Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Rogue Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• anon123anon123 Member Posts: 1
    The dealer is replacing the transmission on my wife's 2010 AWD Rogue with 7,000 miles. They must have transmissions in stock as they expect to have one delivered in 4 - 5 days.
  • roguejunkroguejunk Member Posts: 2
    Just found this thread...I have been going nuts with my 2010 Rogue transmission. It really is a piece of junk. After a week of ownership in Sept 2009, took it in to the dealer as it was rattling, vibrating and jerking especially at low speeds. They tried replacing some exhaust parts...waste of time.
    To cut a long story short, opened a file with Nissan and they replaced the transmission after 2 Nissan techs were sent to Houston to inspect the vehicle. Seemed a bit better but now 3 weeks later back to the same old problems.
    I am told it is a problem that Nissan are aware of but no tech fix available.
    I just contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs again and I guess the next step is a Texas lemon law filing if they refuse to buy back.
    When you buy a new car, you expect much more than this. Come on Nissan, get it together.
  • j1huynhj1huynh Member Posts: 28
    Hi,
    May I ask is your a FWD or AWD? I have recently purchased a nissan rogue and I am just curious. TIA.
  • ncdopplerncdoppler Member Posts: 3
    I had an 08 AWD ROGUE. At 15000 miles it needed a new transmission and 3 weeks after that another, we got rid of it. We now have a RAV 4.
  • roguejunkroguejunk Member Posts: 2
    It is a FWD.....trying to trade it for a Honda but terrible price offered...will be back to the dealer next week to get another complaint visit logged. Nissan CA have not returned my call from last week yet....
  • ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    Kept an 08 rogue for six months, vehicle kept shimmiying at low speed. Had it to the dealer three times and they finally said that was the way they are. I even drove a new one on the lot and it did the same. The service manager said that I was senitive to small things and most people did not notice the slight shimmy. I traded it for a rav-4. I am so happy now that I have gotten rid of that problem vehicle. Harry
  • erikwierikwi Member Posts: 71
    Hi all! I'm presently considering a new Rogue Krom version but have been having second thoughts after reading about the transmission failures. Is this common with the AWD CVT version? I certainly don't want a vehicle that is going to need frequent transmission replacement. Besides early and frequent trans failures, what else is going wrong I might want to know about?

Thanks!
  • ncdopplerncdoppler Member Posts: 3
    We bought an 08 AWD brand new off the lot. After just 3 weeks, we started hearing noises when we would make slow turns, especially in parking lots. It took our dealership 3-4 visits before they said they could hear it. They called the Nissan Tech line and was told to order a new transmission, at 15K miles, we had a new transmission. Just three weeks later the noise started all over again, and we had found out that many others had the same issues and some had already had 3 transmissions replaced. We wern't willing to pay any longer for a car that needed a new transmission every month. Granted it never left us stranded anywhere and Nissan will tell you that it won't, but why pay for a car like that?? We traded it in for an 08 Rav 4.. We were loyal Nissan customers until this happened. We won't rule them out for purchases but we won't buy one with a CVT transmission unless they work out all the kinks.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks.
  • deucezdeucez Member Posts: 1
    Reading through all of these it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one, but yet I'm upset just like most of you that I have "wasted" my time and money on the Rogue. In the year I've owned my 2009 AWD Rogue I've had it back to the dealer at least 6 times. I kept hearing a weird noise at low speeds just a few short months of owning the Rogue. We took it in and the dealership said they couldn't hear anything (weird). A few months later I knew things weren't right so I took it in and made them ride with me and I pointed out the noise to them. They then had my car for 11 days trying to figure out what was wrong with it. The replaced my axle and transmission. Within a 1000 miles the same issues came about again. I took it back and they sent me home saying Nissan was working a computer update. After about a month of waiting the computer update was finished. I hate to say it, but it hasn't been 3000 miles since my update and I'm already having issues. I took it in again and the dealership said they couldn't hear anything. I then drove with them and compaired my Rogue to another 2008 Rogue. Little did I know my Rogue was making more noises than I thought it would be!

