Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey Tires/Wheels

lyle44lyle44 Member Posts: 3
This is a great van,however,BEWARE, the run flat tires on the touring package, are michelin pax.I have 27,000 miles on then and they are worn out.both honda and michelin say that's all you can expect from those tires,and will do nothing about it.they are warr. for 30,000 miles...the tires are $180.00,then a gel pack $15.00 and $40.00 labor.. special equip and special trained personel,who may not be there, as in my case.I went 2 miles on a flat to a dealer,a nail, however the sidewall was split by the time i got there,no repair had to get a new tire.so much for the 55mph and 100 miles.not all michelin dealers are equip. to handle these tires,so you may wait a few days for a replacement,honda does not put in a spare..a $1000.00 every two years for a set tires..I have had these tires rotated,and I'm 63 and don't do turns on two wheels.

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Welcome to CarSpace Forums!

You may also be interested in this discussion: Run-flat, self-sealing, PAX tires for Minivans
  • ducksdad007ducksdad007 Member Posts: 18
    Bought a new 2007. The road is kinda bumpy. The info says 35 psi for the front tires and 32 for the rear. I have never put that much air in tires. I tried adjusting the front to 30 psi and 28 in the rear. The tire pressure low light stayed on continuiosly.Is there any way to run lower pressure in tires for a smoother ride?
  • craigontheboatcraigontheboat Member Posts: 5
    We just purchased an 07 EX-L. When test driving this vehicle we drove it down a smooth blacktop road. I notice a night and day difference from a smooth blacktop to a concrete poured road or grainy blacktoped road. This vehicle gets very loud on anything but a smooth surface. I was wondering if anyone has found that by putting a different tire on this van if it helps? It just seems to me that the Michelin tires that come on this van are a loud tire and maybe there is a quieter tire out there.
    Bridgestones are loud too on the Oydyssey. I saw some spray on underproofing at Wally-World, I think I will try that.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Funny thing, people over in the Accord forum are complaining about the "loud" Michelins MMXs on their '08's. CRV owners are complaining about the noisy Bridgestone Duelers.

It's the car not the tires. Every year consumer reports slams Honda for road noise in every one of their cars. The Odyssey is no exception. Honda wants their buyers to feel connected with the road...I call it being cheap. You never hear people complaining about road noise in their Toyotas, Nissans, & even Hyundais.

Let me know how your sprayproofing project works out. I don't think it is going to stick to the plastic wheel well liners. I remember using that stuff on my old cars that were made of steel.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    that Hondas traditionally have a lot of road-noise, though switching tires helps a little. Somehow the factory tires combined with the lack of sound-deadening material makes for a killer combination of road noise...
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Is there any way to run lower pressure in tires for a smoother ride?

