Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VIN check

12346»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited January 2012
    Let's see 3 owner car, about 107K miles, need bumper and dent repair--sounds like about $2000 is a fair price. You should be able to buy clean ones for $3500, so....
  • lakeside2lakeside2 Member Posts: 8
    The car looks pretty new except for the dent and the bumper. How much should I pay for the bumper and the painting, as well as the dent repair? I mean the supposed price. Thank you!
    In Kelly Blue Book the price for the fair condition of this car is 4000, oh my god! I don't know why it's so expensive.
    Oh that's Kelley. those are dealer asking prices for very clean cars, which yours isn't, so...deduct accordingly.

Can't say what repairs will cost. I'd have to see photos of the damage, and also price out a used bumper (which may need painting as well). For all this hassle, this car better be cheap.
    Thank you very much! Where can I find a used bumper? Best wishes!
    You can try www.car-part.com
    I want a detailed copy of the car history. Thank you!! 1HG ES 1555 1L 000 121
    Thank you!! 1HG ES 1555 1L 000 121
  • infiniti_grideinfiniti_gride Member Posts: 1
    Hi could please check this car's VIN? Thank you in advance
    1N4BA41E44C894926
    Not much here. 4 owners, car lives in Texas, last recorded mileage 79,790 in July 2011. Otherwise "clean" (but CARFAX doesn't catch everything).
  • dranatdranat Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Please help with VIN check on : YV1LW5101T2241527

Much Appreciated
  • xtsea99xtsea99 Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to find the owner of this vehicle: VB56KO678987 You will notice that it is not a 17-digit VIN; it is a '56 Chevy (before the standardized formatting). My dad had restored this car and sold it in Escondido, CA many years ago; he would like to try to buy it back, but cannot find the owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.M.
    No way to trace it by normal public computer records--it's too old, unless you know someone in law enforcement that could check to see if it has a current registration in California. You can't do this for privacy reasons.

Other than that, you could put an ad in Hemmings Motor News with the VIN (many people do this), since the car might be out of state already.
  • peter112peter112 Member Posts: 1
    Please help me on the VIN check report:

KNDJC733555416050

EMAIL:
    peteryuan_word@yahoo.ca
    nothing of interest on this vehicle.
  • c10chevyc10chevy Member Posts: 1
    I'd appreciate some help with what this VIN tells me about this truck I want to buy. Thanks in advance.

C1545B133573
    Not much in old VINs--- it's a 1965 Chevy Pickup, 1/2 ton, built in Baltimore MD
  • voisardvoisard Member Posts: 2
    Thank You! VIN: WAUBA24B3WN107632

I want to purchase this vehicle, but would like to know its history! Thanks Alot!

Email : teken_maniak@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!
  • voisardvoisard Member Posts: 2
    Yea..well whats going on? No one is willing to help here?

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone .. F for fail ...
    voisard---sorry you're in a jam here but CARFAX costs someone money when they answer you. CARFAX isn't free, so you have to look at it as someone's generosity. Maybe people with subscriptions just aren't online right now.

Try over in our ANSWERS department (see link below)...sometimes people there will answer you more quickly.

Edmunds ANSWERS
  • newshiftnewshift Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    can you check 4T1BB46K87U024967 history. is it one owner? any problem with history,
    thanks
    Hi newshift,

You might want to check out Edmunds ANSWERS department for that, because this topic is for Classic Cars only.

best

HOST
  • arashhpiarashhpi Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hi
    can anyone help me to get the detailed VIN report of these two cars?
    I wanna purchase one of them. I would appreciate.

KNAFE121785534440

KNAFE121165223082

my email: arash_hpi@yahoo.com
    Both cars have salvage titles so you may not want to go any further. But if you want a detailed report you'll have to pay for those. it's not a free service.
  • nick8080nick8080 Member Posts: 1
    could anyone please check on this VIN for me

WAULFAFR9AA037824
    2010 Audi A5 from Virginia, 20,600 miles in March. Nothing else of interest.
  • arizona_arizona_ Member Posts: 1
    Hey can you check this one, please and thanks!