Hopefully soon things will get figured out and I can stop driving an hour to the dealership to get sent home with a Versa in a snowstorm in MI!
  • j1huynhj1huynh Member Posts: 28
    hi,
    can someone put a video clip or sound clip of what the noise sound like? my friend has a 2010 rogue and she said she's hearing some kind of noise recently at low speed (when she cruises to a stop light). I just want to confirm if it's the same noise or not.

Thanks.
  • mikesmuranomikesmurano Member Posts: 118
    ncdoppler, did you get rid of your Rogue?

Notice my warnings to Murano owners:

Folks!

Don't be fooled! Nissan is experiencing numerous problems with their CVT's but refuses to officially recall the very defective transmission design. Nissan has taken an "arrogant" position on this issue. My '03 Murano SE has had been in the shop 3 times with CVT problems the last was a total failure. The cost was $6300 Carriage Nissan in Gainesville, GA. The warranty was extended to 120K but was worthless to me. The region Nissan rep. (Christy) refused any help and was rather rude to boot.

My advice is, if your Murano is approaching 120K miles get rid of it! The CVT is a ticking time bomb. If your dilemma is similar to mine I am filing a complaint with: NTSB; federal and state consumer protection agencies; and, Nissan of Japan.

Warning!!! Get rid of that Murano and buy anything else!
    edited March 2010
    Before you buy Nissan, read about all of the problems that Nissan Murano owners are having with their cars. The AWD CVT seem to be the worst from what I have read and experienced.

I would seriously look at a Honda product before I would by any Nissan product.

You can read my posts under "mikesmurano" in the Murano section.

I got rid of mine after five years and went to an Acura for my wife and a Toyota for me.

"No more Nissans for me"! :lemon:
  • jaxguy8jaxguy8 Member Posts: 1
    I recently started feeling the noise and a shake at around 15-20mph and especially on cornering at slow speed when I accelerate slightly out of the corner. Rogue is 2009 and has 42,000 miles. I noticed it at 30k miles, but dealer said it was not a problem and could not "recreate" the event. Car is at dealer now and a new transmission has been ordered. I am thinking about trading it in once I get it back.
  • roguelemonownrroguelemonownr Member Posts: 19
    The lemon law does in fact apply after one year. I contacted a no recovery/no fee firm. The problem is that you probably will fall under the federal law - not a state law - and there are two avenues that can be taken. The auto manufacturer will be able to compensate with a reduction for the mileage on the auto at the court date or most probably will ask for compensation for diminished value. My lawyer is taking the latter route and says I have an excellent case with paper trail...probably will see 15-20% of the original sales price. In my state I had to mediate...don't expect anything there though; they will try to beat you down to accept a small amount.
  • stephaniebrkrstephaniebrkr Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with my 2009 Rogue. I bought the car brand new off of the lot in November of 09 and 1st noticed the water coming in the back hatch about a month ago. I called the dealership and they asked me to bring the car to them (which is an hour away) I did, they looked at the leak said that it was the glass and they would send a glass man out to my house to repair it. The glass man came out to the house ran a water hose over the car and found out that it was not the glass but the sealing of the metal of the door. I once again notified Nissan and they had me bring it back, this time for 4 days. When I picked the car up they said it had been fixed and to my knowledge it had, until it rained this weekend. Now not only is it leaking in the same spot as before it is leaking on the opposite side twice as bad and got on the carpet. I will be returning to the dealership again, hopefully they will fix it, if not we will have a huge problem.
  • h2omh2om Member Posts: 1
    Consider a Ford, it has a trouble free Jabsco CVT :shades:
  • kastenholzkastenholz Member Posts: 2
    We have a similar water leak problem in our new 2009 Rogue SL AWD that we bought last year July. We think that the water is leaking out of one or both of the 1/8-inch wide gaps that are on the sides of the center plastic cover inside and at the top of the lift gate (hatch door). We took the car back to the dealer to have this defect corrected. The service people could not duplicate the problem after having sprayed the car with lots of water. Was your problem taken care of? If so, where was the source of the problem?
  • ljeraldljerald Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Rogue, on a recent trip to Reno from Sacramento, I experience (for the 2nd time) difficulty climbing the hills over Auburn CA. I could not get pass 45 mph, even with the gas pedal is depressed all the way to the floor.... but once I got to the top of the hill, everything is fine, until i start climbing the hill again. I made sure i was going at a very good speed when approaching another hill...but no luck!... I never had this problem before...... when I got to the house, I put it in reverse to back the car in the drive way and I had to almost put the "foot to the pedal"to make it move. I put it in park and tired to rev up the engine with little response until I depress the accelerator almost to the floor again...and got only 2500rpm.... about 45 minutes later, i can out started the engine, and everything was fine.....what is up!!! does anyone out there have the same problem...the Nissan Tech...could not find any thing wrong!! Anyone out there have this problem?
    Bad News.

