showing 2007 Santa Fe's with the 3rd row seat option in its website's inventory. When I spoke to them about it, they said they were being shipped and should arrive within 10 days -- please note that was 12 days ago -- and they told me today, they have not received them yet :( :confuse: I have no idea how long the shipping process takes, but Houston isn't that far from Alabama ;) I just keep telling myself this is a great opportunity to practice patience :D

Linda
  • grutzagrutza Member Posts: 52
    I saw one at a dealership in Milwaukee when I there visiting the family. I wasn't interested in one with a third row so I didn't take a closer look but they are out there.
  • guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    I saw one at the local dealer. The third row is so far back, it does not make sense. When you open the rear hatch, the 3rd row, upper outside corner of the seat back is actually outside the car...

Just try to imagine what will happen to the 3rd row occupants if you get rear ended.

The 5 seater is fine.
  • jeep1999jeep1999 Member Posts: 6
    I've been doing some research on the new Santa Fe and an '06 Kia Sorrento. They both have the 10 year warranty. I like the new Santa Fe's design. I rented a Sorrento for two weeks and it drove very good. It was very quiet and had enough power when you needed it. Does anyone have an opinion out there as to which of the two would be better overall? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
  • subarufan1subarufan1 Member Posts: 85
    i have no experence with the kia but i suggest you do a direct comparison with the numbers and see which suv meets your criteria better. http://www.edmunds.com/apps/nvc/edmunds/VehicleComparison

The 2007 santa fe is all new and you will be paying top notch price at the moment so I think you would score a better deal with a sorrento. Having said that I personally would take the new santa fe because i checked it out and its my favorite suv in the segment (style, substance, performance,100,000k power train ect)
  • coolwheelscoolwheels Member Posts: 2
    I am ready to purchase an 07 Santa Fe SE :)
    I am struggling with the choice of color. :confuse:

I definitely will go with the grey interior. The exterior colors have been narrowed to: Platinum Sage ( the color has grown on me alot), Deepwater Blue ( it is close to black and not alot of contrast on the window trim and lower panel, the metallic blue only really shows in bright light and then looks cool), Slate Blue - I saw one at the dealer but it sold the next day and I want another look at it, and finally the Steel Grey looks like it might be interesting.

Anyone have any colors of real vehicles? The color swatch chart at Hyundai USA http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/santafe/exterior/color.aspx is not accurate and does not work at all on the Build your vehicle pages.

Someone posted to this list with a link to JPG's for a Slate Blue Santa Fe but the links did not work nor did the subsequent posting to another site. If someone has this jpg or a working link please post it or email directly to me.

I appreciate all of the postings to this site. it helped me make a decision. In my search for a new vehicle I have test driven the following: Pontiac Vibe, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, and a Tuscon.

I like the value, feel, and features of the new Santa Fe. I will post more about my buying experience and what I have learned in my search for a new vehicle, which is alot, soon.

best regards and thanks to all,
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Computer monitors vary so much it may still be hard to judge. Brochure swatches are better but even printing can be off. Edmunds has little swatches of two of your four color choices on display:

2007 Santa Fe Photo Gallery
    I have the Platinum Sage w/Grey interior. The Deepwater Blue was way too dark (nearly black) for us. The red is fairly dark also. Our first choice was the Platinum Sage but the Slate Blue and Steel Grey also appealed to us more than any of the other colors.

As for posting jpg's. You really won't see the true color due to your PC's monitor not being color accurate.

The best thing to do is see it in person. We looked at the colors in daylight, early evening and after dark. The Platinum Sage takes on a whole new look after dark. Very appealing! We get lots, and I mean lots, of compliments.

Like you, it captured our interest and we kept coming back to it. Our biggest choice was a Platinum Sage SE w/ beige or Limited w/ grey. We got the limited. The grey was more appealing to us.

Happy hunting,

JCS
    I saw the Deepwater Blue and really liked it, but I shy away from dark colors as the vehicles are hotter and definitely a royal pain to keep clean. I think the other colors are more elegant for the new style.

Joe in Texarkana
  • posxmusicposxmusic Member Posts: 4
    like one was saying, dont know if the pic would do justice, but the one i own is called Silver Blue..it is choped full of metallic and looks good in the light and dark..anywho, the pic is in my profile photos.
    How do we get to the profile photos? I am leaning toward silver blue myself, but the silver and platinum sage are pretty, too. Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think Posxmusic means his CarSpace album - I see his Mustang as his lead profile photo there. :-)

Click on a member name to get to the profile, and then click on the CarSpace link there to see their CarSpace page. Albums are linked from there.

