Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

Comments

• slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    XM radio ID is on channel 000. Access it by holding the seek button until the channel comes up.
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    "XM radio ID is on channel 000. Access it by holding the seek button until the channel comes up."

Yup. It's only accessible by using the seek button.
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    XM online is nice, my wife listens to it all the time when she is on her computer. While on the subject of XM, we let our subscription expire after the free 3 months, we missed our CD's. If you let it expire, XM will send you a letter offering you deals. The first letter was for $4.95 a month for 3 months. The next letter was $77 for a full year. We did start to miss XM, so we took the $77 deal, and we're glad to have it back. I've seen on other sites how some folks have renewed at this price for years.
  • bills3bills3 Member Posts: 5
    Thankyou all for your responses......Funny thing, I got home last night and there was mail from XM and it included my ID.........We love XM.......
  • zebzeb Member Posts: 57
    Well, I am 99% sure I am buying a Santa Fe SE on Tuesday! I have one question that I forgot to look for - do you guys know if the back cargo area has a cover so that you can put items back there without them being open to everyone to see? I like that with my hatchback, I can throw things in there and not be visible for thiefs.

I'm very excited (and also a little sick at the $$ - not a Mercedes cost, I know, but still!). Can't wait though!
  • skierbri10skierbri10 Member Posts: 32
    There is a cover but if you read around it sucks. Costs about $275 extra.
    Oh, well that's too bad. What do you do if you need to put something back there to keep it hidden? Maybe a tub or something?

Also can't decide between silver and steel grey. It's killing me! Steel grey appeals to me more at first sight, but I think silver would age better. Driving myself batty!
  • js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    Bought the cargo cover a few weeks ago for $275. Wouldn't go as far as saying it sucks, but it is not perfect. There are two sections to it - the main shade that rolls to the rear and two smaller shades that roll toward the seat. The reason for these additional shades is that the rear seat sections recline and these are supposed to move with them. The problem is that the hooks that attach to the rear seat headrest poles aren't nearly sturdy enough and the shades reel themselves back on their own. I just leave them unhooked. The main shelf is plenty sturdy and ends up covering about 90% of the cargo hold.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• cnodcnod Member Posts: 5
    Zeb,
    The cargo area was one of the "little" things that sold me on the Sante Fe. I carry laptops and other pricey items with me. In addition to the nicely tinted rear and side windows of the limited edition, there is a "hidden" cargo compartment in the deck of the rear cargo area. This recessed area has dividers you can move to adjust to your "hidden cargo". To make it less noticeable, I have the special floor mat made for the cargo area, that complete hides the "hidden cargo" area and the additional storage compartment for the car jack and tools area.

I would invets in the floor mat (if yours does not come with it) rather than the awkard cargo cover/shield that is much more expensive and cumbersome as folks have described.
    DC
  • ghd1959ghd1959 Member Posts: 24
    On a 07 Santa Fe 2.7 can I change my oil filter and oil myself or does it need to go to a shop>how complicated is it to get to the filter and drain plug>>>>
    The under-floor storage area (which is only on 5-passenger versions) is great. I use it all the time. If you need to cover the main storage area, the only solution I know of is the shade. If you buy the car, you might try getting the dealer to order you a shade at zero or reduced cost; you could try using it as a leverage point.

I'm curious - what do you mean when you say that you think silver would "age better"? If you're thinking that the gray will go out of style a few years down the road and look out of place, fear not. Like silver, white, and black gray (pretty much all shades) never goes out of style. I offer you two final suggestions:

1. Get the color that appeals to you the most; you'll end up with regrets if you second guess yourself.

2. Don't over-think or over-research this! Doing so will drive you crazy and you'll end up not getting a car that you like.
  • ghd1959ghd1959 Member Posts: 24
    Any answers??
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    tint the back windows....
  • chilidogchilidog Member Posts: 6
    I was compulsive about buying the cover for security, but have not used once since purchasing last March. With the "curtain rod" installed, it limits your ability to load things - groceries, suitcases for a trip to the airport etc. It's just in the way. Might want to save your bucks for awhile and see if you really need it.
  • chilidogchilidog Member Posts: 6
    My experience: 'requested the fix from Hyundai Customer Service last May; the courtesy light fix kit was installed last week. Along the way there were 3-4 follow up calls. Hyundai Customer Service reps apologized [always nicely] for the repeated delays, but said they had many back orders. My dealer, Fitzgerald Hyundai - Rockville MD, said I was the first to have this fix done by them. It took 2 hours, and I love the improvement in front entry lighting.
  • gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    Wow...seems like that map light fix was eons ago. it really was pretty dark up front before the fix now that I remember!

