Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• Options
    shc1shc1 Member Posts: 10
    I've been reviewing various SUVs for over a year now, finally settling on several finalists (Subaru,Honda CR-V, RAV-4, Kia Sportage), and after driving all this past week I'm pretty sure that the Hyundai Santa Fe is the winner. The particular one I drove at the dealer's had everything I wanted, and one item I wasn't sure I want, namely heated seats. It seems to me that somewhere in the past year of research I had read something about problems with heated seats (electrical problems? coils erupting thru the seat?). Has anyone had any experiences with heated seats that should cause me to reconsider this particular vehicle? Incidentally I usually keep my vehicles 7 to 10 years, so I really don't want to get poked in a sensitive area of my anatomy by an erupting hot coil down the road. Thanks for any input...
  • Options
    jveneziajvenezia Member Posts: 85
    On the first-gen SF, there was no bulb inside those large red "lights" on the rear bumper. There was a lot of discussion, and some shared info, about taking it all apart and placing bulbs in them (a pretty involved project). I don't really know why Hyundai didn't illuminate those reflectors for the North American market (supposedly they did do that for the European market to make the SF easier to see in fog). I'm guessing that the 07 SF is similar...no bulbs.
  • Options
    player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    Thx for the response. Well ill probably stop by the dealer on saturday and take a close look, maybe even turn on the fog lights to see if they do turn on.

However i have seen some of the 1st SF with those illumintaing just like rear foglights you know the bright red lol.

Well thx...

Yea i am a big fan of greay interiors with wood i think it looks very sophisticated and looks not too dark (black) but not too light (beige)it looks really good.
  • Options
    davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    One of my requirements for a new car is heated seats. I would not even consider one without heated seats. My wife's Lexus RX350 has heated seats and I love them. My son also has them in his 04 Highlander Limited and he loves them. Never had any problems with them and I've not heard of the problems you've described. It is so nice getting into a freezing cold car in the middle of winter and having that cozy warmth oozing out of the seat within a minute of getting in. Heated seats make winter tolerable for me. They are also great in the spring and fall when it's cool out but you still want to drive with the windows down and sunroof open. The seats keep you comfy even with the brisk air flowing by.

In fact, I just ordered a 07 Santa Fe Limited with the third row seating and sunroof in Deepwater Blue / beige interior. The dealer thinks he can get one in by this afternoon or tomorrow for me to take delivery. My last vehicle, an Avalon, I kept for 10 years. Still a great car with no problems. Just not enough safety equipment. I'll keep my Santa Fe until additional safety improvements justify a new vehicle.
  • Options
    shc1shc1 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info, and congrats on your new Santa Fe. I like your color combo. I'll be looking forward to driving around when the weather gets cooler with everything open and that "cozy warmth oozing out of the seat.." I'm ready to start negotiating....
  • Options
    psfod3psfod3 Member Posts: 63
    The Santa Fe is not recommended by consumers do to its tendency for the wheels to come off ther ground and roll over. Does any one know if any of these issues were changed in the design of the 07.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Interesting that Consumer Reports doesn't recommend the 2006 Santa Fe because it's concerned about rollover risk, yet according to the NHTSA, the Chevy Avalanche, Chevy Suburban, GMC Yukon, Jeep Liberty, and Nissan Pathfinder have a higher risk of rollover than the Santa Fe--but CR recommends those SUVs. :confuse:

The 2007 Santa Fe hasn't been tested for rollover by the NHTSA yet.
  • Options
    To fully understand the NHTSA rollover ratings it is very helpful to read the FAQ's found here .
    The tip-up rating that a popular consumers organization used to downgrade the old Santa Fe is based on a dynamic test where the vehicle is turned faster than is safe, and as a result of a high center of gravity, tipped up onto two wheels. The old Santa Fe did not have the vehicle stability control that would prevent such a severe maneuver.

As it turns out, whether a vehicle tips up or not plays a very minor role as to it's tendency to roll over during a single vehicle crash. It's the combination of wheelbase and height of the center of gravity that makes the difference.