4A3AK54F6VE112514
  • edwinmccainroxedwinmccainrox Member Posts: 2
    Now I wish I had opted for the multiple CF's price. I need to compare two nearly identical autos. I sooo need the complete SPECS on this truck. Can someone help me out? The Vin # is:

1N6BA0EDXAN315844 It's a 2010 Nissan Titan Truck.

Thanks!
  • bamaland101bamaland101 Member Posts: 5
    can someone help me find the lien holder on this car?
    2G1FP22S1S2169924
    It's a 1995 car, so either it's a loan lien, (pretty strange for such an old car) in which case you ask the seller, or it's a mechanic's lien, in which case a lien notice is displayed where the car is stored.

If none of those apply, you'll have to get someone in law enforcement, or an attorney, to get that info for you from DMV. Some DMVs will issue a "santized" vehicle record, but I have no idea if AL does that or what's in the sanitized version.
    the seller wont help me at all.
    the dmv wont help me at all.
    the local pd wont help me either.

i just need a name and location and/or phone number for the lien holder
    Well it's private information. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Maybe if we knew we could come up with something for you.
    i bought the car on dec 13th, and registered at the dmv the next day. yesterday the dmv sent me a letter saying their was a lien on the title and i have 2 weeks to come up with a notice of lien release otherwise my plates and vehicle registration will be canceled.

i've got over $3000 in this car now, put a brand new motor and transmission in it, 2-tone paint job and re-did the interior.

ive got to much invested to lose out, now all my money is sitting in this car and with rent over due and my wallet shooting dust bunnies..
    i need to find the lien holder so i can talk with them about it and see if we can come to some type of agreement to get me a lien release
    How did you buy, and register, a car without a title?

If in fact the seller sold you the car without telling you of a lien, he has, in my opinion, committed a crime, because the car was not his to sell.

Therefore, if all else fails, I'd call the District Attorney's Office, and I bet that will dislodge the information once they call up the seller.

You might also go back to DMV and ask to speak only to a supervisor. It seems to me, given that DMV has charged you will finding the lien holder, that they should help you do it. I mean, they have the information on file, obviously.
    we have bonded titles here in MS
    i dont have time for all that i just need to find the lien holder.

i only have 2 weeks otherwise ill be sleeping on the street
    Okay I understand. Your post was pretty slim on information so we responded to what we know.

legally speaking, I think you're the victim of fraud so your next step is to get good advice from your local DA.

The bonded title is there for a reason--so that this doesn't happen--but it did, and now you have to deal with it properly.

In short, this is the lienholder's car.

I cannot fathom why the DMV will not help you. It's crazy!
    the dmv's here in ms are just plain idiotic.. this state is like its own little country.

i started calling dmv's by the nearest state and started with alabama and got lucky.

i found out the lien holders name and location and spoke with the head honcho just a few minutes ago, looks like i have to come up with $500 if i want to keep my car.

will be pressing charges against the guy who sold the car to me being that he was fully aware that it had a lien on the title and lied to my face about it.

jamie(owner) at CSI auto sales in dothan,al was very helpful to give me the full run down and when i mentioned the guy's name who sold the car to me jamie instantly knew who i was talking about and will be assisting me with getting this guy arrested.

now i can only hope i can pull that 500 from somewhere and be able to get the title.

thank you Mr. Shiftright for your help
    well thank yourself for persistence. It's pretty amazing that your local DMV stonewalled you like that. You'd think they'd want this cleared up.

Well if $500 got you out of this mess that wouldn't be the worst thing that could have happened. The lienholder could have had you over a barrel on this one. So at least someone was a decent human being.
  • thanks4urhelpthanks4urhelp Member Posts: 1
    Jul 09, 2013 (9:27 am)
    Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for your help. I am looking at a Toyota Camry 2009 Hybrid.
    The vin is jtnbb46kx93049443. Could any one pull other information such as salvage or clean title, or previous or current owners, or liens, etc. I don't know what to look for. Take care... Will
  • ric51ric51 Member Posts: 1
    Next time you might pay your rent on time (before you paint a used car) rather than stiffing your landlord and jeopardising where you (and your family/) live.. Just typical of bad choices in life. You were'nt doing anything much removed from the guy who sold you the car.