Personally I would never run a lower pressure than recommended just for a smoother ride. Low pressure coupled with heat and weight is what caused the Firestone debacle with the Explorer.
  • poocatpoocat Member Posts: 35
    I just put on a set of 235-65-16 Bridgestone Blizzack WS60 winter tires with steel wheels on my '06 EXL-RES. I have 35 psi air in the tires and find that these tires ride very rough. I am very disappointed in the ride comfort of these tires because you can feel a constant vibration in the steering wheel and through the leather seats. It seems to be coming from the tread design because it doesn't matter if you are going 5 km/h or 100 km/h the vibration feels the same. The tires were balanced when I bought them and don't think that's the problem. The vibration wasn't there until I changed the OEM Michelin LX4's over to the Blizzacks. Our '04 Civic has the Michelin X-Ice tires and they ride like a set of all season tires and we are totally happy with them. I wish that Michelin made the X-Ice in 235-65-16 but they don't. I only have about 100 km on the WS-60 tires, has anybody experienced the same thing?
  • kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    Unfortunately, I have no experience with these particular tires but did have a similar experience with WinterSports at one point. Turned out that a tire was out of balance. As a reasonably easy test, I would try putting the front tires on the rear and vice-versa. If the problem goes away or changes in intensity, then it's ~probably~ a problem with one tire. If not, then it's probaby the tread design. In the past, I've had "balanced" tires that weren't balanced. Good luck!
  • preferlexuspreferlexus Member Posts: 2
    My Honda dealer told me, at 9,400 miles, that the rear PAX tire tread was very worn and I would have to replace the tires within the next 5,000 to 7,500 miles! Unbelievable. So I went on-line to do a little research on tires (specifically the Odyssey PAX system) and found a message board that led me to a class action lawsuit that was recently filed. I think as many Odyssey owners as possible should know! Go to
    http://www.sfmslaw.com and look at their current cases. You'll find a link to American Honda Motor Company and Michelin North America, Inc. I'm so glad that something is being done about these tires. I didn't want them to begin with, but the touring model didn't offer a choice.
  • miguel4miguel4 Member Posts: 12
    Both Odyssey and Accord have taken the wrong design directions. I quote a known magazine comentary that communicated that Saturn has already tried the lines on the new Accord. I agree...As for the Odyssey, compare the nice design of the C pillar on the previous model. This may be the best mvan in the market but that's because the Sienna does not have the right suspension. steering, and front grille. The Odyssey still has a bad quality reputation and Honda struggles to deliver the low noise levels down. Listen how the engine noise gets into the cabin from both the driver and the passenger foot wells. The noise levels did not improve with the new model. Also, Honda has failed to improve the transmissions. They still do not match the level of finess and longevity of Toyota and GM. Drive a Honda with over 30K miles and the transmission wines like a coffee maker. The same problem plagues the Accord and some Acuras. I whished someone at Honda is listening and passing on to management because the potential is huge. Not to mention that a quick survey will highlight that Honda chooses color intensities that miss the mark. The benchmark is Chrysler, GM, and Toyota. I have also notice that the paint quality has gone down. Look at the paint finish on the Odyssey. It is now reminiscent of Ford several years back. Look close at the paint finish from the side of the front fenders, doors, side panels, and compare with the mirror finish offered by the competition. Look at Slate green, the odd looking mocha, and silver colors. This days even Ford has decided to apply a better paint finish. Both Accord and Odyssey can pick 5-10 market share points if improvements are made "pronto". Honda, please adapt and respond. Start with the transmissions, then noise levels, while the body shop applies mirror looking finishes.
  • kbaker7544kbaker7544 Member Posts: 1
    I have tried a couple of different times to remove the rear tire off my 2000 Odyssey. I have removed all 5 lug nuts, but it still won't come off. I see no locking mechanism but there must be one can anyone give me any help on this.
    Your wheel is frozen onto the hub by corrosion.

THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE DONE WITH THE VEHICLE ON JACK STANDS

Remove the lug nuts and hit the back side of the tire with a rubber mallet to break the bond.

THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE TRIED AT YOUR OWN RISK

If the above doesn't work, slightly loosen but do not remove the lug nuts from the wheel studs. Drive up and down your driveway a couple of time and brake hard to break the bond.

Before replacing the tire, apply some anti-sieze compound (about $5 at the auto parts store) to the back of the wheel and the face of the hub so this won't happen again.
  • wilks1wilks1 Member Posts: 2
    I always change my tires at 25000 miles for the past 35 years of driving no matter what tire or what car. Do you think tires last forever?. New tires make a car run like new. What's the big deal???They are really the least expensive insurance you can buy.. plus the pleasure of a newride??? No better deal in town....
    What king of tires cost $1000. I always use Michelin and they are nowhere near that.
    Run flats - the Michelin PAX tires cost a fortune.
  • celiamtzceliamtz Member Posts: 1
    What kind of tires are on 08 Touring if you don't get the PAX tires?

Thanks!
  • lyle44lyle44 Member Posts: 3
    Next time I would have the dealer put on wheels and tires from the next model down. The PAX wheels are metric size, 15, or 16 inch tires will not fit.Pax tires also require special equipment and trained personel to change them,who had already gone home the day I went in.We had to wait until the next day to get a tire changed. $281.00 per tire.Warr 30000 miles.If the dealer won't do it,at least get a spare,they don't come with one.
  • darcanddarcand Member Posts: 3
    I HATE MY PAX SYSTEM.. TIRE WEAR IS TERRIBLE AND I OWN AN ALIGNMENT SHOP.. I'M CHANGING MY WHEELS AND TIRES TO CONVENTIONAL.. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GOOD RECCOMMENDATION?

MY QUESTION, IF I USE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE SENSORS, WILL THE CARS COMPUTER SELF CALIBRATE TO THE NEW SENSORS AND WORK WITHOUT THE RUN FLAT TIRES??

HELP

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..

