Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus IS Interior Issues

shpslawshpslaw Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Lexus
Does anyone have any idea about repairing a scratch on the plastic bezel/cover that surrounds the NAV system. It is located in a difficult spot right below the Passenger Temp button on the right hand side of that cover. The dealer wants $1,650 to replace the part. I guess you have to buy the whole NAV system. Unbelievable? Also, what kind of plastic cleaner or polish/scratch remover can you use on this material?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kc567567kc567567 Member Posts: 29
    Instead of a repair you might want to consider a decal or thin tape (like auto pin striping) to hide it. I just can't see getting a consistent finish if using polish .... u would need to do the whole bezel with polish.

How big and bad is the scratch?

Also, if u did the same shape under both TEMP buttons it might look like it was supposed to be that way! A white tape would complement the white silkscreen text already on the bezel.

KC

• shpslawshpslaw Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response.

The scratch (actually there is more than one) is a pretty good one and is really noticeable in the sun. I accidentally struck the bezel with the metal tip of an umbrella when getting into the car on a very hard raining day.

I took it to a guy who restores interiors and he said he could paint it but the only problem would be that when he sprayed the area I would lose the Passenger Temp wording as this could not be taped around and still get a smooth finish. He said he could also do the other (driver) side to make this look consistent. I just would not have any TEMP wording which is probably not that big of a deal if the bezel can be refinished in the same color.

I am still checking with a few other repair people but not sure anyone will have a better option.

Thanks again for your idea as this is definitely a consideration.
  • 1260112601 Member Posts: 10
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best way to spot clean the cloth on the A pillars and headliner as well as perf. leather seats. Is a product like Resolve ok for the fabric? What about the leather? My interior is cashmere and the fabric especially on the sun visors attracts dirt and grease from fingers very easily.
  • gordongjgordongj Member Posts: 23
    The interior of my car is also "cashmere". I had 3 black finger prints on my A pillar posts (did I NOT clean my hands after cleaning the wheels!) lol A few squirts of "Fantastic (regular - NOT with bleach) anda soft cloth removed those black marks!
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    how about sterline interior armrest, driver side, the leather has a dark spot where my elbow resys...
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    I went to the Lexus dealer to look at an IS 250 recently. When I sat in the driver's seat, my head was firmly pressing against the headliner, and I am an average guy. I asked the salesman if the seat was raised; he checked it and said it was at its lowest setting. I couldn't see buying a car in which I had to constantly slouch or drive in an extremely reclined position, so I left. Still can't believe that it was that tight. Anyone else notice a problem?
  • louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    Anyone else notice a problem?

I am 6-1 and 200 lbs, when sitting in the driver's seat with the lowest setting for the back and highest setting for the front I still have couple inches to spare between my head and the headliner.

The ISX50 actually has pretty roomy front seats, the backseat is the problem...
This discussion has been closed.