My entire experience with the 07 SF and Hyundai has been excellent. This is my 1st vehicle from them and I am really enjoying it. I am also very curious how it does in the snow (AWD SE Model) since I bought it at the end of last winter and did not have occasion to see how their AWD system does in the real world....The 50/50 lockout really has my attention as well!

I think I was one of the 1st on these boards to have my map lights "fixed" last spring. Took about 45 minutes (mine was the 1st the dealer had ever done (or for that matter even knew of).

No mess, bother or otherwise...Came on and worked great the 1st time and Hyundai was great and arranged everything including parts ordering etc... My service dept really makes it easy for me too! (and of all places...a Lithia dealer!!!)

I think since I have owned it last Feb, there were the map light fix and the outside temp TSB, Now a new window regulator is needed on the driver's side...no biggie though!...Pretty good for a new platform under any one's banner IMHO
  • lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    I had to purchase mine for around $270.00. It's ok, but the prongs that connect to the back seats don't stay put. But it does do the job of keeping things hidden from view. However, I have no clue how to take it out. I barely got some purchases from Lowes in there.
    I share your sentiments 100%, gizzer. I've had my Limited AWD for exactly 4 months and I'm exceptionally pleased with it. My wife and I just returned home from driving it to/from brunch; it was yet another very enjoyable drive in what we refer to as "The New Car". So far, the only thing I've had done is the tightening of the parking brake cable as it wouldn't hold the car in a stationary position. My dealer took care of it in less than 30 minutes and all has been great.

To anyone reading this who's on the fence about which mid-sized SUV to buy, I suggest this: Take a Santa Fe for a test drive. If you can, do it when it's dark enough to appreciate the blue interior lighting. Drive it on city streets as well as on the freeway; notice the solid build quality, smooth power train, and absence of road noise. Listen to the XM stereo and notice the sound quality, even with the standard audio system. Pay attention to the details e.g. auto-dimming inside mirror with compass and HomeLink, illuminated visor vanity mirrors, illuminated steering wheel buttons for cruise and the audio system, the forward/backward adjustable headrests (VERY cool), the excellent under-floor storage compartment (5-passenger models), the illuminated front cup holders(!), the standard ASC and traction control, and the list goes on. In the middle of all that, don't forget to pay attention to the overall "feel" of the car. It positively reeks of quality. I consider myself a bonafide "car guy" with a passion for anything automotive. (My other car is a current generation Corvette.) IMO, Hyundai hit a grand slam with the Santa Fe.
    mpuzach,

Yep - that's what I mean...I worry that the gray will go out of style. As far as trusting my instincts, many times I'll go for one thing and then wish I went for a different one down the line, so I'm trying to make the decision now that I'll be glad with in a few years!

Over-think - that's me. As soon as I settle on the silver, I think I want the gray. As soon as I settle on the gray, I want the silver.

Which (if you know) seems to be more popular with people on this board? I'm such a lemming!
    Zeb..

A suggestion...
    You are not buying this for anyone else but you...so what if Grey goes out of style (grey never goes out of style...Orange does though! :P . I suggest you buy what you want TOMORROW, never look back and enjoy it! There will always be something new to look at but if you want a car now...buy it now...or you will always be second guessing yourself!
  • maseacemaseace Member Posts: 32
    I have the 3.3L, and changing the oil is easy. The drain plug is easy to get to and the filter cap is up top right under the plastic top engine cover. The oil filter is not a metal housing like most, but a cylindrical paper element with plastic end caps (Fram CH9999, at Walmart for $5-6) Not sure if the 2.7L engine uses this type or not.
    I have no idea which color is more popular with members here. Color is such a personal choice, it's not realistic to choose one over another based on the opinions of people you don't even know. Still, I've given you mine - I suggest Steel Gray for all of the reasons I posted above. If you still can't decide, you may want to ask the opinion of the person in your life whose opinion you value most and then just go with it.
    Thanks; yes, I realize I'm being ridiculous about the color choice! I'll figure it out :)
    When I test drove the SE over the weekend, we noticed a burning smell once we were done. We asked the rep about it and he said that Hyundai sprays some kind of protective coating on the car for shipping and sometimes it gets on the exhaust and burns off. Does this sound correct?