DAN
    I'm running Michelins but have to run with 30 psi which is a hard ride. Can you get sensors with different pressure sensors?
  • grandpa4grandpa4 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 07 Honda Odyssey EXL and got two Blizzek tires for the front wheels and got two new rims to have them mounted so I could change back and forth depending on the season. BUT now I understand from the dealer that there can only be 4 sensors at a time programed to the van. Since it is not a touring (with wheel location) will the van just recieve pressure info. from whatever wheel that is installed (blizzek or regular)? I've been told that if I switch from snow tires/wheels to regular tires/wheels I will have to have the computer reprogramed to the wheels that are installed at a cost of $60 to $80 for re-programing. OR just have the tires remounted /balanced on the original rims . If so I guess I've wasted the cost of a pair of wheels and sensors. appreciate any comments Grandpa4
    You really should go with 4 snow tires as you do need traction on the rears as well - snows just on the front improves traction on starting but will probably make stopping or emergency moves dangerous as the rear can break loose and come around on you.

As for the TPMS, you can either purchase sensors to mount to your new rims - tirerack.com has them - or IIRC just ignore the warning light when the snows are on.

Good luck.
  • grandpa4grandpa4 Member Posts: 2
    I guess my question really is ----if I have new sensors on the two new rims for the snow tires, in the winter, will the van computer recognize them (that they have proper pressure) ? Or do I really have to reprogram the van to make the TPMS work properly. AND THEN when I change back to the original tires and rims do I have to reprogram the van again to recognize the original wheels again? I can see this on the Touring because it has each wheel location seperate but the EXL (my van) does not, only presure and I would think it would only need the pressure reading. So I would think the van wouldn't care what wheel was on as long as there was a pressure sensor there? Grandpa4
  • oregondudeoregondude Member Posts: 1
    After reading some of the forums for info. I went to Les Schwab in the northwest part of the country to get replacements. They removed the TPMS sensors from the PAX rims and installed them on the new rims for me at 19.95 ea. Cheaper than buying new sensors. As for wheels, I bought Beyern, Mesh Chromes, $277.89 ea.(prod. code 03366812) 17x8 with Les Schwab's Tourevo, $177.59 ea. (prod. code 08746988) all seasons blackwall, size 225/60R-17. Total cost was $2012.00 OTD. Felt I was treated fair. The tires are supposed to preform well in snowy conditions. I drove in lot's of rain and some icee slush with no problem. They ran OK 1000 miles down the 5 freeway from Oregon to So. Calif. I thought there was some wheel shimmy every so often but it was probably the road as it came and went with different areas of the highway. When I drove them on roads I was used to they were good.
    Now I'm trying to find a spare tire that fits into the well in back on the left side of my 06 touring van. Dealer price is about $200 for tire and rim. Anybody know of an alturnitive fix for less? Tried a donut from a 2000-2001 Chevy S-10, same bolt pattern but needed wheel plate to get it away from caliper and it wouldn't fit into my spare space. For now I'm packing around one of my PAX tires, but its big and heavy. Any suggestions before I call Honda parts desk?
  • cmcaldwellcpacmcaldwellcpa Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know whether the new 2008 Touring wheels (NON-PAX) will fit the 2005 Touring model, including compatibility with the TPMS system? I just bought the 2005 Touring van and need to replace the PAX tires (not happy about that!!), and DON'T intend on keeping the PAX system.

If the 08 OEM wheel package won't fit, does anyone have any suggestions on OEM replacements, as I would like to keep the TPMS system? Will the 2004+ Acura TL (five-star) wheels w/TPMS fit on the 2005 Odyssey? Thanks for any advice can give!
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    I would say the 07-08 18" MDX wheels look awesome on an 05. The 07-08 MDX will need Honda centercaps but your dealer should have honda center caps for this wheel. They do require new lugnuts. The TPMS system will work. Just have your dealer or tire shop put them on the new wheels. The lug nuts from a 07-08 model will work with the 05. Touring non pax will work fine but again new lugnuts.

Diyhonda.com had a podcast that mentioned a depax kit. Don't know when it will come out. I believe 04 and up TL wheels wont work due to the bolt pattern. Depax kit will come with the TPMS sensor, Spare wheel, Spare wheel hardware, and maybe 20 new lugnuts for the 05-06 models. Hope this helps.
    Don't let the lugnuts discourage you. Honda used a different type of lug nut on the 05-06 odyssey while the 07 and up use the traditional type. You basically have to convert to the traditional type.

The MDX wheels that I mention are the base and tech package wheels. However, the sport Package ones look awesome but you will probably need new TPMS sensors. The 07 and up MDX TPMS sensors don't work with the Odyssey. Honda centercaps are needed but your dealer should be able to get them for you.
    The MDX sport wheels will need the 235/55-18 size tire since the stock tire will interfere with the Odyssey wheelwell. The 08 Touring non pax wheel is a nice upgrade as well if you get 20 new lugnuts from an 07 and up model.
  • theconductortheconductor Member Posts: 2
    Just changed the pax with 2007 MDX six spoke wheel. Bought them on ebay with the latitude tires complete for about $1000 total including shipping. Real deal!

