Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Santa Fe 2007+

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    rmcbainrmcbain Member Posts: 50
    Hi: Next time you are in for service ask the service department to take them off. It is relatively easy as you just open the tab at the back of the side rails and slide the bars out. It took me five minutes once I figured out where to lift the tab to open. I noticed the Santa Fe was quieter with them off. No wind noise now.
  • Options
    counselor4444counselor4444 Member Posts: 47
    Excuse my ignorance... we just bought a new 09 Santa Fe (SE FWD) and we noticed that there is no 1 or 2 Gear to use when it snows. Am I crazy? Or is that something you use the shiftronic for? Please explain how. Thanks.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Excuse my ignorance... we just bought a new 09 Santa Fe (SE FWD) and we noticed that there is no 1 or 2 Gear to use when it snows. Am I crazy? Or is that something you use the shiftronic for?

You got it - Shiftronic is made for you to manually select gears. I'm not sure whether or not you can start in first gear (I can in my Accords that don't have a manumatic transmission by simply putting my selector in "2"). For engine braking and to prevent gear hunting, however, use manumatic.
  • Options
    bobclarbobclar Member Posts: 8
    I own a SantaFe 2007 with the same tranny. It works like a charm. For the last 20 years I have had all wheel and four wheel. This SantaFe tranny does not take a back seat to any of the above. Read your manual and it will discribe how it works. You will love it.
    Bob C
  • Options
    togrovetogrove Member Posts: 25
    This might be a dumb question, but how is a Santa Fe All-Wheel-Drive better than a Front-Wheel-Drive? When will I notice a difference between SF AWD and FWD? On a snowy day, a new ('09) SF FWD has Electronic Stability Control to help you be in control, then how is AWD better? Otherwise, if you don't make sharp turns, how is SF AWD different from FWD? Some of my friends strongly recommend getting an AWD, some others say FWD is go enough. Do you guys have specific reasons why one way is better than the other? Tia.
  • Options
    maseacemaseace Member Posts: 32
    ESC is only useful when you are already moving and have to suddenly swerve to avoid an obstacle, etc (it brakes individual wheels to keep you from spinning out of control).

AWD helps you get moving when starting from a stop on a slippery surface by sending power to the rear wheels in addition to the front wheels.

Traction control only keeps you from spinning your wheels when accelerating on a slippery surface by cutting engine power to the wheels when a wheel starts to slip.
  • Options
    unlimited_oneunlimited_one Member Posts: 1
    Buy Buy and Buy you will never regret it. I had a 2003 / 2006 and 2007 Santa Fe never any major problems. Forget Rav and Chevy I swear you won't regret it
  • Options
    I purchased a 2007 Santa Fe Limited new in November and have only changed the wiper blades and had the emergency brake adjusted. Great car, super ride and what a bargain. Just ensure that you keep an eye on the rear brakes as they can be of some concern with corrosion.
    Good luck with your purchase :)
  • Options
    Hello: What would you like to ask about the HID kits I installed.
  • Options
    nexusonenexusone Member Posts: 1
    STAY AWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY FROM ALL NAPLETON AUTO GROUP DEALERS, ESPECIALLY HYUNDAI...

HERE IS WHAT THEY DO:::::::::;;

CAR COMES WITH AN 19500 MSRP, FAIR LIKE THE LAW REQUIRES

THEY ADD A LEGAL LOOKING SHEET NEXT TO IT CALLED AN ADDENDUM AND THEY ADD SENSELESS WORDS LIKE EXTRA SECURITY PACKAGE (LIE, IT IS SAME FACTORY STUFF), OR OTHER WORDS LIKE APPEARANCE PACKAGE (IT ALREADY IS AN SE MODEL BUT THEY TELL YOU THE FOG LIGHTS AND OTHER STUFF IS DEALER INSTALLED, ANOTHER LIE) ANYWAY, THEY ARE ABOUT 2 GRAND MORE AT THIS TIME WITH THE LEGAL LOOKING SHEET (ADDENDUM)...

THEY ARE THE WORST PLACE TO GO ANYWAY, THEY JUST WANT TO STICK YOU WITH ANYTHING THEY HAVE AND MAKE YOU SIGN SAME DAY ....
    STAY AWAY THERE IS SO MUCH MORE I DONT HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN....

THIS IS A CROOK HEAVEN AND THEY DO IT WITH A SMILE, DONT BE FOOLED...

RUN RUN RUN DONT WALK.
  • Options
    navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please write up a Dealer Review too.

I wouldn't use ALL CAPS though; looks like you are yelling and it's hard to read so most people skip posts like that.
  • Options
    gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
  • Options
    gabsdadgabsdad Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I am having this same problem with my "new to me" 2007 Santa Fe. Did you ever figure out how to get more heat to come out on the floor ?

Thanks
  • Options
    niravshahniravshah Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

This may be stupid question. But I own 2007 Santa Fe SE model without third row. When I bought I didn't need the third row. But now I am really in need for third row. Is there any way to install third row in my car. I am not in situation to buy new one right now.

I will really appreciate if some body can provide me info on this.

Thanks.
  • Options
    kdconodkdconod Member Posts: 53
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong bu the Santa Fe never had a third row until this year.

But it may be possible to find a third party company, say for example:
    http://www.littlepassengerseats.com/hyundai.html

(One has to wonder though how safe something like this is without being attached to the body of the vehicle.)
  • Options
    denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    The third row seat in the 2nd generation Santa Fe was available in the 2007-08-09 model years. It wasn't very popular (or common), and was discontinued for 2010 in North America.
  • Options
    niravshahniravshah Member Posts: 2
    Santa Fe 2007 definitely has third row. See the link. http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/santa-fe/2007/.

Thanks for providing link for third party company. But I agree with you that we cannot be sure how safe they are. Does anybody has experience with this kind of seats?

Also if somebody can tell me if Hyundai can install third row in my car or not?

Regards,

Nirav
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Probably not, but for the same safety and liability concerns. The floor pan likely isn't factory prepped for those seats in your model, and adding seats would mean drilling holes and adding reinforcements.

You might try a conversion van kind of place or ask around at some body shops.