Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VIN check

Comments

• mysnowdogis1mysnowdogis1 Member Posts: 1
    I am just wanting to see what the motor size is listed as on this van.

VIN# 45VXA01B8KW000436
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    CARFAX says it has no current record of this vehicle. Maybe it's too new.
  • boricuagtiboricuagti Member Posts: 2
    hey do you think you could help me out. im looking at a 03 gti 20th ae. it has 104000 miles on it and they want 6500 for it. he did say it had a clean carfax. coulf yo verify this? the vin is 9bwke6ij034069715 thank u
    Well I don't mean to be in the least bit snarky, but if they told you it had a clean CARFAX, why on earth didn't they show it to you?

You have an error in the VIN....there's no "i" after the 6--it's a 1.
  • boricuagtiboricuagti Member Posts: 2
    Yeah that was my bad, I just thought you could do the vin for me.thanks for the advice
  • ronm08ronm08 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for some help here. I am looking at a 06 Boxter and I believe some jerk is trying to scam me. Can anyone run the VIN and let me know where this vehicle is? WP0CB29866U730590

Thanks,

Ron
    Kansas, somewhere around Lenexa or Merriam. Might be dealer-owned?
  • shamrock32vshamrock32v Member Posts: 2
    can anyone help me with a vin check on a 2009 altima vin#1n4bl21e19n427053 thank you
  • wildrosewildrose Member Posts: 1
    how do I do a serial or vin check
    what are you trying to accomplish?
  • 8catlady8catlady Member Posts: 1
    I need a carfax report on this vin #1P4GH4436PX765715. I am financially strapped and don't have the money to do this. My boss is helping me buy a car. And she wants a report on this. Can you help me?? Please? I would really appreciate it alot. And I would be more than willing to reimburse you for it, if you allowed me to make payments back to you. Thank you.

Shannon
  • lgonsalveslgonsalves Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone. New to the forum but glad to be here. I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe. I researched the carfax report for this vehicle and on the "teaser" page it shows 19 records. Now I know the purpose is to get you to buy the report, but 19 seems very high for a 2004. I have contacted the dealer but haven't heard back as of yet and this is something I have to take care of quickly as both the heat and suspension in my car are gone. Very difficult living up north. I am very concerned since reliability and safety are of the utmost importance. My daughter and my girlfriend's kids will be in the car with me. Any info/help here would be greatly appreciated. This is the VIN if it helps: 4B3AG42G84E065298. Thanks and I look forward to future conversations.
  • stango50stango50 Member Posts: 2
    can someone run this vin, tks.. SAJHX1740TC755604
  • stango50stango50 Member Posts: 2
    can someone help me on this vin check, its for a motorcycle im really interested in!!
    vin: Jyavm01y5xa001143 tks
    edited December 2010
    That VIN comes up invalid. I'm not sure if CARFAX carries some motorcycle VINS or not---some people claim they do, but yours isn't working, so......

AUTOCHECK run by Esperian might do it but you'll have to pay for that.

I would think checking accident damage on a motorcycle should be pretty easy for a competent motorcycle shop. Also, you can ask your insurance agent if they can check the VIN for you.

Given that a bent frame is a disaster on a motorcycle, and that CARFAX misses a lot of accidents, I'd try another approach on buying a bike--take it to a good shop. They know what to look for.
  • johnny121bjohnny121b Member Posts: 3
    Looking for any info on VIN 1G3WS52K7WF321765 on an older Oldsmobile
    nothing interesting to report.
  • bjorn15bjorn15 Member Posts: 1
    Can you check this out for me, definitely appreciate it. 3G2JB5245SS814642

Thank ya
  • johnny121bjohnny121b Member Posts: 3
    Anything noteworthy on 2B3HD46T0VH670281 on a Dodge Intrepid. (The O's might be zeros) Thanks!
    edited March 2011
    This is meant to be a CLASSICS topic, so I'd like to refer you both to our EDMUNDS' ANSWERS WEBPAGE. Thanks

MrShiftright
    Host
  • ineedfreeineedfree Member Posts: 1
    Where can I track down my car using the vin number. Google lists all kinds of sites that extol free vin lookup but they all lie. They all want money.
    If you mean locating an address where your old car lives, you aren't going to do that unless you are very well connected to Law Enforcement.

If you mean a CARFAX report, sometimes people here will help you with that. But CARFAX is only good for cars new enough to have 17 VIN numbers/letters.
  • tsan1tsan1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy this car soon, have the autocheck but not the carfax.

VIN: JM1BK343051264409

Thank you
    edited June 2011
    clean!

However do not presume that the car hasn't been in accidents. Be sure to have it checked over.
  • tsan1tsan1 Member Posts: 2
    Clean Carfax sweet. Thanks.

I'll be sure to check it over for any exterior signs of an accident.
  • johnnj01johnnj01 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please check 1HGCM82623A009512

• raevassraevass Member Posts: 1
    can someone check this mercedes vin? WDBCA35D1HA356646 it is stalling & surging & I would like to know what has been done so i dont repeat it. thanks
    For things related to service history on your Benz, you'd have to ask the dealer for those records. Those aren't public information and we'd have no way to access them. They are proprietary.
  • chohanchohan Member Posts: 1
    I will appreciate if some one could get History for my Infinity JNKCV51E53M005602.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Branded title, salvage vehicle, taken out of service in 2007 in Quebec.
  • okinokin Member Posts: 3
    Hi, can someone pleeeeeaseeee check the VIN of the honda civic ex that I am planing on buying, 1HGEJ8140WL075406?
    Thank you.
    8 previous owners, head-on collision 7-5-2011, no airbag deployed, car registered in Ohio and New York.
    Is this car worth 3500$ with newer vtec engine (110K on the engine)? Is it sketchy to buy?
    edited October 2011
    It's high mileage and it's had a hard life, but you can't buy much for $3500. Keep in mind the old adage "whatever got you into a car cheap when you buy it, will haunt you when you go to sell it".

I wouldn't buy it at that price. You can buy less tortured ones for that money and probably with fewer miles. It sure ain't no "deal".
  • jaguar21jaguar21 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please provide any information regarding this vin #
    1HGEM22913L019985
    Thank you!
    Hi, so my friend was helping me to see what will the VIN 1HGEM22913L019985 reveal about the car. I run the carfax myself, but after late 2006, the records of the oil changes are not regular. The oil changes are recorded every 40 000 miles. What I figured about the car when checking it, was that right doors do not have the vin and have not very well repaired rust at the bottom of the doors. Also, 2-3 other spots have little rust, and there is a bowl-size dent on the roof.
    4500$ for this car?
    Please help, buying tomorrow.
    Well it probably has 125K miles on it by now with at best an "average" condition, so $4500 seems high by about $500 to $1000.
  • jcmwwejcmwwe Member Posts: 1
    Hi I was wondering if u would check the vin JS3TD62V4X4126203 I would really appreciate it. Thank u very much.
  • jrh11jrh11 Member Posts: 1
    Would someone please check this VIN for me??? 1FMJK2A51BEF13425
    Thank you so much!!!!! :)
  • scout2605431scout2605431 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a toyota truck, vin# 5tbet38124s450773. Can someone do a carfax for me and give me a good idea of what it would be worth?
    Thank You.
  • lakeside2lakeside2 Member Posts: 8
    1c3el55r06n215735
    2006 Chrysler Sebring, former rental out of Florida, 5 owners, no problems noted, 89,900 miles as of June 2011.
    Thank you very much! Is that good to buy a car that was rental?
    I'd say it's a "neutral" quality. The car has to speak for itself, regardless of where it came from, so always best to have it checked out by someone. And of course research car values so you don't pay too much.
  • wf71wf71 Member Posts: 3
    1FTPW12595KE44839

Thanks in advance for any help.
    ford F-150 Texas truck one owner no problems---looks good. About 33,000 miles on it.
    Thanks shiftright. Must be some more recent activity on this truck. Checked w/ my insurance co. for a quote, and they were saying it had two damage claims filed in '09 and It now has 89,000 miles. They couldn't tell what the damages were because they don't look up carfax reports. The truck was just repainted so it kind of has my curiosity up.
    edited January 2012
    Hmmm...the carfax doesn't show anything and the mileage could be 86K because the last mileage recorded was back in 2007.

Well lots of accidents are missed by Carfax so you'd best have the car thoroughly checked out then. Carfax doesn't usually tell you what the damage was (once in a while they do) but the insurance company certainly knows the dollar amounts of the claims. If it's a large $$$ amount, you know it's serious, but if the claims are a few thousand bucks, that's nothing these days.

I can't imagine why the ENTIRE truck was repainted, though. Are you sure it wasn't just some panels.

A good body shop could give you plenty of info on what was done, by having them look it over.

But really, on a 2005 vehicle that has already depreciated substantially, i wouldn't get too hung up on things like common fender-benders.
    Yea, i asked seller about the paint cause i saw a piece of masking tape on the headlight w/ paint on it and he said he painted whole truck because of some scratches. But yea ur right about not worrying too much about minor repairs.
    Thanks alot for your help sir.
    could you please check the history of this car? 1b3el46r75n549653

I need to replace the bumper and deal with a dent of a fists area, and the dent has no painting, too. How much should I pay?