Clearance seems to be OK with the 255/55R18 tire. We normally drive around with a full car (family of four plus junk). Haven't noticed any real problems at all, even with the Chicago potholes. Measured against the pax tire & wheel, the 255/55R18 is about 1/2" larger in radius and about the same in width.

Used Gorilla anvil acorn lugnuts 13/16 drive; bought them on amazon for $3.15 for 4, w/shipping $27.54. Shipped in three days!

Now, however, the Honda dealer (Muller) in Highland Park, IL says they are not able to calibrate the TPMS. Any suggestions? The rims are 2007's off of an MDX. Will it be necessary to purchase 2005 TPMS sensors to get the system to work, or do I ignore the annoying yellow idiot light and just use a guage like I always did before.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    You may call a good tire company and get a new set (4) of TPMS that fir for your car/tires. It shouldn't be expensive.
  • statchmostatchmo Member Posts: 3
    Just got back from Honda dealer after taking my 05 Ody LX in for a loud thrumming noise coming from the tires. Thought maybe bearings but they tell me my tires are cupping on the inside edges. Said they could do an alignment which would they said prevent further cupping, but only replacing tires will eliminate the noise, which is extremely loud and annoying.

The tires are Yokohama Avid TRZ and I purchased them from a local Discount Tire Center June 07. So they are just barely over a year old. I had tire pressures checked consistently in August, October, November, and this past June, plus had rotations in November 07 and June 08. I do put a lot of miles on my van -- had 48399 when I got the new tires, and now have 74613. So it was about 11,000 miles between rotations.

Do I have a leg to stand on in complaining to Discount Tire about the performance of these tires or am I just out of luck? The tread on the tires is great so they have a lot of life left, but the tire noise is almost unbearable, and has been getting worse and worse.

Honda recommends Michelin Energy LX-4 tires for replacements at $195+tax per tire. I can get those same tires at Discount for $134/tire or NTB for $143/tire. But it chaps me to be replacing my new tires just one year after I bought them!

Thoughts, advice.... ? :confuse:
  • jackalope1jackalope1 Member Posts: 4
    Well, I just ordered my wheels and tires today. I went to Discount Tire and ordered Beyern "5" wheels and Yokohama YK520 tires. They got good reviews. I opted to order new air pressure sensors to keep the old wheels and tires intact. The load rating and everything is perfect for my '07 Odyssey Touring. My only concern at this point is if the new sensors will program successfully. I sure hope so. Discount says they ordered the correct replacements. I've seen a couple of posts from people who's warning light didn't go out after programming the new sensors. Is this a common problem?

thanks,
    Mike
  • mtmsimplemtmsimple Member Posts: 7
    if you want to find cheap TPMS sensors, you may go to Belle Tire or US auto parts for Orange OE replacement sensors, it should provide your car model no. just for your reference.
  • mtmsimplemtmsimple Member Posts: 7
    just go to Belle Tire, they have Orange OE replacement sensor (100% compatible with TPMS). Price comparing with original, 40% off, they said. beside, the sensor and valve can be adjustable for your rim. wish this information help you.
  • cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11
    I have a 2006 touring with PAX. If I want to use tranditional tires, are new wheels a must??
    I got my new Beyern wheels and Yokohama tires installed today. What a difference! They drive much better than the PAX did. I can tell a difference in stopping distance, too. The PAX tires are so heavy that they increase the stopping distance. I cannot be happier with my decision to get rid of the PAX system. The sensors even set themselves after a few miles. I didn't have to go to Honda to have them set in the computer. They wheels look great on the van, too!

Cabbgking: If you want traditional tires, you will have to buy wheels, too. The wheels are a special metric size that only fit Michelin PAX tires.
  • cabbqkingcabbqking Member Posts: 11
    Jackalope1,

Would you mind share with me the size and type of Beyern wheels you ordered? Which year is your car?

