Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango Warning Lights and Gauges

dragonlorddragonlord Member Posts: 2
Hi,
I have a 2004 SLT 5.7Hemi Durango. Each time my gas tank drops to half tank the engine light comes on. I have been to my mechanic several times for this and he says that there is a small leak in my gas cap.....If anyone has experienced anything similar and has a resolution please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• 2006grassley2006grassley Member Posts: 2
    I have a 99 Durango, and the heater control keeps going on and off. The dash lights flicker, the fan goes on and off, and the power door locks do the same. Does anyone have an idea s to what it may be? Thanks.
  • masterdavemasterdave Member Posts: 1
    04 DURANGO HEADLIGHTS FLASH ON & OFF AS DO DASH LAMPS AND WARNING INDICATORS.ALL WITH KEY ON OR RUNNING,RADIO FLASHES WITH OTHERS ABOVE AND HAS NO VOLUME( RADIO COMES ON AND INDICATES VOLUME UP & DOWN. TRUCK WILL START & STALL WHEN ALL THIS IS GOING ON :sick:
  • kitty65kitty65 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 2002 Durango and one day I went to start it and turn on the heater it wouldn't go on . I had the fulses check and they all are good . Come to find out the third windshield does not work also. Please if anyone has this problem let me know what you did. :confuse: ">
  • dodidupadodidupa Member Posts: 2
    Did you try replacing the Gas Cap as a quick check ?. The seal might me bad. Also, the level sensor in the Gas Tank may be loose.
  • hagronhagron Member Posts: 7
    The ABS & Brake instrument cluster lights come on periodically, but go out when I restart the engine. I had a bad rear brake sensor replaced about two months ago and this problem has been there ever sense. I thought it was a code left in the computer and took it to my local dealer to have them "reset" the error code on the computer. Instead, they wanted to keep it another day to "test" for possible problems. Has anyone else had this intermittent problem on 1999 Durangos?
  • 99durango199durango1 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get a reply? I have the exact same problem. Thanks!
  • JohnnysgarageJohnnysgarage Member Posts: 1
    inside the steering column theres a bunch of wires in ther [ harness wires i noticed when i tilt my steering wheel up all kinds of crazy things happened took it apart ther wewr wires in ther split from tilting the steering wheel up an down re spliced the wires reconected everything ok 2002 durango
  • bearclaw2bearclaw2 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday, my vehicle would turn off as soon as I would turn it off. It would just loose power and a "dot" light would come on as a warning. Does anyone know what that is? I replaced the battery today because it needed to be replaced. Also, when I would turn on the vehicle and press on the gas pedal it would still turn off. I waited about 10 minutes and the vehicle finally started and I went home.

Please help. Thanks.
  • alukenaluken Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004, this very same thing happened to me then didn't do it again but it seemed like I had to turn the key a couple times each morning to get it to start. One really raining morning a couple weeks ago I went out to start it and it would start finally it did but it blew smoke and was really rough running. I checked the oil and it was low. This is because the anti theft device was malfunctioning and cutting off the fuel and oil supply to the engine. I took it to the dealer and there was an update to the anti theft devise that needed to be ran. $200 later it was all fixed. I would have it checked so you aren't left stranded.

Good luck

Amy
  • wrecked325wrecked325 Member Posts: 5
    Happening to me also. I have a 2002 Durango 5.9 Magnum...the gauges all seem to be "off" in my opinion,. but pertaining to your post, just 2 days ago, I purchased a new gas cap. Was told to do so by a friend who works at the DMV and I called the dealership to see if it would be wise to try this, the light did go off, but my prior and other dilema is that the truck stalls while driving and will not re-fire at all for several minutes, today it never did restart- I NEVER had a vehicle in my life give me so much grief - I love my truck but I'm terrified of it anymore! In your case, try getting a new gas cap - it did stop the engine light from coming on but I seem to have other issues (fuel pump?) going on with me - good luck
  • biggd76biggd76 Member Posts: 1
    on this 2000 durango the gauges are all jumping I am trying to figure out what is the problem need help