I'm not all that concerned about the new Santa Fe's rollover tendencies. For one, it has stability control, which would prevent the dynamic type of rollover problems. Secondly, I'm sure Hyundai has used considerable effort to keep the center of gravity down, and has widened the wheelbase by 3 inches (to 106 inches). I think the new Santa Fe should do quite well on the rollover ratings compared to other SUVs.
  • Options
    A mistype in my previous message. The track of the new Santa Fe's has increased by 3 inches (from 60.7 to 63.8 inches). Also, it's the combination of track (not wheelbase) and center of gravity height that determines the rollover tendencies. Sorry for the mistake.
  • Options
    In case you haven't seen it, the NHTSA web site has posted the frontal crash test results for the 2007 Santa Fe. Both the driver and passenger positions get the top rating of 5 stars. Previously the IIHS rated the 2007 Santa Fe as 'Good' in all categories for its frontal offset crash test ('Good' represents the highest level of safety). The NHTSA full frontal test is a better test of how well the seatbelts and airbags work, since the car stops more abruptly. The IIHS offset frontal test is a better test for the structural integrity of the front of the car during a crash (per the NHTSA web site).

NHTSA Santa Fe results
    IIHS Santa Fe results

We now know the new Santa Fe does a great job in protecting us in frontal crashes. The side impact and rollover tests are still pending.
  • Options
    mschellemschelle Member Posts: 6
    Pardon me if this is a dumb question but which of these results is the one where Hyundai supplied the data themselves? :confuse:
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The IIHS frontal offset test was done by Hyundai and reported to the IIHS for verification.
  • Options
    lasberrylasberry Member Posts: 12
    The results are in. Side impact test reveal a 5 star rating for the Santa Fe for both driver and passenger. The results are shown at the following link. The only outstanding tests are the rollover tests. Great job Hyundai.

link titlehttp://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/4235.html
  • Options
    psfod3psfod3 Member Posts: 63
    I found the seats in the last Santa Fe to be very comfortable for older people. I see that they changed the front seat design. I hear that the new seat is not as soft and comfortable does anyone have any feelings on this.
  • Options
    Judging from my test drive of a 07 Santa Fe Limited with leather seating, I find the front seats to be very comfortable. They are similar in feel to our Lexus RX350 with the seat back being slightly firmer in the Santa Fe. I find I like the firmer seat better, giving me slightly more support. I have not tried the old Santa Fe so I can't compare.

Seat comfort is extremely subjective since we all have very different shapes, sizes, and weights (I consider myself about average - 5'11", 170 lbs). I recommend you sit in the 07 Santa Fe for an extended period of time and take it for a test drive. Only then will you be able to judge it's comfort for you.
  • Options
    Hey guys, my parents are considering the 07 SF as you all know at least some of u know or w/e. So the colors we have settled on are: Steel Gray, Slate Blue, and Deepwater Blue with Gray interior. Now we would like to see what these colors actually look like on real person or what i call "real life photos". So i was wondering those of you that own or have seen and taken pictures of 07 SF's in any of these colors )interior or exterior) to please post them if you can, if not then its ok. WE went to the dealer but they didnt have any of these, however we are going back this weekend so i suppose they have new ones in hopefully in some of these colors.

So if any of you would like to share your real life pics of Steel Gray, Slate Blue, and Deepwater Blue and if you also have photos of the Gray interior too please share them with me or even us that would also like to see these color in real life, that would be very well appreciated.

Thanks in adavance....

Player4...
  • Options
    There are lots of web sites with various photos of 2007 Santa Fe's. Slate Blue is a common color in many of these photos. I've never seen the Steel Gray color. Keep in mind that the color in the photos will not exactly match what you see with your own eyes due to variations in digital photos and color monitors. Below are some links:

My own Carspace photos of 2007 Santa Fe's including Deepwater Blue and Slate Blue My CarSpace photos
    Santa Fe image gallery that contains several Slate Blue photos and gray interiors Image Gallery
    Santa Fe photo gallery Hyundai Santa Fe gallery
    Several nice photos of Slate Blue with gray interior in this review: Canadian Driver Santa Fe review

The gray interior has a darkish gray wood tone on the dash as opposed to the beige interior, which has an brownish wood tone. Most of the ads for the Santa Fe show it in Bright Silver or the Silver Blue colors for some reason.
  • Options
    rob7980rob7980 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the Canadian color Blue Gray matches with in the US? Is it the slate blue or the silver blue?? I like the pictures of the silver blue in all the Hyundai pics, but someone posted saying it was basically a baby blue. If anyone knows where there is a picture of a Canadian Gray Blue color, please let em know, thanks
  • Options
    Thx for your reply so far im liking the Slate Blue best, because Deepwater BLue is maybe too dark so its maybe as delicated as Black would be. And Steel Gray looks good but i dont like how the rear looks because the red on all the rear lights stand out too much.