I am in Southern CA. Called around, and no one seems to know how to replace the PAX...
  • faxpawfaxpaw Member Posts: 17
    I have 83,000 miles on my 2005 Odyssey, 32000 miles on my second set of tires- Yokohama Avid TRZ's. I have the same LOUD noise from my Yoko tires and the tire dealer told me that these tires are cupped badly. I have always rotated my tires at 10k but he said I should have rotated the Yoko's at 6k ! He rotated the cupped tires to the front hoping the extra wear would reduce the cupping. No such luck. I can't stand the noise any longer and I'm ready to buy another set of P235/65 R16 tires. Lot's of info out there about Yoko's, most love them, then there are the rest of use who have experienced cupping problems with this tire. So is it the tire or bad/worn front struts or rear shocks?
    Anyway I need your help and advice as to what (quiet at least 50K wear) all season tires to try next.
    Thanks!
    They are Beyern "5". 5 is the model of the wheel. It's a 5-spoke BMW wheel, actually. I found it by searching for 2008 Odyssey non-PAX wheels on the Discount Tire website. They came up with three options and this was one of them. I purchased the 17" wheel.

Hopefully this link will work:

Discount Tire
  • tpapaxhelptpapaxhelp Member Posts: 1
    I have seen all the comments to date regarding depax 06 with 18" Acura MDX wheels.

I am little confused, which tire size do I need to place on the 18" wheels to keep the dashboard indicators true? Is it 235/55R18, 245/55R18, or 255/55R18???????

Will the center caps from the PAX wheels work in the MDX wheels???

Thank You in Advance!!
    Also you will need new lugnuts. You will need lugnuts from the 07 and up model which is required to put the MDX wheel. All 20 will have to be replaced.
  • theconductortheconductor Member Posts: 2
    I saw the same messages. Just the same, I was able to pick up the 2007 MDX sport six spoke 18" wheels and 255/55R18 tires. I have had them on my 2005 touring now for about a month. Physically they are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch larger in diameter than the PAX. and about the same in the net width. Remember that the PAX have NO sidewall and the slope of the tire sidewall is totally different than a normal tire. Even with six people on bad city roads, I haven't noticed any problems. The TMPS was not compatible with the older system, so I have ordered the right sensors and once they are in we should be back in business. I guess I won't really know until the winter, but snow and ice are the norm around here.

The ride is just FANTASTIC. WE drove up and back (four people w/stuff) to Lake Geneva, WI yesterday. You would have thought the Odyssey was floating along the ground. Even with the potholes and large cracks in the road, the ride was so vastly different from those LEAD SHOES. There is a Honda Dealer in Ohio that sells a DEPAX kit, a little pricey, but it might work for you.
    You can use the PAX centercaps. It gives it an even nicer look.
    http://www.diyhonda.com/2008/08/podcast-episode-133-viewer-questions.html

Lots of viewer questions but this one has lots of valuable info on the depax kit. HD is only recommended if you have a powerful computer with a decent amount of ram. They have a lower quality version for those with not as good computers and if you want it to take less space.
    You can get the stuff at your local dealers. All you need is the spare and the mounting kit, 20 all new lugnuts, TPMS sensors, and possibly new centercaps. EX wheels can be used as well. 07 owners will have to use 07 and up EX wheels due to the lugnuts. The 20 lugnuts are if you want to use 08 non PAX touring wheels or 07- MDX wheels. PAX centercaps can be used and they can enhance the look of the wheels. If you want you can get new ones from Honda. You don't have to get this at collegehillshonda. If you prefer getting it done locally then just go to your local dealer. Hope this helps.
  • mikepistonmikepiston Member Posts: 1
    I got a broken TPMS and went to Belle Tire. They have two TPMS. I picked the cheaper one (Orange TPMS). It's only about 2/3 price and no problem for function. I didn't see anything wrong. So I think this Orange TPMS is fine. At least, I saved much money per TPMS.
  • qwik510qwik510 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

We bought a 2005 Odyssey Touring model brand new in June 2005. Within the first week, we had problems with the car pulling to the right and a shimmy in the steering between 60-65 mph. The dealer rebalanced the front wheels and did an alignment. The shimmy was better but not completely gone. The pulling was still there. We took it back several more times for these problems and they rotated the tires from front to rear. The shimmy was almost completely gone and the pulling was less noticeable but still there. Around the 20K miles mark, the shimmy got worse and it still pulled so we took it back. They said that the tires were in need of replacement and that 2 new tires would be $800 installed. I told them that we rotated the tires every 5000 miles and that they should be covered by the warranty. It was wasted breath on my part. They said it was not covered. I looked at the tires and they were only worn on the outer edges. We decided to keep them and just deal with the shimmy and the pulling and try to get some more mileage from them. I then looked on the internet and found that many others were having similar issues and that there is a class action suit against Honda and Michelin for these Pax systems. I also found that many people have replaced the pax wheels with regular wheels and tires. I prepared to do this too.

In the spring, I started shopping for wheels. I was told that many of the Honda and Acura wheels can be used as a replacement. I didn't want to use the Odyssey EX wheels as everyone has them and they are only 16" wheels and they were bringing alot of money on eBay when they showed up as the demand for them was high. Someone had posted on another forum that the 2005-2007 Acura RL wheels worked for them so I started looking for a set. In May, I located a set on ebay in good shape for $300 including shipping. They sat in my garage until today.

I called my local tire shop last Friday and I asked the owner what he knew about the problem. He told me that he has dome several Pax replacements with other wheels and tires. He said he can reuse my TPMS sensors. I asked him if he had the machine to unmount the Pax tires and he said no. He told me that they just cut a flap into the sidewall of the old pax tire near the tire valve and remove the sensor through the hole they created. I asked him to order me a set of tires and he told me to bring the car in Today.

So with 41,300 miles on the Pax tires and an upcoming road trip planned, I went to my local tire shop and purchased a set of Michelin tires from them. Here is what they did to do the install.

They pulled the pax wheels off the car and let the air out of the tires. Then they cut a section out of the sidewall using a utility knife. They removed the sensors and installed them onto my Acura RL wheels. Then they mounted the new tires as with any normal wheel and balanced them and installed them back onto my Van. The Honda center caps from my Pax wheels fit the acura wheels and the stock lugnuts were reused too.

The tires installed were $750 including tax and labor. They only charged me $7 per sensor to remove and reinstall them.

I have ordered a spare tire for it and the proper mounting hardware too.

So here is a breakdown of the costs.

$300 - 2005 Acura RL Wheels from eBay
    $750 - New Michelin tires mounted and balanced
    $200 - New spare tire and mounting hardware

Here are the specifications:

2005 -2007 Acura RL wheels measure 17" x 8"

Michelins - 235-60-17

The tire for the spare is a T135/80D -17 Goodyear Convenience Spare that I ordered from the Tire Rack for $125 including shipping.

The wheel for the spare and the hardware are Honda Items. Honda calls the wheel a disk in their parts catalog. But you will need the following from them.
    42700-SHJ-A51 DISK, WHEEL (17X4T) 1 $39.58
    83853-SHJ-A00 BOLT, ANCHOR 1 $2.71
    74666-SHJ-A00 ADPTR, ANCHOR BOLT 1 $4.09

So for less then $1250 I have a nice looking set of wheels and new Michelin tires and no more Pax. Next time I need tires, It will only cost me about $700 not the $1600 my local Honda dealer wanted for the new Pax tires.

I drove the van home and it feels like a new car. It is smooth with no shimmys. It does still pull a little but not as bad and I think an alignment will cure this too. I am very happy with this solution and glad to be rid of the Pax!

If you want a package solution to your pax problem, check out the guys at College Hills Honda. They are selling complete Pax solutions and even have an online video of the process. Watch the video and you will completely understand how to dePax your car.

http://www.diyhonda.com/2008/07/podcast-episode-131-honda-odyssey-depax.html
  • bowtiefan1bowtiefan1 Member Posts: 25
    I have a 2008 EX with 16 inch wheels. I am considering upgrading to 17 inch wheels. Does anyone know if you can use the 16 inch EX wheel sensors on the 17 inch RL wheels or the 17 inch non-pax Odyssey wheels or do you have to use the Touring's sensors? It seems like a lot of folks are converting their Touring's pax wheels to either 17 or 18 inch non pax wheels, but I don't see a lot of folks going from 16 inch to something larger, and how the sensor issue is handled in this situation. Anyone know anything about which sensor would be used on a 17 inch wheel for an EX?
    I have all of the parts ordered for the spare except the tire itself. I looked on the tire rack website but they don't show that size at all. How did you order it from them? Did you have to call them? Thanks...
    For all those Touring customers looking at dePAX'ing their Tourings are going to love this new 18" 09 Ridgeline wheels. It's cheaper than the 08-09 non PAX touring wheels by $500 for a set. It requires new lugnuts for 05-06 owners. Should work just fine with the TPMS sensors. This wheel uses 245/60R18 tires so it might be a good option. Shouldn't give a super harsh ride. I'm sure those PAX users are used to it's ride. Might want to checkout the Ridgeline RTL 18" wheels.

http://automobiles.honda.com/ridgeline/exterior-photos.aspx