Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• edmac1edmac1 Member Posts: 36
    This has nothing to do with your 3rd row seat question but my opinion is that, unless you live in an area with lots of snow, the FWD is preferable to AWD. Less to go wrong and better gas mileage.

A dealer who will give you 5 days to change your mind is good to find. I assume if you decide not to keep your present car you have to select another one from this dealer.
  • davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    Hi Karen,

We rarely use our third row seat (both in our Santa Fe and in our previous minivan). I'd say we use it about 3 or 4 times a year. Even so, I would never consider buying a vehicle without it. For those few times we make use of it, it really does come in handy. When friends or family from out of town come to visit, we can all fit into one car when we go out. If your kids want to take their friends with them somewhere, no problem. It also lets you play bus driver if your kids are into team sports (hmmm, maybe you don't want to get the third row after all :D ). I think the third row just increases the versatility of the vehicle significantly, with little downside (cost, loss of hidden storage bin). With or without it, the Santa Fe is a great vehicle.

Dave
    2007 Santa Fe AWD Limited with Premium and Touring packages
    Dark Cherry Red with beige leather interior
  • kmwilsonkmwilson Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your advice on the 3rd row, but it looks as if i don't have any time to return. We read the paperwork wrong. I think i would have liked to had the 3rd row seating option, but oh well....we don't have kids yet so it may be a while before I need it.

Karen
  • lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    My husband asked the service guy what the black knobs are used for, in the cargo area. They are near the cargo door, on the both walls of the cargo area. Anyway, the guy said they are for the cargo net. But, my husband tried to attach the cargo net to the knobs and it just doesn't work right. He said the net doesn't fit right and it looks like anything stored in the net would fall out. Are these designed to hold the cargo net? Or something else?
  • tjk850tjk850 Member Posts: 13
    Look in the Owners Manual, Page 1-110, There is a description of how the cargo net fits onto the knobs and floor.
    One other use I've found for those little black knobs:

If you have your groceries packed in plastic bags, you can hang the handles of the bags around the plastic knobs. The bags still sit on the floor, but are kept from moving or tipping over while driving. This has come in very handy for me.

2007 Santa Fe AWD Limited with Premium and Touring packages
    tjk850: Thank you for your reply. I found nothing in the manual that addressed the black knobs. It mentions the cargo net and cover and how to use then; nothing about the knobs. Is it possible there are different manuals?

davesuv: thanks for your reply as well. That's a good idea! I have appreciated your comments in this forum. You seem knowledgeable about cars in general; and of course, the SF in particular.
  • mrlimitedmrlimited Member Posts: 2
    I am hoping to buy a limited awd w/premium option soon, just waiting to find one that is nat khaki w/black int.This web site is great.I would love to learn what everyone is arriving at with their dealers as the final sale price?That would be very powerful info for me to be armed with when I go to negotiate my deal.in Boston!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Welcome - check out the Hyundai Santa Fe: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion for recent pricing reports.
    In Davenport, Iowa we started at $26,145. We got $1,750.00 in rebates (1,000 rebate + 750.00 for going with HMCF). We got $3,500 on our trade. Final price - $20,895 plus TTL. We also purchased the lowest maintenance package which gives us up to seven years on certain items. I'm sorry I can't remember details. We're financing about $22,200. Our SF also came with cargo tray and floor mats at Nc. We bought the cargo cover. Good luck. You won't be unhappy with this vehicle. I knew I wanted the SF and didn't even drive it until we went to buy. This is how sure I was and I wasn't wrong. I love it more and more!

SF Limited FWD Premium with XM.
    Golden Beige (prettier than I thought it would be, and yes, I'm a woman)/beige interior.
  • mrlimitedmrlimited Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response and I do not have any problem with a man or woman using the word pretty to describe a color of a Santa Fe!
  • allison5allison5 Member Posts: 130
    I am in the process of deciding on whether I can go with this SUV with 3 kids 7, 10 and almost 13. Right now I have a GMC Yukon (nothing but trouble!!)and that has been okay. Obviously not much room behind 3rd row but I knew it going in. THis vehicle is on its last wheels and I need to decide. I looked at all minivans, for some reason I have had trouble with my back issues in vans. Maybe it is that SUV's sit up higher. ANyway just wondering what others have thought of this with kids. We also have a lab dog.
    As much as I love the SF; if your children are that old (and big), maybe the Veracruz would be a better option. It is wider and longer and you would have a little more cargo room than the SF. I love the higher seating position of my SF. Good luck. It took me two or three years of research before I bought my car!
  • slk70slk70 Member Posts: 12
    If you need the third row for most trips, I'd look at the Veracruz or the Mazda CX-9 as they are better suited for the 5-7 passenger range. I happily own a Santa Fe Limited, but I recently saw the Veracruz as well as the CX-9 and came away a little envious. You could also look at the GMC Acadia or Saturn Outlook if you aren't completely jaded by your Yukon experience. The Chrysler Pacifica is also an option.
  • carbuntcarbunt Member Posts: 40
    It Literally does. My wife and I recently purchased a 2007 Limited Santa Fe with all the toys after ten months of research here on Edmunds, Consumers Reports Forums, and other online automotive websites and forums, plus the multiple test drives from the Accord, Camry, Sonata, Highlander, Rav4,CR-V, Explorer, Escape, etc.

For one thing we never thought we would be driving a Hyundai because we started out looking for a Toyota to replace our aging Camry. But at the end of this odyssey, although there were some nice rides between them all but the one winner that came out on top was the Hyundai Santa Fe.

We've had it for about a month now and so far it has lived up to all expectations and then some. My wife really enjoys the 605 watt Infinity surround sound system when jamming to Aerosmith, Dire Straits, Madonna or Barry White. I love it best with Bach when I get a chance to ride or drive it.

My favorite feature of the Santa Fe is the ride and the comfortable seats. This was important to me as the closest contender, the Rav4 had one of the most uncomfortable seats but the Highlander had a nice ride but it just looked too old frumpy-fogey and the interior was surprisingly uninspired and in my opinion, plain, plain, ugly.

All in all we are very satisfied with the deal we received as it was all completed over the internet thanks to Edmunds' helpful dealer quote service.

We highly recommend this Vehicle. Great Job Hyundai.
  • westvirginiawestvirginia Member Posts: 15
    We have three kids 14, 12 and 10. They fit comfortably in the rear seat. We decided not to get the third row seat because we still have a minivan for long trips or when you need a lot of seats. Our kids are getting bigger and I could not see them wanting to ride back there, let alone fit. We use the Santa Fe for around town and short trips only.
  • dr_dougdr_doug Member Posts: 9
    Dredging up a dead topic here. I was wondering if gogrego was still watching this group. Back in post #2027 he talked about buying a Drawtite Modulite 118176 adapter for use on his Santa Fe's trailer pre-wiring harness. I am wanting to do the same thing and was curious as to how smoothly the installation went.
  • gwillygwilly Member Posts: 51
    Actually, I too installed the same part #. It went relatively smooth, and I didn't break anything. I took off the rear threshold and then found the screws for the storage compartment(I have the 3rd row seat) and it took some time to figure out how to lift it out correctly. I then took off the light access panels and then pulled up(slightly bending) the side panels just enough so I could get the wiring harness up to each light(I used a piece of coat hanger to pull it up(make sure you keep it away from the seat belt adjuster if you have the 3rd row).

I just plugged the T-tap into each and that was that. However the next part was little more difficult (since I had to get the flat 4-cond end to my 4way to 6 way adapter that I need for brakes). I used a "uni-bit" type step drill bit to drill down through the existing hole under the left side of the threshold(where plastic plug is presently) just big enough to fit the whole 4 way flat plug through it. Then using a bright light which I shined down through the hole, I went under the car and located another plug directly below and a little to the left. This is where I drilled another hole big enough to pull the 4 way flat adapter through.

I would use some thick rubber sticky tape or anything to keep the sharp edges from cutting into the wire, to press over the sharp edge using multiple pieces. My photo's are linked below. If you need some photo's I would be happy to put some up.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f123fc7/2!make=Hyundai&model=Santa%20Fe&e- - d_makeindex=.f123fc7">link title
  • dezman1dezman1 Member Posts: 16
    Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone has put on any Side Step bars on their 07 Santa Fe yet? Any suggestions or brands that looks and works well?

Photos would be nice too. Tried searching online including ebay but wished there was better pictures to see actual looks.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Gwilly, was your adapter by any chance a Modulite 118415? From what I've tried to research on the web, it appears that it is that model that plugs into the Santa Fe's existing tail light connectors like you describe (sidestepping the pre-wiring harness). The 118176 has just 6 wire leads (no plugs) going into it that seem like they would match up with the 6 wires in the pre-wiring harness. My thinking was I could snip the existing connectors from the pre-wiring harness and hard-wire the 118176 box directly in line.
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    This is what I ordered. OEM - Hyundai
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    It took two months. Shipped from Korea for me from a shop in Arizona. Let me know if your interested.
    Yes, the adapter was a 118415. I initially was going to snip all the wires and use them with the 118176, I even used my digital multi-meter to "pin-out" each terminal on the 2 existing "trailer pre-wiring" terminals that our SE AWD had. However, I felt that I would just use the 118415 so the one harness was left alone and I did cut and use the smaller harness which had constant 12v+ and Gnd.

I did then plug the 4 way into a 7 way adapter #30717 and had to run a 12/2 to the front for my electrical brake controller. My recent towing event went flawlessly and I didn't blow up the car.

I would also recommend, when convenient, calling Hyundai Consumer affairs and getting a credit to be used at your local dealer for services. This credit would be for the cost of this 18176, due to the fact that Hyundai hasn't made an adapter yet. I got double of what it cost... the person on the phone wanted to make sure I was happy.
  • technikaltechnikal Member Posts: 14
    I ordered the hitch and the 118415 harness and am waiting for it to arrive. If I'm not planning on running any trailer that has brakes, will I still have to cut wires for the install of the harness - or is it a true 'plug and play' set up for the standard 4 pole, lights only set up?

Thanks!
    Yes the 118415 is plug and play, however you would need to have the 4 way flat end accessible and lay it under your rear hatch to plug into the trailer. Kinda bogus I think, but if you only tow very infrequently then it probably is OK. I needed my wiring at the hitch, so I had to drill 2 holes to get the 4 way flat end through.
  • technikaltechnikal Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info. I won't be towing often - the hitch will be typically used for a bike rack - but I figured I'd go ahead and wire it up now.

I'll check out wiring options when the unit arrives. Do you think you could route it without drilling if you cut the 4 way flat end off and just pushed the wires through, reconnecting once outside the vehicle? I think I'd rather cut the harness than drill holes. Or, would I be better off going with a different harness that allowed me to use the pre-wiring that's already there?
  • retiredpilotretiredpilot Member Posts: 16
    Could someone please spell out exactly what the trailer hitch pre-wiring includes. I currently tow a light weight travel trailer (max weight I have ever been able to get it up to was 2200 lbs and that was on my way to Alaska so I had more "stuff" in the trailer than I normally do). I had my current vehicle "hitched and wired" at a rv dealership because the vehicle came "tow ready" which I believe included such things as heavy duty in the back, a larger radiator and a tranny cooler. I need wiring that allows for a brake controller, brake lights and turn signals, night time running lights and battery (the trailer battery is charged by the cars alternator). Does the Santa's "pre-wiring include all of this. Does the trailer hitch option include the tranny cooler, heavy duty springs, etc. They sure charge enough for it so it should include more than just the hitch.
    Looking forward to your reply(s).
    To my knowledge you can't get just a towing packing on the Santa Fe (unless they've just started offering it). Several of us on this group have figured out that around October of last year the "touring package" option started including an upgraded radiator, transmission cooler, and the dubiously-named trailer pre-wiring harness. No trailer hitch was included with this option, and the pre-wiring harness used a pair of non-standard connectors for which no plugs were/are available, not even directly from Hyundai. One connector (2-wire) is power+ground, the other (4-wire) is tail light, brake light, left and right turn signals. As you've probably read, a few of us have looked into Modulite kits for the wiring. The 118415 bypasses the pre-wiring harness and plugs into the tail light wiring. This makes all the connections internal to the vehicle and requires that you either dangle the trailer plug out the tailgate or drill a hole through the floor. The 118176 adapter has just 6 bare wire leads that could be hard-wired into the pre-wiring harness after you snip off the existing plugs.
    I guess I should have also said that I haven't yet tried installing the 118176 module. It just appears from its description like it ought to work.
    Even though our trailer is a tent trailer and 1800lbs, our tongue weight is around 320, which is a little close to the maximum allowed. Our SE AWD+touring still sags noticeably when we load up the Santa Fe with all the misc. camping gear.

I am presently looking for air-shocks to replace the OEM Hyundai ones. I was going to try air bags but after e-mailing the manufacturer (Air Lift Inc.) a photo of the rear spring assembly, the technician indicated that the rubber bumper inside the top of the spring would have to be cut off and the air bag would only touch 2 coils, which may or may not solve the problem. However, replacement air-shocks seem to be difficult to locate since the vehicle is so new. I probably will have to take one off and head to a auto parts store or specialty off road place to get a match.

Any suggestions would be welcome, if any one here has purchased any air-shocks or got a part number that would cross reference with the OEM shocks? Thanks in advance.
  • dmuttdmutt Member Posts: 48
    The rubber bumper stops would have to be cutoff? They are not bolted on? How would one be replaced if it was damaged or broke off. I have a feeling there is a bolt on the top side of the spring mount plate. But, I could be wrong. And it may be a bugger to get to.

Dang, I was hoping to install Air Lift when I purchase the Santa Fe!
  • wylldsharkwylldshark Member Posts: 34
    Hey everyone,

I'm a true Hyundai fan - I LOVE these cars! But, I'm also the guy who sold dr_doug his Santa Fe.

Anyway, I've followed all the talk about the towing package and wanted to let you all know that Hyundai has finally released a factory tow hitch w/ wiring harness. We received one in stock at the dealership today, and I had the parts manager rip the box open so I could see it with my own eyes.

Hyundai;s suggested MSRP on the hitch/harness is $393, and should cost around $514 installed by service.

I know this has been a hot topic for most consumers and wanted the folks at Edmunds (especially you, dr_doug!) to hear it first.
  • wylldsharkwylldshark Member Posts: 34
    Also, forgot to mention - the hitch even has its own place to run the wiring through.
  • colklinkcolklink Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone questioned their dealer about the oil change only every 12K miles (under "normal" driving conditions) that the Maintenance Log suggests? I did get my 1st one at about 3500, but feel like waiting another 12K was too long. I've heard of 5K or 7500 intervals, but never 12K.
    The vehicle maintenance guide that comes with the 2007 Santa Fe indicates that oil changes are required every 7,500 miles (or 12,000 Kilometers) (or 6 months) under routine usage. For severe driving conditions, it recommends an oil change every 3,000 miles (or 3 months). Of course it is very generous in its definition of severe driving conditions, including: "repeatedly driving short distances of less than 5 miles in normal temperature and less than 10 miles in freezing temperatures", "frequently driving in stop and go conditions", plus the other expected conditions (dirty roads, trailer towing, extensive idling, mountainous roads, etc.)

To be on the safe side for warranty coverage, it would make sense to go for the shorter interval. My dealer even wrote in 3,500 mi oil changes on the warranty card. For the relatively small cost involved, I've decided to have all my oil changes done at the dealer and at 3,500 mile intervals so that there is no question when it comes down to warranty coverage. Plus, I think there's a better chance of the dealer catching something that may be going wrong before it becomes a problem if they get to inspect it frequently.

2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD with Premium and Touring packages
    We had our SF in for its first oil change yesterday. I noticed this morning that the next oil change is due at 3,000 or July. We won't likely take it back to the dealer because they are two and a half hours away. Of course, if there's a warranty issue with the car, then we will have them do the oil change, too.
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    I'm very close to buying a new Santa Fe Limited AWD. After test driving it (along with the Tucson Limited, Honda CRV, Chevy Equinox, and Chevy HHR) I'm convinced that it has by far the most bang for the buck. My dealer has an inbound vehicle that's set up perfectly, i.e. Limited AWD, Steel Gray / Black leather, Premium Package, carpeted mats, and cargo tray. Selling price would be invoice ($28,073) plus $300 less rebate ($1,000) plus tax and license. It's due to arrive in around 2 weeks.

A few questions:

- What type of gasoline (octane requirement) is recommended for the 3.3 liter engine? I can't find this info anywhere in the brochure or on Hyundai's web site.

- I've not seen the gray or black leather interior in person. (I've only seen the beige and I will not be getting that color.) I've seen the pictures of the gray in the brochure and it looks good; there are no pictures of the black interior in the brochure. To those who've seen the gray and black interiors in person, what are your thoughts? Also, do they both come with the dark gray wood-grained trim (as opposed to the maple-like color of the trim in the beige interior)?

- Are folks here satisfied with the Limited's stock (not the Infinity) audio system?

- Do the red lights that are mounted in the rear bumper light up? I know they didn't in the previous generation Santa Fe; I always thought that was kind of dumb - to put them there only to not have them do anything. They'd make great brake lights or rear fog lights (as found on most European cars).

- Speaking of lights, are you satisfied with the amount of light produced by the headlights? (I'm kind of spoiled by the xenons in our other cars.)

- Has anyone here had an aftermarket GPS navigation system installed? If so, I'd appreciate any details you can share (e.g. type of system, where you had it mounted, cost, any ill effects such as defeating use of steering wheel audio buttons, etc.).

Thanks for your help, everyone.

- Mike
    My limited has the gray and black interior and its very nice. I use 94 octane. You can go as low as 89. I have tried regular but you WILL notice a performance decrease. Due to current gas prices, if you still want to use regular make sure you use a quality octane booster additive. The trim you are looking for is called ( UNOFFICIALLY by the dealer )CARBON. Its the same pattern as the wood grain but dark gray. Looks real sharp. The sound system is fine. I have had no issues with it. No, the rear bumper reflectors do not light up. Visit my links section under Santa Fe toys. You will find a shop that sells after market kits to enlighten your rear. :) The headlights are fine. I do a lot of traveling off-road in PA and have had no issues but again visit the links section I mentioned and you will find many after market solutions. Careful on the warranty issue. Any electrical changes MAY void the warranty. Again, I did not want to mess with the warranty so opted NOT to go with an in-dash Nav. I purchased a Magellan Roadmate. The plus side is I am able to mount it faily close to my normal field of view while driving. An in dash unit is too much temptation for me to take my eyes off the road...

Hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase.

Anthony
  • edmac1edmac1 Member Posts: 36
    The 3.3L runs just fine on regular 89 octane gas.
    Please see my answers after each question.

What type of gasoline (octane requirement) is recommended for the 3.3 liter engine? I can't find this info anywhere in the brochure or on Hyundai's web site. You can use 87, 89, or higher. I use 89 with Ethanol.

- I've not seen the gray or black leather interior in person. (I've only seen the beige and I will not be getting that color.) I've seen the pictures of the gray in the brochure and it looks good; there are no pictures of the black interior in the brochure. To those who've seen the gray and black interiors in person, what are your thoughts? Also, do they both come with the dark gray wood-grained trim (as opposed to the maple-like color of the trim in the beige interior)? Black will show too much dust too quickly and be really hot in summer, especially in the south. The gray would be better. I can't remember the trim.

- Are folks here satisfied with the Limited's stock (not the Infinity) audio system? I love the sound system. Our former car had an Infinity sound system and I would say the stock beats or exceeds. It has exceeded my expectations. I love the XM that comes with it, plus you get the first three months free.

- Do the red lights that are mounted in the rear bumper light up? I know they didn't in the previous generation Santa Fe; I always thought that was kind of dumb - to put them there only to not have them do anything. They'd make great brake lights or rear fog lights (as found on most European cars). As far as I know, they do. However, the rear turn signals are very small and hard to see. My husband noticed this while following me one day.

- Speaking of lights, are you satisfied with the amount of light produced by the headlights? (I'm kind of spoiled by the xenons in our other cars.) I would rather have xenons, but these lights put out a good deal of light.

- Has anyone here had an aftermarket GPS navigation system installed? If so, I'd appreciate any details you can share (e.g. type of system, where you had it mounted, cost, any ill effects such as defeating use of steering wheel audio buttons, etc.). Doesn't apply to me.

Good luck. No matter what, I think you will love your Santa Fe. I've been thrilled with mine and look for reasons to take it out. I have the Limited FWD golden beige/beige interior; Premium package & XM. It came with cargo tray and mats. We purchased the cargo cover and love it. For a CUV, I think it gets good gas mileage. On a 1600 mile round trip, we averaged 24 mpg.
    Hi Mike,

I've had my 2007 Santa Fe AWD Limited with Premium and Touring packages now since October and have about 7,500 miles on it. I've only used regular gas in it without any problems; no knocking, more pickup than I need. I also love the standard stereo system. Excellent sound quality and the best FM reception I've ever experienced in a car. The small reflectors at the rear bumper are just reflectors.

I use a Garmin GPS system (StreetPilot C340) for trips and absolutely love it. My first trip I had it mounted at the bottom center of the windshield and it worked fine. For my most recent trip, I mounted it at the lower left side of the windshield, to the left of the steering wheel, and I like that position much better. The screen is much closer to me and it does not interfere with driving visibility at all. I can easily run the power cord under the dash and plug it in the center console 12V outlet. I definitely would recommend a GPS unit that speaks the street names. I also really like the portable nature of the Garmin unit. I can take it inside with me to pre-program my various destinations (or potential destinations). It is very intuitive to use and I wonder how I got along without it previously on trips.

Good luck with your Santa Fe decision :)
  • ottoman2ottoman2 Member Posts: 2
    Do the red lights that are mounted in the rear bumper light up? I know they didn't in the previous generation Santa Fe; I always thought that was kind of dumb - to put them there only to not have them do anything. They'd make great brake lights or rear fog lights (as found on most European cars). As far as I know, they do. However, the rear turn signals are very small and hard to see. My husband noticed this while following me one day.
    I have a 07 limited and I also noticed that the turn signals were small and hard to see. I ordered a pair of functional rear bumper fog lights to replaced the OEM reflectors and wired them so that they flash with the turn signals. Now there is no problem seeing them.
  • colklinkcolklink Member Posts: 20
    Mike -

Thought I'd go ahead and chime in as well. I have the same setup you are looking at only it is FWD. Bought mine in late Sept and have about 6500 miles on it.

I've used only regular 89 octane and have had no problems. Mileage took awhile to get up there, but now is holding between 18 - 19 mpg city driving. Highway I get around 20 -21 maybe.

I love the black or "carbon" interior. I don't like wood paneling (real or fake) in cars, but the black "wood" paneling is nice looking. I don't notice much dust build up, but I try to keep my pretty clean.

The stock stereo is nice, except for the FM tuner. At times it will drop a few decibels because the digital signal is lost. This is a known documented issue by Hyundai and the stereo is supposed to work like this. :confuse: After 7 months though I don't notice it as much, but I may replace eventually.

Happy Driving!
    -Luke
  • slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    ottoman, how difficult was it to install the rear fog lights and did you purchase them thru your dealer? Would appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks.
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    Thank you everyone for your quick replies. You've provided me with some great info. A couple of quick follow-up Qs...

- Does the owner's manual make a specific recommendation regarding gasoline octane requirements?

- To ottoman2 and pelican 19, can you provide any add'l. information on the aftermarket rear bumper light modification? (Pelican19, I couldn't find the info you referenced in your reply; ottoman2, can you please provide a few more details e.g. source, how tough to install, do they use the factory lenses, etc.?

Thanks very much.

- Mike
    I have never had any problems with regular 87 octane gasoline.

Here is the excerpt from the manual about fuel recommendations (Section 1, page 2):

Use Unleaded Gasoline
    Unleaded gasoline with a Pump Octane Rating of 87(Research Octane Number 91) or Higher must be used. For improved vehicle Performance, premium unleaded gasoline with Pump Octane Rating of 91(RON 95) or higher is recommended.

What About Gasohol?
    Gasohol (a mixture of 90% unleaded gasoline and 10% ethanol or grain alcohol) may be used in your Hyundai. However, if your engine develops driveability problems, the use of 100% unleaded gasoline is recommended. Fuels with unspecified quantities of alcohol, or alcohols other than ethanol, should not be used.

Use of MTBE
    Hyundai recommends that fuels containing MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether) over 15.0% vol. (Oxygen Content 2.7% weight) should not be used in your Hyundai. Fuel containing MTBE over 15.0% vol. (Oxygen Content 2.7% weight) may reduce vehicle performance and produce vapor lock or hard starting.

Do Not Use Methanol
    Fuels containing methanol (wood alcohol) should not be used in your Hyundai. This type of fuel can reduce vehicle performance and damage components of the fuel system.

Gasolines for Cleaner Air
    To help contribute to cleaner air, Hyundai recommends that you use gasolines treated with detergent additives, which help prevent deposit formation in the engine. These gasolines will help the engine run cleaner and enhance performance of the Emission Control System.
  • dchindchin Member Posts: 2
    Howdy fellow Santa Fe towing enthusiast!
    I just purchased my 2007 AWD Ltd T/P (Touring /Premium ) and yes, it does include the Towing Prep Package . . . beyond all the nice engine/drive train upgrades to boost internals to handle from 2000lbs to 3500lbs tow capacity, it does come "pre-wired for trailer" providing two Female connectors behind the left rear wheel well.
    One of us stated a DEALERSHIP received a Hitch kit WITH Harness?!! Pray tell the details and PART NUMBERS - especially the HARNESS. (and what is on the other end of that venerable harness?!)
    In several calls to the Hyundai hotline, they still have no part number or knowledge of a harness/pigtail adapter to take power from the "pre-wired female connector" to your favorite American trailer plug (i.e. - a Male connector to a standard flat four plug . . . wouldn't that be wonderful?).
    If you've a lead on a factory compatible or even OEM harness, (not the T-One connector that intercepts the brake lamps!), pls provide the part number and best way to order it.
    OR, if anyone has figured out . . . (should we, ahem, snip off the factory Female connector), what wires go to what wires on a stnd 4 conductor harness, pls fwd the wiring diagram/sequence - THAT would be awesome!! Okay, to be really OEM and true hobbyist - just find me the male connectors somewhere - the Radio Shack I went to could not figure this one out from their inventory. . . we can make our own, make use of the pre-wire and not have to drill holes in the cabin floor to route wires.
    Good luck guys / gals - you're a great bunch and I hope to see you all well beyond 100K miles with smiles!
  • ottoman2ottoman2 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the web site where I purchased the bumper lights link title. They were very easy to install. They come complete with light bulbs & wires. I just removed the tail light [non-permissible content removed]'y that has the turn signal in it and spliced into the turn signal wires. The hardest part was fishing the new wires up into the area of existing wires (but even that was not hard). They are brand new lens, not a modification of the existing reflector lens. Total time for me to do this mod was about an hour. Hope this helps to answer your questions.
  • dchindchin Member Posts: 2
    The Trailer Prep Package (included in the "Touring Package")for the 2007 SantaFe includes:
    Transmission Cooler
    Upgraded Radiator
    Upgraded Engine Fans
    Trailer Pre-wiring

With the larger 242Hp engine, when combined with a trailer WITH brakes, it increases your tow capacity from 2000 lbs to 3500 lbs.

Yes, I think we all would like to see in addition, Higher amp Alternator, High Capacity Battery, Heavy duty Signal Relays, Oversized brakes, and Rear-suspension with auto-leveling air assist . . . the works, but I think we all realize, it's an SUV, not a real dedicated tow vehicle.
    BTW, the Veracruz has a stnd 3500 towing capacity . . . still no word on a "Tow Package" for the new comer to Hyundai yet. . . .
    Right now, just a factory HARNESS would be the Bomb!

NOTE: As per manual, make sure your nicely burn in at least 1200 NON-TOWING miles BEFORE you start towing anything with your new vehicle!!
    I just installed some OEM mudguards on my 2007 Santa Fe. If you want to see photos of how I did it, see here . It's fun to play with our toys :D

2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD with Premium and Touring packages
    Here is the link.
    http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_27_51&products_- id=467
    The site has many mods for the Santa Fe.
    Enjoy.