I kinda dissapointed that the Gray interiors have a diff kinda gray-ish look like the Sonota has, i would love a Gray interior with the wood on the beige interior color, thats what i was mostly tring to see, how that combinaation would look like. IS the Gray/Gray maybe for just CAN models?

Now does the 07 SF in the Edmunds Comparo, is that Slate Blue? http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=116618/pageId=101- 568
  • Options
    It's difficult to tell the exact colors in the Edmunds pictures because of the lighting (many pictures seem to be taken near sunset). Slate Blue certainly is one of the more popular colors. I've seen many of those at our dealership.

I agree with you about the darker wood with the gray interior. Many seem to like it according to the dealer, especially younger buyers. That dark gray wood color is the same in the states.

The Santa Fe looks good in any color. I think the darker colors are very sharp, but will be more difficult to keep clean. I initially opted for the Deepwater Blue, but after I saw a Dark Cherry Red at a different dealer, I decided that red was the color for me. It's a very rich, subdued red - sharp without being too glitzy. I'm getting it with the Beige leather interior. The Deepwater Blue is very dark and does look almost black under certain lighting conditions, but sparkles nicely in sunlight. My current vehicle is very close to the Slate Blue so I wanted something different.

For what it's worth, silver is the most popular car color with about 25% of new cars being silver. That's why manufacturers are coming out with numerous variations on silver (Pewter, Steel Gray, Platinum, Platinum Sage, and Silver Blue).
  • Options
    jcspohrjcspohr Member Posts: 97
    The Edmunds test SF appears to be Platinum Sage, which happens to be the color of the one I own.

We looked at the various colors for a month and always kept coming back to the Platinum Sage.

You really have to see them all in person. I suggest going to the dealer al little before dusk so you can see it in daylight, dusk, and night. Our Platinum Sage seems to change color at night. We love it.

Happy shopping,

JCS
  • Options
    Yes i guess we are gonna have to go to the dealerships to find the colors we have in mind and see them in real person. I do appreciate you guys' feedback because now we have it narrowed down to maybe colors which are Slate, and Platinum, since i dont like the Gray, and Deepwater is too dark.

The wood really is a big turnoff for me because i love the wood on the beige but we cant get it on gray, and dad wants gray leather, if he doesnt like the wood then i guess we'll either take black interior or beige...
  • Options
    FYI, the black interior is only available with the Limited trim line.
  • Options
  • Options
    lgslgs Member Posts: 27
    Is there no such thing as a 5pass version, with AWD and the leather package? I can't seem to spec it on the hyundai Canada website.

Seems like a major oversight.
  • Options
    benben2006benben2006 Member Posts: 4
    I was told there was no such combination in July.
  • Options
    rob7980rob7980 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, no such combo in Canada yet. I also can not believe they do not offer this package in Canada. Maybe this will change mid year, but who knows. Anyways anyone know about the color question I asked about a few posts up? Looking for some pics with the blue gray color. Thanks
  • Options
    pauljoypauljoy Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased the new Santa Fe Limited. Upon refilling the tank the first time, I noticed the mileage calculator was giving ridicules mileage numbers.
    The owners manual doesn't explain things very well so I then zeroed out the est. mileage reading to see if it would correct itself. It started the slow climb all the way to 28 MPG and I know it's not correct.
    Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Should I reset everything when I tank up? I would think that the MPG calculator would calculate the gas used per mile without zeroing it out every time.
  • Options
    new2dieselnew2diesel Member Posts: 148
    Without knowing what your "ridiculous numbers" are I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I know in mine, I simply reset the avg mpg screen and the trip mileage screen when I fill up. I purposely didn't reset the avg mileage for the last four tanks because I wanted a good average over 1500 miles. I have averaged 25.6 mpg for four consecutive tankfulls. When I check the computer's avg mpg against the manual method (miles driven divided by gallons used) I am always with 1 mpg of the computer or less. My best trip so far is 29 mpg. If you are driving highway at reasonable speeds (under 70mph) the 28 mpg may be accurate. I would reset it and see what it reads after an entire tank of typical driving. :)
  • Options
    By ridiculous I mean that I reset the MPG counter to --- then as I was driving it started to increase the numbers up to 28.6 MPG. This was backroad driving for a distance of about 10 miles. The car only has 352 miles on it and it was giving a reading of 20.2 MPG proir to the fill-up.
    I think my question is when should I zero out the MPG reading? Is there a certain procedure that should be followed like zero every time I fill up, or can I zero it at any time and expect it to work properly. Never had this option before so please excuse my dumb question.

As for the car, we originally went to the dealer to buy a Chevy but they didn't have what we wanted. Never considered a Hyundai because I didn't care for the styling but when I spotted the 07 I had to take a closer look.
    Once we did the test drive, we were sold. This car is unbelievable, and at a price that the competition can't touch.
    Thanks for you help!
  • Options
    mrnicemrnice Member Posts: 14
    Igs: Have you considered importing a Sante Fe from the States? I am heading that route because I want a FWD 5 seater with leather and options like dual automatic climate control, rear spoiler etc which are not available in Canada unless you go 7 seats. Additionally their are so many more colour options in the States.

I have done quite a bit of homework on importing and can tell you that Hyundai Canada will honour the warranty, dropping it to 5 years 100k KM. As the new Santa Fe is made in the USA you will pay no additional duties. The new Santa Fe requires no modifications to meet Canadian regulations (www.riv.ca). You pay the purchase price to the dealer and then pay GST at the Canadian border. When you go to register and get plates you pay PST.

With my desired configuration I am looking at saving over $4000 and getting options that are not available unless I bought the top of the line Canadian model.
  • Options
    Now I understand your question a little better. What you will find with the mpg computation is that it averages every 1/2 mile. On mine, I have seen some pretty high MPG numbers within the first 10 or 20 miles after reset. This happens because it reads how much fuel you have used since your reset. If for example, you were not accelerating much during the first 5 miles or were on a slight down hill grade, you may see mpg in the 30's to begin with. Then as your driving normalizes you get acceleration pulling the average down, or climbing hills, or sitting at a stop light. The more miles the more accurate the avg calculation will be. Just remember it is an average so the fewer miles the more it is a snap shot rather than an average.

I reset mine whenever I want to know what mpg I am getting for a trip, commute, tankful, etc.

I think it is one of the best features - I love mine! :)
  • Options
    Now I understand, thank you for taking the time to explain.
    I will let it run and see how it settles in. ;)
  • Options
    From what I can gather, there are virtually no U.S dealers that will sell a new car for export. Have you identified a dealership that will?
  • Options
    sirvagabondsirvagabond Member Posts: 51
    Greetings all, new to the boards and new to the 'potential' Sante Fe family.

As most smart consumers, I've been reading these boards trying to find flaws in a 25k+ vehicle before my money is dropped anywhere. Pre '07 SF's have had there problems I've noticed, and the verdict is still out on this years latest model. Honestly, I really, REALLY didn't want to like this vehicle. Took a whole lot of prodding to even get me into a Hyundai dealership to take a look. Went initially to check out the Tuscon, ended up test driving the SF. Here's all I gotta say..... I don't want to like this vehicle. I DON'T I DON'T I DON'T!!! ... but I just gotta have one.

So, still waiting on dealers to match my numbers, getting close. But I gotta see what people think about the new cooling system. Im being told by dealers that freon is no longer the standard. Hyundai had decided on using a more economical cooling fuel, forgot what he told me it was. Being that freon cost about $60-$70usd to refill, this new fuel is about a third the cost and supposedly can be picked up at your local auto supply store. I would like to know more about this and hear how the air conditioning is feeling to those who've got it.

Another concern I came across (and not sure if this was with the early model SF's or the new) was the SF's tendency to PULL RIGHT. Few posts on the boards indicated that Korea had no solution or reasons for why this model was prone to this. I'd like to think it was not a problem with this car, but want to be sure.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. And honestly, I want to hear the NEGATIVES on this car, cause all these positives are just suckering me into believing it's damn near perfect. I don't want to end up the :mad: with the :lemon: !

"....I DON'T!! I DON'T!! I DON'T!! I DON'T!!"
  • Options
    sprintrpssprintrps Member Posts: 62
    Positives: I can only give you my impressions after 3 weeks and 2000 miles. This SUV is definitly a great value. I am a big guy (6'5"..240 lbs) and I am comfortable. I have not experienced any pulling to the right...must be on earlier model. I just drove 1200 miles in 3 days, and I averaged 27.8 mpg. (I have the SE w/3.3 engine). Very smooth..no rattles...tight as a drum.

Negatives: I have the "thunk" 1st thing in the morning under the rear end as others on this site have discussed.Also, I had to order a new interior door panel as the material is pulling away from the door under the inside door handle. The dealer said this seems to be a problem and I am not the 1st to have it. The radio is OK, but they could have put in a better unit for a 24K vehicle.
  • Options
    I am a big guy (6'5"..240 lbs) and I am comfortable. I have not experienced any pulling to the right...

The only way any truck you're in is going to pull right is when you're in the passenger seat. :P
  • Options
    Me and my parents went to the dealership this weekend to check out the new Santa Fe. This is an amazing vehicle!!!! Interior materials are top notch and design is great as well as utility. We went for a test drive my dad drove it first, he was loving it everything was awesome very quiet and the engine is very responsive and powerful. Then the salesman let me drive it i dont know why. I mean i know that you have to be 18 to test drive cars but still i had my license so i guess she trusted me, si i took it and man it was amazing, so nice everything well balanced, i used the Shiftronic the whole time, it felt so awesome to have the engine respond to your commands lol. But overall the car is really nice and pricing is also good for all the things you get. We now may get one in about 6 months. Availability of certain models are not available yet because it just now came out. The one that we wanted with the options we wanted there was only 1 in the US in Chicago so that explains that availability is not at its greatest yet.
    We tested a 2007 Santa Fe SE AWD Deepwater Blue, Gray Interior, cloth, no sunroof, no auto climate control, no 7-pass 3.3L V6.
  • Options
    virgil2virgil2 Member Posts: 6
    I would like to have an update about gas mileage of 07 Santa Fe. New2diesel had an averaged of 25.6 mpg and his best trip of 29 mpg. With the 2.7l or the 3.3l? It's surprising because it's better than the gas mileage announced by hyundai.

Also, I would like to know the gas mileage of ''older'' 07 Santa Fe (around 3000 miles and more) to see if the gas mileage is better after it's ''broken''. Around 26-28 mpg, it'almost as good as the RAV4 V6 ... ;)
  • Options
    I have. Northtown Hyundai in Buffalo has quoted me on a Santa Fe and they know I plan to export. They are used to it they told me, doing several a month between all of their dealerships. I also was in Vermont on vacation a couple of weeks ago and stopped by Burlington Hyundai. The sales guy there had no problem with me importing either. I have heard that some manufacturers do put limits on their dealerships when it comes to selling for export. Hyundai does not seem to have a problem as they have written me that I can transfer my warranty.
  • Options
    I hate to disappoint you but you are going to have to dig deeper than a/c and pulling to the right to find issues with this vehicle. My a/c is so cold I usually have to turn it down or move the control towards the red to keep from getting too cool. I use mine in VA with 100 degree heat at times - no problem. Also never had the wheel pull to the right or left. This is a great value and very nice vehicle. Is it perfect - no - but no vehicle is.

I started out just like you - I really didn't want to like it. I kept driving other vehicles which kept bringing me back to the SF. In the end - nothing in the price range compared.
  • Options
    Virgil,
    I have the 2.7 fwd GLS. I now have 4,200 miles on it and it seems to be getting slightly better with time. I will be changinging the oil soon and replacing it with synthetic. I also run the tires at 37 psi which helps. The 29 mpg was a result of me trying to get good mpg on a trip. Normal trip driving is more like 27-28. I really believe these vehicles are capable of pretty good gas mileage. I am not the best case because I drive up a 4000' mountain every day. It is almost five miles of 15% grade. Going up the mountain I get 9 mpg. That gets averaged in to my tankful average along with some highway and lots of rural road driving. With all that I honestly get 25.5 averaged over 4 tankfulls (1500 miles). Not bad! ;)
  • Options
    jackw77jackw77 Member Posts: 12
    Other Random Musings

I have an 07 SF LTD AWD...I now have 1100 miles on it and the last tank I averaged 19.5 MPG on 95% city driving...not bad at all imo.

For those asking...the A/C is fabulous...as others have mentioned, it actually gets too cold here in the hot and muggy late Chicago summer heat.

I have absolutely NO pulling to the right at all....as has been mentioned in several threads.

I still love the vehicle and am looking to get a second one just like it for a backup vehicle.

I took a few people out to dinner the other noght. One of the folks with me in the SF owns an LX350. His words, not mine.....basically you have the same car as I do for alot less money and oh yeah...you have a warranty that lasts way longer... The only thing he said that did compare favorably..and I must agree...when riding on rougher roads...the SF lets you feel every bump. However, as I have said before...when you are riding on a smooth highway or street..it is one of the smoothest and most quiet vehicles I have ever driven in or rode in.

I love my 07 SF a little more, each time I drive it!
  • Options
    crazy4sfe07crazy4sfe07 Member Posts: 3
    from what i understand Hyundai here in Mtl/Quebec should have available the GLS in the 5 seater before the end of the year.
    Still far from what the US can offer as options.
    You certainly given me something to think about.
    I hope to find out more about your quest to purchase from the US since I am also interested in buying a SFe with awd,tail,sunroof,leather pkg.I believe i have found enough positive reasons to jump from the Toyota family to Hyundai.
  • Options
    nonymousnonymous Member Posts: 1
    Do you have contact info at Hyundai Canada, where I could also get confirmation that they will honour a US warranty?

Also, do you know what modifications will be required? Does the US vehicle have daytime running lights? KPH on the speedometer?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I emailed Hyundai Canada and have attached the email trail for you. Sorry for the length. Someone in the US would have to answer regarding the day time running lights but my belief is that are standard on the US model, same for the KM's on the speedometer. The KM's will be smaller just like the MPH are on cars we buy here. In my emails I asked about upgrading the car to show KM's and Celsius and how much it would cost. These changes are for cosmetic and ease of use only and are not required to register your vehicle.

Can someone with a Santa Fe tell me if you can change the automatic climate control between celsius and fahrenheit with a touch of a button?

Warranty will be honored. The dealerships should know the proper procedures regarding this matter. In the event that you get resistance, do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-461-8242
    Regards,
    Hyundai Auto Canada

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Thu 8/10/2006 9:40 AM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: RE: Warranty US-Canada

Thank you. What about my first question?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: Customer Service [mailto:CustomerRelations@HyundaiCanada.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:38 AM
    To: Me

The approximate cost for the part you seek is 500 Cnd$.

Thank you for writing Hyundai Auto Canada

Sent: Thu 10/08/2006 9:24 AM

OK. So I don't have to notify Hyundai Canada but if I need warranty service any Hyundai dealer in Canada will honour my US Warranty to 60,000 miles / 5 years right?

Are you able to tell me the approx cost of switch the computer from miles to kilometers on a 2007 Santa Fe?

Thanks again.

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:17 PM

You would not notify Hyundai Canada, as we cannot process US serial numbers. We would suggest however, you inquire to see if Hyundai USA can register your Canadian address, in the event there is a recall.
    Regards,
    Hyundai Auto Canada

Sent: Wed 8/9/2006 4:00 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Assuming I bring the car over is there anything I need to do to notify Hyundai Canada?

Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:42 PM

August 9th, 2006
    Good afternoon,
    Warranty will be honored. The only difference is that the 10yr/100,000 miles Powertrain Warranty would be slimmed down to 5yrs/60,000 miles.
    Regards,
    Hyundai Auto Canada

Sent: Wed 8/9/2006 2:46 PM
    Subject: Warranty US-Canada

Comments: What happens to the warranty when a car is purchased in the US and then imported to Canada?
  • Options
    nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    What about insurance and plates. Would need both in order to drive the car back to Canada? right...
  • Options
    boyzmumboyzmum Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Yes you can change from farenheit to celcius with the touch of a button (or two). I recall doing it as we were driving home with ours from the dealership!

I dabbled with the idea of importing too. Liked the color options in the USA - but we were under a time crunch. We decided to go with a GLS in golden beige. We purchased from Baytowne Hyundai in Barrie, ON. WE LOVE THE VEHICLE! We are just over the 2000km mark and can now drive it 'normally' so we're anxious to see the gas milage that we get out of it.
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

The 2007 North American Car Of The Year (NACOTY) & North American Truck Of The Year (NATOTY)nominees have been named, and included in these is the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Car Of The Year Nominees

Chrysler Sebring

Dodge Caliber

Honda Fit

Infiniti G35

Jaguar XK/XKR

Lexus LS460

Mercedes S-Class

Nissan Altima

Nissan Versa

Saturn Aura

Toyota Camry

Truck Of The Year Nominees

Acura MDX

Acura RDX

Audi Q7

BMW X5

Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban

Chevrolet Silverado

Dodge Nitro

Ford Edge

GMC Acadia

Honda CR-V

Hyundai Santa Fe

Jeep Wrangler

Mazda CX-7

Saturn Vue Green Line

Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Options
    jg28jg28 Member Posts: 257
    Has anyone noticed that the new front end of the Santa Fe looks remarkably like the 2002-2003 model Nissan Maxima's front end? I cannot believe the resemblance: Maxima:image and Santa Fe: