Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner Engine and Performance Problems

ranger4runnerranger4runner Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have a 1995 Toyota 4 runner with a 3.0 efi 3vze engine and I have recentley rebuilt it. now I am all [non-permissible content removed] backwards with the fuel and vaccum lines running off of the intake plenum on the passanger side. if anyone can help me that would be great. thanks.

Comments

• rediranchrediranch Member Posts: 2
    My 4Runner has been knocking and pinging, nad now the check engine light came on. The scanner said it's running lean.

Would that mean that I have to replace the knock sensors to fix this?
  • dkrazydingodkrazydingo Member Posts: 5
    it might be the mass air flow sensor has gone bad. I had the same issue and took a long time to findout it was that little piece. You can go to your local auto shop and ask for it. It should cost you only about $75 and you can do it yourself.
  • purpleurkelpurpleurkel Member Posts: 3
    I have a 95 4runner SR5 V6 Automatic, I had the transmission rebuilt and everything was great I got around 300+ Miles on a full tank of gas and had lots of power and could burn rubber by stomping on the gas, then I rear ended a mini van doing about 30mph and I replaced the bumper/grill and radiator/fan, my push bumper really helped reduce the damage, but ever since that accident I have lost a huge amount of power and not only that I now only get 130-150 miles to a full tank of gas, this thing burns so much gas now I only get around 30 miles to a quarter tank and I stomp on the gas and barely move, it feels like I am in a lower gear or not pushing the exhaust out fast enough but the muffler shop said the exhaust is fine and the tranny shop said the tranny was fine so I really dont know where to go. it seems like mechanics dont listen to my explanation of the problem and just say "those engines dont have alot of power" BS! just before my accident I was burning rubber and got a little over 300 miles to a full tank, please help!
  • mattlesleymattlesley Member Posts: 1
    I had to replace a water pump today, actually yesterday, and after getting everything apart, I decided I should do the timing belt too. I got it all put back together. I don't think the crank shaft moved, and the cam shafts ddid not move, but now she doesn't want to start at all. acts like the timing is off. HELP
This discussion has been closed.