Also, a friend had mentioned they got some factory upholstery protectant sprayed on, where the car company (not Hyundai) agrees to get any stains out, and if they can't, they will re-upholster. This kind of thing has always sounded like a 'gotcha' to me - any opinions?

Thanks again - sorry for my many, many random posts these past couple of weeks!
    I also have the 3.3 but I think the 2.7 is a different setup.

The 3.3 (as you mentioned) is the Old fashioned (but superior imho) system that uses a disposable replaceable paper element inside a permanent canister that is screwed onto the Engine A VERY SIMPLE STRAIGHT FORWARD NOT TOO MESSY JOB! Yeah, so it is not a screw off, screw on all in one solution! TOP MOUNTING FILTERS HAVE PROS AND CONS BUT IT IS SURE EASIER AS WE GET OLDER! I THINK TOYOTA USES TOP FILTER PLACEMENT TOO THESE DAYS. (NOT THAT I AM IN LOVE WITH THEIR QUALITY OF LATE)

You remove the paper element from the canister (dispose of properly), replace it into the canister with NEW filter element O rings and replace THE now cleaned out re-assembled filter + canister onto the block.

The "newer style" that we have become accustomed to... already has the paper element pre assembled inside the disposable metal (albiet preciously thin ....) canister (like that fram orange thing)... I have actually cut some styles from other autos apart out of curiosity. The jiffy Lube type specials are even lower quality! There are lots of short cuts these manufacturer's will go thru to save a few pennies on your expensive engine's life's blood...oil!

I like the new 3.3L's canister setup much better (My mini cooper had the filter/canister approach too!) there is no hiding poor materials either this way!.

The Fram type"all in one spin ons" are for the most part, Poor quality. (lower # of pleats, poor grade Filter material, cardboard end caps and ** poor quality by- pass valves, smaller and fewer drain holes!
    (yes i am an Old wrencher!)

RANT COMING!

Second choice after good oem on the newer style for me would be the WIX GOLD sold by NAPA (metal end caps, thicker materials and better quality by pass valves!)!!! Forget about the high priced stuff like Bosch, amsoil, K&N, filters etc...More crap! They just lease the NAME for brand recognition! Most are still champion, fram, puralator etc in sheeps clothing and nice consumer paint jobs

Fram used to be good stuff but is now Honeywell garbage. It is the filter one thinks of most when changing oil...the newer oil formulas are far superior to the old stuff....AND SYNTHETICS ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK THEY ARE (DINO BASED FOR THE MOST PART!)Amsoil is a better full syn. There are even 2 FULL syn Casteroils...One made here ...Junk, and one from Germany ...still good.

For 3-5000 mi changes , Dino is fine by me (if it meets the basic specs) and for 5000-7500 mi changes so is mobile one (dino stock too) beyond 7500 miles is flirting with trouble IMHO! You are saving how much $$ Per year on a $25,000 auto????

SURPRISE ...THE OLD STANDARD BLUE HONDA FILTER (BY FILTREC) IS NOW A BLUE HONEYWELL IN HONDA CLOTHING...GARBAGE....The oem hyundai is actually decent stuff and is my choice in this type.

With all that said, there are differences in those paper elements AND the all in one designs. In filtering, more surface area usually means better filtering

Just have a look at the sludged up heads on an extended oil service block...SLUDGE. What do they care once the warranty is over. Don't forget even though Hyundai makes substantial $$ on its recommended oil service...their warranty cost in the long run too so why mess with a long interval.

FWIW, after years of DIY oil changes, I am again having the dealer do them for me. iFor the $30 per chg, I get a good quality element and the no sqiggle" room for the dealer, for that long warranty and the possibility of stripped oil plugs and pans etc. I do not love the Bulk grade Pennzoil stuff but today's oil in any form is way different that the old dino formulas of yesteryear. Personally I do not go for that extended oil chg baloney...cheap insurance.
    I think I warned you...that smell will go away and is usually a prtectant on the engine....It is a real stinker too...NOW BUY THE THING...IT IS GETTING OLD WAITING FOR YOU! :P

ps FORGET THE FANCY DEALER ADD ONS LIKE PROTECTANT...THEY REALLY GET YA THERE...A COUPLE OF CANS OF 3M SCOTHCHGUARD IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO NUTS...JUST BUY THE DEALER BASICS They stick it too ya and the extras add up VERY Fast! IMHO...
    I agree completely with gizzer777. He's 100% correct. Get 'er done!
    A link to a good PDF w/ Pics (a 3.3 Sonata but you will get the idea...Sorry for the OT nature but this is a Keeper IMHO! Especially if This style is new to you
    http://jerrystout.us/sonata/tsb/diy_oil_change.pdf
    I'm going, I'm going! I'm down to the Platinum Sage or Silver now. I thought I saw a Sage in the parking lot today (at work), but maybe it was Khaki.
    Anyone have any real photos of the Sage?
    Keep in mind that the Platinum Sage one could very well have the beige interior. If so, you'll need to decide whether or not you like it. In addition, Platinum Sage has a far greater likelihood of looking "dated" in a few years than does Steel Gray or silver.
    Yes, that's why I initially dismissed the sage, but then I thought it didn't look too green (but I think I only saw it in the shade). Anyway, I think I've decided on the Silver and the price is as follows:

- 64 mudguards
    125 doc fee
    1384.50 tax
    15 title
    8 plate transfer
    24482.50 total
    2000 ($1500 rebate plus $500 HMFC Bonus for financing)
    22482.50 total due

I guess here in Michigan, you have to pay tax on the total before the rebate. Still, I think this is a good deal (I was never looking for the lowest, lowest price because there's only so much time I can devote to this, I just wanted a fair price from a nice dealership and that seems like it is). I'm exhausted!
  • mcq1mcq1 Member Posts: 103
    Hey what about the natural kaki..i think is a beautiful car if you get it with the black interior.
    I haven't seen that color, but I've heard it's pretty green. Too late, I've committed to the silver now, and I'm happy with that. I'll pick it up on Wednesday.
    Yey, phew, and I'm pooped!
    CONGRATULATIONS.... You will enjoy it...Do keep us updated on how you like it...no question you will
  • lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    You will love your SF. I didn't get the Platinum Sage because it looked too green to me as well. I was surprised by how much I like the golden beige. It isn't a "plain" color like I thought it would be. The metallic helps. I have the beige interior and yes I have to clean a bit more often, but it's worth it when it's really hot.
  • edmac1edmac1 Member Posts: 36
    There are several problems with these instructions. First, you need to loosen the filter and let it drain for several minutes before you drain the crankcase. Otherwise the oil in the filter canister will stay there and get mixed with the new. You'll notice this when you wind up with an overfilled crankcase if you add the full 5 1/2 quarts the specs call for. Second, it is absolutely essential, according to the Hyundai service manual (hmaservice.com), to replace the two O rings with the new ones that come with the filter (at least with the OEM filter). Hyundai also recommends that you replace the old drain plug washer with a new so-called crush washer. I've changed the oil on a lot of other cars and always re-used the old washer, with no problems, but Hyundai says use a new one.
    I agree, but it is a good BASIC start. Learned about draining the filter into the crankcase in the Mini Cooper (usually as soon as you "break" the canister pressure seal, the oil drains from the canister in a hurry! (if you don't wait...it's Exonn Valdez time in your garage!...helps keep the mess out and works well.

I have always changed out the crush washer (Honda V-Tech also still uses them as well as others I presume) as recommended (they are also old fashioned but are meant to crush for a seal..I have on occasion seen reused ones fatigue. then crack and leak and for the few pennies, why take a chance.), and o rings though (heck they come with the oem filter, why not!)..

Also, BTW: do notice the author's cute little disclaimer.../he is not a tech writer for HMA

and also, Thanks for your input ON THIS TOPIC AS WELL!!!!...Makes these forums valuable for all! input...As I said. It gives folks that have never seen this filter arrangement the general idea and they are NOT official by any means! I give a lot of credit to the guy who took the time and effort to write them up!