You can set up your own CarSpace page by logging in at CarSpace.com with your user name and password. One you're up, it's easy to upload photos there from your hard drive.
  • davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    I too like the Platinum Sage. I think the dark colors look sharp on the Santa Fe, but they do really show up the dirt. The mid-tones such as the Platinum Sage tend to hide the dirt. I've posted some pictures I took at our local dealership a week ago, which have the Platinum Sage and Slate Blue sitting side by side. As has been stated, your monitor may vary the color somewhat, but at least you can see how they compare. I've placed the pictures on my CarSpace album. Just click on my forum name, then click on "Visit my CarSpace site" in the upper left corner. Or otherwise, click here my CarSpace site

Has anyone seen the Golden Beige? That's another possibility for me, but I haven't seen that color yet.
  • new2dieselnew2diesel Member Posts: 148
    I have the slate blue and LOVE it! Once I saw this color in person I had to have it. The deepwater blue was good on the lot, but keeping it clean would make it a nightmare. The dealership did not have the slate blue in the model I wanted so they traded the deepwater blue for it and brought it up from another state for me. I am so glad I held out ffor this color! :)
    yes please try to post some pics too when y ou get your 07 santa fe! good luck with the buying experence :)
    For everyone: In your search for an SF, have you noticed there are fewer Limiteds? Is this the way it usually is? I want a FWD Limited Premium in one of the lighter colors, but they seem to be harder to find. At least in this area (southeast Iowa). If I do a search in Nor. VA, where my sister lives, there are a few more; but not that many. I'm still not sure what state we will be buying from. It's possible we are taking our car to our daughter in VA, and we may have to buy there.
    Saw the golden beige about a month ago and very nice...again on the SF it looks very nice along with the other nuetral colors. Its not brassy.

Joe in Texarakana
    hardly any limited santa fe's in california, none with ultimate package and none with AWD. I frankly do not think production is at full steam or perhaps they could be sending units to overseas first? When they start fully advertising the santa fe in fall than I think you will be seeing a lot more choices at the dealerships. :D
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    All SFs produced in Alab. are for NA.
  • aryanrobertsaryanroberts Member Posts: 1
    I never thought I would own a Hyundai. I have never owned an SUV, always had Saab's since I was 16. Loved them. Last year when I went looking for a new vehicle I found a good deal on a Audi A4 Quattro wagon. I loved it, however it was a manual transmisson and a bit small for my growing family. I bought it anyway, as I really enjoyed it.

We later in the year moved further into Upstate NY and we decided it was time to look for a bigger vehicle. We went and looked at some certifed pre-owned BMW X3's. While the ride was incredible, it wasn't much bigger then the Audi, and the dealer wouldn't give me a good price on my trade. Next up was the Volvo SUV. HORRIBLE. Might have been the shortest time spent with a vehicle. While a sharp looking vehicle, the ride and comfort were horrible.

Then one weekend recently, my wife and I drove by a Hyundai dealership and saw the 07 Santa Fe. It looked very nice, and we had always heard about the great warrenty. We stopped in and asked to take it for a test drive. My wife fell in love with it. I was skeptical, but when I drove it, I too was impressed. The dealer we were at didn't know much about the 07 Santa Fe and told us they didn't even know they were going to get one, it was just unloaded off a truck a day or two before. So the next weekend we went to another Hyundai dealership a bit further away. Test drove again, still loved it. Decided if they gave me the right price for my Audi, and we could agree on a sale price, we would get one.

They gave me the best trade offer that I recieved, and came in $500. below MSRP for the 2007 Santa Fe AWD Limited with the Ultimate & Touring package w/ 3rd row. I haggled another $500. off the sale price, and SOLD!

Now, I just have to wait and wait to get it. However, we are very excited about our purchase. Anyone have any clue how long it will be till these will be hitting dealerships?
    I bought some Genuine Hyundai mudguards for my 07 Santa Fe and they arrived yesterday. It took me 30 minutes to put them on the vehicle.

I am very impressed with the engineering of the vehicle and the accessories. Here's why:

I watched the video about the Hyundai plant in Alabama. On it, one gentlemen speaks about dimensional accuracy and stability.

Putting these mudguards on verified his statements.

Everything fit PERFECTLY! The mudguards are molded to fit around/on the existing trim pieces. There are no gaps or misalignment. No drilling. With the new mudguards came new longer screws and clips. Very well done. I am becoming more and more impressed with Hyundai every day.

BTW - we bought a used 2001 Elantra for our son 2 years ago. He's got over 105K miles on it and it looks and runs like new. The 2007 Santa Fe is our second Hyundai.

I am test driving a Sonata LX next week. There could be a third Hyundai in the garage soon. That would mean every vehicle we own is a Hyundai.

Regards,

JCS
    I can't wait to buy my Hyundai. My husband wants me to wait for model year end and I want to buy it at calendar year end. By the way, he said I did a good job picking out the Santa Fe ;) . He is definitely impressed. I'm glad he's impressed by the research I conducted. Thanks to all in this forum.
    if anyone has not seen it click to http://www.historychannel.com/ and than click the hyundai box

ITS A MUST SEE :)
  • coolwheelscoolwheels Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for supplying this link!
    I really enjoyed watching this video. :)

I was already sold on Hyundai and this video really adds to a sense of confidence. I will let me dealer know about this clip if they do not already know.

Thanks also for those who responded to my post on colors.

I will be purchasing my 07 Santa Fe SE in Platinum Sage tomorrow morning. :shades:

More to follow.
    Hi subarufan1:

I clicked on the link, but I got GMC, Chevrolet, Mastercard, The Revolutionary War, some Paramount movie and the Sonata. I couldn't find the Santa Fe :mad: . I think Hyundai might rotate the vehicles on the site.
  • acronisacronis Member Posts: 29
    subarufan1 thank you for providing such an excellent link. This definitely spotlights the major improvements Hyundai has made and is making as they continue their progress up the quality ladder.

I think that Hyundai should distribute this video to its dealers.