Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Taurus Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• txbricklayertxbricklayer Member Posts: 16
    Picked up an SEL on Tuesday (Conroe, Tx) with the $3,000 package and leather.
    Total MSRP--$32,390.
    Paid $29,794, plus the usual kickers.
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, check out http://www.truecar.com/index.html.
    The site claims to report real prices paid in a specific area.

As a side note, I sold my 2008 Acadia with under 15,000 miles to Carmax for
    $27,000. When I found out the trade-in value, I couldn't resist dumping the GMC.
  • tomcatt630tomcatt630 Member Posts: 124
    Posts from 2009 were saying the '10 Taurus was priced too high. But, it turned out to be a big hit. :shades:

It's NOT the 'rebate queen' the old mid-sized Taurus was in 90's and 00's. :lemon:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter for a major newspaper is looking for a new Taurus buyer who used to own a Lincoln vehicle. If you just purchased a new Ford Taurus, please send your daytime phone number to [email protected] by June 14.

Thanks,
    Chintan Talati
    Edmunds.com
    Corporate Communications

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• th125th125 Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody explain two things:
    Why the Taurus is not being advertised by Ford
    Why there are so few of them in inventory
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Sensible dealers don't order them because they know the vehicle is over priced, especially the SHO.

I suspect dealer groups get together and each order different models and colors of Taurus so if a customer wants a Red Sho, one of the other dealers may have it for trade.

I've noticed most of the SHO's are over loaded with options not needed by most in this economy. Some by as much as $5,000 list. :(

IMO $34750 would be a fair cash price for a Taurus SHO colored Red with NO other options aboard.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is hoping to talk with someone who is shopping for a new Taurus or recently bought one. If you care to share your story, please email your daytime contact information and your brief thoughts on the car to [email protected] no later than Friday, July 23, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jennel802009jennel802009 Member Posts: 2
    What I would like to know is why would anyone pay $25K-40K, for a Ford Taurus? Sure it looks nice, but just give it a while and you'll be buying a new transmission for it in no time. I think that they are nice and wouldn't mind owning any Ford Taurus, but to pay that much money for it, is ridiculous.
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Member Posts: 50
    I spent a 1000 miles in a 2010 Taurus Limited courtesy of National Car Rental last month. San Francisco to Reno and back over the Sierra Mountains. While I don't think the new Taurus is packaged very efficiently (back seat is kinda small for the size of the car), but it was a good drive. Nice power, excellent handling through the Sierra's and very nicely built and finished. My rental had 14k on it and not a rattle, squeak or loose trim item. While I do think 35k for a Taurus seems hard to stomach, it's due to the association with Taurus of old, not because the car itself is overpriced. I'd say it compares very favorably with a Chrysler 300, Toyota Avalon, Buick LaCrosse, etc. And as far as long term reliability goes (the transmission comment, above), my personal experience with three Ford products in the past 10 years, all with over 90k miles each would tell me that's unfounded, as I've had no significant problems with my Navigator, Focus or Excursion.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    Why do you think that the transmission will need to be replaced 'in no time'? Do you know anything about the new 2010 model? Do you know that the 6 speed auto that is used in this car is shared across the Ford & GM lineup and that this transmission was designed/engineered by both companies? I'm doubting any transmission problems with the new 6 speed auto.
  • jennel802009jennel802009 Member Posts: 2
    Because that is what the Taurus is known for. It doesn't matter what kind of engine or transmission it has. A Ford Taurus is not worth 25-40 grand.
  • shakes67shakes67 Member Posts: 9
    2011 Ford Taurus Limited AWD sterling grey no moonroof
    package 303A multi contour seats , navigation , adaptive cruise control
    Car.........36,850.00 minus discounts/rebates 2,000.00 add tax/title NYS rape / rate
    dealer....Fullerton Ford Somerville, New Jersey
    purchased the extended warranty....
    Ford ESP Premium Care 500+ cost 1635.00 from Harold Zeigler Automotive Group....just google it for website.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    So what did you pay?
  • whatmorecanyouwhatmorecanyou Member Posts: 4
    Hey whatmorecanyousay, I felt the same
    about the car legacy while coming down from
    owning 5 new Lincolns over 20 years.
    My experience with this ford product was outstanding.
    These cars where only in the shop for routine work
    with only one having a minor warranty covered problem.
    Twenty Years 7 lux cars with GM had me convinced that going to
    the shop for service problems 4 times a year was NORMAL

I went to my loyal Lincoln Ford dealer after retirement and told
    him I had to step down from the lux cars and I was not looking forward
    to loosing my quiet and lux ride. He suggested the new Tar Tar and I flipped
    and said NO NO NOT me. He said drive it. I did My wife agreed that it had
    a similar ride and feel and to her greater ease of entry and exit than the Our Lincoln
    about to be traded. We darn she was right you slide in not down and in.

Wow we are just rounding 35k miles and NOT a problem. I thought there was
    something wrong with the high MPG showing on the computer on road trips.
    For the first time we were getting the numbers on the window for H MPG.
    My observation is that the 6 speed tranny with the 3.5lt engine was doing it.
    I also noticed that the may be several coast accents to the drive train that
    are not lost in the usual auto transmissions of the past. The unit seems to
    capture the generated momentum and lets the wheels have it returned to the road.

This car is underestimated and you have to forget the Model Name. The new tar tar
    is nothing like the old one in ride comfort (experience with relatives in tars) , power train and much more space and a trunk like a Lincoln, and yes it is quiet like a Lincoln. Yes you do get the advertised MPG. Yes it is reliable and I am very happy that my trusted people put me in the right transition car at 20+k less
    than a Lincoln
    whatmorecanyousay
  • craigfordsalescraigfordsales Member Posts: 31
    I have a 2013 Taurus SHO with MFT and I performed the September update sitting in my driveway. looking like a fool (Most updtes from Ford take as much as an hour and you MUST have the car running! I am an IT professional and I can reformat and reboot a full computer in 15 minutes yet this system, which should have had over the air automatic updates from day one, takes an hour! It worked fairly well for a couple of months. Then everything started to develop little ghost issues. Stop at a rest stop, come back to car, take off, volume control does not work. Stop again, now it works and Nav. stopped. So I went to a dealer for the January 2013 "Upgrade" and things have been worse sense. every other day the car says 911 out, call dealer, Nav out, call dealer. Not wanting to waste another day at a Ford dealer I called the 800 number for Ford Customer No Service. After 30 minutes spoke with a nice man who agreed my problem needed to be "Escalated" expect a call the next day. No call, I called again third day, Forth day, I get my "Escalation" call. After the first 30 seconds of "Your call will be recorded, Lawyer, Lawyer" speak I knew I had nothing more then another clerk. Yep, she suggests all I can do is take another day off of work and go back to a Ford dealer (where I know everyone and they are fed up with irate customers too) Ford will not compensate you for lost wages or time. I have 16 months left on this thing (lease) and I will be done with Ford. I live in Detroit, what a shame. Bottom line, they used a cheap Sanyo head end combined with awful software and none of you will ever be free of this mess. Good luck!
  • goodricsgoodrics Member Posts: 25
    Hi,
    Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2013 and 2014 Taurus Limited for 36 months and 12000 miles a year.