Say good bye to your CVT transmission. Get it into the dealer. My guess is the CVT oil pump is going out. Had the exact same symptoms with my Murano.

Hopefully it is still under warranty.

Best of luck. :sick:
  • jc2010jc2010 Member Posts: 31
    Bought a 2010 Rogue 360 in April. Had 1700 miles on it and took a trip to Maine. On the way up, the service engine light popped on. Previous to this..at different points since April, we have been experiencing this, w/o the service engine light.....After driving the car for a little while..maybe about an hour...when coming to a stop, say at a stop light or toll, when we tried to accelerate the car had no power. Well, like I said...on the way up to maine, my husband was driving and felt this happen and this time the service engine light came on. We tightened the gas cap thinking that might be causing an issue of fumes. After letting it sit over night and driving 2.5 hours and then letting it sit another 3 hours, the light went off. For the rest of our vacation, the light never came back on and the car ran fine. On the way home when we hit Massachusetts. After a toll booth and slowing down for ezpass....trying to accelerate was an issue. Again, no power while in the middle of the highway. The car started going but now we needed gas. We pull over to get gas. After getting gas, we couldn't get onto the highway. The car had no pick up at all. We would've gotten hit. When I reversed the car to pull into a parking spot, same thing. No power in reverse either. After waiting for AAA tow to tow us to a Nissan dealer we had passed a mile back, we were able to drive the rogue ourselves to the dealer....AAA issue after two hours of waiting and giving up on them. We get to the dealer in MA and they tell us they've seen this issue before. The transmission fluid seems to be foaming. Also, the fluid was very low. After spending a night at a hotel nearby, we were advised by Nissan engineers to drive the car to NY and bring it to a dealer there...where we live. We dropped it off last night. Not very hopeful. #1 they have to find the issue by most likely having to drive the car for a period of time. #2...if they find it, we have to go from there. In the meantime, I am in touch with Nissan Consumer Affairs. I want to be reimbursed for the hotel stay and as of right now we don't have a car. The dealership provided no loaners and I refuse to pay for a rental. This is a brand new vehicle and feel this should be on Nissan. The dealer we brought the car too has also seen a familiar issue with one car. The service advisor said he did not remember the outcome but he knows that it is an issue and sounds like they will have the rogue in their possession for a while. I am livid. I commute to work every day so don't use the car much and to bring it on vacation with us at 1700 miles and for all of this to happen is totally unacceptable. Help...any suggesstions on what to do??????
    Hate it that so many people are having problems. I called Nissan Consumer Affairs...they refused to help me. (See my previous post.) I ended up almost begging them to help...still no luck. Contacted a no recovery-no fee law office (Krohn & Moss). The lawyer had me to do things to position to go to court...but it seemed that he was almost scared to do this. I traded the vehicle in with instructions of what to do to protect the court case. After about 1 1/2 years since I called Nissan Consumer Affairs I am supposed to be getting a check next week. Nissan ended up paying their lawyer, my lawyer, and settling with me for probably about twice what they could have gotten me out of the vehicle (I did beg them to help with a Corporate assist trade.) Guess most people would just give up. Hope you have better luck with your situation.
    Thank you and yes, this is ashame to say the least. So Krohn & Moss did help you?! It sounds like it took a while, but it sounds like you got back what you were out in the end. Am I reading your post incorrectly? You say they settled with you for "about twice what they could have gotten me out of the vehicle." Also, what is Corporate Assist? I'm at the start of my fight so I'm not going to give up just yet. I am going to push this to my congressman and senate and try to fight this b/c the money we are paying for this rogue and for the length of time we have had this vehicle...it is theft in my eyes if they don't correct this issue. Why hasn't it been recalled is my question. It is a huge safety issue and if people haven't already gotten into car wrecks b/c of this lack of acceleration, Nissan has been lucky. The fact that the CVTs are on international back order and the fact that the extended warranty has been put into place tells me that this is an issue that has grown and is continuing to grow. Makes me laugh b/c when we bought the car one of the salesman commented about how nice the CVT is. What a load of BS that was. Another thing..I was not given a copy of my warranty info...do you think I can call the dealer and get one? Thx for the post!!! And..I hope you get that check. By the way...what did you trade the piece of crap in for??? Honda?? :)
    Don't know that Krohn & Moss helped that much...I feel I prob. would have done as good (or better) by going BBB.

Guess I wasn't clear in what I said about Nissan settling. They paid their lawyer, my lawyer, and settled with me for prob twice as much as Nissan could have been out for getting me out of the vehicle. I don't feel that I got what I was out. BTW, I tried the Rep & Senator route and got nowhere!!!

Corporate Assist Trade is same as Dealer-Assist Trade...with Manufacturer picking up the difference. Would think that you could get the warranty info from Nissan.

Thought I would mention that a guy I know had a bad Jeep...accelerating probs like you are describing. He went to the county courthouse and filed a doc stating the problems with the vehicle and that the manufacturer had not corrected...said if he got in an accident this might help him go back on the manufacturer.
    Thx for the info. We are small fish in this huge pond and I think that's part of the problem with contacting the high authorities, but as long a I'm pumped I will contact who I have too in order to get what I have coming to me. This whole thing makes me sick!! "if your friend gets into a wreck"....and only then. That's crazy. They're waiting for an accident to happen??!! You really feel unprotected here. It's so wrong I can't stand it. I will make sure this word gets out. I'm going to look into Ask Asa and all of that here in NY. I want to get this out and hoping people here will rally with me if at all possible. Power in #'s...right.

I had an old Honda...from 1992 (brand new) to 2010. That car did me right! It had transmission problems in the end, I believe thanks to a mechanic I brought it to here in Queens...long story. Anyway, it got me where I needed to go and hung in there. I am so sad that I traded that car in for the Nissan. Don't get me wrong, I needed a car, but the fact that it was as old as it was, when something did go wrong with it, which was very, very, very rare, it didn't hurt like this does. This rogue piece of crap is brand new and that's what is killing me. I could probably count the # of times I actually drove the car. We had 1700 miles in before we left for Maine. C'mon.

Thank you so much again and I hope it is all working out for you. They will get what they deserve in the end!

What exactly was wrong with your Rogue anyway???? I don't think you explained that.
  • morerogueragemoreroguerage Member Posts: 7
    I'm in NJ. My 2008 Rogue has less than 13K miles in 2 1/2 years of ownership because of the trans issues and me not wanting to drive it. The transmission was replaced at around 3K miles and again at around 6K miles. At around 9K miles I brought it to the dealership yet again, due to trasmission noise, grinding/ratteling sound - which historically has been the trans. Once they replace the trans, it is good for about 3K miles and then begins to make noise again. At around 9K, when I brought it in again, the dealership said that Nissan would not authorize the replacement and that the trans was "making a normal noise" -- I explained "normal" is no noise - like when I drove it off their lot and "normal" is what it sounded like after the replacement trans and the second replacement trans. There was nothing the dealership could do, as they would not be paid for doing any work from Nissan - since Nissan told them not to do anything. Nissan Consumer Affairs is a total joke -- they have not helped in the least and failed to get back to me timely etc. They submitted to Nissan to buy back the vehicle and Nissan declined (of course they did - because I'm a consumer, not an attorney). I'm now working with a Lemon Law attorney group in NJ who have reviewed my paperwork and feel I have a strong case (or they would not have taken it, as their fees will be paid by Nissan - not me). They have sent letter to Nissan to allow them to perform a final fix and will be sending out a Demand Letter tomorrow to Nissan that oulines how many times it has been in for fix and the fact that it is still not fixed and demanding re-purchase of the car. Nissan has 30 days to respond. If they do not respond or decline the repurchase, the Lemon Law attorneys will file the lawsuit. I will certainly continue to post here my progress. The attorney is familiar with this issue and advised it should be resolved in a few months. This whole situation very unfortunate - I'm suprised that no governing body has stepped in at this point to direct Nissan to fix this issue and even more disturbing is that Nissan has not done the right thing for us consumers. I would never purchase another Nissan - not because I have a Lemon, but because of the way Nissan is treating their bread and butter - all of us!!!
    edited August 2010
    Thx for the note and the info. I see you are from NJ. I am in NY. I know for NY, the car must be attempted to be repaired 4 x's before considering it a lemon. 3 x's for Jersey?? Anyway, the dealer's service dept has been great with me, but Consumer Affairs is awful. They did not call for a prognosis of the dealer's inspection for two days. I called and called. Finally, on the 2nd night of no phone call, even after it was raised to a supervisory level, I got a hold of the executive offices. I took a chance and emailed the VP of the dept. Someone from his office contacted me. They had a nissan engineer go to the dealer to check out the transmission and sure enough, they deemed it unsatisfactory and will be replacing it with a new one. The dealer explained to me, as did the dealer in MA, that the CVT's are on International backorder. They are literally ordering transmissions and they are making them as they are ordered...apparently. So, the dealer said we should hear from him in about a week. I'm giving them 2 wks before I contact them. For now, we can drive the rogue locally, is what we were told. My transmission was not making a funny noise. We were losing acceleration. Now I am worried about getting it back and ultimately it making a funny noise and/or losing acceleration again...and then having to deal with the lack of customer service again. I too am in agreement with you...if the customer support was better, perhaps Nissan would be a more desirable product even with the transmission problems. I too am also shocked that this issue hasn't gone to a higher level given that losing acceleration on a highway is definitely a safety issue. Perhaps they are waiting for someone to be killed, as was the case with Toyota, before it's handled at another level, which I think is piss poor. I had a Honda and should not have settled for anything less...I will know better for next time. I'm giving Nissan a shot to redeem themselves with this case, but, if I fall into a situation such as yours, they lost a customer+ for sure!! I hope your lawyer does what it takes to get you what you are rightfully due!!! Keep me posted on the situation. I am most interested. If my email also helps with your case....go for it! Good luck!
    JC2010,
    My Rogue did not lose acceleration. If I were having a problem like this, I believe I would try to contact the NTSB!!!!!!!! That is an extreme safety problem. Their contact info should be in the instruction manual that came with your vehicle. Lots of luck!!!!!!
  • chrish1969chrish1969 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My 2010 Rogue 360 had the exact same problem. Nissan Techline told the dealer to replace the valve-body in my transmission. After making an almost 2000 mile round trip last week, since the repair, I can say mine doesn't have the problem anymore. Hopefully your dealer will do the same.
    Thx for this msg. I'm gonna save this for future reference!! I could be wrong, but what I think happened was....when we took the car off the lot, they forgot to top off the transmission fluid. We drove from NY to Maine...and about 1,000 miles before that trip on low fluid....this probably totally damaged the transmission causing it to lose acceleration. When we were checked by the MA Nissan, they said the fluid was low but there wasn't a leak. The engineeers told them to top off the fluid and let us drive back to NY...so we did. The NY dealer said the fluid seemed fine. But the Nissan engineer came to inspect the transmission and he said it was done. Too, they only put on about 40 miles to find that the transmission was a wreck. I'm actually bringing it in on Monday and they are going to replace the transmission with a new one. I'm hoping this will fix the issue but I'm so worried, after reading all that I've read on here and b/c of the extended warranty on these transmissions, that this will be an ongoing issue. I can't believe consumer reports has not mentioned anything about it. Strange to me. Anyway, thanks again!!!!
  • whatmorecanyouwhatmorecanyou Member Posts: 4
    I am surprised that this cvt transmission issue has not been resolved. At the time of my activity on the forum it was only the 2008 AWD SL that was having the rattling under the seat that felt like a suspension problem after 16 k miles.

I had two replacements within 40 days and also a re programming that seemed to take down my MPG since part of the fix was to eliminate freewheel and keep the tension on the CVT belt to eliminate the belt hitting the tranny case.

Nissan it seemed to me did step up and I had one of the better dealers with a great service department.

My car has only 4 k miles since that repair and the noise has come back on occasion at slow speeds. I suspect the electronic tune up between the engine and tranny has been adjusted over time and now I need to get it checked again since the car sat all summer in the garage when on vacation for 3 months.

My wife loves her car and so do I as the fit and finish and build are excellent and my grand kids call Nanas car cool and my boat old fashion looking.

I am positive Nissan is still stepping up to this CVT problem and yes all of the dealers are aware of the Rattle in this model CVT. Be persistent and focus on the CVT issue when taking it to the dealer. Let them know this is a known Nissan problem and they are helping most people.

whatmorecanyousay
  • exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    I am thinking on purchasing either 2011 Murano or Rogue, but these transmission issues are scaring me.

Nissan has extended the CVT transmission warranty to 10 yrs/120K mi for 08-10 Rogue, and 03-10 Murano, 2011 model year is not included. Does anyone know if they “fixed” transmission issues, or they are just being hopeful?

In all fairness, according to the Consumer Reports only 08 Rogue and 03-04 Murano have major transmission problems, all other models years are much above average. Hopefully, whatever issues they were having have been addressed.
    I have no idea whether or not anyone believes the transmissions are fixed. I know mine was not...see my previous posts. I also know that Nissan was aware of manufacturing problems and refused to do anything to help me. I had to file under the Lemon Law and ended up trading in the vehicle. I certainly hope that does not give you any comfort...but if you choose to roll the dice, feel free.
  • briamthemanbriamtheman Member Posts: 2
    Having the same issue here with my '09 Rogue (AWD 4cyl) as many of these posts. Not the noise-related tranny problem, but the loss of power - as if you're trying to take off from a stop in too high a gear, or as if the engine wasn't getting any fuel despite pressing the pedal to the floor.

The first time this happened, I tried manually "shifting" using the override, to no effect. Also tried dropping the car into neutral, and the engine revved just fine. So not a gearing issue and not a fuel availability issue. Assume it has something to do with the complex coordination required between the throttle and CVT, through the car's engine management control or throttle control.

First time we brought it in, dealer said it was actually related to a recent campaign, they adjusted, and the problem went away. About a month/2 later, the problem resurfaced, only worse. Car had to be towed to the dealer after just barely making it home. This time, my wife and two little kids were in the car. I'd say that going to pull out onto a busy road with a family in a car, and finding it's got no power but is still barely moving is a big safety issue.

This second time, it took a week to get the car back as the dealer had to wait several days for the part. I drove the car for a month before my wife would feel comfortable getting in it again (and don't blame her for it), which of course limits the utility of a second car.

10 months later, same thing happened (now 12,000 miles total on the car), right after my wife picked up the kids from school. She will, officially, never get in the car again and again, I don't blame her. We reached out to the dealer to indicate we want out of the lease; the response through them from Nissan was essentially, "Sure, pay us the balance of your remaining payments on the car and you can get out of it." The car is now on a tow truck to the dealer and a call to customer care suggested they want to await the verdict from the dealer's service department before they'll do anything. So we'll see. In the end, we want out of this very dangerous death trap. Based on what we're seeing here, it's appaling that this seems to be a problem that's not unique and deserves the attention of governmental authorities who are supposed to protect us from this kind of thing.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is hoping to interview people who sent NHTSA a complaint about their car during 2010. Please respond by Thursday, December 23, 2010 to pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wokazywokazy Member Posts: 1
    Having the same issue here with my '10 Rogue as many of these posts. Not the noise- problem, but the loss of power - as if you're trying to take off from a red light pressing the pedal to the floor this happens a week of the purches
    The same thin happens 3 moth later. The dealer do not fine nothing bad
    with the car and now was towed because it was not start for 2 days..
  • rogue_2011rogue_2011 Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone! I came to this forum couple times before I purchased my Rogue. I got a Krom model while my friend got the SV model (both 2011). I will update my experience after 1,000 miles. Let's see if the 2011's Rogue still having the same problems (I hope not).

I have a maintence question regarding the special wheels that my krom has. I took a quick reading on owner manual yesterday. There is one thing that confused me. It said the krom model cannot be wash at the car wash! I am shocked! It said the acid will damage the body and the wheels. What? You want me to hand wash my car every time? It also states the underneath of car should be cleaned reguarly because of the snow salt (that I understand). Now I don't how to wash the underneath of the car without visiting the car wash? I like to hear your opinion. I appreciate your input. Thanks. :confuse:
  • scaredinohioscaredinohio Member Posts: 3
    Do these problems pertain to the 2011 FWD CVT or does that matter at all? I'm researching cars and I can't find many decent ones I can afford... this is bad!
  • rogue_2011rogue_2011 Member Posts: 11
    My 2011 AWD has 1,500 miles so far. No complain. Hwy = 28, City = 21 :)
  • lynnv17lynnv17 Member Posts: 2
    My 2011 has 3,400 miles and so far, so good. I know the mileage is still low, but so far the car has been reliable, fun to drive and comfortable. When I first found these discussions, after I bought the car, I was a wreck. Since then I've done a lot more research and asked everything i know to ask, read everything I know to read, and found a forum with a lot of satisfied customers, some with high mileage and no problems. So, I do like the car and I'm glad I bought it. It gets great gas mileage. I do have an extended warranty, so fingers crossed, I won't have the problems some of the people on this forum have experienced, but if I do, I hope it's covered by the warranty. At this point, I would recommend this vehicle.
  • lynnv17lynnv17 Member Posts: 2
    About the car washing problem...I'm sorry no one has answered your question, but I really don't know the solution, except maybe go to one of those do it yourself places and try to spray underneath with lower pressure. I do know, I went through one of the newer drive thru car washes with an older model car and it left permanent stains on the black finished parts of the car, so I wouldn't risk it if I were you. It looks like someone poured something on top and it dripped down, but it will not come off.
  • lo445loislo445lois Member Posts: 1
    travling about 60 mph on xway - hit scan on the radio - and the car lost power, went dark and lost power steering. Pulled to the shoulder. Turned off ignition. Turned ignition back on - it started - we proceeded with no further problems.

The car is 2010 Nissan Rogue with under 5000 miles on it - purchased on 9/29/2010
  • rimborrimbor Member Posts: 1
    I came to this forum because I found a post very similar to my issue.

Drove 550 miles to visit my parents. Everything was good.

On the way home, I tried driving over a mountain pass and got stuck at 2500 RPM's and could not accelerate no matter how far I pushed the gas.

2009 Rogue S AWD 53k miles.

It turned out, according to the nissan dealership, that there was excessive tranny oil pressure built up and it started a "boiling effect". This caused the car to go into a "safety mode". The CVT update was never done to it either. I am picking up the car later today but hopefully this is the last of the issues I have with it. Otherwise, it has been great.
  • 2009rogue2009rogue Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if you can put/replace (new tires and wheels) and change for the stock P215 70R/16 to P235 65R/16?
  • kazvolinskykazvolinsky Member Posts: 12
    Just traded 2009 Murano LE(head gaskets blew off at 32000 miles-lemon car,had bad smell from the beginning, on a dealer they had told us-nothing wrong, that is the way it is) for a brand new Rogue 2011 SV.Picked it up on 5-3-2011, today 5-6-2011-ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON!!!Well-another lemon?
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    I have a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. It only has 450 miles on the odometer. After starting the vehicle and putting it in reverse, for example backing out of a parking spot, I hear a thud or thump coming from the rear underneath of the vehicle. The first time I heard it I thought I ran someone or something over. You don't feel the thud, you just hear it. And this is the only time it is heard.

Is this normal? I am assuming this has something to do with the AWD disengaging in reverse or something, but I am no mechanic. Is this something that would warrant a visit to the dealer for? Anyone else heard this on their Rogue?

Other than this noise, the vehicle runs perfect with no other noises or sensations when driving it.
    Take the car back and walk away. Why would you buy a second Nissan product with your experience with the Murano?
  • ambiguouskambiguousk Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a new Nissan Rogue, right now it has approximately 1500 miles. Hopefully we don't ever have any of the transmission problems that most people are having. So I wanted to bring to light an electronics issue we have been dealing with since we bought the vehicle about a month ago. Our issue has to deal with the the smart key system. What is happening is when you exit the vehicle it will start beeping at you like you have left the key in the car but longer(more beeps). Then you go to press the button on your door to lock the doors and nothing happens. After that you try pressing the lock button on the remotes and it won't lock. If you press the unlock button on the remote that still works however. So far we have brought the car back to the dealership about 4-5 times. The first time they ran the vehicle with there computer and said they could not find any errors and to bring the vehicle back when it was having the problem. So we took some videos and brought it back and showed them. They have replaced the batteries in the smart keys and have ordered us new remotes for the vehicle. This morning was the first time that we have been able to take it to the dealership and it still be having the problem. The service tech looked over the vehicle and is still thinking that it could be the remotes. So that is the next step. If the remotes do not solve the problem then the next step is the actual computer for the smart keys inside the vehicle. This entire time the vehicle, when run on the diagnostic machine, has had no error codes. Obviously though there is something wrong with the vehicle and we are glad that they are taking steps to fix the issue. I'll let you know what they come up with as I know and hopefully it is resolved sooner then later. I paid for a brand new vehicle and I expect it to work NISSAN! :confuse:
  • nissmazlovernissmazlover Member Posts: 162
    We bought a Rogue about a little more than a month ago (2011 SL AWD) and it has less than 1K miles. On the highway, starting at 60mph, there is an annoying wind whistling noise present, as if there is a wind leak. I am not sure as to where it's coming from, but I think it's either from the front window(s) or the sunroof area. It minimizes a bit when I close the interior sunroof cover.

It's really annoying to me since I don't ALWAYS drive with the music on (great Bose system, btw), and sometimes I like to just have a quiet ride on the highway and this noise definitely impedes that. Plus, it's disappointing because the car is great and, otherwise, has such a quiet (except in the rain) and nice interior. Doesn't really give you the quality feeling when you're driving a $28K brand new car and have wind leaking somewhere, whistling annoyingly at you when driving at normal highway speeds. BTW, the faster you drive, the more noticeable it gets.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, what have you done to take care of it, and will the Nissan dealer fix it?

Thanks!
  • loveit7loveit7 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem and will schedule an appointment with the dealership to report the problem. I noticed that there's a small open space between the sunroof and the rubber seal. Will give an update later.
  • loveit7loveit7 Member Posts: 2
    In my case, the Nissan dealer fixed the cause of the noise.

Here's the infofrom service report: "Sunroof glass slightly out of alignment. Realignedsunroff glass to better fit roof opening."

All ok now from my end.