There are a lot of things that I have learned to do differently thru the years if only to protect those valuable warranties! (major motivation for me due the the outrageous repair charges gotten by manufacturers these days once the warranty is over) Watched Mini/BMW pull that stuff that to folks too! ALWAYS WONDERED HOW MUCH WE ARE PAYING (IN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE AUTO) FOR THAT HUGE WARRANTY...HMA IS SMART TO ONLY LIMIT THE POWERTRAIN PORTION TO THE ORIG OWNER...) I do know a MINI CVT replacement can cost about $7500...and you can't rebuild the "sealed unit" sort of like an expensive ipod! :shades:
    As far as oil level goes...I still would do it the old fashioned way (now I let the service guys play with it)...get close and add, get closer and add a little more until the level is correct. Just My way...to old to chg now! It is always easier to add oil than drain an overfill
    Of course some old oil is still left in the lines even if you drain it overnight...I would still prefer to drain/fill with warm oil)

Still will let my dealer do it for the price though! I will relax over coffee in the service waiting room thank you :) When warranties were (and still are with others) 3 yrs...I would do it my way when it was over...but with 10yr/100,000 power train warranty at stake.....NO MAS! Like who ever (in the old days) used a torque wrench on an oil drain plug...It was wrenchuntil it begans to tighten, and add 1/4 turn or so until REASONABLE AND NO LEAKS WERE FOUND! (and the old fashioned crush washer was crushed (couldn't resist...sorry!)

On the other hand, the Mini EXTENDED oil service at 10k and then 15K is a joke...I never let it go past 7500mi period (would you drive 250 RT miles for a free oil chg...NOT ME!I actually stripped out the pan on an Honda Vtech tightening one to their published torque spec! (the wrench was a properly calibrated Craftsman too...should have been a little give room...and I knew better too!It just "felt wrong"
    You made a good choice and I know you're going to enjoy your Santa Fe. Let us know once you pick 'er up.
    All in fun ZEB...

SUGGEST. YOU BRING A DESIGNATED DRIVER, A VALIUM, AND DARK SUNGLASSES! There is no feeling I can remember when it comes to picking up your new auto (AFTER YOU ARE FINISHED SIGNING AND INITIALIALING ALL THAT STUFF!

I guess i am dated though...did not want to stir the pot, but my SF SE is Platinum Sage
    and I do not even like green! I just did not want white or black and wanted the darker interior! (the Nevada desert is ONE DIRTY PLACE!)I think Hyundai did a great job in picking out its 07 color lineup...something for all. I just wish the cloth came in a darker shade for the interiors...Leather is not a good idea in our climate...I also wanted the heated seats which i had to give up on at the time or get a limited which i did not need the way the dealer's were packaged...oh well...next time i guess!

I give you a lot of credit for stickin it out and would have done anything to watch your salesperson squirming as you went round and round (the sadist in me!)

Let us know after you pick it up...no doubt you will love it!
  • mcq1mcq1 Member Posts: 103
    Congrats...I am holding out for the 2008. I like the natural kakki and the silver.
    So as I get ready to head to the dealership tomorrow, I am reminded that I still have more (!) questions.

I'm going to use the financing but pay it off after one month - someone mentioned about gap insurance, etc, etc...am I going to be presented with a bunch more 'do you want this?' during the process that I don't know about yet? Can I turn everything down since I'm going to pay it off in a month?

What's this I'm reading about an extended warranty? Is this just the stuff like windshield/tires, or something more?

Thanks!
    Now this really depends on the type of insurance you now carry. Usually you just call your own insurance company and give them the VIN # (bring your policy# and company name (state Insurance card?) with you when you go for the pickup.

I do know one thing, if you buy any insurance from a dealer, you will be raped for sure! Most states give you a temp registration good for a period of time....THIS IS NOT A DEALER GIFT EITHER! (and it must have a current smog in most states as well

DO NOT LET THEM SLIP ANY MORE CHARGES IN ON YOU!!!! PERIOD! IT IS A LITTLE LATE TO BE CONSIDERING EXTENDED WARRANTYS...STRICTLY PERSONAL TASTE...I JUST SAY NO...BIG PROFIT ITEM FOR THEM.EACH TO THEIR OWN.WINDSHIELDS ARE USUALLY COVERED BY YOUR OWN COMPREHENSIVE (if at all) AND NORMAL WEAR ITEMS ARE USUALLY NOT COVERED AT ALL (BATTERY ETC...TIRES HAVE THEIR OWN CRUMMY PRO RATA WARRANTY FROM THE MAKER)

remember the included roadside assistance program...the phone number is on a decal on the rear passenger window....

This should be VERY easy
    1) SIGN ALL THE GARBAGE AFTER INSPECTING AND POSSIBLY FINAL DRIVING THE CAR (look for small dings/scratches/touch up marks.....CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE JACK, TOOLS (IF ANY), SPARE TIRE ETC ARE ALL THERE!!!. Don't laugh...salesmen swipe stuff off lot cars all the time to complete their own sale! Mine had a leaky (let water in) tail light. The salesman had the service guy change it with a good one from a lot car on the spot so I completed the deal then!!

ANYTHING MISSING OR JUST NOT RIGHT...MAKE THEM SIGN IT ON A due bill!) no verbals....

If your auto locks are not set and you want them set...make them put it on a due bill to be done at first oil chg...OR CALL THEM NOW TO HAVE THEM SET THEM...IF YOU WISH.
    2) GIVE THEM YOUR $$
    3) DRIVE THAT PUPPY HOME!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

One last thing...make sure they check/top off ALL fluid levels...FREE full tank of gas, and that the tires are 30lbs COLD!!! (They usually have them overinflated at the lot!
  • enrouteenroute Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for reminding us new Santa Fe owners. Actually I placed my order this morning of a 07 Santa Fe GLS AWD, which is the highest level of Santa Fe in Canada. I will pick up the puppy tomorrow afternoon. I'm eager to sit in her leather seat and enjoy sunshine from the moon roof.

Still many friends doubt my decision to go for a Korean car but this is a decision after more than one year of research, comparison, and test drives. I hope my Santa Fe won't let me down. :):)
  • slk70slk70 Member Posts: 12
    Gap insurance is provided to cover possible losses due to the immediate depreciation on the car after sale. If an accident occured shortly after purchase, your insurance wouldn't cover the purchase price of the car, only the depreciated value remaining. The dealership is concerned the buyer would default on the remaining amount in such a scenario. Some dealers will require you get gap insurance if you down put enough of a down payment on the car to cover the depreciation hit. If you put enough of a down payment on the car, gap insurance isn't required. Again it really only comes into play in the event of a total loss shortly after purchase.

Here's some financing tips. Make sure there is no penalty for paying the loan off early. Also given you are planning to pay it off right off the bat, try to make sure your financing involves simple interest as opposed to amortorized interest (where the interest is primarly paid up front, then the principal).
    I hear you about the friends thing. My neighbor is disgusted that I am not buying American. Hyundai still has a certain 'shhh' aspect to it when people ask what you drive, but hopefully it will serve us well and we'll be glad we bought a great (affordable) car. My friend bought a Mercedes in 2001 for $79K (crazy), and it is now worth $20K. To me, that's not so great!
    I'm picking mine up tonight!
    Good to know! I had no idea and will remember should I ever get myself into that position.
  • enrouteenroute Member Posts: 17
    Well, in Vancouver, Canada people aren't so keen at buying American cars. (Ontario, maybe) Most of my friends drive Japanese or European brands cars. Korean cars have bad reputation among people here, but I dare to buy the new Santa Fe to see if my research ability needs to be abolished. :)

1.5 hours to pick up my Santa Fe. I'll let you know how I love or hate it. :shades:
  • maseacemaseace Member Posts: 32
    If anyone complains to Santa Fe owners that they did not buy American, remind them it was designed and built in the USA, and contains 35% American parts!
    Funny...Buy an American brand and it is probably assembled in Mexico, Canada, or who knows where...buy a Honda, Toyota and it is probably made in the USA with mostly Japanese parts,.. buy a Sante fe or Sonata and it is probably made in Alabama...NUTS!

RELIABILITY...WHERE IS THAT MADE???
  • missgadgetmissgadget Member Posts: 4
    I am looking into purchasing 2007 Santa FE Limited AWD 3.3 V6 or SE AWD 3.3 V6 Can anyone suggest a reputable Hyundai dealer in New York state (Buffalo, Rochester area) whose services you used before importing your vehicle into Canada. What's the process, total cost and time frame. How many visits does the whole process require?
    Your advice is highly appreciated.:blush: